Page 39 of 70 FirstFirst ... 293437383940414449 ... LastLast

Thread: Fate/Stay Night [Realta Nua] - Ultimate Edition - 2022

Quote Originally Posted by NM64 View Post
    Wait, I thought ratios between 4:3 and 16:9, such as 16:10 or 3:2, were fine? (which we've established are becoming increasingly common)
    I thought the issues only applied to ratios taller than 4:3 or wider than 16:9 - am I wrong?
    Indeed, only the 4:3 and 16:9 ratios have their own transition rule images, so only these will display perfectly. All other aspect ratios will have more or less pronounced glitches in transitions. Other effects seems to hold up reasonably well up to 21:9.
    My recommendation is to play in 4:3, the ratio the game was made for, or if you are of a younger generation that can not mentally process 4:3 ratios, to use 16:9, if you absolutely must.
    Last edited by Bohemian Waxwing; October 6th, 2022 at 06:23 PM.

There is a slight error in both flowcharts...

Fate, the 11th day “DragonSlay”:

Einzbern Castle/Small resistance → Saber + 1

Einzbern Castle/Means of escape → Rin + 1

In セイバールート十一日目.fcf
    3;SCENE'3'-343'-98'-178'-42'-125'16777215'0'0'十一日目・アインツベルン城/小さな抵抗'1'0:1:17:6'1:セイバー好感度//1//1
    4;SCENE'4'-81'-71'81'-17'-126'16777215'0'0'十一日目・アインツベルン城/活路を見出す'1'0:1:17:5'1:凛好感度//1//1

Flag check:

flag//comparison//value

Comparisons:
    0: flag == value; // equal?
    1: flag != value; // not equal?
    2: flag < value; // less?
    3: flag > value; // greater?
    4: flag <= value; // not greater?
    5: flag >= value; // not less?

Quote Originally Posted by Dimoks View Post
    There is a slight error in both flowcharts...

Fate, the 11th day “DragonSlay”:

Einzbern Castle/Small resistance → Saber + 1

Einzbern Castle/Means of escape → Rin + 1
    Fixed that.

Quote Originally Posted by Bohemian Waxwing View Post
    Your charts look very nice already. It's a little harder to distinguish between a scene's location/time and title. The old chart put "1st Day:" , "2nd Day:", etc. in front and always used only one line for the setting location/time and one for the title, making it somewhat easier to predict where one thing ended and the next began. Reading things like "Dinner Love`s magical ranger force" in one go can be kind of... distracting. It would be really helpful to add a visual difference between those two elements. Different text colors, or using "- Dinner -" or "[Dinner]" or some other way of making clear that the lines are not connected.
    I chose to remove the days from the bubbles, because I found it unnecesary. It added a lot of text and would make a lot of bubbles bigger then they need to be.
    As for time and location information I welcome feedback because to be quite honest, there's very little consistency in-game when it comes to scene names. Did anyone check those recently?

The gray background for the speech bubbles you used in the common route chart works quite well. You might want to keep that for the other ones.
    Speech bubbles are all the same color. I think it's an illusion caused by the brighter background :P

It seems to deviate in places from the scene flow in the current chart. For example, in common route day 2, the scene "Everyday (II)" is connected quite differently. It also sometimes uses different flag names and leaves out some flags alltogether. This representation might be logically equivalent, or it might not be; I'm not very knowledgable on the game flags. But it might be advisable to document for each change why you think it is the right thing to do.
    The connection to "Everyday (II)" and back out is something I changed just from playing the game since I did not notice the scene changing to that on the HF path, but going straight to the decision. Sheesh, I might have been blind. Also fixed.
    I skipped the Bruise flag because it's intrinsicly linked to the HF path, so I figured I'd leave it out. (did make an error with the number now that you pointed it out though, will fix as soon as I get the logo in).
    I did change some other flag names. The reasoning is that this will be used by players, so keeping hidden flag names the same as they are in the code is not necessary. I'll be honest and say that I had half a mind to remove a lot of the character +1's altogether since there are multiple increases that do not have any check further down the line, like +1's for Rin in the Fate route. However the game having a relationship menu made me keep them cause players might be confused why some increase if they go and check it. (even though I think the relationship menu is pretty badly formated with the bars)
    (Edit: Oh, and the order of speach bubbles is different because I ordered mine left to right in the same order as the game has them up to down. The original shuffled them around a few times to not have arrows overlap as much.)

