Page 27 of 70 FirstFirst ... 172225262728293237 ... LastLast

Thread: Fate/Stay Night [Realta Nua] - Ultimate Edition - 2022

Resident straight-male kuutsundere NM64's Avatar
    Apologies for the double-post but on the subject of music change suggestions, am I crazy or is the supposedly "remix" version of "Link" (both the full and short versions) the same as the original, non-remixed versions?

Because, despite there not being a "2012" version, there is a reproduction mix that exists on the "2012" OST but we don't seem to be using it AFAICT (this would be in a manner similar to "The End of The Dream" where we use the reproduction mix since it doesn't have a "2012" version).

I don't suppose this is something I should also put together?
    HELP WANTED - Contact me if you know the original source of this song:

Three Questions
    1. What Does rin chant language switch do
    2. What tools/software do they use in making ultimate edition
    3. what are diffrences between 3rd party 4x patch and 4x patch ultimate edition Team made

Quote Originally Posted by ViridiaRestart View Post
    1. What Does rin chant language switch do
    Straight from the readme:
    Rin Chant Language - in some parts of the story Rin uses certain chants which were dubbed as Japanese (PS2 version) and German (PC RN version). The German recordings sound horrible, please stick with the Japanese ones.
    2. What tools/software do they use in making ultimate edition
    Uh, let me see... I use Python, Notepad++, MS VC++, Gimp, Photoshop, GIT, Google Drive for Desktop

3. what are diffrences between 3rd party 4x patch and 4x patch ultimate edition Team made
    Our patch has fewer glitches.
    But you shouldn't use 4x patches in the first place - in some scenes they make the engine run out of memory and crash.

Quote Originally Posted by Bohemian Waxwing View Post
    Please refrain from spamming the same question again and again. If you got no answer the first time, it means people don't know.
    Then what am I supposed to do? Give up?

Quote Originally Posted by B-29_Bomber View Post
    Then what am I supposed to do? Give up?
    I'm guessing most people don't realize this but basically a lot of us have our own specialty on the project and, for many things, only one person can know the answer.

For example, in the subject of the Vita port, I would not be surprised if that's basically 100% made by Alyinghood, but maybe Quibi might have some input there (though Quibi seems to not be all that active in this thread for the last couple of pages).

Of the 4 people involved in the development of this project that still at least semi-regularly posts in this thread, you can kind of break it down into the following areas of expertise:

Quibi: overall project lead, coding
    Alyinghood: coding master; the more "niche" or "fancy" something is (e.g. the Vita port), the more likely it is that they handled it
    Bohemian Waxwing: HD graphics assets and general "OCD image critic"
    NM64: music/video media assets and general "OCD audiophile"

(that being said, there is a little bit of overlap at times, e.g. Bohemian Waxwing "OCD image critic-ness" can be somewhat useful for videos as well when dealing with upscaling frames and the like)

Anyway, my point is that, for something like the Vita port, there's quite a good chance that Alyinghood and maybe Quibi are the only ones that can provide any help at all - I don't know what Bohemian Waxwing's coding ability is but, since they only joined the project semi-recently, I wouldn't be surprised at all if the Vita port also just simply predates their involvement on the project.

And as for myself, I can't code worth a darn. Despite being a "jack-of-all-trades computer geek", software-dev is a major weak-point for me (it's basically non-existent) - one could probably consider me the resident "PC hardware guru" but, well... that doesn't exactly help much in terms of project development itself.

However, bug-testing which is a strong-point for me, but I do get tired of it since, I'll be honest, I sometimes feel like I'm too good at it whereby I'll become weary from basically finding a second bug while narrowing down a first bug and then, once I've done that, realizing a third bug...and so on. This is kind of what happened with this project around 18 months which pretty much made me want to take a long break from bug testing... but then, during the time-gap between v1.0 and v1.1.0, I ended up doing similar OCD bug-testing on Linux Mint itself over the last few months which has now, once again, kind of made me tired of bug testing-stuff and wanting another long break from bug-testing.

At the very least, I believe Bohemian Waxwing is good at bug-testing as well, and it's my understanding that there are a slew of other people involved that purely do testing and nothing else.

I believe I found a bug. In the dragon's core segment if you play Fate route censored, the "slashing" sound effect is playing continously, even when it should stop by now.

