Page 28 of 47 FirstFirst ... 182326272829303338 ... LastLast
Results 541 to 560 of 922

Thread: Fate/Stay Night [Realta Nua] - Ultimate Edition - 2022

  1. #541
    Resident straight-male kuutsundere NM64's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Northeast Ohio
    Age
    32
    Posts
    2,125
    Quote Originally Posted by TrainerRad164 View Post
    Okay so I try to do that with the Rin chanting but when I reach the part were she's about to summon Archer she still say in Japanese but then again her Chanting is in German when I reach the part where she's perform a command spell on Archer is that how it always has been?
    There's only one specific scene where that setting applies. I don't remember exactly which scene it is but the first alternate non-H-scene is what I'm picturing if not some other alternate non-H-scene.

    To clarify, the setting only applies to a single scene because it's the only scene that has both Japanese language and German language versions (which is only because it was changed between different releases of the VN); all other scenes either have only Japanese or only German, not both.
    Beast Lair's resident straight-male kuutsundere
    (because just "tsundere" makes people think of "Shana clones" *shivers*)

    Fate/stay night-related extended music loops @ my YouTube channel

  2. #542
    屍鬼 Ghoul
    Join Date
    Jan 2022
    Location
    Singapore
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    32
    Quote Originally Posted by NM64 View Post
    There's only one specific scene where that setting applies. I don't remember exactly which scene it is but the first alternate non-H-scene is what I'm picturing if not some other alternate non-H-scene.

    To clarify, the setting only applies to a single scene because it's the only scene that has both Japanese language and German language versions (which is only because it was changed between different releases of the VN); all other scenes either have only Japanese or only German, not both.
    Okay thanks for clarifying.

  3. #543
    Everything was running fine until I got to the part where Tohsaka is summoning her servant and the game locks up and I get an exception. I can't do anything else but go back to my previous save (like an hour ago) or just quit. What should I do to fix this or move beyond it?

    Here's what it says in the krkr.console.log:

    22:49:19 ==== An exception occured at patch_layer.tjs(198)[(function) setImageSize], VM ip = 115 ====
    22:49:19 -- Disassembled VM code --
    22:49:19 #(198) return super.setImageSize(...);
    22:49:19 00000115 calld %3, %2.*12(...) // *12 = (string)"setImageSize"
    22:49:19 -- Register dump --
    22:49:19 %-5=(int)9989 %-4=(int)39956 %-3=(int)43924 %-2=(object)(object 0x00F3B2A4:0x00000000)
    22:49:19 %-1=(object)(object 0x405D4C50:0x405D4C50) %0=(void)
    22:49:19 %1=(object)(object 0x011C64F8:0x00000000) %2=(object)(object 0x07D7C370:0x00000000)
    22:49:19 %3=(void) %4=(int)0
    22:49:19 --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    22:49:19 trace : patch_hd_layer.tjs(533)[(function) setImageSize_patch_hd_layer] <-- patch_hd_layer.tjs(1123)[(function) upscale] <-- patch_hd_layer.tjs(1027)[(function) loadImages] <-- patch_textdrawer_override.tjs(188)[(function) loadImages] <-- KAGLayer.tjs(129)[(function) loadImages] <-- Override.tjs(5597)[(function) loadImages] <-- AnimationLayer.tjs(495)[(function) loadImages] <-- Override.tjs(2824)[(function) loadImages] <-- GraphicLayer.tjs(71)[(function) loadImages] <-- ConditionPlugin.ks(640)[(function) loadImages] <-- ConditionPlugin.ks(1011)[(function expression) (anonymous)] <-- init.tjs(905)[(function expression) (anonymous)] <-- init.tjs(1029)[(function expression) (anonymous)] <-- Conductor.tjs(482)[(function) onTag] <-- patch_conductor.tjs(641)[(function) onTag] <-- patch_tag_stream_mutate.tjs(101)[(function) onTag] <-- patch_skip.tjs(72)[(function) onTag] <-- Conductor.tjs(112)[(function) timerCallback]
    22:49:19 An error occurred.
    File: プロローグ1日目.ks Line: 2242
    Tag: fg (← might be the tag before or after the error)
    Cannot allocate memory for Bitmap : at TVPAllocBitmapBits (size=-1569825176(43924x39956))
    22:49:19 Exception: An error occurred.
    File: プロローグ1日目.ks Line: 2242
    Tag: fg (← might be the tag before or after the error)
    Cannot allocate memory for Bitmap : at TVPAllocBitmapBits (size=-1569825176(43924x39956))