That one you'd have to stitch together from the components, though without the route banner, it would leave a large empty section in the middle that would look quite weird. Maybe the PS2 logo is closer to what you have in mind, though it would need some editing, I guess:
    I thought there was a version without the banner that shows up for a second before the banner appears on top. But yeah, that logo will do. Thanks!
    Last edited by Poki#3; October 6th, 2022 at 06:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Poki#3 View Post
    Fixed that.
    I chose to remove the days from the bubbles, because I found it unnecesary. It added a lot of text and would make a lot of bubbles bigger then they need to be.
    I figured, and it's probably for the better. But it did give the old chart some visual difference between first (place/time) and second (title) line.

As for time and location information I welcome feedback because to be quite honest, there's very little consistency in-game when it comes to scene names. Did anyone check those recently?
    Nope. You can try comparing with the "Translation.po" file, if you really want.

Speech bubbles are all the same color. I think it's an illusion caused by the brighter background :P
    It might be the same RGB value, but what you should probably be going for is the same visual difference to the surroundings. It makes it easier to pick out and home in on choices.

The connection to "Everyday (II)" and back out is something I changed just from playing the game since I did not notice the scene changing to that on the HF path, but going straight to the decision.
    I skipped the Bruise flag because it's intrinsicly linked to the HF path, so I figured I'd leave it out. (did make an error with the number now that you pointed it out though, will fix as soon as I get the logo in).
    I did change some other flag names. The reasoning is that this will be used by players, so keeping hidden flag names the same as they are in the code is not necessary. I'll be honest and say that I had half a mind to remove a lot of the character +1's altogether since there are multiple increases that do not have any check further down the line, like +1's for Rin in the Fate route. However the game having a relationship menu made me keep them cause players might be confused why some increase if they go and check it.
    Quibi mentioned the best way to redo the flowcharts would be to parse the .fcf (game internal flowchart) files. They are notoriously hard to read for humans, but the game also builds its in-game flowchart from them, so that one could be used as reference, I guess.

If someone feels adventurous to write a parser that outputs a nicely formated flowchart, that would be a nice little project.

(even though I think the relationship menu is pretty badly formated with the bars)
    Agreed. If somebody feels creative to redo the thing with digits instead while still looking nice, I'd be all for it.

(Edit: Oh, and the order of speech bubbles is different because I ordered mine left to right in the same order as the game has them up to down. The original shuffled them around a few times to not have arrows overlap as much.)
    Yes, I think your reordering is for the better.

I thought there was a version without the banner that shows up for a second before the banner appears on top. But yeah, that logo will do. Thanks!
    Yes, it constructs the logo from separate elements. But as mentioned, without the banner, the other elements just by themselves look like something's still missing in the middle...
    Last edited by Bohemian Waxwing; October 6th, 2022 at 07:07 PM.

Resident straight-male kuutsundere NM64's Avatar
    if you are of a younger generation that can not mentally process 4:3 ratios, to use 16:9, if you absolutely must.
    I find that comment interesting since I would think that the younger generation would be less "allergic" to taller aspect ratios due to such things being commonplace on phones and tablets (see also: vertical videos).

Also, that whole comment ir really funny in the context that I'm probably the only person here that still uses a CRT monitor (I'm typing from it right now!), and not in a "retro/hipster" sort of manner but rather a "I just kept using them since the early 2000s and never really switched to LCD" and even started storing them in the late 2000s/early 2010s when I realized that screen tech with good static contrast levels were a bit farther away after SED didn't make it off the ground and most development in OLED got dropped in favor for 3D LCDs (and the ironic part is that OLED actually makes a far superior 3D display).

Nowadays the main limiting factor is just that I'd need a whole PC revamp to take good advantage of any 120Hz OLED displays due to being high enough resolution that I'd need a GPU and/or motherboard with an output that can actually output that kind of bandwidth while still also having Vulkan support (I have a whopping one GPU with DisplayPort 1.2 and Vulkan support and, at this time, it's earmarked for my HTPC instead of my main desktop).

