Page 29 of 70 FirstFirst ... 192427282930313439 ... LastLast

Thread: Fate/Stay Night [Realta Nua] - Ultimate Edition - 2022

屍鬼 Ghoul
    Quote Originally Posted by NM64 View Post
    Our implementation is basically a re-implementation of how it works on the Vita, albeit with the additional ability to work with ratios between 4:3 and 16:9 as well.

Also, the widescreen functionality was kind of Quibi's "pet project" back in the day and AFAIK was basically the very first additional feature over the existing PC Realta Nua English insertion patches that eventually led to the development of "Ultimate Edition", so I imagine that the widescreen is a feature that Quibi really likes.

So if we did have a skilled artist, I'm going to go out on the limb and guess that Quibi actually would prefer if they could try to make natively widescreen versions.
    Alright thanks for clarifying, really hope that someday you guys manage to find a talented artist that can do native wide screen background art, in the meantime I'll try to cope reading the VN sticking to 4:3.
    Last edited by TrainerRad164; July 31st, 2022 at 10:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fudoshiki View Post
    Hi guys, I'm posting this because I ran into an error, it happened in day 15 of Heaven's Feel, when Shirou tries to replicate Berserker's weapon the game freezes and this error pops up

file://./d/fate/faterealtanua_savedata/excepted/20220600133654/unarchived/krkr.console.log
    file://./d/fate/faterealtanua_savedata/excepted/20220600133654/unarchived/hwexcept.log
    file://./d/fate/faterealtanua_savedata/excepted/20220600133654/unarchived/last_log.console.log
    file://./d/fate/faterealtanua_savedata/excepted/20220600133654/unarchived/data.kdt
    file://./d/fate/faterealtanua_savedata/excepted/20220600133654/unarchived//excepted/20220600133654/unarchived/datasu/ksd
    file://./d/fate/faterealtanua_savedata/excepted/20220600133654/unarchived/paths_base_dirlist.ksc
    file://./d/fate/faterealtanua_savedata/excepted/20220600133654/unarchived/paths_base_dirlistex.ksc
    file://./d/fate/faterealtanua_savedata/excepted/20220600133654/unarchived/dxdiag.ksc

I don't know what to do it is the first time this happens and my first time playing the novel
    Please update the patches first (see under section "How to UPDATE from an older version of Ultimate Edition:" of OP) then try running the game again

Quote Originally Posted by Alyinghood View Post
    Please update the patches first (see under section "How to UPDATE from an older version of Ultimate Edition:" of OP) then try running the game again
    I'm downloading the new patches but Mega said that they exceed download quota or something like that and that I may not be able to download all patches, are they available to download somewhere else?

I'm downloading the new patches but Mega said that they exceed download quota or something like that and that I may not be able to download all patches, are they available to download somewhere else?
    Not at the moment.

To avoid exceeding the quota, do not download the HD patches.

Quote Originally Posted by Alyinghood View Post
    Not at the moment.

To avoid exceeding the quota, do not download the HD patches.
    I managed to download the ones that aren't HD, but still freezes at the same moment and the same error appears

Edit: just noticed I moved the patches to the wrong folder, now the game works, but the quality seems a little off, do I need to download all the HD patches for the game to go back to normal or can I pick just one of them?
    Last edited by Fudoshiki; August 1st, 2022 at 02:08 AM.

Resident straight-male kuutsundere NM64's Avatar
    do I need to download all the HD patches for the game to go back to normal or can I pick just one of them?
    You can just pick one of them; for reference, the number on the various HD patches refers to horizontal resolution.

(so keep in mind that, if you run the VN in 4:3 non-widescreen mode, you can get away with a smaller resolution - e.g. on a screen that is 1920x1200, you'd only need the patch_hd_1600.xp3 file since, in non-widescreen mode, the VN would only display at 1600x1200 in fullscreen)
    HELP WANTED - Contact me if you know the original source of this song:

You can just pick one of them; for reference, the number on the various HD patches refers to horizontal resolution.

(so keep in mind that, if you run the VN in 4:3 non-widescreen mode, you can get away with a smaller resolution - e.g. on a screen that is 1920x1200, you'd only need the patch_hd_1600.xp3 file since, in non-widescreen mode, the VN would only display at 1600x1200 in fullscreen)
    All right, thank you guys for helping me

Quote Originally Posted by gr4dy View Post
    Everything was running fine until I got to the part where Tohsaka is summoning her servant and the game locks up and I get an exception. I can't do anything else but go back to my previous save (like an hour ago) or just quit. What should I do to fix this or move beyond it?

