Page 5 of 70 FirstFirst ... 34567101555 ... LastLast

Thread: Fate/Stay Night [Realta Nua] - Ultimate Edition - 2022

屍鬼 Ghoul
    Quote Originally Posted by NM64 View Post
    So does that mean that the working patches that you have right now don't match the CRC values?
    I just realized my mistake: I've been looking at the CRC values of the files made by the installer, not the CRC values of the patch files. Thus my confusion.

屍鬼 Ghoul
    Can someone help me because when I tried to install the Ultimate Edition the installation process is stuck at 16% what should I do?

Quote Originally Posted by TrainerRad164 View Post
    Can someone help me because when I tried to install the Ultimate Edition the installation process is stuck at 16% what should I do?
    Follow the instructions in the section "How to do a NEW INSTALL (only needed if you don't have an older installation already!):" in the OP

屍鬼 Ghoul
    Quote Originally Posted by Alyinghood View Post
    Follow the instructions in the section "How to do a NEW INSTALL (only needed if you don't have an older installation already!):" in the OP
    I did as what the instruction tolded and it went up to 70% it stopped there and it's not moving.

I did as what the instruction tolded and it went up to 70% it stopped there and it's not moving.
    Only use the installer from ******************folder/DMsXCIoD#ubkrOC40vxEJDAslcnScow

Quote Originally Posted by NCN View Post
    I just realized my mistake: I've been looking at the CRC values of the files made by the installer, not the CRC values of the patch files. Thus my confusion.

Do you have any recommendations on how we could change the wording in the first post so misunderstandings of this type become less likely?

屍鬼 Ghoul
    it's still the same.

it's still the same.
    Looks like you are having an issue with the installer.

In that case, put the following in Google (quotes included): "Fate/stay night [Réalta Nua] Ultimate Edition - All Patches (1.0.0 beta)"

屍鬼 Ghoul
    Looks like you are having an issue with the installer.

In that case, put the following in Google (quotes included): "Fate/stay night [Réalta Nua] Ultimate Edition - All Patches (1.0.0 beta)"
    Thanks! it's working now!

Resident straight-male kuutsundere NM64's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bohemian Waxwing View Post
    Do you have any recommendations on how we could change the wording in the first post so misunderstandings of this type become less likely?
    The obvious solution is for the installer to actually create the newest up-to-date patches in the first place. </snark>
    HELP WANTED - Contact me if you know the original source of this song:

Quote Originally Posted by NM64 View Post
    The obvious solution is for the installer to actually create the newest up-to-date patches in the first place. </snark>
    Actually, the latest test version of the installer seems to be moving away from downloading patches by itself, for now, for various technical reasons. (By comparison, downloading the patches in a web browser is alltogether more reliable and gives better UI feedback on what's happening and why.)

So this is how the installer can be used: The user can either download the patches from the Mega folder beforehand and place them next to the installer in a "patches" subfolder. The installer will in this case copy them to the game folder during setup. Or, the user can complete the setup first, then download the patches later and copy them to the game folder manually. This is the same procedure as manually updating the game. The next version of the setup program will make these points much more clear during install.

But the question remains - is there anything we could word differently in the top post to decrease the likelyhood of people assuming that after the install, the latest patches would already just be there?

For example, in the section about "How to do a NEW INSTALL", maybe we should change

6. After that, proceed just as if you were updating, as explained below.
    to

6. You will NOT have a working game, yet, at this point! You need to proceed with the update procedure, as explained below.
    Think that would help?

Quote Originally Posted by Bohemian Waxwing View Post
    Think that would help?
    I would say that your suggested improvement to the wording is better, but of course we don't really know for sure if that would have helped with NCN's issue or not.

Hello hello. So i installed the game and for some reason it doesn't want to start up, even if i run it as an administrator. What do i need to do to make it work?

Quote Originally Posted by Seak42 View Post
    Hello hello. So i installed the game and for some reason it doesn't want to start up, even if i run it as an administrator. What do i need to do to make it work?
    Please update the patches first (see under section "How to UPDATE from an older version of Ultimate Edition:" of OP) then try running the game again

屍鬼 Ghoul

uhh soo is this normal? when I set the text window to the mobile version the text is outside the window when I reach this section.

uhh soo is this normal? when I set the text window to the mobile version the text is outside the window when I reach this section.
    No, it's a known glitch and a fix will be in the next major update. Please use the normal message window style for now.
    Last edited by Bohemian Waxwing; January 5th, 2022 at 01:03 PM.

Hello, It's me again. So i installed the patches and the game still doesn't want to run. An error message pops up that says: "can't open savechek.ksc". Can i fix this or do i have to reinstall the game entirely?

The error message i got:
    Last edited by Seak42; January 5th, 2022 at 04:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Seak42 View Post
    Hello, It's me again. So i installed the patches and the game still doesn't want to run. An error message pops up that says: "can't open savechek.ksc". Can i fix this or do i have to reinstall the game entirely?
    The game doesn't have write access to your save data folder. You installed the game to "C:\Program Files (x86)" and supposedly also accidentally told it at install time to use the game folder for save data storage. Please check this post for ways how to get yourself out of this predicament.
    Last edited by Bohemian Waxwing; January 5th, 2022 at 05:24 PM.

Thank you very much for your help last week! I got it working great on my desktop PC.

I just started another installation on my laptop today and whenever I run the Ultimate Edition Setup .exe file it gets stuck at "Adding registry files" and cannot complete the install. Any ideas as to what might be causing this issue? I've tried running the .exe as an administrator as well but that had no effect. Maybe I just need to be patient? but I gave it at least ten minutes earlier and it wouldn't seem to budge. Any help is much appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by Wiish View Post
    Any help is much appreciated!
    While I'm not one of the users that can really help you with this, I do just want to ask if you by chance installed it as a portable installation on your desktop PC?

I only ask because, if you did, then you should be able to simply copy and paste it over to your laptop and have it "just work" without any need to reinstall or redownload anything.