    Things I tried:

    Running as administrator
    Checking skip in-game movies
    Matching the patch checksums so ensure I have the right patches

    Aaaaand a complete re-install fixed it? Weird.
    Last edited by gr4dy; July 27th, 2022 at 11:39 PM.

  4. #544
    I've been running this fine on Android for a few days. However I'm not sure if it's running at HD since kirikiroid2 isn't displaying an option to select a resolution. Would I need a workaround for that, ie merging xp3s? Besides that thanks for the project!

  5. #545
    I've been quite busy for the past few days due to a certain platform doing an invasive update…

    ---

    Quote Originally Posted by NM64 View Post

    The main thing that's actually tripping me up is the "pow" and the ", 3)" - even in the advanced or scientific modes the calculator programs I'm using don't have a "pow" button and I have no clue what a comma means.
    Power makes usage of exponent (not to be confused with exponential function or exp).

    For example pow(x, 3) is x^3 or x cubed.

    Quote Originally Posted by NM64 View Post
    Don't suppose you know what GPU it is, if not at least which generation? (though some low-end cards are architecturally from previous gens) In particular, since I've only tested the issue on HD5000 and HD6000 architectures (both of which are very similar - you can think of it like Ivy Bridge's iGPU vs Haswell's iGPU), there's still a distinct possibility that GCN-based stuff (HD7000 until Vega) behaves differently, not to mentioned stuff from the HD4000 series and earlier.
    I haven't checked on this yet, mainly because the physical hardware is at another location. I know it is a FirePro series card.


    Quote Originally Posted by NM64 View Post
    Alyinghood, I don't suppose there's a need for me to do farther testing of OPs on other generation AMD GPU hardware? I've previously tested on HD 5000 series and HD 6000 series and, through a combination of discrete and integrated graphics, I have access to:

    • HD 3000 series (not to be confused with Intel Sandy Bridge integrated graphics of the same name)
    • HD 4000 series (not to be confused with Intel Ivy Bridge integrated graphics of the same name)
    • HD 7000 series
    • Rx 200 series
    • RX Vega series

    I don't need it.

    Also, I have fixed the underlying bug resulting in it hanging on a black screen when movie playback fails. When movie playback fails, it will now simply skip it. This fix will appear in the next update.

    Quote Originally Posted by CerebralPolicy View Post
    I've been running this fine on Android for a few days. However I'm not sure if it's running at HD since kirikiroid2 isn't displaying an option to select a resolution. Would I need a workaround for that, ie merging xp3s? Besides that thanks for the project!
    HD patch is forcably disabled due to unfixable bugs in Kirikiroid2.

    In the future, we will release our own Android version which will support the HD mode.

  6. #546
    Quote Originally Posted by Alyinghood View Post
    HD patch is forcably disabled due to unfixable bugs in Kirikiroid2.

    In the future, we will release our own Android version which will support the HD mode.
    Looking forward to that, thanks!

  7. #547
    Resident straight-male kuutsundere NM64's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Northeast Ohio
    Age
    32
    Posts
    2,125
    Quote Originally Posted by Alyinghood View Post
    I've been quite busy for the past few days due to a certain platform doing an invasive update…
    Unless I'm completely mis-interpreting your statement, but I can't help but feel like there's a bit of "Stockholm syndrome" going on in "Windows land" that's only becoming more and more apparent as time goes on...

    (Imma let people in on a bit of a secret: I actually cheat and use WINE a lot for various programs since, more and more, it "just works". And reminder, unlike someone like Alyinghood or Quibi, I cannot code worth a darn and, while I know how to use a terminal, I barely remember commands outside of "reboot" and "ping" yet even then I'm finding Linux, at least Linux Mint, to be much more of a direct successor to the likes of Windows 7 in terms of how one actually interacts with their PC through files and folders and menus and general GUI stuff compared to newer versions of Windows).


    Quote Originally Posted by Alyinghood View Post
    Power makes usage of exponent (not to be confused with exponential function or exp). For example pow(x, 3) is x^3 or x cubed.
    Ohhhhhhh it never even occured to me that "POW" = "to the n power". Good to know!


    Quote Originally Posted by Alyinghood View Post
    I know it is a FirePro series card.
    Oh, well, unfortunately that's not that useful information-wise as that's basically equivalent of saying "it's a Radeon card" as FirePro was simply ATI/AMD's professional equivalent of Radeon... at least until more recent years (basically around the time of Ryzen CPUs).

    So at least it's confirmation that it's a slightly older GPU, but it does make me a little concerned in that pro GPUs tended to get a different driver stack than consumer GPUs. I know on recent pro GPUs you can optionally install and/or run the consumer drivers instead, but I don't know if that was the case back when FirePro was still a thing.


    Quote Originally Posted by Alyinghood View Post
    Also, I have fixed the underlying bug resulting in it hanging on a black screen when movie playback fails. When movie playback fails, it will now simply skip it.
    Does this include older GPUs that don't support OpenGL 2.x, such as the Intel 965GMA found on Core 2 Duo systems from ~2007?
    Last edited by NM64; July 29th, 2022 at 10:47 PM.
    Beast Lair's resident straight-male kuutsundere
    (because just "tsundere" makes people think of "Shana clones" *shivers*)

    Fate/stay night-related extended music loops @ my YouTube channel

  8. #548
    Quote Originally Posted by NM64 View Post
    Does this include older GPUs that don't support OpenGL 2.x, such as the Intel 965GMA found on Core 2 Duo systems from ~2007?
    Yes.

  9. #549
    This is probably going to sound really dumb, but where do I go to select the 'Patch' option? I haven't been able to find it in game and going to the files there is only the patch.xp3 which doesn't open (of course).

    Dunno what I'm missing as I've even replaced the files again with the updates again.

    Also, yeah I watched the in game "movies" from the prologue and they're even showing up in the movies section. Idk what to do lol

  10. #550
    Quote Originally Posted by rai View Post
    This is probably going to sound really dumb, but where do I go to select the 'Patch' option? I haven't been able to find it in game and going to the files there is only the patch.xp3 which doesn't open (of course).

    Dunno what I'm missing as I've even replaced the files again with the updates again.

    Also, yeah I watched the in game "movies" from the prologue and they're even showing up in the movies section. Idk what to do lol
    The top menu bar. If you aren't able to see it, move your mouse cursor to the top of the screen.

  11. #551
    Resident straight-male kuutsundere NM64's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Northeast Ohio
    Age
    32
    Posts
    2,125
    I'm not sure if my question flew under the radar or if nobody really has any insight into the matter, so let's try this again...

    Quote Originally Posted by NM64 View Post
    Apologies for the double-post but on the subject of music change suggestions, am I crazy or is the supposedly "remix" version of "Link" (both the full and short versions) the same as the original, non-remixed versions?

    Because, despite there not being a "2012" version, there is a reproduction mix that exists on the "2012" OST but we don't seem to be using it AFAICT (this would be in a manner similar to "The End of The Dream" where we use the reproduction mix since it doesn't have a "2012" version).