屍鬼 Ghoul
    I was about to report a bug where I used wide screen mode and match my monitor screen which it's aspect ratio is 16:10 bty I noticed there's a white space underneath the image but I manage to fix it by using the + and - keys all the way on the right side of keyboard.

Specking of wide screen mode I noticed that the background isn't really on wide screen but it is a crop version of the original image which I find abit disappointing because I kinda want that feeling that I'm playing a remastered version of the original visual novel. but then again the crop image also applys to the official psvita and mobile version of Realta Nua.

Not sure you guys want to do commission to redo all the background image into wide screen version but I have a feeling it most likely will not and it's going to be tedious for you guys.

Quote Originally Posted by TeslaX View Post
    I believe I found a bug. In the dragon's core segment if you play Fate route censored, the "slashing" sound effect is playing continously, even when it should stop by now.
    This has already been reported by Twhite90 in his Google Doc bug list on 2022-07-19. We're looking into it.

Quote Originally Posted by TrainerRad164 View Post
    I was about to report a bug where I used wide screen mode and match my monitor screen which it's aspect ratio is 16:10 bty I noticed there's a white space underneath the image but I manage to fix it by using the + and - keys all the way on the right side of keyboard.
    Is there a particular reason you aren't just using the "match desktop" option in order to, well, match your desktop aspect ratio rather than using the 16:9 setting?

I ask because "match desktop" was actually not the original labeling and it was changed after I thought the previous label was unclear, but if the current label is also unclear then perhaps we should change it again.

EDIT:...that being said, there should be black space above and below the image when using the 16:9 wide mode on a 16:10 display (the Intel 965GMA laptop I previously mentioned is a Core2 Duo-era laptop with a 16:10 screen as was standard at the time, and I'm typing this on a 5:4 monitor), so having white space could very well still be a bug.
    Last edited by NM64; July 26th, 2022 at 04:20 PM.

Hello!

I'm new to the Fate universe; just finished the anime story arcs up to Heaven's Feel: Spring Song. And honestly, I feel like I'm not ready to be done with the series, so I wanted to try to look into the VN's but I have no idea where to get the games. I downloaded the 20GB file from the first page here but when it asks for the 3 route directories, I don't have what needs to go here. Sorry if this is a dumb question, but what am I missing and how do I get it?

Quote Originally Posted by gr4dy View Post
    Hello! what am I missing and how do I get it?
    You're missing the awkward situation of the fact that, well... you can't actually get the PC digital download versions anymore, and I think this may even be the case even in Japan (there was a packaged version with a digital download code available in Japan a few years ago but it's unclear to me if that version even works with Ultimate Edition let alone if it's available still).

Sooooo... "yar-har-fiddle-dee-dee" and "the Japanese sound of a cat".

gr4dy Search

[20111223](Fate) [20120131](Unlimited Blade works) [20120229](Heaven's Feel) (PCゲーム) [TYPE-MOON] Fate/stay night [Réalta Nua] for Windows

or

Fate/stay night [Realta Nua] for Windows

Hint
    Nyaa
    Last edited by Dimoks; July 27th, 2022 at 12:50 AM.

No questions or concerns, just here to say that deleting my old patch, downloading ultimate edition and doing the merge with it and using your resolution change fixed it so my game doesn't just crash when I try to fullscreen, even had no problems merging my save file, thanks for making such a convenient mod for the PC release bros

屍鬼 Ghoul
    Quote Originally Posted by NM64 View Post
    Is there a particular reason you aren't just using the "match desktop" option in order to, well, match your desktop aspect ratio rather than using the 16:9 setting?

I ask because "match desktop" was actually not the original labeling and it was changed after I thought the previous label was unclear, but if the current label is also unclear then perhaps we should change it again.

EDIT:...that being said, there should be black space above and below the image when using the 16:9 wide mode on a 16:10 display (the Intel 965GMA laptop I previously mentioned is a Core2 Duo-era laptop with a 16:10 screen as was standard at the time, and I'm typing this on a 5:4 monitor), so having white space could very well still be a bug.
    I did use the Match Desktop option, this is what I mean but I only notice it after I load my save.
    Last edited by TrainerRad164; July 27th, 2022 at 08:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimoks View Post
    gr4dy Search

[20111223](Fate) [20120131](Unlimited Blade works) [20120229](Heaven's Feel) (PCゲーム) [TYPE-MOON] Fate/stay night [Réalta Nua] for Windows

or

Fate/stay night [Realta Nua] for Windows

Hint
    Nyaa

This is exactly what I did that led me here, hah. But, I think I got it now Thank you!
    Last edited by gr4dy; July 27th, 2022 at 10:56 AM.

