Page 38 of 70 FirstFirst ... 283336373839404348 ... LastLast

Thread: Fate/Stay Night [Realta Nua] - Ultimate Edition - 2022

So I found a translation for my native language (portuguese) and I'm willing to apply on the ultimate patch

but they say that "there are three folders, one for each route, and you should apply those archives on these folders"

On the ultimate and very probably the best version there isn't those three folders mentioned, I've got the following archives provided from the Brazilian translators:

I'd like to know if anyone can help me with this translation since some archives got different names from the Ultimate version archives

----- EDIT -----

The image is not showing so I'll place the names of all the archives here:

"allpatch_english.xp3"
    "allpatch_flowchart.xp3"
    "allpatch_op.xp3"
    "allpatch_vita_ost.xp3"
    "allpatch_wakame.xp3"
    "CREDITS"
    "LICENSE"
    "patch_english.xp3"
    "patch_h.xp3"
    "patch_op.xp3"
    "rinpatch_english.xp3"
    "rinpatch_h.xp3"
    "rinpatch_op.xp3"
    "sakpatch_english.xp3"
    "sakpatch_h.xp3"
    "sakpatch_op.xp3"
    Last edited by IXXSlashXXI; September 25th, 2022 at 05:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by IXXSlashXXI View Post
    So I found a translation for my native language (portuguese) and I'm willing to apply on the ultimate patch

but they say that "there are three folders, one for each route, and you should apply those archives on these folders"

On the ultimate and very probably the best version there isn't those three folders mentioned, I've got the following archives provided from the Brazilian translators:

I'd like to know if anyone can help me with this translation since some archives got different names from the Ultimate version archives

----- EDIT -----

The image is not showing so I'll place the names of all the archives here:

"allpatch_english.xp3"
    "allpatch_flowchart.xp3"
    "allpatch_op.xp3"
    "allpatch_vita_ost.xp3"
    "allpatch_wakame.xp3"
    "CREDITS"
    "LICENSE"
    "patch_english.xp3"
    "patch_h.xp3"
    "patch_op.xp3"
    "rinpatch_english.xp3"
    "rinpatch_h.xp3"
    "rinpatch_op.xp3"
    "sakpatch_english.xp3"
    "sakpatch_h.xp3"
    "sakpatch_op.xp3"
    That patch is not compatible. The patch needs to be specifically made compatible with the Ultimate Edition patch.

Resident straight-male kuutsundere NM64's Avatar

As alluded to, that's for the normal non-ultimate edition of the PC version of Realta Nua which has each route as a separate stand-alone program.

I don't suppose you have any contact with the devs of the Portuguese version and if they happen to have any interest in supporting Ultimate Edition and/or getting it added to Ultimate Edition? (it's worth nothing that, of the people currently working on Ultimate Edition, I'm quite possibly the least code-savvy by far so, even if the Portuguese devs are interested, it'd be up to the other people that are really doing the heavy-lifting on Ultimate Edition, e.g. Quibi and/or Alyinghood, as to whether they'd accept it or not).
    HELP WANTED - Contact me if you know the original source of this song:

Quote Originally Posted by NM64 View Post
    As alluded to, that's for the normal non-ultimate edition of the PC version of Realta Nua which has each route as a separate stand-alone program.

I don't suppose you have any contact with the devs of the Portuguese version and if they happen to have any interest in supporting Ultimate Edition and/or getting it added to Ultimate Edition? (it's worth nothing that, of the people currently working on Ultimate Edition, I'm quite possibly the least code-savvy by far so, even if the Portuguese devs are interested, it'd be up to the other people that are really doing the heavy-lifting on Ultimate Edition, e.g. Quibi and/or Alyinghood, as to whether they'd accept it or not).
    I've got no contact with those people, it's sad that's not compatible

Just received this error on the 7th day of the UBW route, what are the steps I need to take to get this fixed?

https://prnt.sc/vLXQPdnIVWP-

Quote Originally Posted by priMeGx View Post
    Just received this error on the 7th day of the UBW route, what are the steps I need to take to get this fixed?

https://prnt.sc/vLXQPdnIVWP-
    This error does not happen with a correctly installed v1.1.1, so I guess checking that your patches are up to date might be a good start. See the first post for instructions.

