Page 2 of 70 FirstFirst 123471252 ... LastLast

Thread: Fate/Stay Night [Realta Nua] - Ultimate Edition - 2022

Quote Originally Posted by NM64 View Post
    First off, a quick unrelated question - any idea if Ultimate Edition renders output audio with 16bit, 24bit, or 32float bit depth? (I can't do the audio recording test that I previously did with Ren'Py to test audio bitdepth output since it's my impression that Ultimate Edition doesn't support lossless audio codecs for background music currently)
    8 bit integer, 16 bit integer, 24 bit integer, 32 bit integer, and 32 bit float appear to be supported when using WaveSoundBuffer. This can be specified when using the "-wsbits" command line argument. See the reference for this command line argument: https://krkrz.github.io/docs/kirikir...Line.html#id37

This won't apply when using libmpv for playback.
    Quote Originally Posted by NM64 View Post
    Anyway, I just found out that JPEG XL includes the lower-resolution progressive-loading function that originated from FLIF that I was a big fan of. Since I know that Alyinghood was at one point looking into using JPEG XL in-place of our existing lossless WebP, I'm wondering if this lower-resolution progressive-loading function couldn't also be used in-conjunction with his elusive higher-quality-than-960p/1200p-resolution whereby you could save disk space by only including a single, ultra high resolution lossless(?) art asset in JPEG XL and then have the engine itself decode lower resolution versions when the display resolution requires it, thereby allowing lower-end systems to not be bogged down by ultra high-res art assets and reducing overall file size by not needing to include separate high-res and ultra high-res versions.

Heck I'm wondering if this could even be used as a way to make the "skip" function go even faster, e.g. decoding lower resolution versions of the art assets when in skip mode (perhaps a specific ratio like 0.5x size of the current program window size)

At the same time, JPEG XL apparently is very fast to decode which should also make it faster than the existing WebP let alone much faster than anything like AVIF (on a quad core system JPEG XL is supposedly a little bit faster than standard JPEG), so it's questionable if the hypothetical performance benefits I outlined above are even of any use (maybe with the exception of skip mode?).
    JPEG XL makes heavy use of multithread and SIMD for speed improvements.
    The performance and memory improvements when reading a downscaled version will depend on if JPEG XL can decode to a small buffer when doing that.

Resident straight-male kuutsundere NM64's Avatar
    I also noticed the "-wsfreq" command which seems to be the default output sampling rate (as in what the audio is resampled to during output and mixing). The default of 44100Hz makes sense currently but using 48000Hz would probably make more sense if we ever implement my 54/55 speed & pitch alteration idea (technically 192000Hz would be even better but a lot of digital audio hardware maxes out at 48kHz such as TVs and such, and we already know that at least Rokudaime is one such person that uses Ultimate Edition on a TV).

Quote Originally Posted by Alyinghood View Post
    8 bit integer, 16 bit integer, 24 bit integer, 32 bit integer, and 32 bit float appear to be supported when using WaveSoundBuffer. This can be specified when using the "-wsbits" command line argument. See the reference for this command line argument: https://krkrz.github.io/docs/kirikir...Line.html#id37

This won't apply when using libmpv for playback.
    My main interest was for general audio mixing with the music and sound effects rather than the OPs; basically since we only support Vista and newer anyway, we should probably be just defaulting to 32bit float for audio mixing (which, as I mentioned on the RenPy issue tracker, is what Windows itself as an OS has used since Vista and even Android nowadays uses 32bit float for mixing; it's really just iOS that's the hold out with it using 24bit integer, but Ultimate Edition doesn't support iOS anyway).

EDIT: Unless that'll bork up homebrew ports (e.g. Vita), in which case even 24bit integer audio mixing would still be better (assuming that even that wouldn't also bork up homebrew ports).
    Last edited by NM64; December 30th, 2021 at 05:00 PM.
    HELP WANTED - Contact me if you know the original source of this song:

Hi! I am having this problem with the installer. It doesnt let me choose the destination folder and save folder. Does anyone know any solutions?

I myself cannot really help, but the rounded corners imply Windows 11 which could be the source of the issue (unless it's Windows 7 with a custom theme as it too had rounded corners).

EDIT: As mentioned by Quibi below, it might be DPI scaling causing issues; the most convenient work-around then would be to right-click the installer EXE → Properies → "Compatibility" tab → check the box for "Override high DPI scaling behavior” and then click OK.

Otherwise, if you have access to a PC running an older version of Windows, you could try running the installer on there but set to "portable install" and then copy the resulting program folder back over to your Windows 11 PC.
    Last edited by NM64; December 29th, 2021 at 08:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Quibi View Post
    This is most likely a case of DPI scaling messing things up...
    ...I thought that issue got fixed a while ago?

Nevertheless, unless it's easy to properly fix, it might be best if we just disable DPI aware-ness inside the installer program itself (rather than requiring the user to manually enable "Override high DPI scaling behavior”) so that the OS always treats it like any old non-DPI aware program and manually upscales it.

Just saw this. Nice new thread!

So a question I would like to ask is that I see the checksums for the generated files of the old installer differ from the new installer (for files that aren't even part of the Mega update folder)? Is there any difference of content between them or what?

Quote Originally Posted by Username55 View Post
    Just saw this. Nice new thread!

So a question I would like to ask is that I see the checksums for the generated files of the old installer differ from the new installer (for files that aren't even part of the Mega update folder)? Is there any difference of content between them or what?
    No, just how the files are generated are different. For example, NFD->NFC normalization is performed. the encoding of the files are changed to UTF-16 to avoid locale issues, and the file list is sorted before writing the files.

Uhhh hello, I just wanted to see if I could get some assistance with setting up fate stay night (ultimate edition 1.0.0) onto android through kirikiroid2. After successfully downloading and running it on my computer device I wanted to see if it was compatible with android as kirikiroid2 reads .xp3 files. However, it was to my surprise that kirikiroid2 had no response to it when I try to run it (the issue). Would I have some assistance in clarifying how to do this or if it is even possible? (On a side note, how do I send images? I am new to this platform and I believe it would help greatly in explaining my issue)

Quote Originally Posted by Breezybeater View Post
    Uhhh hello, I just wanted to see if I could get some assistance with setting up fate stay night (ultimate edition 1.0.0) onto android through kirikiroid2. After successfully downloading and running it on my computer device I wanted to see if it was compatible with android as kirikiroid2 reads .xp3 files. However, it was to my surprise that kirikiroid2 had no response to it when I try to run it (the issue). Would I have some assistance in clarifying how to do this or if it is even possible? (On a side note, how do I send images? I am new to this platform and I believe it would help greatly in explaining my issue)
    Ask on the AndroidVisualNovels discord, they have a version that works

Would you mind linking me to that server? That would be greatly appreciated thanks.

Edit: Nevermind! Thank you for leading me to some support, many thanks.
    Last edited by Breezybeater; January 1st, 2022 at 09:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Breezybeater View Post
    Would you mind linking me to that server? That would be greatly appreciated thanks.
    Search google for androidvisualnovels

I've installed the LAV Filters and patches for the game, but when I launch I get an error like this:

?????????????????????
    file://..../faterealtanua_savedata/patch.xp3 ? XP3 ????????????????????????????????????????????????

It also opens a blue cmd prompt...

I've looked around quite a bit and can't quite find a solution for this. Any help you can give would be appreciated!

A quick addendum:

Another error I get when trying to run from the general .exe in my program files (not from the exe launch of the crack for the specific route) I get this error:

Script exception raised
    file://./c/program files (x86)/fate stay night realta nua ultimate edition/patch.xp3 is not XP3 archive or unsupported

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Wiish View Post
    A quick addendum:

Another error I get when trying to run from the general .exe in my program files (not from the exe launch of the crack for the specific route) I get this error:

Script exception raised
    file://./c/program files (x86)/fate stay night realta nua ultimate edition/patch.xp3 is not XP3 archive or unsupported

Thank you
    See instructions in top post "How to UPDATE from an older version of Ultimate Edition:"

Quote Originally Posted by Wiish View Post
    A quick addendum:

Script exception raised

Thank you
    Check the size of the .xp3 files in your game directory. They're either going to be 4kb or older files. Download the patches and replace them with the ones in your game directory.

屍鬼 Ghoul
    I've been trying all day to get this version of the VN to work but it refuses to launch. Initially, when I tried starting it up, I got an "Script exception raised. Read error" error message.
    Running with admin privileges didn't help, so I uninstalled and reinstalled both the separated routes and the UE. Now it still doesn't work, but I don't even get an error message, just an error sound and nothing else happens.
    It's not for the same error message, but I saw in the FAQ that deleting config.ksc can help, but that didn't work, either.
    I then saw it suggested online to remove the slashes from the folder and file names for the routes and such, so I uninstalled, did that, and reinstalled. No change.
    I've also tried deleting and remaking the faterealtanua_savedate folder and copying the patches back in to no avail.
    Locale Emulator doesn't fix it, either.
    The strange thing is the individual route .exes do work, but they're still in Japanese even though I should have installed the translation patch.
    Last edited by NCN; January 2nd, 2022 at 05:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NCN View Post
    I've been trying all day to get this version of the VN to work but it refuses to launch. Initially, when I tried starting it up, I got an "Script exception raised. Read error" error message.
    Running with admin privileges didn't help, so I uninstalled and reinstalled both the separated routes and the UE. Now it still doesn't work, but I don't even get an error message, just an error sound and nothing else happens.
    It's not for the same error message, but I saw in the FAQ that deleting config.ksc can help, but that didn't work, either.
    I then saw it suggested online to remove the slashes from the folder and file names for the routes and such, so I uninstalled, did that, and reinstalled. No change.
    I've also tried deleting and remaking the faterealtanua_savedate folder and copying the patches back in to no avail.
    Locale Emulator doesn't fix it, either.
    The strange thing is the individual route .exes do work, but they're still in Japanese even though I should have installed the translation patch.
    Did you install the translation patch and then used the ultimate edition setup? If you haven't tried already, do the setup with a fresh and clean installation of all 3 routes (no patches).

Quote Originally Posted by NCN View Post
    ...so I uninstalled and reinstalled both the separated routes and the UE.
    Wait, what? Why did you install the separate routes, too? Please check the first post's "How do I know if the installer worked correctly?" to check whether you have the files that should exist in a valid installation of Ultimate Edition as well as the relevant patch files listed in "How do I know if I have the latest version of all the patch files?" all in the same folder. Also, maybe I misunderstood you, but the patches go in the same folder as Fate.exe, not into faterealtanua_savedate.

屍鬼 Ghoul
    Quote Originally Posted by reikon View Post
    Did you install the translation patch and then used the ultimate edition setup? If you haven't tried already, do the setup with a fresh and clean installation of all 3 routes (no patches).
    I did not, no. When I say "I should have installed the translation patch," I mean the patch_lang_english.xp3 for the Ultimate Edition. A clean install of everything was the very first thing I tried.
    Actually, does it matter that I've put everything on a different hard drive than the one my OS is running from? My Windows installation is on C:, but I put both the route folders and the UE on the D: drive because it has significantly more space. This has never been a problem for any other games but I want to mention it on the remote chance that it's relevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Bohemian Waxwing View Post
    Wait, what? Why did you install the separate routes, too? Please check the first post's "How do I know if the installer worked correctly?" to check whether you have the files that should exist in a valid installation of Ultimate Edition as well as the relevant patch files listed in "How do I know if I have the latest version of all the patch files?" all in the same folder. Also, maybe I misunderstood you, but the patches go in the same folder as Fate.exe, not into faterealtanua_savedate.
    I assumed it was looking for already-installed versions of the routes and that the patches worked similarly to the old translation for the separate .exes. I may have been mistaken.
    As for having the three routes already installed, OP at the top of the thread never clarified that they shouldn't be. Should I be pointing the installer to the .7z archives with the routes instead? That seems odd to me, since the installer asks to point to folders containing the route .exes.
    Last edited by NCN; January 2nd, 2022 at 05:58 PM.