Got it all installed and working. Thank you again

Since I'm new to this, please forgive the silly question, but the voiced language in the game, is there no English? The text is in English, but the voices are still Japanese.

Whelp, the LInux Mint 21.0 beta bug-testing round was ended earlier than I expected (only after 13 days) and I only got around to properly testing and subsequently reporting half of the bugs... so I guess my attention is back to here.

Alyinghood, I don't suppose there's a need for me to do farther testing of OPs on other generation AMD GPU hardware? I've previously tested on HD 5000 series and HD 6000 series and, through a combination of discrete and integrated graphics, I have access to:

• HD 3000 series (not to be confused with Intel Sandy Bridge integrated graphics of the same name)
    • HD 4000 series (not to be confused with Intel Ivy Bridge integrated graphics of the same name)
    • HD 7000 series
    • Rx 200 series
    • RX Vega series

Quote Originally Posted by TrainerRad164 View Post
    I did use the Match Desktop option, this is what I mean but I only notice it after I load my save. https://i.ibb.co/hKrGmPb/Screenshot-...-00-000000.png
    Yeah uh, that's got to be a bug since, when using "match desktop", it's supposed to give you an image that, well, perfectly matches your desktop aspect ratio without any white or black bars or the like.

Quote Originally Posted by gr4dy View Post
    is there no English? The text is in English, but the voices are still Japanese.
    The VN was never released outside of Japan which is why 1. we need this patch in the first place and 2. why the awkward situation described on the previous page is even a thing (because Japanese people are expected to instead use the official iOS/Android version or maybe the digital-download package version I mentioned previously).

So there's definitely not going to be any English voice acting since, outside of the Japan, the official line seems to basically be as if the VN doesn't even exist.

EDIT: It may or may not be worth noting that voices can either be turned off (simply lower the voice volume slider to its lowest) or individual voices can be similarly turned off or had their volume adjusted (click the "Voices" button located above the voice volume bar).

Fun fact: the original 2004 PC release of the VN did not have any voices - that only became a thing with the "Realta Nua" versions beginning with the PS2 release (this is also why the optional H-scenes do not have any voices because only the original 2004 PC version had the H-scenes).
    Last edited by NM64; July 27th, 2022 at 04:50 PM.

Hi everyone!

I followed the update guides and have had no issue getting everything to work. I even played through the prologue and the first several days without issue. The issue I'm having is that in day 3 when Berserker attacks the cutscene that is supposed to play keeps giving me this error.

https://pasteboard.co/4Q1Q7jkAnJam.png

I'm not sure what the issue is as the other cutscenes play fine and I got this build from nyaa and updated everything as detailed. Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Also, I noticed in the thread that a lot of stuff can be fixed from the "patch" option in the game but I can't seem to find that in any menu or place in the game.

Big thanks in advance for any help!

Quote Originally Posted by rai View Post
    The issue I'm having is that in day 3 when Berserker attacks the cutscene that is supposed to play keeps giving me this error.

https://pasteboard.co/4Q1Q7jkAnJam.png
    An OP video is supposed to play at that point so you can probably work-around the issue by enabling "Patch" -> "Movie Content" -> "Skip movies in-game".

...that being said, presumably you had the corresponding OP video play after the prologue without issue? If so then that's a bit odd that the first OP could play but the second one couldn't...

屍鬼 Ghoul
    Quote Originally Posted by Bohemian Waxwing View Post
    The textual content menu options do not restart the current page, so you won't notice an immediate effect. It takes effect with the next page, I think.
    Okay so I try to do that with the Rin chanting but when I reach the part were she's about to summon Archer she still say in Japanese but then again her Chanting is in German when I reach the part where she's perform a command spell on Archer is that how it always has been?
    Last edited by TrainerRad164; July 27th, 2022 at 09:03 PM.