And I'm not counting that previously-mentioned Ryzen 4800U OneXPlayer "gaming tablet" that I was using as an improvised SFF PC since it is a sub-optimal docked solution at this time until I have it serviced under warranty due to it failing to properly boot when connected to its charger with the battery removed despite it being able to boot without issue with the battery disconnected back in March/April without issue.

Fun fact: some time around 5 to 7 years ago, around the time when people were making fun of me about taller-than-16:9 ratios, they were also making fun of me about still using a CRT monitor.
    HELP WANTED - Contact me if you know the original source of this song:

It's a little harder to distinguish between a scene's location/time and title. The old chart put "1st Day:" , "2nd Day:", etc. in front and always used only one line for the setting location/time and one for the title, making it somewhat easier to predict where one thing ended and the next began.
    Looking at the in-game flowchart for how it solved this, it uses a dash to separate the time/location info from the actual scene title:
    1st Day: After school - Flower on a high peak
    1st Day: Returning home at night - A white girl
    1st Day: Recollection of ten years ago-Morning - Rebirth
    This works quite well. Maybe go with this?
    After school - Flower on a high peak
    Returning home at night - A white girl
    Recollection of ten years ago-Morning - Rebirth

Hi, I'm getting a lot of crashes on android using Kirikiroid2. It was crashing whenever a movie started playing, so I enabled the "skip movies" option which fixed it. Now it crashes at a very specific part, the error is `Tag/macro "waitscroll" does not exist`. Here is the crash log: https://pastebin.com/8JPUWdtq

I don't have the three icon (.ico) files because they would cause crashes on startup with the error "System.setApplicationIcon(System.exePath + "icon_" + iconRoute + ".ico");", here is the crash log for the icon crash: https://pastebin.com/Kv9mN3Fp

Here is a video of the crash along with a screenshot of my game folder (in the video): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Amrek0GBT_o

I'm on Kirikiri 2.32.2.426 and Ultimate Patch v1.1.1, running on a galaxy s10e with android 12.

If you need more information don't hesitate to ask me, I've been trying to fix these crashes for a while now and I would really appreciate it if someone could help me out.

That reminds me - I don't suppose the low quality OPs are available for android users?

The option is there but I don't know if it works or not, I can't really test it because it crashes lol

Quote Originally Posted by BOOP View Post
    The option is there but I don't know if it works or not, I can't really test it because it crashes lol
    It wasn't really a direct comment to you because the low quality OPs weren't actually available until v1.1.2 (not to mention that I have no experience at all with the mobile port).

...which I suppose is the next thing you should do - upgrade to v1.1.2 and see if it ends up resolving all of your issues.

the low quality OPs weren't actually available until v1.1.2
    Are you sure? The setting I'm looking at is called "Movie Quality" and you can set it to "Automatic", "High", and "Low" (<-- what I think you're talking about), but maybe you're talking about a different setting.

not to mention that I have no experience at all with the mobile port
    It uses the same files as the pc version (aside from two extra files) so it should have most of the same settings.

upgrade to v1.1.2 and see if it ends up resolving all of your issues
    Thanks, I wasn't doing that before because of the mega download limit but I have a vpn now so that shouldn't be a problem.

Hi, I'm getting a lot of crashes on android using Kirikiroid2. It was crashing whenever a movie started playing, so I enabled the "skip movies" option which fixed it. Now it crashes at a very specific part, the error is `Tag/macro "waitscroll" does not exist`. Here is the crash log: https://pastebin.com/8JPUWdtq

I don't have the three icon (.ico) files because they would cause crashes on startup with the error "System.setApplicationIcon(System.exePath + "icon_" + iconRoute + ".ico");", here is the crash log for the icon crash: https://pastebin.com/Kv9mN3Fp

Here is a video of the crash along with a screenshot of my game folder (in the video): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Amrek0GBT_o

I'm on Kirikiri 2.32.2.426 and Ultimate Patch v1.1.1, running on a galaxy s10e with android 12.

If you need more information don't hesitate to ask me, I've been trying to fix these crashes for a while now and I would really appreciate it if someone could help me out.
    Updating from 1.1.1 to 1.1.2 fixed icons crashing the game and crashing at that one scene, but it still crashes during movies or while trying to access the "Movies" section under "Extras"

Are you sure? The setting I'm looking at is called "Movie Quality" and you can set it to "Automatic", "High", and "Low" (<-- what I think you're talking about), but maybe you're talking about a different setting.
    The setting existed but there were no actual low quality OP video files included in v1.1.1, therefore the toggle basically did nothing in v1.1.1.