Here's what it says in the krkr.console.log:

22:49:19 ==== An exception occured at patch_layer.tjs(198)[(function) setImageSize], VM ip = 115 ====
    22:49:19 -- Disassembled VM code --
    22:49:19 #(198) return super.setImageSize(...);
    22:49:19 00000115 calld %3, %2.*12(...) // *12 = (string)"setImageSize"
    22:49:19 -- Register dump --
    22:49:19 %-5=(int)9989 %-4=(int)39956 %-3=(int)43924 %-2=(object)(object 0x00F3B2A4:0x00000000)
    22:49:19 %-1=(object)(object 0x405D4C50:0x405D4C50) %0=(void)
    22:49:19 %1=(object)(object 0x011C64F8:0x00000000) %2=(object)(object 0x07D7C370:0x00000000)
    22:49:19 %3=(void) %4=(int)0
    22:49:19 --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    22:49:19 trace : patch_hd_layer.tjs(533)[(function) setImageSize_patch_hd_layer] <-- patch_hd_layer.tjs(1123)[(function) upscale] <-- patch_hd_layer.tjs(1027)[(function) loadImages] <-- patch_textdrawer_override.tjs(188)[(function) loadImages] <-- KAGLayer.tjs(129)[(function) loadImages] <-- Override.tjs(5597)[(function) loadImages] <-- AnimationLayer.tjs(495)[(function) loadImages] <-- Override.tjs(2824)[(function) loadImages] <-- GraphicLayer.tjs(71)[(function) loadImages] <-- ConditionPlugin.ks(640)[(function) loadImages] <-- ConditionPlugin.ks(1011)[(function expression) (anonymous)] <-- init.tjs(905)[(function expression) (anonymous)] <-- init.tjs(1029)[(function expression) (anonymous)] <-- Conductor.tjs(482)[(function) onTag] <-- patch_conductor.tjs(641)[(function) onTag] <-- patch_tag_stream_mutate.tjs(101)[(function) onTag] <-- patch_skip.tjs(72)[(function) onTag] <-- Conductor.tjs(112)[(function) timerCallback]
    22:49:19 An error occurred.
    File: プロローグ1日目.ks Line: 2242
    Tag: fg (← might be the tag before or after the error)
    Cannot allocate memory for Bitmap : at TVPAllocBitmapBits (size=-1569825176(43924x39956))
    22:49:19 Exception: An error occurred.
    File: プロローグ1日目.ks Line: 2242
    Tag: fg (← might be the tag before or after the error)
    Cannot allocate memory for Bitmap : at TVPAllocBitmapBits (size=-1569825176(43924x39956))

Things I tried:

Running as administrator
    Checking skip in-game movies
    Matching the patch checksums so ensure I have the right patches

Aaaaand a complete re-install fixed it? Weird.
    How about running in a lower in-game resolution? What are you on? 3200 (e.g. x4.0)?

Quote Originally Posted by TrainerRad164 View Post
    I did use the Match Desktop option, this is what I mean but I only notice it after I load my save.
    "Match Desktop" is buggy. Stick to "Standard (4:3)" or "Wide (16:9)"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rai View Post
    I followed the update guides and have had no issue getting everything to work. I even played through the prologue and the first several days without issue. The issue I'm having is that in day 3 when Berserker attacks the cutscene that is supposed to play keeps giving me this error.

https://pasteboard.co/4Q1Q7jkAnJam.png

I'm not sure what the issue is as the other cutscenes play fine and I got this build from nyaa and updated everything as detailed.
    You might have overlooked something while updating, since that error means you are using an outdated version of some of the patches. "patch.xp3" would be the most likely culprit...
    Last edited by Bohemian Waxwing; August 1st, 2022 at 11:38 PM.

By the way, in the document I made, should I remove the issues that have been fixed for clarity or keep it as is?

Quote Originally Posted by Twhite90 View Post
    By the way, in the document I made, should I remove the issues that have been fixed for clarity or keep it as is?
    Whichever you prefer. We have a separate copy of the list to work with internally.

While digging through my old posts where I basically suggest something similar back in 2019 (I actually noted the "Link" song thing with the credits exactly as you described), one thing I mentioned was the idea of using the original 2004 version of "Changing Seasons" specifically for the UBW Good End (not to be confused with the UBW True End).

Thoughts? Anyone?

EDIT: I forgot that the non-true HF end (not "Sparks Liner High") also has credits and plays the same usual "Changing Seasons (Realta Nua ver.)"; I'm not entirely sure where to fit that into this - maybe also use the original 2004 version of "Changing Seasons"?

EDIT: I don't even recall if I ever did anything with bgm22.ogg - anybody know if we're just using the stock PC version as-is, the mobile version of that song as-is, or some custom version of it?

EDIT 2: I believe we're just using the PC version as-is at this time. That being said, there's a funny thing where, despite not having the ability to select the higher-quality-but-slightly-different not-actually-a-remix version of bgm22 aka "THIS ILLUSION (inst.)" from the mobile version, we seem to still include the corresponding mobile bgm22.ogg file in "patch_vita_ost.xp3" that I mentioned in my 2019 post.

EDIT: Uhhhh why do we have "PS2" listings for the "demo ver." songs...?

Quote Originally Posted by Twhite90 View Post
    I have no insight into the other issues but I do want to at least let you know that we will be implementing the music change that you suggested for "Changing Seasons 2 (2012)" and "Link" EDIT: erm, I mean "Days".

Furthermore, I'll be putting together the "2012" of "Changing Seasons 2" and the "Reproduction" version of "Link" at some point (no ETA - could be tomorrow, could be next year, could be when the Tsukihime remake gets relea- err, when Half Life 3 gets released).

EDIT: I am a derp that has mixed up "Days" with "Link" and I seemed to have done this even back with my 2019 post.

• "Days" = HF true end credits

• "Link" = Last Episode credits

So yeah, whoops.
    Last edited by NM64; August 3rd, 2022 at 03:12 PM.

...one thing I mentioned was the idea of using the original 2004 version of "Changing Seasons" specifically for the UBW Good End (not to be confused with the UBW True End).

EDIT: I forgot that the non-true HF end (not "Sparks Liner High") also has credits and plays the same usual "Changing Seasons (Realta Nua ver.)"; I'm not entirely sure where to fit that into this - maybe also use the original 2004 version of "Changing Seasons"?
    For reference, these are the currently used BGMs for the credits in the dev version right now:

Script
    Classic
    Mixed
    Realta
    Classic
    Mixed
    Realta
    Fate True End
    セイバーエピローグ.ks
    bgm41
    bgm68
    bgm68
    Turning Seasons
    Turning Seasons (Réalta Nua ver.)
    UBW True End
    凛エピローグ.ks
    bgm41
    bgm68
    bgm68
    Turning Seasons
    UBW Good End
    凛エピローグ2.ks
    bgm41
    bgm68
    bgm68
    Turning Seasons
    HF True End
    桜エピローグ.ks
    bgm27
    bgm27
    bgm68
    Days
    Days
    HF Normal End
    桜エピローグ2.ks
    bgm41
    bgm68
    bgm68
    Turning Seasons

If I understand you right, you are proposing to
    - change the BGM used in the UBW Good End (凛エピローグ2.ks) from bgm68 to bgm41 for mixed mode, from "Turning Seasons (Réalta Nua ver.)" to "Turning Seasons".
    - change the BGM used in the HF Normal End (桜エピローグ2.ks) from bgm68 to bgm41 for mixed mode, from "Turning Seasons (Réalta Nua ver.)" to "Turning Seasons".
    Last edited by Bohemian Waxwing; August 2nd, 2022 at 04:54 AM.

hello, no offense or trolling or anything offensive. but
    i've got another batch of seven questions
    1 what's your reasoning for starting Fate/Stay Night [Realta Nua] - Ultimate Edition - 2022 thread
    2 what's your reasoning for moving from google drive to mega
    3 is decensor patch no longer needed
    4 whatever happened to mirror moon tl insertion project
    5 official PC releases of 3 Realta Nua routes aren't avalible anymore
    6 breakdown and explain process of making patch_hd_1600.xp3 patch_hd_1920.xp3 patch_hd_2400.xp3 patch_hd_3200.xp3.
    7 what are tools/software used in making hd patches for the lastest update
    Last edited by ViridiaRestart; August 2nd, 2022 at 12:07 PM. Reason: change question

Quote Originally Posted by Bohemian Waxwing View Post
    If I understand you right, you are proposing to
    - change the BGM used in the UBW Good End (凛エピローグ2.ks) from bgm68 to bgm41 for mixed mode, from "Turning Seasons (Réalta Nua ver.)" to "Turning Seasons".
    - change the BGM used in the HF Normal End (桜エピローグ2.ks) from bgm68 to bgm41 for mixed mode, from "Turning Seasons (Réalta Nua ver.)" to "Turning Seasons".
    You are indeed understanding me correctly, but I would call it less of a proposal and more of a random idea that I had when reading my old 2019 post.

