Page 33 of 70 FirstFirst ... 232831323334353843 ... LastLast

Thread: Fate/Stay Night [Realta Nua] - Ultimate Edition - 2022

breakdown and explain how Fate/Stay Night [Realta Nua] - Ultimate Edition installer merges files from 3 offical realta nua pc releases and why It will not download any patches
    Last edited by ViridiaRestart; August 29th, 2022 at 11:14 AM.

Sorry for what might be a stupid question, but the patch/VN was running fine until I got to the scene where Rin summons Archer.

I received this error message:

A error occurred.
    File: プロローグ1日目.ks line: 2242
    Tag: fg (← might be the tag before or after the error)
    Cannot allocate memory for Bitmap : at TVPAllocBitmapBits
    (size=-1569825176(43924x39956))

I also received an error file (that I cannot unzip). However, I don't know how to attach files in this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by AraragiDirac View Post
    Sorry for what might be a stupid question, but the patch/VN was running fine until I got to the scene where Rin summons Archer.

I received this error message:

A error occurred.
    File: プロローグ1日目.ks line: 2242
    Tag: fg (← might be the tag before or after the error)
    Cannot allocate memory for Bitmap : at TVPAllocBitmapBits
    (size=-1569825176(43924x39956))
    What quality mode did you set?

Quote Originally Posted by Bohemian Waxwing View Post
    What quality mode did you set?
    High x4

Quote Originally Posted by ViridiaRestart View Post
    breakdown and explain how Fate/Stay Night [Realta Nua] - Ultimate Edition installer merges files from 3 offical realta nua pc releases and why It will not download any patches
    A program, which contains a set of instructions is used to do that.
    It will not download any patches because the function has been explicitly removed due to issues.

Quote Originally Posted by AraragiDirac View Post
    High x4
    Please set lower quality mode x1, x1.6 ,or x2.

Do not use x4 mode, as it will hit specification limitations that are currently not resolved.

Quote Originally Posted by Alyinghood View Post
    A program, which contains a set of instructions is used to do that.
    It will not download any patches because the function has been explicitly removed due to issues.

Please set lower quality mode x1, x1.6 ,or x2.

Do not use x4 mode, as it will hit specification limitations that are currently not resolved.
    Hi, just chiming in to add that x3 quality also causes the same or similar error upon the summoning in the Prologue. However, x2.4 works fine.
    Playing for the first time and I'm overall quite impressed with what the community has done! Glad I finally get to dive into Fate.

Thank you! That worked.

Blog Entries
    Keep up the good work guys!
    Downloading this so I can reread it in [realta nua] style for the first time in years.
    Get on with it, I might have better things to do.
    *Checks schedule*
    ah, dammit....

Quote Originally Posted by metabee View Post
    Keep up the good work guys!
    Downloading this so I can reread it in [realta nua] style for the first time in years.
    We're going to relase a new version v1.1.1 with a lot of bug fixes within this week, so it might be good to wait a little longer.

Resident straight-male kuutsundere NM64's Avatar
    within this week
    Erm, there's literally only two more days left in the week. Does that mean it's coming literally tomorrow or the next day?

...well I guess I better get the OP performance testing and the music stuff done before then.

Also, Alyinghood just told me that .MKV file extensions should work for v1.1.1, though he also claims that he's unsure if it's implemented completely (which I'm not sure what that even means when MKV files work right now in v1.1.0 if one simply renames the file extension to .MP4 so, in theory, it should be stupid-simple to confirm if .MKV works by simply seeing if the all of the OPs play or not when using an MKV file extension)

BTW, I don't know if you know about MKVToolNix-gui but it's quite possibly the easiest program ever to combine different audio and video streams into an MKV (and it's available for Linux too!). If you do decide to go the MKV route, then I'd appreciate it if you used my Opus audio for the Vita Fate route OP.
    HELP WANTED - Contact me if you know the original source of this song:

Quote Originally Posted by NM64 View Post
    Erm, there's literally only two more days left in the week. Does that mean it's coming literally tomorrow or the next day?

...well I guess I better get the OP performance testing and the music stuff done before then.
    The video reencodes don't need to go into this release, we'll update them whenever they are ready.
    Last edited by Bohemian Waxwing; September 2nd, 2022 at 05:17 AM.

The video reencodes don't need to go into this release, we'll update them whenever they are ready.
    But why not include them anyway? They seem to already be generally done, no? I mean, that pixel issue you mentioned in your most recent email doesn't happen in the actual VN nor in stand-alone mpv. Or did you since decide to completely redo the waifu2x-ing on the Vita UBW and Vita HF OPs from scratch?

Besides, the "low" quality OP setting was broken in 1.1.0 and that supposedly has been fixed in 1.1.1.

Speaking of low quality OPs, did you ever re-encode the Vita UBW and Vita HF OPs from their original 960x544 MP4s?

Anyway, isn't the only thing that's really left in terms of the OPs is optimizing the performance vs quality vs filesize trade-off ratio for the low quality encodes? But even then that doesn't need to really be perfected at this time since the OP playback issue on AMD GPUs means that I'm much more limited in what low-end CPUs I can test with so, at this point, we might as well just kind of try to "ball-park" things instead.

...which reminds me - I wonder if the OP playback issue on AMD GPUs will be fixed in 1.1.1 as well.