(technically the toggle did work in v1.1.1 but you had to supply your own video files using the same file name but appended with _low in order to use the toggle - this is how I managed to do my performance testing for the actual low-quality OPs that were included in v1.1.2 in order to compare more versions of videos than the VN itself actually has listings for).

I dumped the scene and choice titles from the FCF files in a form that makes it easier to use as reference. This shows the currently used translations as well as the new translation (from the retranslation project) in case it already exists (only the Fate route is complete at this point) and differs from the current one.

****************************file/d/1raaacuSLTR7y9RId2Ef9f7baXJ7rSD5B/view?usp=sharing

[Edit]
    I now finished comparing your charts to the old ones, and found some points that might need addressing:

1. Common
    - Switch after "School Everyday (II)" should be "Heaven's Feel > 1?"
    - Switch after "3rd Day: Last - Distortion (I)" should be "Heaven's Feel > 2?"

2. Fate
    - Switch after "Intermission - Conflict" should be "Saber < 6?"

3. Unlimited Blade Works
    - I don't know if "Intermission - Original and Fake" belongs on Day 14 or 15.

4. Heaven's Feel
    - Day 6 "Park The daughter of winter Illya (I)" is missing an "Illya Talk + 1"
    - Switch on day 6 after "I'll go shopping" could optionally be "Illya Talk > 0?", though "Illya Talk = 1?" isn't wrong, since it implicitly can't be bigger than 1 at this point.
    - Switch on day 7 after "Intermission Re-contract" could optionally be "Illya Talk > 1?", though "Illya Talk = 2?" isn't wrong, since it implicitly can't be bigger than 2 at this point.
    - On day 9, after "Can you trust her? Can you stay on her side?" There might or might not be missing a "Reply Accept" for the "Yes" case.
    - On day 9, after "Night: Church - Geas" the Tiger Dojo 31 should follow, not 30.

I got to say, these are some really nice charts you put together there. They are much cleaner and compact than the old ones. What software are you using to make them?
    Last edited by Bohemian Waxwing; October 8th, 2022 at 08:39 PM.

屍鬼 Ghoul
    So which files should I update to version 1.1.2?

Quote Originally Posted by TrainerRad164 View Post
    So which files should I update to version 1.1.2?
    ...why not all of them? Or rather, why not any of the files that have been updated on 2022-10-05? (if you set MEGA to list view, you can see a date)

屍鬼 Ghoul
    ...why not all of them? Or rather, why not any of the files that have been updated on 2022-10-05? (if you set MEGA to list view, you can see a date)
    Okay thanks!

Super-duper minor request regarding the first post's checksums - can you remove the colons?

Basically, as it stands, the text is in the exact format for copying and pasting directly into a .SFV file except for the colons.

Also, some other checksum software (e.g. GtkHash) are picky about the 4 spaces that get pasted in the front of each item due to the list format, though the software that I use, HashCheck Shell Extension via WINE, has no problem with those 4 spaces, but you're still welcome to remove the list bbcode formatting for the checksums and use a traditional text list, e.g.:

patch_op.xp3 FBBE206F
    patch_vita_ost.xp3 A1F1E69C
    Fate.exe DF688235

(yes I realize that it was originally myself that put together and used the bbcode list format for those checksums)

I dumped the scene and choice titles from the FCF files in a form that makes it easier to use as reference. This shows the currently used translations as well as the new translation (from the retranslation project) in case it already exists (only the Fate route is complete at this point) and differs from the current one.
    Wow, big thanks. Wish I had that when I was making this. I didn't know there's a retranslation project up. Good luck for them. I'll stick with using the current scene titles and choices for now for consistency, but if the project progresses I can make a new one.

So yeah, I was thinking of what alternatives I can do with scene bubbles. The main problem is the game is horribly inconsistent, so instead of finding one solution I have to find like 5... Let me explain my dilemma.

Usually, the scenes are formatted in a "<time or place> - <title>" format. Example: "Breakfast/Morning in the Emiya household"
    A format just like this would be super clean, but of course there are more.

