Page 42 of 70 FirstFirst ... 323740414243444752 ... LastLast

Thread: Fate/Stay Night [Realta Nua] - Ultimate Edition - 2022

When the flowchart is enabled, the flag change pop-up message is displayed without text. Normally shown only in Japanese.
    Screnshot

Quote Originally Posted by Dimoks View Post
    When the flowchart is enabled, the flag change pop-up message is displayed without text. Normally shown only in Japanese.
    Thank you for reporting this bug. It will be fixed in the next update (v1.1.3).

It's me again. Looking for opinions again. I got 3 layouts for the combined flowchart
    (please don't mind the presentation, with unfinished lines and background colors too much, but comment on what you think of the banners and the days):

1) HF, Fate, UBW Order: ****************************open?id=13-...0Rj81JQsAOuXLr
    The same order as the one on the old flowchart
    Pros: Clean layout. The common route goes nicely down the middle and the UBW route splits to the side. I can see why it was chosen in the old flowchart.
    Cons: Weird having the 3rd route be on the left.

2) Fate, UBW, HF, Side version: ****************************open?id=12y...TQ9dGBto3je_g5
    Story order, common route to the side
    Pros: The same order as the stories unlock!
    Cons: The common route being to the side is a bit weirder then in the middle. Arrow pointing at the HF route has a long way to go.

3) Fate, UBW, HF, Middle version: ****************************open?id=12x...m&usp=drive_fs
    Same as above, but with most of the common route centered.
    Pros: Common route starts in the middle. Same order as the stories unlock.
    Cons: The common route being shoved to the side at the end because UBW is hogging the place is really awkward IMHO. Arrow pointing at the HF route has a long way to go.

Now personally I find the second option to be the best. I think the pros outweight the cons. But tell me what you think.

Quote Originally Posted by Poki#3 View Post
    It's me again. Looking for opinions again. I got 3 layouts for the combined flowchart
    (please don't mind the presentation, with unfinished lines and background colors too much, but comment on what you think of the banners and the days)

Now personally I find the second option to be the best. I think the pros outweight the cons. But tell me what you think.
    Woah, you're putting a lot of thought and work into this. Personally, I think the 1st version is best for these reasons:
    - Cleaner flow. It's a *flow*chart, so clarity of flow is the most important criteria of all.
    - Most people will already be familiar with that exact same placement through decades of using the old one.
    - Left to right ordering as a way to conceptualize stuff is culture-dependent, so no reason to put much weight to it by itself...
    Last edited by Bohemian Waxwing; October 23rd, 2022 at 04:25 PM.

- "The chart must flow."

I'm done. Whabam: ****************************drive/folde...dyqzkx9oIBWoGK

Includes a combined chart and separate charts. PDF's and PNG's.
    Unfortunately, the PDFs don't have a "baked in" project file like they used to, cause I can't do that and set their size to 70% for some reason, so I included the project files in a separate folder, along with a readme with some maintaining instructions and credits. There's also a folder with Common and Fate charts for the retranslation project. I'll make sure to keep these updated as time goes on.

I hope there's no more errors that need to be changed, but we'll see ^^;

I'm done.
    Gratulations and thank you very much. ^^

Btw, I'm sure you tried this, but what were your thoughts on a shrunk purple and red area with a wider yellow area:

Spoiler:

Last edited by Bohemian Waxwing; October 28th, 2022 at 05:33 AM.

Hey is there a version of this for android? according vndb there is one. But I don't know where the download link is

The last choice in the Common route was in the wrong order, so I swapped it around. Common and Flowchart updated.
    ...not sure how best to inform people of updated to those, but they shouldn't get too many changes...

Quote Originally Posted by 6Kyojin4#5623 View Post
    Hey is there a version of this for android? according vndb there is one. But I don't know where the download link is
    No one here will provide you with a link to download the game because of the no-piracy policy.
    Follow a tutorial for it, there are many. Also the same Ultimate Edition version works for Windows and Android if you use the patches in the first post

The last choice in the Common route was in the wrong order, so I swapped it around. Common and Flowchart updated.
    ...not sure how best to inform people of updated to those, but they shouldn't get too many changes...
    Well, you could introduce versions, I guess. But probably it will still take some time until we are at a point where most or all of the remaining issues are ironed out, so it's best to not consider (and announce) the current state the final version yet.

Also, please have look at my question in #826.

Another thing to note is that since the colon is now _the_ dedicated separator between the date/location and name part, there is no need for putting the name part additionally into quotes. They do make it look more cluttered and noisy than it needs to be. I looked into ways of easily getting rid of the quotes, then noticed that draw.io doesn't seem to allow for easily search&replacing the quotes with nothing, so it would be either an annoyingly manual task or we figure out a working regex...
    Last edited by Bohemian Waxwing; October 28th, 2022 at 11:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bohemian Waxwing View Post
    Also, please have look at my question in #826..
    Sorry I missed it. I didn't like UBW sticking out like that so I pulled everything up and liked the look.

Another thing to note is that since the colon is now _the_ dedicated separator between the date/location and name part, there is no need for putting the name part additionally into quotes. They do make it look more cluttered and noisy than it needs to be. I looked into ways of easily getting rid of the quotes, then noticed that draw.io doesn't seem to allow for easily search&replacing the quotes with nothing, so it would be either an annoyingly manual task or we figure out a working regex...
    Eh, I mean I'm used to manual work with this thing already. The find and replace thing in that program seems pretty broken. I guess the best solution would be to use a pdf to take the text out with a simple Ctrl + A, Ctrl + C, remove the quotes in notepad++ and and then just start a mass copy paste campaign. Still a bit of work, but less so then playing around with every bubble.

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    TIL that, apparently, the JP text feature is slightly borked.

It doesn't display the mixed script or the 2004 script, only the Realta Nua one.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

Quote Originally Posted by ItsaRandomUsername View Post
    TIL that, apparently, the JP text feature is slightly borked.

It doesn't display the mixed script or the 2004 script, only the Realta Nua one.
    Nothing borked there. The switches have never been implemented for the japanese scripts.

I didn't like UBW sticking out like that so I pulled everything up and liked the look.
    Fair enough.

I guess the best solution would be to use a pdf to take the text out with a simple Ctrl + A, Ctrl + C, remove the quotes in notepad++ and and then just start a mass copy paste campaign. Still a bit of work, but less so then playing around with every bubble.
    If you say so. I'd probably worry too much about me causing copypaste screwups to use this method. ^^;

Another question, though: the old flowchart listed the Last Episode chapter at the very bottom. Did you leave that one out on purpose?
    Spoiler:

Another question, though: the old flowchart listed the Last Episode chapter at the very bottom. Did you leave that one out on purpose?
    Kind of. I also left out the prologue. I can add those back pretty easily, but I thought I'd leave the flowchart limited to everything that starts and connects to starting a new game from the menu.
    PS: You have a new PM.

The vita version won't let me load saved after the prologue?

Quote Originally Posted by Baxoik View Post
    The vita version won't let me load saved after the prologue?
    You can load saves after the prologue.

Maybe my save was corrupted or something

- - - Updated - - -

Could someone give me a save after the prologue (vita) because mine doesn't work and I don't want to go through the whole prologue again

Quote Originally Posted by Baxoik View Post
    Maybe my save was corrupted or something

- - - Updated - - -

Could someone give me a save after the prologue (vita) because mine doesn't work and I don't want to go through the whole prologue again
    You can find save after prologue here: ****************************file/d/1i5C...PIC/view?pli=1

When I try to load it, it crashes and and I get error C2-12828-1