EDIT: Oh, I suppose there's the video thumbnail stuff, but the Vita OPs really don't need it and the two classic OPs uses a whopping one image each taken from particularly distinctive scenes that should be pretty darned simple to identify which exact frame is used. And of course, the PS2 OPs use the wrong thumbnails anyway and should be left as-is until I identify the correct ones at which point I'll also identify the exact exact frames required, and they too are only just a single frame per OP anyway.

...I mean, if you want, I could probably manage to identify the frames used for the classic OP thumbnails in all of a couple of minutes. EDIT 2: Yeah, the correct frame for the classic Fate OP thumbnail is 0:16:383 while the correct frame for the classic UBW OP thumbnail is 1:02:328
    Last edited by NM64; September 2nd, 2022 at 02:19 PM.

Blog Entries
    Hey, New patch is out - version 1.1.1.
    Check first post for details.
    Since we made changes in all the patches - please redownload all patches if you're upgrading.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I can't believe I played the xxx marks version and not the check mark ones.

Your not a TYPE MOON fan if you don't even own a TM Merch or haven't fapped to a TM character.

When loading a save slot that was saved in v1.1.0 at a scene near the end of the prologue (e.g. right before the PS2 OP plays), it sounds like it's skipping through the entire prologue up until the scene where you saved - is this expected behavior?

----------------------------------------------------------------

Awww, it seems that the issue with OPs not displaying correctly on AMD GPUs still occurs on v1.1.1...

Does this mean that Alyinghood was not able to replicate the issue, or has he just not figured it out a proper solution? As mentioned, I literally have two HD4670 GPUs sitting around gathering dust, though older low-end AMD GPUs such as that as well as the HD5450 go for all of like 10 to 20 bucks on ebay (and that's squarely in the generation that I know the issue occurs on).

I'm just thinking that, if it even occurs on both newer AMD hardware as well as newer versions of Windows then it's only going to become more of a problem since Ryzen 7000 now has a built-in iGPU on all SKUs and their 5nm power efficiency looks to be leagues ahead of even what Intel 13th gen will bring (and that's without considering v-cache Zen4 is already confirmed to be a thing)...unless more people start using Linux for reading VNs since the issue does not occur on there (though, at least with wine-staging 7.15, I have some minor issues with mouse-cursor focus when sometimes switching the VN between fullscreen and windowed, but pressing the Windows/Super key fixes it - also I sometimes had a white line below OPs when played during the story itself).

Good show mates! Incredible!

When loading a save slot that was saved in v1.1.0 at a scene near the end of the prologue (e.g. right before the PS2 OP plays), it sounds like it's skipping through the entire prologue up until the scene where you saved - is this expected behavior?
    This is expected behavior. This is intended to be done to resolve any differnece issues when the scenario file has changed.
    Awww, it seems that the issue with OPs not displaying correctly on AMD GPUs still occurs on v1.1.1...
    This issue should be worked around at the moment by skipping movie playback if the video file cannot be played. The logic for video playback failure was faulty, so I have fixed that.

A proper fix should be made once I have some time to add some logic to detect if a different rendering backend should be used, and to use that instead.

This issue should be worked around at the moment by skipping movie playback if the video file cannot be played. The logic for video playback failure was faulty, so I have fixed that.
    That's just it though - it doesn't straight up fail to play like on GPUs lacking OpenGL 2.x (e.g. Core 2 Duo-era Intel graphics on Windows); on AMD GPUs the video is actually "playing" as evidenced by the audio, but the area where the video is supposed to be displayed just shows a solid blue color.

By contrast, the aforementioned old Intel GPUs on Windows would have the VN basically just get stuck at a white image at the end of the prologue in a manner similar to back in the early days of Ultimate Edition (at least on v1.1.0; I've not tested them on v1.1.1).

- - - Updated - - -

Yup, you still just get a "white program window of death" on that aforementioned old Intel graphics on v1.1.1 (Intel 965GMA in my case).

That's just it though - it doesn't straight up fail to play like on GPUs lacking OpenGL 2.x (e.g. Core 2 Duo-era Intel graphics on Windows); on AMD GPUs the video is actually "playing" as evidenced by the audio, but the area where the video is supposed to be displayed just shows a solid blue color.

By contrast, the aforementioned old Intel GPUs on Windows would have the VN basically just get stuck at a white image at the end of the prologue in a manner similar to back in the early days of Ultimate Edition (at least on v1.1.0; I've not tested them on v1.1.1).

- - - Updated - - -

Yup, you still just get a "white program window of death" on that aforementioned old Intel graphics on v1.1.1 (Intel 965GMA in my case).
    On both of those systems with issues:

Could you try downloading the mpv build from https://sourceforge.net/projects/mpv...69.7z/download

Then try running it with the command line arguments:
    mpv --gpu-context=win --vo=gpu --msg-level=debug /path/to/video.mp4
    (while replacing /path/to/video.mp4 with a path to a video file)

Then post the resulting log file output?

On both of those systems with issues:

Could you try downloading the mpv build from https://sourceforge.net/projects/mpv...69.7z/download
    First off, just plain-old double-clicking on the "mpv.exe" file and then dragging-and-dropping an h.264 MP4 video file into the mpv program window resulting in the video playing back without issue on both the AMD and Intel PC(s).

But when I tried to run mpv from the command line via your command line arguments, I got the following on both the AMD and Intel PC(s):