    I don't suppose this is something I should also put together?
    Beast Lair's resident straight-male kuutsundere
    (because just "tsundere" makes people think of "Shana clones" *shivers*)

    Fate/stay night-related extended music loops @ my YouTube channel

  12. #552
    屍鬼 Ghoul
    Join Date
    Jan 2022
    Location
    Singapore
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    32
    So I think I found a bug, not sure if it is but after I finished the Prologue the opening did play but I noticed some screen tearing even though I turned on V-Sync plus there are no subtitles appearing when the movie is playing even though I turned on the subtitles.

    Quote Originally Posted by TrainerRad164 View Post
    Specking of wide screen mode I noticed that the background isn't really on wide screen but it is a crop version of the original image which I find abit disappointing because I kinda want that feeling that I'm playing a remastered version of the original visual novel. but then again the crop image also applys to the official psvita and mobile version of Realta Nua.

    Not sure you guys want to do commission to redo all the background image into wide screen version but I have a feeling it most likely will not and it's going to be tedious for you guys.
    I will love to hear your opinion on this if you guys don't mind.

    Also, can I make a suggestion? Do you guys consider putting some of the Fate/Stay Night Anime OST in the VN? Because I think some of the soundtracks would work very well in the VN.
    Last edited by TrainerRad164; July 31st, 2022 at 07:14 AM.

  13. #553
    Resident straight-male kuutsundere NM64's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Northeast Ohio
    Age
    32
    Posts
    2,125
    I really don't think we'll be doing any native widescreen images because the images we're using are not edited in any way expect for being ran through super-fancy upscaling and/or combining the chroma and luma from two different image sources - both of which are automated processes (except for a trained eye inspecting the results). We would need an artist in order to actually draw the additional pixels for the artwork and, AFAIK, we don't have a skilled artist around that'd be willing to do so.

    Also I question the benefit when more and more screen aspect ratios are moving away from 16:9 but in both directions - laptops and tablets are becoming taller (16:10, 3:2, 4:3, etc) while desktops and phones are becoming wider (2:1, 21:9, etc).

    So even if we had native widescreen versions of the backgrounds and the like, that puts us into another pickle in that, if we don't go all the way for ultrawide ratios, then the issue will continue to persist. At the same time, those aforementioned taller ratios on laptops and tablets makes the benefit of doing such a thing less and less beneficial, and I'd argue that tablets and 2-in-1 laptops are probably the ideal form-factor for reading VNs anyway (see also: ebook readers).


    As for music from the anime, don't count on it - all music currently implemented are used because they're already used in various official releases of the VN in one form or another or are official remixes of existing songs that are already used in the VN (as is the case with "The End of the Dream" - the 'Reproduction Mix' isn't used in a VN but it's included on the "2012" OST of remixed songs used in the Vita/mobile version, so it seemed silly to not use it because there isn't even a "2012" remix of "The End of the Dream")

    One issue in particular is that the vast majority of the music used in the anime are unique songs that are not remixes of existing songs, meaning much work would have to go into deciding where and how to use what given song in what scenes and/or in-place of what existing songs, but the VN has more songs than the anime (especially when including the Realta Nua songs) so...

    Additionally, we would need seamless looping information for each song, and not all of the anime songs nicely loop as-is and would require editing. Now obviously this is something I've done in the past for several songs and I definitely have the skill to do this but, I'll be honest, it's really not something I want to do, especially considering the other stuff I just mentioned that would make such a task of using the anime music kind of impractical.


    EDIT: BTW if you don't already know, for the remixed "2012" songs we're simply using the existing loop information as well as even the song files themselves from the mobile version of the VN directly as-is, and the couple exceptions are the aforementioned 'Reproduction mix' song(s) as well as one or two songs that provided higher-quality versions of (generally the mobile copies of the songs have better dynamic range, but the "2012" version of "Into the Night" actually has better dynamic range on the OST so I had previously put together a looping version of that using the OST version).
    Last edited by NM64; July 31st, 2022 at 02:18 AM.
    Beast Lair's resident straight-male kuutsundere
    (because just "tsundere" makes people think of "Shana clones" *shivers*)

    Fate/stay night-related extended music loops @ my YouTube channel

  14. #554
    Quote Originally Posted by Alyinghood View Post
    The top menu bar. If you aren't able to see it, move your mouse cursor to the top of the screen.
    Big thankies.

    So, I did that (as far as I can tell as my options are still mostly in Japanese) and I got the same error. It's really weird because idk why this is where the game is getting hung up on.

    Here is a screenshot of my settings so if this isn't correct please let me know.

    https://pasteboard.co/dOx9ch608pJD.png

  15. #555
    屍鬼 Ghoul
    Join Date
    Jan 2022
    Location
    Singapore
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    32
    Quote Originally Posted by NM64 View Post
    I really don't think we'll be doing any native widescreen images because the images we're using are not edited in any way expect for being ran through super-fancy upscaling and/or combining the chroma and luma from two different image sources - both of which are automated processes (except for a trained eye inspecting the results). We would need an artist in order to actually draw the additional pixels for the artwork and, AFAIK, we don't have a skilled artist around that'd be willing to do so.

    Also I question the benefit when more and more screen aspect ratios are moving away from 16:9 but in both directions - laptops and tablets are becoming taller (16:10, 3:2, 4:3, etc) while desktops and phones are becoming wider (2:1, 21:9, etc).

    So even if we had native widescreen versions of the backgrounds and the like, that puts us into another pickle in that, if we don't go all the way for ultrawide ratios, then the issue will continue to persist. At the same time, those aforementioned taller ratios on laptops and tablets makes the benefit of doing such a thing less and less beneficial, and I'd argue that tablets and 2-in-1 laptops are probably the ideal form-factor for reading VNs anyway (see also: ebook readers).


    As for music from the anime, don't count on it - all music currently implemented are used because they're already used in various official releases of the VN in one form or another or are official remixes of existing songs that are already used in the VN (as is the case with "The End of the Dream" - the 'Reproduction Mix' isn't used in a VN but it's included on the "2012" OST of remixed songs used in the Vita/mobile version, so it seemed silly to not use it because there isn't even a "2012" remix of "The End of the Dream")

    One issue in particular is that the vast majority of the music used in the anime are unique songs that are not remixes of existing songs, meaning much work would have to go into deciding where and how to use what given song in what scenes and/or in-place of what existing songs, but the VN has more songs than the anime (especially when including the Realta Nua songs) so...

    Additionally, we would need seamless looping information for each song, and not all of the anime songs nicely loop as-is and would require editing. Now obviously this is something I've done in the past for several songs and I definitely have the skill to do this but, I'll be honest, it's really not something I want to do, especially considering the other stuff I just mentioned that would make such a task of using the anime music kind of impractical.


    EDIT: BTW if you don't already know, for the remixed "2012" songs we're simply using the existing loop information as well as even the song files themselves from the mobile version of the VN directly as-is, and the couple exceptions are the aforementioned 'Reproduction mix' song(s) as well as one or two songs that provided higher-quality versions of (generally the mobile copies of the songs have better dynamic range, but the "2012" version of "Into the Night" actually has better dynamic range on the OST so I had previously put together a looping version of that using the OST version).
    Alright, thanks for explaining. But then again what was the purpose of including widescreen mode in the first place? You might as well put it that the VN is always meant to be read in 4:3.

    Quote Originally Posted by TrainerRad164 View Post
    So I think I found a bug, not sure if it is but after I finished the Prologue the opening did play but I noticed some screen tearing even though I turned on V-Sync plus there are no subtitles appearing when the movie is playing even though I turned on the subtitles.
    I'm putting this here again just in case someone wants to reply.
    Last edited by TrainerRad164; July 31st, 2022 at 07:16 AM.

  16. #556
    Switch on the Holy Night Quibi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,374
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by NM64 View Post
    Apologies for the double-post but on the subject of music change suggestions, am I crazy or is the supposedly "remix" version of "Link" (both the full and short versions) the same as the original, non-remixed versions?

    Because, despite there not being a "2012" version, there is a reproduction mix that exists on the "2012" OST but we don't seem to be using it AFAICT (this would be in a manner similar to "The End of The Dream" where we use the reproduction mix since it doesn't have a "2012" version).

    I don't suppose this is something I should also put together?
    The files are different by they do sound similar.
    Yeah go ahead.

  17. #557
    Could we get another site for the files or a torrent file? It is no longer possible to download all the patches (without waiting) as a free account on Mega.

  18. #558
    Quote Originally Posted by rai View Post
    Big thankies.

    So, I did that (as far as I can tell as my options are still mostly in Japanese) and I got the same error. It's really weird because idk why this is where the game is getting hung up on.

    Here is a screenshot of my settings so if this isn't correct please let me know.

    https://pasteboard.co/dOx9ch608pJD.png
    Update patch_lang_english.xp3.

    Quote Originally Posted by Arilando View Post
    Could we get another site for the files or a torrent file? It is no longer possible to download all the patches (without waiting) as a free account on Mega.


    This is planned.

    Quote Originally Posted by TrainerRad164 View Post
    So I think I found a bug, not sure if it is but after I finished the Prologue the opening did play but I noticed some screen tearing even though I turned on V-Sync plus there are no subtitles appearing when the movie is playing even though I turned on the subtitles.
    Subtitle support is implemented, but there are no subtitles at the moment.

  19. #559
    Resident straight-male kuutsundere NM64's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Northeast Ohio
    Age
    32
    Posts
    2,125
    Quote Originally Posted by TrainerRad164 View Post
    But then again what was the purpose of including widescreen mode in the first place? You might as well put it that the VN is always meant to be read in 4:3.
    Our implementation is basically a re-implementation of how it works on the Vita, albeit with the additional ability to work with ratios between 4:3 and 16:9 as well.

    Also, the widescreen functionality was kind of Quibi's "pet project" back in the day and AFAIK was basically the very first additional feature over the existing PC Realta Nua English insertion patches that eventually led to the development of "Ultimate Edition", so I imagine that the widescreen is a feature that Quibi really likes.

    So if we did have a skilled artist, I'm going to go out on the limb and guess that Quibi actually would prefer if they could try to make natively widescreen versions.
    Beast Lair's resident straight-male kuutsundere
    (because just "tsundere" makes people think of "Shana clones" *shivers*)

    Fate/stay night-related extended music loops @ my YouTube channel

  20. #560
    Hi guys, I'm posting this because I ran into an error, it happened in day 15 of Heaven's Feel, when Shirou tries to replicate Berserker's weapon the game freezes and this error pops up

    file://./d/fate/faterealtanua_savedata/excepted/20220600133654/unarchived/krkr.console.log
    file://./d/fate/faterealtanua_savedata/excepted/20220600133654/unarchived/hwexcept.log
    file://./d/fate/faterealtanua_savedata/excepted/20220600133654/unarchived/last_log.console.log
    file://./d/fate/faterealtanua_savedata/excepted/20220600133654/unarchived/data.kdt
    file://./d/fate/faterealtanua_savedata/excepted/20220600133654/unarchived//excepted/20220600133654/unarchived/datasu/ksd
    file://./d/fate/faterealtanua_savedata/excepted/20220600133654/unarchived/paths_base_dirlist.ksc
    file://./d/fate/faterealtanua_savedata/excepted/20220600133654/unarchived/paths_base_dirlistex.ksc
    file://./d/fate/faterealtanua_savedata/excepted/20220600133654/unarchived/dxdiag.ksc

    I don't know what to do it is the first time this happens and my first time playing the novel

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •