Page 21 of 70 FirstFirst ... 111619202122232631 ... LastLast

Thread: Fate/Stay Night [Realta Nua] - Ultimate Edition - 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamyaarav View Post
    Hello, I'm new here and just figiured out how to log in, and I had a question. Where can I download the three seperate routes of the fate realta nua? It says that I have to download them myself but I can't find a proper link anywhere, it tells me to go to , but that isn't working anymore, could I get some help please?
    In order to find it, put the following in Google (quotes included): "Fate/stay night [Réalta Nua] Ultimate Edition - All Patches (1.0.0 beta)"

I got it working, but one small sticking point the SDL folks might have is that the SDL2-static project files I needed to create need to link to the stdlib statically, as it's what krkrz is tvpwin is doing. They might request that it be changed to link Dynamically, which would require some manual fiddling when cloning this down. This could of course be fixed by again, a small fork on the part of the krkrz project, but they don't seem particularly active with accepting PRs like this. Anyway I'll get this pushed up in a day or so and see if SDL will accept the change, and then update the krkrz PR.

Quote Originally Posted by playmer View Post
    I got it working, but one small sticking point the SDL folks might have is that the SDL2-static project files I needed to create need to link to the stdlib statically, as it's what krkrz is tvpwin is doing. They might request that it be changed to link Dynamically, which would require some manual fiddling when cloning this down. This could of course be fixed by again, a small fork on the part of the krkrz project, but they don't seem particularly active with accepting PRs like this. Anyway I'll get this pushed up in a day or so and see if SDL will accept the change, and then update the krkrz PR.
    Good job. We were wondering if this might end up sufficiently complicated to make it not worth the hassle to implement this way, so I'm glad you figured something out.

Please, who knows where to save the fate hollow ataraxia file without installing it first, right? PLEASE HELP ANSWER MY QUESTIONS

Quote Originally Posted by Mcrmitz R View Post
    Please, who knows where to save the fate hollow ataraxia file without installing it first, right? PLEASE HELP ANSWER MY QUESTIONS
    This isn't the Fate/hollow ataraxia thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamyaarav View Post
    the three separate routes of the fate realta nua?
    [20111223](Fate) [20120131](Unlimited Blade works) [20120229](Heaven's Feel) (PCゲーム) [TYPE-MOON] Fate/stay night [Réalta Nua] for Windows

Somewhere 6th in the google search results…
    Last edited by Dimoks; July 6th, 2022 at 01:50 PM.

Blog Entries
    Hey guys - version 1.1.0 is now live.
    For some reason I cannot edit the first post now due to a bug - but it will be updated soon.

Please redownload the patches from the link in the first post:
    * Note that there are now multiple HD patches for even higher resolutions.
    * The decensor patch has been integrated into the h patch, so it is no longer necessary.

This release brings a lot of bug fixes, many new features and switches, and improved performance.
    Please consult the readme for more information.

Thanks for the amazing work!
    The higher resolutions and better performance make the experience so much more pleasant.

The only minor complaint I have is that since the track list in the BGM menu is now tied to progression, if for example someone wants to use the Vita tracks for a first read they now have to manually switch it every time a new track pops up instead of simply setting all tracks at once to their Vita version like in the previous patch.

But damn, aside from that, it's perfect, you all made FSN so much better.

is 4x patch still supported? if so, how should I name it? it shows up in the drop-down menu

Quote Originally Posted by AHX2024 View Post
    is 4x patch still supported? if so, how should I name it? it shows up in the drop-down menu
    Nope, the old 3rd party 4x patch will not work properly and will just get you worse image quality than when using the new 2400 patch (which is 3x). We have created a new 4x patch for this release but didn't release it since it's somewhat pointless. The image quality barely increases beyond the 1920 version. At the same time, the neccessary CPU power you need to run these resolutions quickly gets absurd. A 10700k is barely able to run in 2400x1800 mode with smooth animations at 60 fps. 3200 mode in 4:3 would need about 80% more cpu performance than that, while in 16:9 you'd need around 140% more.
    If people really insist, we can of course release the 3200 patch as well, but it's not something useful for actually enjoying the game.
    Last edited by Bohemian Waxwing; July 7th, 2022 at 08:17 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Twhite90 View Post
    Thanks for the amazing work!
    The higher resolutions and better performance make the experience so much more pleasant.

The only minor complaint I have is that since the track list in the BGM menu is now tied to progression, if for example someone wants to use the Vita tracks for a first read they now have to manually switch it every time a new track pops up instead of simply setting all tracks at once to their Vita version like in the previous patch.

But damn, aside from that, it's perfect, you all made FSN so much better.
    This is not intended actually... After we get some more feedback we'll release a minor bugfix version.
    Edit: I updated `patch.xp3` with a fix for this since it kinda bothered me.

US Friend Code
    mega got a download limit of 5GB per day
    Is there some alternative?

EDIT: Nevermind, am stupid. Don't need the higher res patches.
    Last edited by TheSkipRow; July 8th, 2022 at 08:21 AM.

any reason why UBW.exe and HF.exe are now added as a part of the patch? Is it just a way to skip to said route directly like it was in the split version? Didn't see anything in the patch notes on it.

Asking because HF.exe triggered a severe trojan detection from the default Windows Defender while UBW.exe and the updated Fate.exe did not.

Last edited by justinefremlouw; July 8th, 2022 at 10:15 AM.
    I shut my eyes in order to see~

Quote Originally Posted by justinefremlouw View Post
    any reason why UBW.exe and HF.exe are now added as a part of the patch? Is it just a way to skip to said route directly like it was in the split version? Didn't see anything in the patch notes on it.
    Asking because HF.exe triggered a severe trojan detection from the default Windows Defender while UBW.exe and the updated Fate.exe did not.
    This is pretty funny since all three are the exact same runtime just with a different icon. The sole reason for their existence is to give people the option to choose which app icon they want to see in the game window. You can choose whichever, they all do the same thing.
    The reason we added them to MEGA is so that people can then update their old EXE without having to reinstall. (Normally, the EXE gets only added by the RNU installer.)
    The reason people should update the EXE at all is that the old version had an issue with right mouse button clicks when they happened too quickly after one another.
    You can check the changes that went into this version in this GIT repo: https://github.com/KrokusPokus/krkrz
    Last edited by Bohemian Waxwing; July 8th, 2022 at 12:01 PM.

Blog Entries
    Basically the installer creates the executable, but I added it anyway for people who already have the game installed and need to update (minor engine bug-fixes were applied).
    Fate.exe UBW.exe HF.exe are all the same - nothing to do with routes. It's just for people who prefer different icons for their executables...

Thanks for the update. Very appreciated.

But can't you guys also upload a torrent or in Google Drive? Mega is slow (at least for me rn, not even close to my internet speed), and has a small download limit.

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by HenDGS; July 9th, 2022 at 02:23 AM.

Resident straight-male kuutsundere NM64's Avatar
    Just so everyone knows, I'm probably not going to get much of a chance to look into v1.1.0 for a while as I've been long awaiting the release of Linux Mint 21.0 to do a slew of bug testing (I've got a list of like 40 things) on the beta version of Mint 21.0 (which is to release anytime between today and next week) as well as revamp the hardware in 3 of my other non-primary PCs once the non-beta version of Mint 21.0 is out (presumably end of July or early August).

...unless it takes them longer than expected to release the beta, in which case maybe I'll poke around v1.1.0 some in the meantime?

Regardless, when I get around to properly taking a look at v1.1.0 (or whatever version is the latest at the time), I'll likely focus on performance testing various video codecs and the like for the "low" and "high" quality OPs, primarily for "low" quality.

...the whole separate "low" and 'high" quality encodes for each OP is implemented in v1.1.0, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Bohemian Waxwing View Post
    A 10700k is barely able to run in 2400x1800 mode with smooth animations at 60 fps. 3200 mode in 4:3 would need about 80% more cpu performance than that, while in 16:9 you'd need around 140% more.
    Does it take advantage of multiple threads, or is it purely single-threaded?

I ask because a 10700k has the same per-GHz performance as a 6700k from 2015 due to Intel tying their architecture to their nodes at the time and then subsequently having their infamous 14nm++++++++++++ process node stagnation.

Nevertheless, single-threaded CPU performance is looking to continuously increase by considerable amounts gen-over-gen from both AMD and Intel to the point that we could already be looking at 50% faster (if not greater) single-threaded performance compared to your Sky/Kaby/Coffee/Comet Lake by the time we get to Zen5 and Meteor Lake (just 2 generations from now) with no signs of progression slowing down.

So it would be a shame to not release the 4x patch just because of yesterday's CPU performance.

...and if it does take advantage of multi-threading, then the benefit of future CPUs would be even greater as Intel is doubling-down on their E-cores to boost multi-threaded performance while AMD already has been providing up to 16c/32t of performance cores on a mainstream CPU socket for 3 years now, and that'll even become available in laptops with upcoming mobile Zen4 - and that's without considering the rumors that Zen5 will even farther increase core counts by pairing the smaller Zen4c cores with larger full-fat Zen5 cores.

EDIT: Oh uh, it seems that the 4x "hd_3200" patch is in fact present on the MEGA after all. Looking at the "Date added" it seems that it wasn't originally present but was added a day later.

That being said, I must wonder if it wouldn't be more clear to the end-user if each number didn't also end in "px" in order to signify that it refers to pixels, e.g. 3200px.

EDIT 2: Found a minor mistake in the readme:
    Note: In Classic/PS2/Vita mode, the Fate OP plays after
    "PS2" should say Realta Nua.

EDIT 3: The following under the FAQ should probably be updated considering the now-included option of using embedded mpv to play the OPs:
    My game is crashing when I reach an OP, the error message says "EAccessViolation", what do I do?

Install the latest [LAV filters].
    If that still doesn't work, you can always choose the "Skip movies in-game" in the Movie Content menu.
    Last edited by NM64; July 9th, 2022 at 04:12 AM.
    HELP WANTED - Contact me if you know the original source of this song:

Blog Entries
    Well, the switch for low/high quality movie exists, but we didn't get around to actually doing it so...
    Basically, if you add a lower quality movie to the OP patch with a "_low" suffix (i.e. "classic_op_fate_low.mp4") it should use this one when the "low" option is selected.
    The "auto" option currently uses the high quality without any kind of logic to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bohemian Waxwing View Post
    Quibi updated the installer linked on the first page. Due to changed libraries, it unfortunately lost some of its backwards compatibility, so now is compatible only with Windows 8 and higher. The game itself should still be able to run on Win7, though.
    Please let us know if you encounter any issues.
    That is rather unfortunate, though understandable considering the age of Windows 7 and the fact MS no longer supports it. I recently downloaded this 2 days ago and attempted to install it on a Windows 7 laptop last night only to find it crashing and discovered this incompatibility. Thankfully I did however manage to get the installer working on Windows 7 using a custom implementation of "api-ms-win-core-path-l1-1-0.dll" for it that I found over on GitHub along with my own custom "shcore.dll" containing just a single function. I haven't started playing the game itself yet, will do soon, yet but from quick testing it seems to run fine still.
    Last edited by Sarvok; July 9th, 2022 at 07:53 AM.

Does anyone have a save file with only the fate route finished? I reset my disk and I just want to reread UBW