Quote Originally Posted by Alyinghood View Post
    Could you try downloading the mpv build from https://sourceforge.net/projects/mpv...69.7z/download
    While we've been done with the video testing stuff for a bit now, I just forgot to say that you had linked me to the 64bit version while we're using the 32bit version. This is important because 32bit mpv seems to lack some of the SSE2 optimizations for 10bit AVC decoding that 64bit mpv has.

Furthermore, older versions of even 64bit mpv (I just know it was a version somewhere between v0.26 or v0.31) similarly lack these SSE2 optimizations for 10bit AVC decoding.

But as it stands today, it basically looks like this:

32bit with SSSE3 = similar decode performance between 8bit and 10bit AVC
    64bit without SSSE3 = similar decode performance between 8bit and 10bit AVC
    32bit without SSSE3 = decoding 10bit AVC requires notably more CPU than 8bit AVC (something like 15% more)

And don't confuse SSSE3 with SSE3; the latter is present on basically all 64bit CPUs (except for some early DDR1 Athlon64 chips), but SSSE3, while present on Intel since the first Core2 processor, wasn't implemented by AMD until 2011 which also unfortunately coincided with their "Faildozer", resulting in many AMD users instead upgrade to the slightly-older 6-core Phenom II (which, of course, lacks SSSE3).

Quote Originally Posted by Bohemian Waxwing View Post
    This error does not happen with a correctly installed v1.1.1, so I guess checking that your patches are up to date might be a good start. See the first post for instructions.
    That worked, thanks.

Hey, I've entered in contact with the BR translators and they kinda left the project, they told I could use the archives to try porting the Brazilian version to this Ultimate version.

I've got some experience with languages (though I'm Brazilian, I'm also fluent in English and Japanese) and some with programmation, but, never did a translation before.

Yeah, I'd like to try helping the project and try porting the BR version to the Ultimate patch, a lot of people here in Brazil don't play this kind of game exaclty because it's not translated, I'm kinda got some free time and like to make this port for my illiterate folks

Hey, I've entered in contact with the BR translators and they kinda left the project, they told I could use the archives to try porting the Brazilian version to this Ultimate version.

I've got some experience with languages (though I'm Brazilian, I'm also fluent in English and Japanese) and some with programmation, but, never did a translation before.

Yeah, I'd like to try helping the project and try porting the BR version to the Ultimate patch, a lot of people here in Brazil don't play this kind of game exaclty because it's not translated, I'm kinda got some free time and like to make this port for my illiterate folks
    You're welcome if you really want to try, but it might be a bigger task and take longer than you're expecting...
    I'll send you a PM with a download link for the files you need and some instructions on how to get things started.

Upgrade from 1.0.0 to 1.1.1, all dates on previous saves are reset to epoch (1/1/1970), however new saves have correct date. If I launch 1.0.0 again, I can see the correct save dates. This does not impact the ability to restore a save.

Quote Originally Posted by vnrando View Post
    Upgrade from 1.0.0 to 1.1.1, all dates on previous saves are reset to epoch (1/1/1970), however new saves have correct date. If I launch 1.0.0 again, I can see the correct save dates. This does not impact the ability to restore a save.
    I believe this is intended.
    The timestamp format of the savedata has been changed to be timezone independent.

Quote Originally Posted by Alyinghood View Post
    I believe this is intended.
    The timestamp format of the savedata has been changed to be timezone independent.
    Is v1.1.1 intentionally changing the save data's timestamps to say 1970, or does it just basically no longer have the capability to properly parse the older-style timestamp and therefore displays them as 1970?

Is v1.1.1 intentionally changing the save data's timestamps to say 1970, or does it just basically no longer have the capability to properly parse the older-style timestamp and therefore displays them as 1970?
    It appears to be the latter. v1.0.0 save dates are incorrectly parsed with v1.1.1; launching v1.0.0 again and the dates render correctly.

