Page 50 of 70 FirstFirst ... 404548495051525560 ... LastLast
Results 981 to 1,000 of 1392

Thread: Fate/Stay Night [Realta Nua] - Ultimate Edition - 2022

"Black screen" is not very debuggable. It can result from too many different things.
    Last edited by Alyinghood; March 5th, 2023 at 03:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by NM64 View Post
    So, yeah - is "Link (short ver.)" used anywhere in the actual VN story, or not? If not, then where did it even come from? ...er, I don't mean where the actual file came from since I think it actually came from me - I just mean like, was it ever used in anything, like the PS2 version or something, or was it exclusive to the official music CD?
    It's called only from the "*normal" and "*normalstrings" labels of "staffroll.ks" and "newstaffroll.ks", but since these seem to not be called by anything, bgm70, Link (short ver.), looks unused.

Understood, but I'm still kind of questioning if there really are issues when using "match desktop" with something like a 3:2 ratio - from a quick test using the very beginning of the prologue (before it switches to Rin) and the trial "demo", I saw no difference in graphical issues between "match desktop (3:2)" and "wide (16:9)".
    It depends. Rule effects always keep their pixel size, so if you use an unorthodox ratio, they will be tiled to fill the screen. Depending on the specific effects, you might see seams where one tile of the effect ends and another one starts.

On the subject of the trial "demo", after finding out that the PS2 version actually has a sort of "attract mode" where, after sitting on the title screen for 1 minute, it plays an OP video, I had the thought that maybe we could implement something similar, except it could play the trial "demo" instead? Thoughts on the idea?

(if implemented, the only modifications would be having it ignoring the "disable forced auto-read" setting and always being auto-read for obvious reasons, and that clicking and/or pressing any button or key would return you to the title screen, and lastly it'd probably make the most sense if it faded out and went back to the title screen right when the music ends just before it shows the system requirements and pre-order bonus information that are inapplicable anyway and should only be retained when manually viewed by select "demo" when the title screen is set to 'trial' accordingly.)
    Me personally, I really dislike it when programs suddenly do things I didn't ask them to do. As long as there's a menu switch, and it's off by default, I wouldn't mind, though.

Resident straight-male kuutsundere NM64's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alyinghood View Post
    "Black screen" is not very debuggable. It can result from too many different things.
    Which is why I plan on testing it in an extremely repeatable situation - a live ISO of Linux Mint 21.1 that's had nothing done to it except have WINE installed (and from there compare WINE 8.0 vs 8.3).

This is key because I just found out that the same issue occurs even on Intel Sandy Bridge integrated graphics, implying to me some sort of software issue (that being said, I do have a slew of both newer and older AMD GPUs that I can test with just to be absolutely sure, and I can test in VirtualBox as well).

Oh and, when I tested on the Sandy Bridge system, I also confirmed that sound is playing and the controls work and stuff whereby you can interact with the VN and it seems to be running like normal - it's just that the contents of the program window are completely black (though the usual "File" "Patch" etc menu stuff is still visible as are the minimize/maximize/close buttons).

Quote Originally Posted by Bohemian Waxwing View Post
    Me personally, I really dislike it when programs suddenly do things I didn't ask them to do.
    I figured that you would have to not touch anything for an entire minute (including even just moving the mouse cursor, let alone selecting anything) before it starts any such "attract mode".
    HELP WANTED - Contact me if you know the original source of this song:

Did more testing. On steamdeck v1.1.1 video works with proton (nothing special, just proton running fate.exe; can test wine next weekend). v1.1.2 and v1.1.3 just have blue screen with audio. The fate.exe is the same for v1.1.1 and v1.1.2, so something to do with the xp3 files?

New issue, restored save point from last episode epilogue, v1.1.3 just skipped past all of it and back to menu. v1.1.2 worked as expected and started up from save point.

- - - Updated - - -

I finished all 5 FSN endings after ~240 hours of play over 6 months of on/off play. 3rd VN for me (just got started on VNs about a year back). I am truly thankful for the team here that has preserved this masterpiece. Thank you. Playing on the steamdeck was also a plus (no keyboard to distract or bulk).

Quote Originally Posted by vnrando View Post
    v1.1.2 and v1.1.3 just have blue screen with audio.
    Could you humor me and try the patch_op.xp3 file inside of the following 7z archive that does nothing but replace all of the OPs with this 8bit h.264 MP4 video of the first 3 seconds of the Vita UBW OP? Make sure you back up your original "patch_op.xp3" file (you can just rename:it to something like "patch_op.xp3_BAK"):

Interestingly, the "blue screen during video playback" is the exact issue I had on Windows 7 with AMD GPUs from specifically the HD5000 and HD6000 series when using the newest official non-beta graphics drivers - using the newer beta graphics drivers fixed it, and the issue didn't happen on the older HD4000 series and HD3000 series nor on the newer HD7000 series and R# 200 series.

Requesting three quick sanity checks:

1. If using "patch_lang_english-retrans.xp3" aka Language▶"English ReTrans (2nd beta)" when you have no pre-existing save data nor a pre-existing config.ksg file, the default font is "Official Fate Font"?

2. When using Language▶"English ReTrans (2nd beta)" and Patch▶Music Content when set to "Mixed", it doesn't play "Ever-present Feeling" during the prologue when Rin finds Shirou's dying body?

3. "THIS ILLUSION (short ver.)" is not listed in the Extra▶Music menu, only the full 'Fate ver.'?

Anyway, just a heads up, I did figure out a way to make "Link (Reproduction Mix)" be a good length for the credits; the trick was that, while it still ends up longer than the non-reproduction mix, when used in the actual VN, it still matches the credits well enough (in fact, musically, my slightly-shorter version arguably matches the ending of the credits better than the non-reproduction mix)

So no fancy-pants changing of the credits speed will be required after all.

(also I have not yet done the more in-depth testing with what is causing my own "black program window" issue on Linux Mint 21.1 + WINE 8.0; I'm waiting for my improvised test bench to finish running my recently-purchased 4x8GB of DDR3 RAM through 24+ hours of memtest86)

Quote Originally Posted by Quibi View Post
    Fate/Stay Night [Realta Nua] - Ultimate Edition v1.0+

Don't bother with "patch_hd_3200.xp3" - we added it for completeness' sake, but it will not run smoothly on any system and the image quality is arguably not higher than with the smaller patches.

I can confirm, with the 64 bit exe, it now runs smoothly (at least on my pc). I've made a video of it, as proof:

You can see at the end, that I was playing on the x4.0 quality in 16:9, and yet, it runs smoothly, and didn't crash. Although, I found a weird bug. As you can see, there should be black bars on the top and bottom of the screen here:

But in the new version, they are missing:

Other than that, I love the new update!

Quote Originally Posted by Karmondia View Post
    I can confirm, with the 64 bit exe, it now runs smoothly (at least on my pc).
    Very good.

Although, I found a weird bug. As you can see, there should be black bars on the top and bottom of the screen here. But in the new version, they are missing.
    Ah yes. There's a bunch of cinescope instances that are affected. I'll fix those.

- - - Updated - - -

1. If using "patch_lang_english-retrans.xp3" aka Language▶"English ReTrans (2nd beta)" when you have no pre-existing save data nor a pre-existing config.ksg file, the default font is "Official Fate Font"?
    FBates is using a different default font, yes.

2. When using Language▶"English ReTrans (2nd beta)" and Patch▶Music Content when set to "Mixed", it doesn't play "Ever-present Feeling" during the prologue when Rin finds Shirou's dying body?
    The retranslation does not have the extended flags. It's a pure Réalta Nua affair. So no "Textual Content", "Music Content" or "Censorship" changes will take effect.

3. "THIS ILLUSION (short ver.)" is not listed in the Extra▶Music menu, only the full 'Fate ver.'?
    Yes.

I can confirm, with the 64 bit exe, it now runs smoothly (at least on my pc).
    Do you know what sort of frame rate you get if you set the 'Max Framerate' setting to "No limit"? One particularly good performance test is if you set Language▶Title Menu Style▶Trial and then run the "DEMO"

Also, I don't suppose you know what your PC's hardware specs are, particularly with regards to OS, CPU, GPU, and RAM?

————————————————————————————————

The retranslation does not have the extended flags. It's a pure Réalta Nua affair. So no "Textual Content", "Music Content" or "Censorship" changes will take effect.
    Perhaps the inapplicable "Textual Content", "Music Content", and "Censorship" settings should be greyed out then when using the retranslation? It should still remember the setting used however when using a different language setting like it currently does.

Yes.
    Is this intentional? We have the "short ver." for the PS2 OPs but not for the Classic and Vita OPs...
    Last edited by NM64; March 6th, 2023 at 03:07 PM.

Do you know what sort of frame rate you get if you set the 'Max Framerate' setting to "No limit"? One particularly good performance test is if you set Language▶Title Menu Style▶Trial and then run the "DEMO"

Also, I don't suppose you know what your PC's hardware specs are, particularly with regards to OS, CPU, GPU, and RAM?
    If I set my framerate to no limit, it fluctuates between 1-230 fps, depending on what's happening. Also, I switched to trial... the trial menu crashes on x4.0, but only the menu itself. The DEMO plays like a charm on x4.0, without any issue.
    My specs:
    CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti
    RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 2x16GB DDR4 3200MHz

The main issue with x4.0 before, was that the VN ran out of memory. Now, with the 64 bit exe, it works for me, so once again, thank you for this!
    Last edited by Karmondia; March 7th, 2023 at 02:49 AM.

I think I remember what the deal is regarding the "short ver." of the OP songs in Extra▶Music - the PS2 OPs have the sound effects included in the actual videos, so it makes sense to include the short versions without the sound effects. But the other OPs have no sound effects and therefore the "short ver." songs are basically already included by virtue of the OPs themselves which, if I recall correctly, is also how even the 2004 VN worked in that it only listed the "Fate ver." and not the "short ver."

That being said, are we by chance able to play audio from non-OGG containers, whether vorbis or a different codec (e.g. Opus, AAC, etc)? Or is the OGG container a strict requirement for music in the Extra▶Music menu?

Apologies for the double-post, but there is definitely a major problem with running Ultimate Edition (at least v1.1.3, I didn't try an older version) through Wine 8.0 on older-ish GPU hardware with newer Ubuntu versions. Normally such a major problem would warrant posting it to the issue tracker, but this is looking to me to maybe be more like some sort of OS or kernel issue that Ultimate Edition just happens to expose.

Everything was tested using stock unmodified live Linux ISOs that were booted via Ventoy v1.0.88 and subsequently only had Wine v8.0 installed (for testing purposes I also tried updating mesa via kisak or oibaf's PPA at times, but it never changed the result; same goes for trying Wine v8.3 - it made no difference), so this should be extremely reproducable as long as you have the corresponding hardware to test with.

• On Linux Mint 20.3, a Radeon HD4000 and newer all "just worked"(I could also test HD3000 if needed but, at this time, it would be a bit inconvenient to do so)

• On Linux Mint 21.1, Radeon HD5000 and older resulted in a black program window, while Radeon HD6000 and newer "just worked"

A bigger problem however is Intel graphics - my own Haswell integrated graphics also succumbs to this issue which is a problem because it was basically the last DDR3 Intel CPU readily and widely available since it's in-socket successor with substantially improved GPU driver support on Linux, Broadwell, was practically non-existent on the desktop to the point that there are new 6 core Zen2 Ryzen CPUs going for cheaper than what used LGA1150 Broadwell CPUs go for, regardless of i5, i7, or Xeon) and, annoyingly, Skylake Xeon CPUs are the first to require a workstation chipset, so there goes that used market budget upgrade option...

• Once again, on Linux Mint 20.3, my Haswell integrated graphics "just worked"

• But on not only Linux Mint 21.1 but also Xubuntu 22.04 and Xubuntu 22.10, my Haswell integrated graphics gave a black program window

And, to be clear, this is what I mean by a black program window - as I previously mentioned, there is sound like normal and I can blindly interact with the VN (particularly with the keyboard), but the program window always remains black no matter what:

Added status_noble_phantasm_text.dic to the corrected japanese text.
    ss_エクスカリバー詳細_1 and ダークカリバー詳細_1 have the same text, differently divided into lines. They have different fonts on the images.
    In the original game, the ダークカリバー詳細_1 page was not displayed at all because it is a duplicate.
    By the way, you have not changed the font of details, skills and phantasms to DF(G)MinchoP.
    Last edited by Dimoks; March 8th, 2023 at 05:16 PM.

Dimoks, I send you a private message not long ago; please check your inbox.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimoks View Post
    Added status_noble_phantasm_text.dic to the corrected japanese text.
    I'll integrate your corrections.

ss_エクスカリバー詳細_1 and ダークカリバー詳細_1 have the same text, differently divided into lines. They have different fonts on the images.
    In the original game, the ダークカリバー詳細_1 page was not displayed at all because it is a duplicate.
    Ok, good to know.

By the way, you have not changed the font of details, skills and phantasms to DF(G)MinchoP.
    Not going to, yet. It will require redoing the manual line breaks, to make sure the lines fit, so it's quite far down on the list of things to do.
    Last edited by Bohemian Waxwing; March 8th, 2023 at 11:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alyinghood View Post
    You can find it here: https://alyinghood.github.io/fsnrnue-multiplatform/

Text hooking is currently broken. This will be fixed in a future update.

Any update on fixing the hooking? Alternatively just copying each line as it plays to clipboard would be fine too.

I don't really want to have to use the old version as there's been a lot of good work done since it was hookable

Quote Originally Posted by KanjiEater View Post
    Any update on fixing the hooking? Alternatively just copying each line as it plays to clipboard would be fine too.

I don't really want to have to use the old version as there's been a lot of good work done since it was hookable
    Yes. Update the patch to v1.1.3, then enable the following menu option: "Patch->UI Options->Copy last text to clipboard"

Hey guys. So I am trying to run the witch on the holy night PC version on the psvita throught the KrKrSDL2 project. But now even I got most of the game's basic files running successfully, it still crash by the psv error C2-12828-1. Then I found the starup.tjs in patch.xp3 for this project has some code for the witch on the holy night(wohn), but the starup.tjs was mixed. So I was wondering if I could refer to the code in this startup.tjs to write the code suitable for wohn to run on the psv?

Also if it is possible, can I get a original normal starup.tjs code in patch.xp3 from you guys only for refer? I would really appreciate it.
    (By the way, I also making a chinese patch for this project. And I really like this project for fsn. Thank for you guys. )

Quote Originally Posted by hzl-none View Post
    Hey guys. So I am trying to run the witch on the holy night PC version on the psvita throught the KrKrSDL2 project. But now even I got most of the game's basic files running successfully, it still crash by the psv error C2-12828-1. Then I found the starup.tjs in patch.xp3 for this project has some code for the witch on the holy night(wohn), but the starup.tjs was mixed. So I was wondering if I could refer to the code in this startup.tjs to write the code suitable for wohn to run on the psv?

Also if it is possible, can I get a original normal starup.tjs code in patch.xp3 from you guys only for refer? I would really appreciate it.
    (By the way, I also making a chinese patch for this project. And I really like this project for fsn. Thank for you guys. )
    The error usually results due to out of memory. So in that case, it probably won't work.
    The reason there exists WOHN code in the project is because the majority of the patch codebase is shared with Hollow Moon's WoH language patch project.

startup.tjs can be split simply by string manipulation.

Oh, I see. So is there any possible that I can change some wohn(PC version) code or compress some tlg to help reduce this memory error? Or it just impossible to run the original wohn on the psv for now due to the memory problem?

Quote Originally Posted by hzl-none View Post
    Oh, I see. So is there any possible that I can change some wohn(PC version) code or compress some tlg to help reduce this memory error? Or it just impossible to run the original wohn on the psv for now due to the memory problem?
    Additional compression will not help, due to the fact that the uncompressed bitmap still needs to remain in memory.
    So it is impossible to run for now due to the memory issue.