Sometimes the game uses two times and/or places at once. "Return home-Evening/Question for Saber", "School-Matou household/The fourth Master".
    How do I format that? Put both places/times in the same line, each in a separate line, just pick one?

Sometimes the scenes have two part titles! "Morning in the park/Charming white eyes-Illya (III)"
    ...in addition to two locations! Try fitting "Breakfast-Way to school/Waku-waku Fuji-Nee land-Matou brother and sister" in a way that's not a mess, especially if you're trying to limit different size bubbles as much as possible for consistency.

Sometimes these things are seperated with dashes ("Return home-Before dinner/Shirou peeping incident: Prelude"), sometimes with commas ("Return home, before dinner/Fuji-Nee’s three minute ducking"), sometimes with colons ("Return home: Before dinner/Who will tell Sakura?"). It's a real wild west here. I'm not too surprised about that with a project this big and a thing so small as a scene name that your average player will just glimpse at every once in a while in the load screen, but for this project this is obviously problematic.

So here are potential solutions I came up with. With the format I chose, bubbles are ideally 2 or 3 lines tall. 4 lines fits, but the text is almost hugging the edge and I don't think it looks nice.

Solution 1 (the one I used right now): Put a line break.

Solution 2: "ef it" and just leave the text as is, just add spaces.

Solution 3: "Quotes". When skipping read scenes, the titles are in Japanese quotation marks, so we might also do quotes here.

Gotta say, I think it looks nice and I'm leaning this direction.

Solution 4: Colors?
    I tried colors as per one of your suggestions, but I did not find anything that even looked presentable. With the main text being black on white, using shades of grey made the location text look not different at all with dark shades, and not contrast with the white background enough with the lither shades. Using route colors made the text look like there was a hole in the bubble since it was visually melting with the background behind the bubble instead. That basically left me with dark green as an option and the colors of the whole thing were just way off when i did that, so that idea got scrapped.

Solution 5: divider lines
    Divider lines are taking up too much space for my liking, and I think they are actually hurting visibility by pushing the text up and down too.

Solution 6?
    ...I don't think I got any more in me, but if someone has a great idea let me know.

EDIT:
    1. Common
    - Switch after "School Everyday (II)" should be "Heaven's Feel > 1?"
    - Switch after "3rd Day: Last - Distortion (I)" should be "Heaven's Feel > 2?"
    4. Heaven's Feel
    - Switch on day 6 after "I'll go shopping" could optionally be "Illya Talk > 0?", though "Illya Talk = 1?" isn't wrong, since it implicitly can't be bigger than 1 at this point.
    - Switch on day 7 after "Intermission Re-contract" could optionally be "Illya Talk > 1?", though "Illya Talk = 2?" isn't wrong, since it implicitly can't be bigger than 2 at this point.
    Common route thingies there can go either way too, logicly speaking. Doesn't matter if I put >1 or =2 is the max is 2, or >2 or =3 if the max is 3.
    When I was making this thing I decided, with the help of some friends, to not have any <= or >= signs. I guess we can talk about removing all = signs also for a consistent style in those, but sometimes = looks nicer to me for some reason, especially if it's just a 1 or 0 situation (and I must have it for the second saber dojo explanation in Fate. Finding a way to portray that was a mess).

2. Fate
    - Switch after "Intermission - Conflict" should be "Saber < 6?"
    Fixed locally. (will upload later though)

3. Unlimited Blade Works
    - I don't know if "Intermission - Original and Fake" belongs on Day 14 or 15.
    15. The title card for the day is the first thing in this scene. Yeah, Interludes usually end a day, not start it, but this is an exception.

4. Heaven's Feel
    - Day 6 "Park The daughter of winter Illya (I)" is missing an "Illya Talk + 1"
    Deliberately omitted, even though it's wrong from the coding. The only way to get that scene is to NOT go to the first park visit, but DO go to the second park visit. However, you have to do BOTH visits to not die, so it matters not that you get a +1 here, so I ommited it for clarity from a player's point of view. Feel free to convince me otherwise.

- On day 9, after "Can you trust her? Can you stay on her side?" There might or might not be missing a "Reply Accept" for the "Yes" case.
    Feel free to check the files on this if you can, but using the history and skip read scene stuff it seems to just skip to the next question every time you agree. Only disagreements cause a conversation. Again, one of those (almost) one of exceptions...

