Page 8 of 70 FirstFirst ... 3678910131858 ... LastLast

Thread: Fate/Stay Night [Realta Nua] - Ultimate Edition - 2022

Resident straight-male kuutsundere NM64's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TrainerRad164 View Post
    I got a question, when's the next major update coming out?
    It's always just been a case of "when it's done" with no ETA.

That being said, it might be good if it's at least established in terms of what the goals are and/or what the blockers are for the elusive next version.
    HELP WANTED - Contact me if you know the original source of this song:

Quote Originally Posted by NM64 View Post
    That being said, it might be good if it's at least established in terms of what the goals are and/or what the blockers are for the elusive next version.
    That would be a good start. A beta update would be nice too, it would allow to detect new bugs

Blog Entries
    The goal is basically me finishing refactoring the HD and wide patch. HD is already done. I have some stuff to finish with wide mode.
    The refactoring is supposed to fix bugs in image positioning, support arbitrary resolution (within reason...) and speed up considerably.

Orthogonal to the above, I've been working on:
    * x86_64/armv7/aarch64 port
    * Automated continuous integration (this means you don't need to wait for new builds anymore)
    * GPU rendering (for the Electron port)
    * KAG tokenizer in pure Python
    * UAX #9-C1 processing
    * UAX #14 processing
    * libmpv integration
    * Tag/attribute/text injection/modification from external files

Quote Originally Posted by ViridiaRestart View Post
    Can You Explain What Are The Diffrences Between English Patch, Mirror Moon TL Insertion Project And Ultimate Edition.
    English Patch = english translation for the original 2004 PC version

Mirror Moon TL Insertion Project = port of the english translation used from the 2004 PC version to the digital download PC version of Realta Nua

Ultimate Edition = takes the best bits from basically every single version of the Fate/stay night VN ever released and combines it into a single program with a slew of options that optimally lets you turn it into either the 2004 version, the digital download version, the PS2 version, the Vita and/or mobile version, or a custom combination of any of those listed.

EDIT: That being said, Ultimate Edition also includes several other improvements that were not included in any version of the VN but are just sort of general "obvious" improvements, like being able to disable the forced auto-read and the inclusion of HD graphics for content that never used to have them (trial "demo" animation, 2004 H-scenes, OP videos*, etc.)

*the iOS/Android version technically includes HD OP videos but they're encoded in low-bitrate Theora codec of all things despite it also using VP8-derived WebP for its actual art assets
    Last edited by NM64; January 19th, 2022 at 07:04 PM.

Hey psst, does someone know what the native format of the music is in the Vita version?

I mean, the OP videos were straight-up h264+AAC MP4 files, but I don't suppose that means that the music was also just straight-up OGG vorbis rather than something like atrac9?
    The audio format is ATRAC9.

Isn't that the explaination as to why it's been compressed rather than encrypted?

Or does krkrz not support compressed archives with no encryption?
    Krkrz built in archive support has a problem: the encryption has to be applied to all files or no files.

However, there is a method to "mount" archive files so that the encryption can be specified per archive.
    I currently use this method for XP3 and SquashFS archives, and I'm planning to add support for ZIP archives.

What is Ultimate Edition, What Are Diffrences Between Fate/stay night Releases, Reasons Why Do I Need To Keep Rin Chant Language Japanese Instead Of German, What Are Methods To Install And Reasons Why Do I Choose Ultimate Edition Over Mirror Moon Tl Insertion Project In Detail.
    You might want to read the first of the two posts above yours.
    About the installation, how about you read the topic's first message?
    As for Rin chant I don't know.

What is Ultimate Edition, What Are Diffrences Between Fate/stay night Releases
    I answered these in my previous post.

Farther info may be found in the "README-patch.html" file included in the "patches" folder on the MEGA link (right-click -> "download" it, then double-click the downloaded file to view it).

Reasons Why Do I Need To Keep Rin Chant Language Japanese Instead Of German
    This only applies to one specific scene. Allow me to quote the relevant section in the "README-patch.html" file:

Quote Originally Posted by README-patch.html
    Rin Chant Language - in some parts of the story Rin uses certain chants which were dubbed as Japanese (PS2 version) and German (PC RN version). The German recordings sound horrible, please stick with the Japanese ones.

What Are Methods To Install
    This is outlined in the first post of this very thread.

Reasons Why Do I Choose Ultimate Edition Over Mirror Moon Tl Insertion Project In Detail.
    ...just how much detail are you looking for? Is what I previously mentioned not enough detail?

Nevertheless, both the "README-patch.html" and the the old thread's accompanying video may farther answer some of your questions.

Quote Originally Posted by requinDr View Post
    I really want to start working with the 1.0 beta, but it seems like too much things have changed internally... It's for the best, but the feeling of wanting to adapt the whole french patch to 1.0 while knowing that it's not a recent release isn't pleasant. I hope there will be an update to the development version as it's been a while since the last one.
    I send you a PM concerning this and getting access to the latest files. Please check your Inbox, if you haven't already.

