Page 30 of 70 FirstFirst ... 202528293031323540 ... LastLast

Thread: Fate/Stay Night [Realta Nua] - Ultimate Edition - 2022

Resident straight-male kuutsundere NM64's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CerebralPolicy View Post
    Quick question regarding the soundtrack options. Should one of these options should play the 2012 remixes from patch_vita_ost.xp3 as bgm? I was double checking on my laptop incase it was a kiridroid bug but neither seems to play them so I'm guessing another option should be showing up.
    That is not the option you are looking for - that option changes which actual song plays for a given scene (e.g. "Clashing Souls" vs "Burst Up" for the initial Lancer vs Archer fight in the prologue) rather than changing which version/remix/rendition of a given song is played (e.g. Original vs PS2 vs 2012/Vita/mobile).

The setting you're looking for is in "Config" located in the VN itself - click the button that says "BGM" located above the music volume slider.
    HELP WANTED - Contact me if you know the original source of this song:

Thank you for your work in Realta Nua and the Help given

Ok, so i've tried multiple things so i'll try to keep this as comprehensive as possible. I'd played this quite a bit, got to a bit after Heaven's Feel split, but then i stopped for a while. tonight, about 4h ago I think, i decided i wanted to continue, but the game wouldn't launch properly. i got a white screen (correct resolution with the black bars at the side) and the opening jingle, but nothing else. it didn't crash, just nothing.

I decided to reinstall as i had my save files and noticed this update, so I uninstalled and downloaded the new stuff (rather than updating because issues). The launcher refused to recognize the patch files no matter where i put them (installer location, game file destination, save file folder) so i went for add them later, this then didn't work at all, the program would run, and be running in task manager apparently, but there was no window. So, i went back to the old installer and patches. still nothing, so update to this version.

Replaced the patches and the fate.exe, and i was back to the white screen and jingle. Finally tried clearing my save files in case they were causing it and got a different start up problem, it started in a window, with the correct dropdown buttons on the top bar, but the entire window was white and completely unresponsive and any click would say 'X has stopped responding'.

Because the game wasn't technically 'crashing' i don't even have any crash logs.

The only thing that i particularly found odd is that the program in task manager isn't something like 'Fate.exe', rather it's 'TVP(KIRIKIRI) Z core / scripting Platform for Win32 (32bit)' I reckon this might be part of the problem given I have a 64bit system, but this version of the tool doesn't have the option to choose a 64bit version like the old one did, at least as far as i can tell.

Does anyone have any idea how i can get this running?

Quote Originally Posted by Drengade View Post
    Does anyone have any idea how i can get this running?
    You could always try the "cheaty" way of getting a pre-assembled working portable copy of Ultimate Edition 1.0.0 beta and then update the patches manually to 1.1.0; hint: the Japanese sound of a cat

(do note that it comes with the sex-scenes enabled by default so, if that's something you don't want, then be sure to configure your VN patch settings accordingly or just rename/delete "patch_h.xp3" altogether)

This doesn't actually "fix" the issue though, rather it just works around it and therefore it also doesn't let us establish what the problem is even caused by (something that's outside of my personal skill-level - you'd probably need someone closer to the code side of Ultimate Edition to have an idea of the issue at-hand).

I decided to reinstall as i had my save files and noticed this update, so I uninstalled and downloaded the new stuff (rather than updating because issues). The launcher refused to recognize the patch files no matter where i put them (installer location, game file destination, save file folder)
    The installer looks for them in a "Patches" subfolder relative to itself.

So i went for add them later, this then didn't work at all, the program would run, and be running in task manager apparently, but there was no window.
    If you click "add them later", the installer says to get the updates yourself and place them in the folder you just installed the game to...

So, i went back to the old installer and patches. still nothing, so update to this version.

Replaced the patches and the fate.exe, and i was back to the white screen and jingle. Finally tried clearing my save files in case they were causing it and got a different start up problem, it started in a window, with the correct dropdown buttons on the top bar, but the entire window was white and completely unresponsive and any click would say 'X has stopped responding'.
    This was with cleared save files?

The only thing that i particularly found odd is that the program in task manager isn't something like 'Fate.exe', rather it's 'TVP(KIRIKIRI) Z core / scripting Platform for Win32 (32bit)' I reckon this might be part of the problem given I have a 64bit system, but this version of the tool doesn't have the option to choose a 64bit version like the old one did, at least as far as i can tell.
    Don't worry about it, this one is not an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Bohemian Waxwing View Post
    The installer looks for them in a "Patches" subfolder relative to itself.
    That would have been very useful to know in the initial instructions.

If you click "add them later", the installer says to get the updates yourself and place them in the folder you just installed the game to...
    Yes, I had done that.

This was with cleared save files?
    Not initially, but everything has since been tried without.

Don't worry about it, this one is not an issue.
    Good to know. I have since totally redone my initial Fate files to see if that was the issue, but no. annoyingly, now i have seen hints that my initial issue may have been just a fullscreen/window problem and pressing alt-enter may have fixed it.

So recently I updated the patches to the latest one (the one I got was modified around July?) and textractor stopped hooking the code.

I have tried reinstalling with everything new but it doesn't work either. Sadly I decided to overwrite the working patch.xp3 file and I have no idea how to recover it again.

Quote Originally Posted by sonlun96 View Post
    So recently I updated the patches to the latest one (the one I got was modified around July?) and textractor stopped hooking the code.

I have tried reinstalling with everything new but it doesn't work either. Sadly I decided to overwrite the working patch.xp3 file and I have no idea how to recover it again.
    We have changed how text is being drawn in order to make it render uniformly depending on the platform and to improve performance.

In this case, hook programs such as Textractor need to be updated to support this text drawing implementation.

In the future, we will add a copy to clipboard function so you do not need to use hook programs.
    Last edited by Alyinghood; August 8th, 2022 at 05:49 PM.

Hello, I'm new to this and I'm having a little trouble. When I try to merge the files together, it says I'm missing a file: bgimage.xps.

EDIT: Meant bgimage.xp3
    Last edited by Sora Haseo; August 14th, 2022 at 11:16 PM.

...I just had a thought - the installer does a checksum of the existing unpatched/vanilla XP3 archives to make sure that they're the correct files, right? Basically I'm just wondering what would happen if the elusive package version with a digital download code that tannerofthenorth bought were attempted to be used with Ultimate Edition...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sora Haseo View Post
    Hello, I'm new to this and I'm having a little trouble. When I try to merge the files together, it says I'm missing a file: bgimage.xps.
    While I personally cannot help you with the issue, I must ask - did you by chance mean bgimage.xp3 rather than bgimage.xps?

Quote Originally Posted by NM64 View Post
    While I personally cannot help you with the issue, I must ask - did you by chance mean bgimage.xp3 rather than bgimage.xps?
    Yes, that's what I meant.
    Last edited by Sora Haseo; August 15th, 2022 at 12:17 AM.

Hello, I was just testing some stuff and I stumbled upon this bug, it only happens with hd packs (1600 and 1920 variants to be precise, I can't test other patches at the moment). When I change settings to low it looks as intended https://imgur.com/a/XaDFPy4

Quote Originally Posted by Sora Haseo View Post

EDIT: Meant bgimage.xp3
    You have downloaded the incorrect files.

In this case, to find the correct files, put the following in Google (quotes included): "Fate/stay night [Réalta Nua] Ultimate Edition - All Patches (1.0.0 beta)"

...I just had a thought - the installer does a checksum of the existing unpatched/vanilla XP3 archives to make sure that they're the correct files, right? Basically I'm just wondering what would happen if the elusive package version with a digital download code that tannerofthenorth bought were attempted to be used with Ultimate Edition...
    The 2019年6月28日 DMM download version of the game is not supported.
    The encryption has changed.

Quote Originally Posted by D4N5T3P View Post
    Hello, I was just testing some stuff and I stumbled upon this bug, it only happens with hd packs (1600 and 1920 variants to be precise, I can't test other patches at the moment). When I change settings to low it looks as intended https://imgur.com/a/XaDFPy4
    This is a known issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Alyinghood View Post
    The 2019年6月28日 DMM download version of the game is not supported. The encryption has changed.
    Ah, good to know that this actually got confirmed at some point. Do we know if the actual contents of that version are identical to the previous digital-download version?

Ah, good to know that this actually got confirmed at some point. Do we know if the actual contents of that version are identical to the previous digital-download version?
    It is different.

死者 Corpse
    Blog Entries

Help with Fate Stay Night Relata Nua Ultimate Edition bug

I can't avoid the Artificial Noble Phantasm ending because it doesn't give me the option to don't go to the church, in fact it doesn't give me any option at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Alyinghood View Post
    It is different.
    Wait, you mean the actual data like the art assets and OPs and stuff are different, not just the way they're packaged or encrypted?

Hi everyone! I wish to update my game to the new version that has those high resolutions, but mega doesn't allow me to download large files. Could you provide an alternative download link, that has no size restrictions?

I'm having little truble with what file I need to download the ultimate edition
    what files do I need?

Wait, you mean the actual data like the art assets and OPs and stuff are different, not just the way they're packaged or encrypted?
    There has been some code changes. Diffing is not yet complete.

Quote Originally Posted by Karmondia View Post
    Hi everyone! I wish to update my game to the new version that has those high resolutions, but mega doesn't allow me to download large files. Could you provide an alternative download link, that has no size restrictions?
    Any free service will have size or bandwidth restrictions.

There are plans to provide an alternate download method, but it is not ready yet.

Quote Originally Posted by gariudo View Post
    I'm having little truble with what file I need to download the ultimate edition
    what files do I need?
    Which patch files should you choose?

patch.xp3 - You ALWAYS need this. The game will not work without it.
    patch_lang_english.xp3 - Adds the option to switch to English text, instead of the original Japanese.
    patch_hd.xp3 - Adds the option to play at 1.6x resolution (1280x960) instead of the default 800x600.
    patch_hd_1600.xp3 - Adds the option to play at 2.0x resolution (1600x1200).
    patch_hd_1920.xp3 - Adds the option to play at 2.4x resolution (1920x1440).
    patch_hd_2400.xp3 - Adds the option to play at 3.0x resolution (2400x1800).
    patch_hd_3200.xp3 - Adds the option to play at 4.0x resolution (3200x2400).
    patch_h.xp3 - Adds the option to restore the ecchi/hentai content from the 18+ PC release from 2004, including demosaic choices.
    patch_op.xp3 - Adds the option to access Vita/mobile, PS2, and original 2004 PC opening movies in high resolution.
    patch_vita_ost.xp3 - Adds the option to use the remixed soundtracks from the Vita/mobile release.