EDIT: Another random idea - you know that post asking about if we were to use any of the music from the anime and I layed out in detail why that'd be difficult? Well there's one instance that would actually be extremely easy - the credits music that the ufotable UBW anime used for the UBW "Good End" because it literally just used the straight-plain PC VN 'bgm06.ogg' aka "Madder Red Town" (it's not even just a different rendition contrary to what this forum thread claims and certainly not a remix contrary to what this reddit post claims EDIT 2: Lawl I forgot that the anime used two different versions of "Madder Red Town" - a remix during the actual animation and the VN version during the credits; I'm going to guess that it's the one during the animation that people were focusing on while for me it was the VN version used during the credits that stuck out for obvious reasons).

Again, not really a "proposal" but just another random idea that I'm just throwing out there that can be acted upon or ignored depending on what people want to do.

Quote Originally Posted by ViridiaRestart View Post
    6 breakdown and explain process of making patch_hd_1600.xp3 patch_hd_1920.xp3 patch_hd_2400.xp3 patch_hd_3200.xp3.

7 what are tools/software used in making hd patches for the lastest update
    I'll leave these two for people that are actually involved in the coding-side of the project (e.g. not me), though I can at least say that a lot of waifu2x was used for the graphics.

----------------------------------------------------------------

1 what's your reasoning for starting Fate/Stay Night [Realta Nua] - Ultimate Edition - 2022 thread
    The creator of the previous thread, Jacktheinfinite101, has retired from the project (you will notice that he has not logged into the forum in over 2 years).

2 what's your reasoning for moving from google drive to mega
    The downloads are popular enough that the Google Drive links kept being "temporarily unavailable" (there's basically a secret server bandwidth cap on Google Drive files; on MEGA it works the opposite where the bandwidth cap is on the user's side rather than the server side)

3 is decensor patch no longer needed
    Correct - it is now integrated into the patch_h.xp3 file.

4 whatever happened to mirror moon tl insertion project
    It was succeeded by both Kotonoha's "vanilla patch" as well as Jack's initial "Ultimate Edition" (it's worth mentioning that Kotonoha also seems to be a bit MIA from their own thread - while not being MIA from the forum itself, it's possible that they're also retired considering my year-old post in their "vanilla patch" support thread has been left hanging)

5 official PC releases of 3 Realta Nua routes aren't avalible anymore
    Possibly correct; there was a (Japan-only of course) package version (which also included hollow ataraxia) that was just a digital download code, but 1. we're uncertain if that version is compatible and 2. it's unclear if that package version is still available.

Again, keep in mind that the mobile Japanese version of Realta Nua is still available and the recent Tsukihime remake did not even get a PC version (which itself is a whole 'nother can of worms that is far outside of the scope of this post)
    Last edited by NM64; August 3rd, 2022 at 06:22 PM.

I have a script error during "Intermission - Nightmare, Awakening" segment in HF

Got through it disabling "mature content" but still.
    Last edited by TeslaX; August 3rd, 2022 at 01:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TeslaX View Post
    I have a script error during "Intermission - Nightmare, Awakening" segment in HF

Got through it disabling "mature content" but still.
    We're aware of it. Will be fixed in the next small bugfix release, v1.1.1.

I haven't checked this thread out in a while. Have there been any updates?

Quote Originally Posted by Rotted_Fish View Post
    I haven't checked this thread out in a while. Have there been any updates?
    Surely you mean other than the v1.1.0 that is mentioned in the first post that was released last month? Because other than that, no, no updates.

...you know, the newest update will always be mentioned in the first post unless Quibi pulls a Jack and goes MIA for a while.

Quick question regarding the soundtrack options. Should one of these options should play the 2012 remixes from patch_vita_ost.xp3 as bgm? I was double checking on my laptop incase it was a kiridroid bug but neither seems to play them so I'm guessing another option should be showing up.