死者 Corpse
    Ayo people, I've been lurking for quite a while here, but since I've never really used the forums I'm sorry if I'm posting this somewhere I shouldn't.
    Ok, so, I'm having this slight annoyance that I didn't use to have until I installed it on another pc. Basically, whenever I press enter so I can skip the text animation showing all the letters one by one, the game takes a while to display the text, it almost seems like it's lagging. It's kind of an issue since even if I set the delay for the read text to 0 in the settings, the next line of text will also lag. The only thing different between the first installation and this one was where I got the game from, I'm also considering this as a possibility since there was a visual change in the icon that appears in front of read text to indicate there is more text to come. I'm unsure if this would be of any assistance, but when I first installed the ultimate edition the save folder was simply called savedata and now it's called faterealtanua_savedata, this folder was automatically created by the installer which also differs from the first time I did it where I was the one creating the savedata folder. Both installations were done using the portable install option.
    Once again, sorry if I messed up by posting this question here.
    I hope you could help me with this problem and thank you for your attention! <3

Quote Originally Posted by MatouKariya View Post
    Ayo people, I've been lurking for quite a while here, but since I've never really used the forums I'm sorry if I'm posting this somewhere I shouldn't.
    Ok, so, I'm having this slight annoyance that I didn't use to have until I installed it on another pc. Basically, whenever I press enter so I can skip the text animation showing all the letters one by one, the game takes a while to display the text, it almost seems like it's lagging. It's kind of an issue since even if I set the delay for the read text to 0 in the settings, the next line of text will also lag. The only thing different between the first installation and this one was where I got the game from, I'm also considering this as a possibility since there was a visual change in the icon that appears in front of read text to indicate there is more text to come. I'm unsure if this would be of any assistance, but when I first installed the ultimate edition the save folder was simply called savedata and now it's called faterealtanua_savedata, this folder was automatically created by the installer which also differs from the first time I did it where I was the one creating the savedata folder. Both installations were done using the portable install option.
    Once again, sorry if I messed up by posting this question here.
    I hope you could help me with this problem and thank you for your attention! <3
    Select a font in the right click menu -> config menu.

死者 Corpse
    Thank you very much, really grateful for the help!! <3

死者 Corpse
    Ayo again, changing the font improved a bit but there's still some significant lag whenever I skip from one line to the other, I also forgot to mention I'm playing through bootcamp, don't know if that's a problem. I also tried to lower my screen resolution thinking that it could be some sort of performance issue but the animations and such all play smoothly. I'm really sorry for the trouble but I'm getting kinda desperate since I can't find a solution anywhere else, lol. <3

Quote Originally Posted by MatouKariya View Post
    Ayo again, changing the font improved a bit but there's still some significant lag whenever I skip from one line to the other, I also forgot to mention I'm playing through bootcamp, don't know if that's a problem. I also tried to lower my screen resolution thinking that it could be some sort of performance issue but the animations and such all play smoothly. I'm really sorry for the trouble but I'm getting kinda desperate since I can't find a solution anywhere else, lol. <3
    This issue is due to heavy I/O due to reading glyph metrics from font file. This should already have been fixed.
    1. Update to latest version by replacing files: ******************folder/DMsXCIoD#ubkrOC40vxEJDAslcnScow
    2. Select a different font from the font config menu

死者 Corpse
    Will do! o7

死者 Corpse
    Hallo again, unfortunately the problem still persists. Everything was fine when I ran it on my main computer so it's probably something on my end, I won't bother you any longer. Thanks for the help and for the fast response times, love to see people being active doing something they like!
    Have a great day! <3

死者 Corpse
    Okay, I'm back with good news! Apparently bootcamp was the issue, I don't know what was wrong with it per se, but when I ran the game using parallels it worked just fine. I got this idea because I had noticed that some games were running a bit weirdly and when looking for fixes bootcamp was the underlying problem. I'm no expert, but from this I'd probably say that for mac users trying to run the game, parallels would be a nice way to do so!!
    Cheers! <3

My friend has download the installer for the first time and when running the installer he keeps running across the problem that it cant find bgimage during the installation(he ignored the patches)

Quote Originally Posted by CoolCato View Post
    My friend has download the installer for the first time and when running the installer he keeps running across the problem that it cant find bgimage during the installation(he ignored the patches)
    Looks like incomplete files.

In that case, put the following in Google (quotes included): "Fate/stay night [Réalta Nua] Ultimate Edition - All Patches (1.0.0 beta)"

Quote Originally Posted by Alyinghood View Post
    Looks like incomplete files.

In that case, put the following in Google (quotes included): "Fate/stay night [Réalta Nua] Ultimate Edition - All Patches (1.0.0 beta)"
    ok mate i will try that with him.