屍鬼 Ghoul
    Quote Originally Posted by Quibi View Post
    Version 1.1.2 released. Check first post for details.
    Thank You!

Version 1.1.2 released. Check first post for details.
    thank you. Wonder if it's possible to play it on macos someday . My m1 macbook has fantastic battery life in compared to windows laptop.

Hello. Long time watcher, first time caller.
    Let me first congratulate everyone involved in both this project and the original translation. You're doing a great job.

I recently went to recommend Fate to a friend of mine, and noticed that you're still using the old flowchart with minimal edits. I don't want to bash it since I'm sure it was a lot of work (believe me, I know) but I think there should be a nicer flowchart available... so I made one myself. My goal was to make it look a bit prettier, more organized, and have all the choices in the proper order like they are in the game.

I'm posting here cause maybe you'd like to put it up in the archive later. I could also use some feedback if anyone thinks anything should be changed. Oh, and I'd really appreciate it if anyone could extract a Fate/Realta Nua logo without the route banners, cause I could not find one anywhere on the internet.

For now everything is split into 4 parts for the routes but if there are no extra changes that need to be done I'll work on a combined version.

Here's the link: ****************************drive/folde...GK?usp=sharing

Can confirm; disabling javascript works around the issue of quote/edit not showing a post's text content. Again though, you need to re-enable javascript in order for the forum's bot protection to (sometimes) not yell at you when making a post as well as for line-break formatting to actually be retained.

Aspect ratios other than 4:3 and 16:9 can show glitches in the effects. Stick to the two main aspect ratios for the best experience.
    Wait, I thought ratios between 4:3 and 16:9, such as 16:10 or 3:2, were fine? (which we've established are becoming increasingly common)

I thought the issues only applied to ratios taller than 4:3 or wider than 16:9 - am I wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Poki#3 View Post
    I recently went to recommend Fate to a friend of mine, and noticed that you're still using the old flowchart with minimal edits. I don't want to bash it since I'm sure it was a lot of work (believe me, I know) but I think there should be a nicer flowchart available... so I made one myself. My goal was to make it look a bit prettier, more organized, and have all the choices in the proper order like they are in the game.
    Very commendable. The current flowchart certainly isn't the easiest on the eye and also suffers from low performance. (The classic version flowchart was a PDF of 226 KiB, but for some reason when it was later updated for RN, it ballooned in size to 17.9 MiB and became very slow to open. For that reason alone, it deserved a remake.)

Your charts look very nice already. It's a little harder to distinguish between a scene's location/time and title. The old chart put "1st Day:" , "2nd Day:", etc. in front and always used only one line for the setting location/time and one for the title, making it somewhat easier to predict where one thing ended and the next began. Reading things like "Dinner Love`s magical ranger force" in one go can be kind of... distracting. It would be really helpful to add a visual difference between those two elements. Different text colors, or using "- Dinner -" or "[Dinner]" or some other way of making clear that the lines are not connected.

The gray background for the speech bubbles you used in the common route chart works quite well. You might want to keep that for the other ones.

I'm posting here cause maybe you'd like to put it up in the archive later. I could also use some feedback if anyone thinks anything should be changed.
    It seems to deviate in places from the scene flow in the current chart. For example, in common route day 2, the scene "Everyday (II)" is connected quite differently. It also sometimes uses different flag names and leaves out some flags alltogether. This representation might be logically equivalent, or it might not be; I'm not very knowledgable on the game flags. But it might be advisable to document for each change why you think it is the right thing to do.

Oh, and I'd really appreciate it if anyone could extract a Fate/Realta Nua logo without the route banners, cause I could not find one anywhere on the internet.
    That one you'd have to stitch together from the components, though without the route banner, it would leave a large empty section in the middle that would look quite weird. Maybe the PS2 logo is closer to what you have in mind, though it would need some editing, I guess: