Page 24 of 70 FirstFirst ... 141922232425262934 ... LastLast

Thread: Fate/Stay Night [Realta Nua] - Ultimate Edition - 2022

Quote Originally Posted by NM64 View Post
    I may or may not have discovered a trick for if you want the crisp text of hd_3200 but don't have the computational grunt to handle it- take a lower-resolution HD patch and simply rename it to 'patch_hd_3200.xp3' and select it in the VN.

More in-depth performance testing is commencing (the trial "demo" should be a pretty good test-scene)
    I believe this would be more processor and memory intensive since it needs to upscale the image after loading.
    Hey Alyinghood, you're probably the only person who can sanity check this for me - when using 'patch_hd_3200.xp3' with a stock configuration (other than setting the quality to "High (4x)"), is it just me or is performance seemingly perfectly fine in WINE even on an only somewhat high-ish end CPU? (a Ryzen 4800U in my case - yes it's a very modern architecture but its 15w TDP limits its clockspeed, and mobile Zen2 has 1/4 the L2 cache of desktop Zen2 which hurts gaming performance considerably).

Basically since my 4800U definitely has weaker single-threaded performance (though not by a ton admittedly) compared to the 10700k referenced on the previous page, I thought hd_3200 would be a complete non-starter but, while I haven't done much of any tests other than the first few scenes of the prologue, I was given the impression that it'd be a lag-fest yet... performance was flawless?
    It may be possible that vsync is forced on. In that case the FPS will be more stable.
    ...also it seems that, not only does the AMD HD5870 and AMD E-350 not work for the OPs, but the Intel 965GMA from the Core 2 Duo era also does not work for the OPs and it instead results in the infamous "white screen of death" that doesn't even play audio that we saw sometimes back with the old 0.9.x versions of Ultimate Edition (I at least get audio on the AMD GPUs). This is making it quite difficult for me to test video decoding performance for "low" quality OP encodes on weaker hardware...

However it seems that Sandy Bridge's iGPU does work which, when combined with Throttlestop to set a multiplier of 8x (aka 800Mhz) and setting Fate.exe to only a single process thread via task manager, I can create a pretty good scenario of older low-end hardware (my sister's laptop even uses Westmere, the CPU generation before Sandy Bridge so, if it works there, then that'll be an even better test-case).

...but still, these problems on old GPUs is, well, problematic considering that the older v0.9.x of ultimate edition didn't have issues playing on the very same hardware that's now not playing ball.
    Check that OpenGL 2.1+ drivers are installed.

Quote Originally Posted by Bohemian Waxwing View Post
    The GPU virtually does nothing with this game engine, it's CPU only. And even though the effects are multi-threaded the script parsing and asset loading is not, so is very much CPU bound. There doesn't seem to be a CPU on the market right now that is able to play the 3200 patch smoothly. Try the 2400 patch - a top of the line CPU might just get you by then in 4:3 mode. Widescreen might be a taller order, though. The 3200 patch was uploaded for completeness sake and to satisfy people's curiosity. Please don't use it for regular play.
    (Also, the assets are waifu2x upscales. You won't get significantly better quality beyond 1600 (except maybe for better text rendering), so using 3200 is plain silly...)
    I see. Thanks for the info. Will be playing with 1920 patch.

I think it's something with having pre-existing save data; farther investigation will commence as this may actually be a bug on my part.

EDIT: I can't seem to replicate it... so whatever.
    Well, I had a save.

Are you sure a single thread wasn't being maxed out? For example, on a 4core/8thread CPU, a single thread being maxed out will only show up as 12.5% total CPU utilization.

It is very demanding as was stated on the previous page and is more for people with high-end modern CPUs for the time being.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Have you tried it on a Zen3 CPU, Zen3D V-cache (Ryzen 5800X3D), and/or a 12th gen Alder Lake Intel CPU?

All three of these have substantial (like 20%) single-threaded CPU performance gains over their previous generations, with Zen3D V-cache being a wild card that sometimes provides no benefit over normal Zen3 while other times provides as much as like 40% gains depending on how cache-heavy a program is.
    I am at least sure that I was using multithread, and it was not using 50% of the cpu (Ryzen 7 3700X here). Will test more latter

And a general question about fps. I am playing with fps unlocked, using adaptive sync from ncp. Is it normal for the fps to fluctuate in normal gameplay, and just go to 60 in transition effects?

Hey so it's me again, I was able to get the game running on android so thank you! But I have one problem when testing the game using the 100% save file from the original thread, the movie option on the extra displays an error whenever I click on it (it works perfectly fine on windows). And it displays an error saying something went wrong but it doesn't crashes. I downloaded all the patches and made sure everything was copied and no file was missing when transferring from windows to android.

It's actually the same with Hollow Ataraxia. I downloaded Hollow Ataraxia from a youtube video I saw and the save file I also tested on windows, so I know it works. And the error is the music option on the extra menu, but this time when I click on it, it displays an error and automatically crashes KK2.

Here's the error they displayed:

(FSN Ultimate Edition)
    ****************************file/d/1Jky...w?usp=drivesdk

(Fate Hollow Ataraxia)
    ****************************file/d/1Jia...w?usp=drivesdk
    Last edited by LonelyShadow; July 14th, 2022 at 12:53 AM.

Regarding the static-sdl thing, apologies but I didn't get to submitting the PR to SDL until just now, work hit me like a truck over the last week, sorry about that. PR into SDL is here: https://github.com/libsdl-org/SDL/pull/5915

Umm, the most recent patch of FSN RN Ultimate Edition is giving me Trojan Virus messages with the exes. should i be concerned

- - - Updated - - -

like its saying that the exes are a "severe virus"

JP Friend Code
    Ask me
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by sunnyseviper View Post
    Umm, the most recent patch of FSN RN Ultimate Edition is giving me Trojan Virus messages with the exes. should i be concerned

- - - Updated - - -

like its saying that the exes are a "severe virus"
    Windows Defender updated their virus definitions recently. It's currently causing issues and false flagging many applications. New FGO APKs, the MBTL injector, and seemingly FSN Ultimate Edition are being false flagged. If you're that worried scan something with https://www.virustotal.com/ 10~ results mean nothing, only worry if it's more than half.

what do I do to make it stop removing it

I don't know how the text box became like this when I updateed the "patch.xp3". Is there anyway to make to go back to normal?

OK well I added my whole TYPE-MOON folder into windows defender as an exclusion

Resident straight-male kuutsundere NM64's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alyinghood View Post
    I believe this would be more processor and memory intensive since it needs to upscale the image after loading.
    Indeed it turns out it was more demanding. Furthermore it straight-up breaks scene transitions, so nevermind on that.

It may be possible that vsync is forced on. In that case the FPS will be more stable.
    After farther testing, I've come to the conclusion that peak performance is indeed worse on WINE but, when performance is buckling under load, WINE does a better job of skipping frames more consistently, so I wouldn't be surprised if the 1% lows are better on WINE.

Also regarding performance, I have a minor request to replace the 15fps cap with 20fps and to additionally replace the 45fps cap with 40fps; the idea being that 20fps is much more tolerable and usable than 15fps while 40fps not only divides evenly into 120fps but, in terms of frame time (which is how we percieve framerate smoothness), 40fps is actually directly in the middle between 30fps and 60fps due to the way framerates increase exponentially rather than lineally (i.e. you go from 15 to 30 to 60 to 120, not 15 to 30 to 45 to 60).

...can I also request a 100fps cap as well?

Check that OpenGL 2.1+ drivers are installed.
    Considering that both of the AMD GPUs I tested can run FAST Racing League (a graphically impressive polygonal-3D Wii game) through the OpenGL backend in v4.0+ of the Dolphin emulator on Windows which itself requires OpenGL 3.0 (and the E-350 was able to run even the recent 2022 5.0+ betas of Dolphin which requires even newer OpenGL versions of some variety), this is clearly not the issue on my AMD hardware...

However, this is almost certainly the issue for the Intel 965GMA since OpenGL support on Windows for these older DirectX 9/10-era Intel GPUs is woeful to say the least - it doesn't even support OpenGL 2.0! Needless to say, it's my impression that such things was a big reason why Google even created ANGLE back in the day because there was never going to be any hope for Intel's GPUs at the time to run WebGL natively without first converting it to Direct3D.

(I don't suppose there's any sort of hope for an ANGLE fallback or at least a software-renderer fallback for these older integrated Intel GPUs?)
    HELP WANTED - Contact me if you know the original source of this song:

Quote Originally Posted by schism View Post
    I don't know how the text box became like this when I updateed the "patch.xp3". Is there anyway to make to go back to normal?
    You might have forgotten to update whatever other xp3 patch files you're using. You also seem to be using some kind of custom english patch there. That text doesn't exist in the version we provided.

Quote Originally Posted by playmer View Post
    Regarding the static-sdl thing, apologies but I didn't get to submitting the PR to SDL until just now, work hit me like a truck over the last week, sorry about that. PR into SDL is here: https://github.com/libsdl-org/SDL/pull/5915
    No need to rush. Real life always is the main game. I'm glad that you looked into this to begin with.

I don't think this is right hahahaha. UBW 5th day, in the forest.

Hi !

I downloaded Fate through another means because I was at the limit of my mega account.

I have a small problem, I can't launch the game and this message appears.
    "Script exception raised, voice.xp3 is not XP3 archive or unsupported"

(The file is almost 3gb so I think it's the right one)

If you could help me it would be great! :d
    Last edited by Skygrey; July 14th, 2022 at 09:26 AM. Reason: forgot to thank you

Quote Originally Posted by HenDGS View Post
    I don't think this is right hahahaha. UBW 5th day, in the forest.
    Has been reported and fixed and will be in the next minor update (v1.1.1)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Skygrey View Post
    Hi !
    I downloaded Fate through another means because I was at the limit of my mega account.
    If you got it from somewhere else, I suppose it's a version containing the older patches. You'd still have to update it with the patches from Mega. (If you run into download limits, take note that you don't need all patches. You can get a running game just with `patch.xp3`, `patch_lang_english.xp3`plus maybe a high res patch like `patch_hd_1600.xp3` and `patch_h.xp3`for the naughty stuff. Those 4 together amount to 4 GiB download volume.

Quote Originally Posted by LonelyShadow View Post
    Hey so it's me again, I was able to get the game running on android so thank you! But I have one problem when testing the game using the 100% save file from the original thread, the movie option on the extra displays an error whenever I click on it (it works perfectly fine on windows). And it displays an error saying something went wrong but it doesn't crashes. I downloaded all the patches and made sure everything was copied and no file was missing when transferring from windows to android.

It's actually the same with Hollow Ataraxia. I downloaded Hollow Ataraxia from a youtube video I saw and the save file I also tested on windows, so I know it works. And the error is the music option on the extra menu, but this time when I click on it, it displays an error and automatically crashes KK2.

Here's the error they displayed:

(FSN Ultimate Edition)
    ****************************file/d/1Jky...w?usp=drivesdk

(Fate Hollow Ataraxia)
    ****************************file/d/1Jia...w?usp=drivesdk
    So I read the error of FSN Ultimate Edition and found out you need to provide the exception files along with an explanation. I already provided an explanation so here's the exception files.

Resident straight-male kuutsundere NM64's Avatar
    I just wanted to confirm that the OPs not working on my old Intel 965GMA integrated graphics is indeed almost certainly related to Intel's woeful OpenGL support since running v1.1.0 through WINE in Linux on the very same hardware "just worked", presumably because the Intel mesa drivers on Linux are vastly superior to the Windows drivers (especially in terms of OpenGL support). Of course, the baseline performance was substantially worse in WINE whereby I basically had to run with "low" quality graphics for things to even be tolerable, so using WINE for older hardware isn't the greatest workaround...

Regardless, the aforementioned OP issues on AMD graphics still stands but nobody else with AMD graphics has chimed in even if just confirming if things work fine on newer AMD graphics and/or on newer versions of Windows.

EDIT: You know, I actually have two Radeon HD4670 GPUs laying around unused - assuming that the same issue occurs on the HD4000 series (which I can totally check for if you want) then, theoretically I could maybe even ship it to you to use for testing.

...though old, low-end AMD GPUs actually go for pretty cheap on ebay nowadays, like $15 bucks for the HD4670, HD5450, etc (I also have an HD5450 laying around I could also test with).

----------------------------------------------------------------

BTW I would also like to request the addition of frame cap values above 144 for use with ultra-high refresh displays (something I am a bit of a sucker for, especially paired with VRR which is where the cap makes the most sense vs traditional vsync), specifically 240, 480, 960 and 1000 fps caps (1000 being what blurbusters considers to generally be the "end game") at which point we shouldn't need to worry at all about if the cap can go high enough for newer, ultra-high refresh displays or not.

To be a bit blunt, we have an hd_3200 patch but we have a maximum framerate cap of a "mere" 144? I have a 20 year old monitor that could hit 150+Hz...albeit at like 640x480, but my point still stands that 144 is almost kind of like 1440p by now and is more of a "sweet spot" more-so than an "upper limit", so we might as well just "nip that in the bud" earlier rather than later before it actually becomes more of a limitation.

(and to clarify, the reason for both 960 and 1000 is because, much like 960GB vs true 1TB SSDs, it seems like both might end up being a thing so it's unwise to hedge your bets on just one or the other)
    Last edited by NM64; July 14th, 2022 at 09:17 PM.
    HELP WANTED - Contact me if you know the original source of this song:

Quote Originally Posted by Bohemian Waxwing View Post
    You might have forgotten to update whatever other xp3 patch files you're using. You also seem to be using some kind of custom english patch there. That text doesn't exist in the version we provided.
    Yeah I'm using Fbates patch (Re-translation project), I didn't know it wasn't compatible with your new version, also do you mean that I even have to download the HD xp3 files?

@schism
    You were posting a screenshot of the game running in a higher resolution than 800x600. So yeah, if you want things to look right, you need to update the respective HD patch of the resolution you're indending to use.

Hi, new here.

I'm trying to install the Vita version of Fate Realta Nua to my vita and I need some help... with basically everything. I tried to follow the instructions on the old thread and they only confused me.

So just assume I know nothing (because I don't) and explain what I must do baby step by baby step.