- On day 9, after "Night: Church - Geas" the Tiger Dojo 31 should follow, not 30..
    Yay, copy-paste error. Fixed locally, will upload later.

What software are you using to make them?
    Drawio. https://github.com/jgraph/drawio-desktop/releases
    All the files currently on my Google Drive have a drawio template baked into them, so anyone can open them up in that themselves and make their own copies. Figured that's a good idea if I ever end up falling of the face of the planet and someone needs to alter these. Adds like 200-300k to each file, but I don't think that's a problem.
    Last edited by Poki#3; October 8th, 2022 at 09:58 PM.

Wow, big thanks. Wish I had that when I was making this. I didn't know there's a retranslation project up. Good luck for them. I'll stick with using the current scene titles and choices for now for consistency, but if the project progresses I can make a new one.
    Ok. We might switch a few scene titles to the retranslated variant in a future update to fix some of the more awkward English, but it's not decided yet which ones.

So yeah, I was thinking of what alternatives I can do with scene bubbles.
    Solution 1 (the one I used right now): Put a line break.
    Solution 2: "ef it" and just leave the text as is, just add spaces.
    Solution 3: "Quotes". When skipping read scenes, the titles are in Japanese quotation marks, so we might also do quotes here.
    Gotta say, I think it looks nice and I'm leaning this direction.
    Solution 4: Colors?
    Solution 5: divider lines
    Solution 6?
    ...I don't think I got any more in me, but if someone has a great idea let me know.
    I'd also opt for solution 3, quotes.

Common route thingies there can go either way too, logicly speaking. Doesn't matter if I put >1 or =2 is the max is 2, or >2 or =3 if the max is 3.
    Oops, you're right. I confused "SakuraRoute" with "SakuraPoint" in the old chart, which made me think the max would be 3.
    It's fine to change >= and <= to = if you made sure that that is the smallest/biggest value the flags can actually reach during regular play.

> Unlimited Blade Works: I don't know if "Intermission - Original and Fake" belongs on Day 14 or 15.
    15. The title card for the day is the first thing in this scene. Yeah, Interludes usually end a day, not start it, but this is an exception.
    Ah, I see... While it's listed in the day 14 fcf file ("凛ルート十四日目.fcf") as scene 24, in-game it's credited as day 15.
    The interlude starts with the date screen showing the switch from day 14 to day 15 with the title "15 After image". After that the scene's own title screen shows as "Interlude 15-1". Since this is what players will actually see, placing it inside day 15 in the chart is the way to go.

I guess the old chart was made from a developer-centric perspective and stuck very closely to the internal representation. This is probably the reason it also contains the "OUTERLABEL" entries of the fcf files as discrete "Out" fields, even though they are pretty much meaningless for players.

> Heaven's Feel: Day 6 "Park The daughter of winter Illya (I)" is missing an "Illya Talk + 1"

Deliberately omitted, even though it's wrong from the coding. The only way to get that scene is to NOT go to the first park visit, but DO go to the second park visit. However, you have to do BOTH visits to not die, so it matters not that you get a +1 here, so I ommited it for clarity from a player's point of view. Feel free to convince me otherwise.
    You invested the time to correctly figure out the flow implications to allow for minimizing redundant and distracting elements in a player focused chart. Looks good to me.

> On day 9, after "Can you trust her? Can you stay on her side?" There might or might not be missing a "Reply Accept" for the "Yes" case.

Feel free to check the files on this if you can, but using the history and skip read scene stuff it seems to just skip to the next question every time you agree. Only disagreements cause a conversation. Again, one of those (almost) one of exceptions...
    You're correct. The "Yes" case, scene 10 in the fcf file, has no related ks file to go with, so jumps straight to the following scene 12. So your representation matches the behaviour.

All the files currently on my Google Drive have a drawio template baked into them, so anyone can open them up in that themselves and make their own copies. Figured that's a good idea if I ever end up falling of the face of the planet and someone needs to alter these. Adds like 200-300k to each file, but I don't think that's a problem.
    Great. I was going to ask you to make those available when you're done with them so we don't get stuck like with the old flowcharts with no good way to edit them. So, when opening the PDF or JPG files in drawio, it automatically uses the embedded templates, yes?

I'll be looking forward to how you'll handle the design decision for a combined chart.