Page 37 of 38 FirstFirst ... 273235363738 LastLast
Results 721 to 740 of 750

Thread: Fate/Stay Night [Realta Nua] - Ultimate Edition - 2022

  1. #721
    I have no idea what went wrong. Tried installing the Ultimate Edition several times today but everytime I open the game, the screen is completely white. Sound still plays and you can still interact with the menus and stuff, but nothing is shown.
    I tried several different methods (pre-patched version and replacing patches manually, separate files merged with the installer) but the game always shows a white screen.



    Any idea what the issue might be?
    Last edited by Ryasson; September 18th, 2022 at 03:35 PM. Reason: Image not shown

  2. #722
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryasson View Post
    I have no idea what went wrong. Tried installing the Ultimate Edition several times today but everytime I open the game, the screen is completely white. Sound still plays and you can still interact with the menus and stuff, but nothing is shown.
    I tried several different methods (pre-patched version and replacing patches manually, separate files merged with the installer) but the game always shows a white screen.



    Any idea what the issue might be?
    Please select the menu option Patch->Tools->Upload troubleshooting data

    A window should open. Please upload the file "exception.zip" to a file hosting service, such as https://ttm.sh/

  3. #723
    Quote Originally Posted by Alyinghood View Post
    Please select the menu option Patch->Tools->Upload troubleshooting data

    A window should open. Please upload the file "exception.zip" to a file hosting service, such as https://ttm.sh/
    Here is the uploaded file: https://ttm.sh/q8F.zip

    Edit: I just tried the pre-patched torrent from the old thread without changing any of the patches and the white screen is still there. I think the issue might be my computer.
    Last edited by Ryasson; September 18th, 2022 at 04:11 PM.

  4. #724
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryasson View Post
    Here is the uploaded file: https://ttm.sh/q8F.zip

    Edit: I just tried the pre-patched torrent from the old thread without changing any of the patches and the white screen is still there. I think the issue might be my computer.
    There appears to be an issue with initialization of Direct3D9.

    Please try the following:

    Use DDU to uninstall the graphics drivers: https://www.guru3d.com/files-details...-download.html

    Install the driver for the Intel(R) HD Graphics 630: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us.../graphics.html

    Install the driver for the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060: https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/drivers/

    Install the DirectX runtime: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/down...s.aspx?id=8109

  5. #725
    Quote Originally Posted by Alyinghood View Post
    There appears to be an issue with initialization of Direct3D9.

    Please try the following:
    So I had actually redownloaded the pre-patched version and used a locale japanese emulator for the first start-up. For some reason the game started without the white screen. Restarting the game without the emulator afterwards still works fine.

    I did the same with the installer, using a locale emulator for the first start-up and no issues as well. No idea why that seems to work though. I've tried this previously as well without results...

    Sorry for the troubles, at least the issue seems to be resolved for now. Should the problem re-appear, I'll try re-installing the drivers first.

  6. #726
    Quote Originally Posted by Quibi View Post
    Hey, New patch is out - version 1.1.1.
    Check first post for details.
    Since we made changes in all the patches - please redownload all patches if you're upgrading.
    Hey, sorry to the bother u but how exactly is one supposed to install fate/ha ultimate edition?

    the installation guide in the ha translation thread is from 2014 for the old ISO mounting version, which i also have installed.

    is there any way to install the hd patch to the old version or could u point me somewhere i could learn how install the ultimate edition separately? thank you.

  7. #727
    Resident straight-male kuutsundere NM64's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Northeast Ohio
    Age
    32
    Posts
    2,113
    Quote Originally Posted by hiera View Post
    Hey, sorry to the bother u but how exactly is one supposed to install fate/ha ultimate edition?

    the installation guide in the ha translation thread is from 2014 for the old ISO mounting version, which i also have installed.
    As is mentioned in Quibi's signature, it is experimental (and actually hasn't really been kept up to date) so it doesn't have a dedicated forum thread at this time.

    You can find instructions in the "README-patches.html" file in the MEGA link for F/ha ultimate edition (due to funkiness with MEGA, you need to actually download that readme file in order to view it correctly).
    Beast Lair's resident straight-male kuutsundere
    (because just "tsundere" makes people think of "Shana clones" *shivers*)

    Fate/stay night-related extended music loops @ my YouTube channel

  8. #728
    Hello! I made an account just to thank you all for your hard work! This latest version was very easy to get running on steam deck. I just made a portable install on a windows 11 machine, copied the game folder to my steam deck, pointed steam at the exe, and told it to run with proton GE. No bugs so far! Finally gonna play the visual novel.

  9. #729
    Resident straight-male kuutsundere NM64's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Northeast Ohio
    Age
    32
    Posts
    2,113
    I would just like to point out to the others that the Steam Deck is also using a taller-than-16:9 display (16:10 in this case), similarly resulting in the "match desktop" function providing benefit over the plain "16:9" setting.

    ...OK I should probably stop doing this sort of "See? I told you I wasn't crazy!" kind of thing; I think I've been vindicated enough on the taller-than-16:9 aspect ratio thing.

    I will at least also say that our move over to using embedded mpv for the OPs is certainly a timely change for having them "just work" on Linux and subsequently SteamOS and the Steam Deck.
    Beast Lair's resident straight-male kuutsundere
    (because just "tsundere" makes people think of "Shana clones" *shivers*)

    Fate/stay night-related extended music loops @ my YouTube channel

  10. #730
    I would just like to point out to the others that the Steam Deck is also using a taller-than-16:9 display (16:10 in this case), similarly resulting in the "match desktop" function providing benefit over the plain "16:9" setting.
    The match desktop is greatly appreciated, I was certain that would be a pain.

    I will at least also say that our move over to using embedded mpv for the OPs is certainly a timely change for having them "just work" on Linux and subsequently SteamOS and the Steam Deck.
    And yeah, I tried an older version first and had the fade to white prologue error. Couldn’t disable the movies cause steam deck automatically launches in fullscreen.

  11. #731
    Resident straight-male kuutsundere NM64's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Northeast Ohio
    Age
    32
    Posts
    2,113
    Random Steam Deck + F/sn question: is F/sn lightweight enough that the fan on the Steam Deck remains off in the default power configuration, or do you need to manually set the Steam Deck's power limit to a lower value to manage that?

    I'm just thinking that any VN should be pretty darned lightweight to be able to run with passive cooling with relative ease since it's the sort of thing that normally can run on single core CPUs from the early 2000s... at least natively on Windows since wine/proton will increase CPU usage (but it shouldn't be to such a degree to be an issue considering that each individual Zen2 core in the Steam Deck are quite literally something like two to four times faster than those aforementioned single-core CPUs depending on clockrate).


    Additionally, there's also the option to reduce the frame rate of the VN which could also help with fanless operation, especially since v1.1.1 even added the option of a 40fps cap setting (something I just recently vouched for) which would be especially useful when similarly setting the Steam Deck itself to 40Hz (though that'd probably cause the OPs to look like a telecine-judder'd mess ...at least currently since, in theory, we might be able to make the embedded mpv present video frames in a fancier way to avoid telecine judder)


    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple View Post
    The match desktop is greatly appreciated, I was certain that would be a pain.
    May I ask why you say it'd be a pain? Do you just mean the black bars that would be present when running the VN at either 4:3 or 16:9?
    Beast Lair's resident straight-male kuutsundere
    (because just "tsundere" makes people think of "Shana clones" *shivers*)

    Fate/stay night-related extended music loops @ my YouTube channel

  12. #732
    Yep, fan remains off by default. I’ve tried tweaking power settings and refresh rate a bit, but the projected battery life (about 7 hours) doesn’t really go up. Which is a sign of good optimization I guess.

    And I thought it’d be a pain because the steam deck has 800 vertical pixels, which is hard to get a 4:3 aspect ratio out of. So I was worried about black bars all around. Not sure how to switch to 16:9 either, since the top menu bar doesn’t seem to exist on steam deck. Maybe if I launch the game while in desktop mode…

  13. #733
    Resident straight-male kuutsundere NM64's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Northeast Ohio
    Age
    32
    Posts
    2,113
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple View Post
    Yep, fan remains off by default. I’ve tried tweaking power settings and refresh rate a bit, but the projected battery life (about 7 hours) doesn’t really go up.
    It's my understanding that 7 hours is basically the maximum that one can get. At least on the SOC side of things, the Zen2 cores end up being the power-consumption bottleneck at lower power levels, but I wouldn't be surprised if the screen and RAM and SSD and all of the general components also then become a noticeable factor as such low power consumption.


    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple View Post
    Which is a sign of good optimization I guess.
    I'm guessing you mean on the proton side of things because, fun fact, I read the original 2004 non-ultimate edition of the VN on a mere Athlon XP usually underclocked to 1.3GHz; the Zen2 cores in the Steam Deck have something like 3 times the per-GHz performance as that (though these are the L3-reduced 4MB mobile Zen2 versions which hurts performance a bit compared to their full-fat 16MB L3 desktop counterparts since Zen/Ryzen seems to love cache).


    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple View Post
    And I thought it’d be a pain because the steam deck has 800 vertical pixels, which is hard to get a 4:3 aspect ratio out of. So I was worried about black bars all around.
    For reference, "black bars all around" is what is known as "window-box". But that shouldn't have been an issue for a couple of reasons:


    1. ultimate edition, when running in "high quality" mode, has a native render resolution of at least 960p (depending on which "patch_hd" you downloaded)
    2. gamescope upscales or downscales the output image to the full screen regardless of resolution




    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple View Post
    Not sure how to switch to 16:9 either, since the top menu bar doesn’t seem to exist on steam deck. Maybe if I launch the game while in desktop mode…
    On desktop the top menu bar appears if you move the mouse cursor to the top of the screen, but gamescope does some funky stuff with that style of menu as I've previously mentioned here:



    Now it is my impression that gamescope treats such menus as a different window and that SteamOS, at some point in the last few months, added a function or something to switch between windows when not in desktop mode, so perhaps try moving the mouse cursor to the top of the screen and then use the aforementioned change windows function?

    Alternatively, maybe try a variation of what I mentioned in that above link, specifically move the cursor to the very top-left corner and do a mouse left-click; if that does nothing, then do a mouse left-click again; if it still does nothing, then do a mouse double-left-click (i.e. the action one normally does to launch a program on a Windows or Linux desktop).

    BTW, on the subject of that above github issue, I don't suppose you could do me a very quick favor and try True Remembrance on the Steam Deck? One thing I'm particularly interested in is how it displays on-screen in fullscreen in non-desktop mode (e.g. does it preserve the aspect ratio and upscale vertically, does it stretch to the full screen, or does it leave it small and unscaled?), though you're welcome to also try it in the non-desktop mode if you're willing to risk being unable to quit.

    (and FYI, if you have any actual interest in reading True Remembrance, then you'd probably want to use the newer waifu2x'd Ren'py port instead which, like all semi-modern Ren'py VNs, has a native Linux version... unless you wanted to use the patch that adds the 3DS-exclusive content which only works with the older non-Ren'py version that I used in my above github link EDIT: though it seems like there's another 3DS sprite-port to the Ren'py version located in the post directly below the post that has the Ren'py download link)
    Last edited by NM64; September 22nd, 2022 at 04:06 PM.
    Beast Lair's resident straight-male kuutsundere
    (because just "tsundere" makes people think of "Shana clones" *shivers*)

    Fate/stay night-related extended music loops @ my YouTube channel

  14. #734
    Quote Originally Posted by NM64 View Post
    Random Steam Deck + F/sn question: is F/sn lightweight enough that the fan on the Steam Deck remains off in the default power configuration, or do you need to manually set the Steam Deck's power limit to a lower value to manage that?
    If the ambient temperature is high enough or the system is charging, no.

    Due to the fast that the charging IC in the Steam Deck emits quite a bit of heat, it will continue to spin to avoid hardware damage.

    Quote Originally Posted by NM64 View Post
    It's my understanding that 7 hours is basically the maximum that one can get. At least on the SOC side of things, the Zen2 cores end up being the power-consumption bottleneck at lower power levels, but I wouldn't be surprised if the screen and RAM and SSD and all of the general components also then become a noticeable factor as such low power consumption.
    It is possible to get even more battery life by doing the following:
    1. underclocking both CPU and GPU. With something like PowerTools these options can be exposed to the user easily.
    2. lowering screen brightness
    3. turning off Wifi and Bluetooth
    Last edited by Alyinghood; September 22nd, 2022 at 07:23 PM.

  15. #735
    Resident straight-male kuutsundere NM64's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Northeast Ohio
    Age
    32
    Posts
    2,113
    Quote Originally Posted by Alyinghood View Post
    Due to the fast that the charging IC in the Steam Deck emits quite a bit of heat, it will continue to spin to avoid hardware damage.
    Do you have a Steam Deck yourself? Because if you don't, then you may have missed the memo that Valve updated the fan curve that results in it being generally quieter and even providing fanless/passive operation under low load which is what pineapple seems to be confirming.

    Also I'm well aware of the power delivery/charging hotspot, but that hotspot was tested under load and/or charging, not under light discharging load - an aspect that many people were touting as the reason for the loud fan and supposed danger to fanless/passive operation before Valve themselves put out the updated fan curve software update a few months back.

    (for reference I had been keeping major tabs on the subject of fanless/passive operation on the Steam Deck because a friend of mine was possibly interested in one after they had gotten a Ryzen 4800U OneXPlayer but were displeased with its loud fan noise; and note that this friend is the same friend that I get all of my used PC hardware from including the Intel 965GMA, Intel HD3000 Sandy Bridge, Geforce 6600GT, Geforce 8400GS, Radeon HD 4670, Radeon HD5450, Radeon HD5870, Radeon HD7850, AMD E-350, and AMD A8-7600 - you know, all of the GPUs I was doing the OP testing with... also he straight-up gave me that aforementioned Ryzen 4800U OneXPlayer which is why I moved over to Linux Mint because the 4800U has no Win7 GPU drivers and it was easier to import my existing Win7 OS installation into VirtualBox via Disk2vhd v2.01, v2.02 didn't work on Win7, set to not use vhdx as I've been using the OneXPlayer as an improvised SFF PC located outside of the room and running long cables with the door closed to keep the heat out in summer; oh and yes the fans are loud enough I can even hear them with the door closed so I had to take the back off and rig up some 120mm desktop PC case fans instead)
    Beast Lair's resident straight-male kuutsundere
    (because just "tsundere" makes people think of "Shana clones" *shivers*)

    Fate/stay night-related extended music loops @ my YouTube channel

  16. #736
    Quote Originally Posted by NM64 View Post
    Do you have a Steam Deck yourself?
    Yes.

  17. #737
    Resident straight-male kuutsundere NM64's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Northeast Ohio
    Age
    32
    Posts
    2,113
    Quote Originally Posted by Alyinghood View Post
    Yes.
    Huh. Well, um, pineapple still was reporting that the fan wasn't cranking up, so, um, I'm unsure what to say.

    I don't suppose you live in like Arizona or something?

    - - - Updated - - -

    This also means that I could have just straight-up asked you those Steam Deck questions I guess...

    (btw, since you're a coding genius, I don't suppose you have any idea on the source of the stuttering problems that people have with Dolphin on the Steam Deck as mentioned in this forum thread on the Dolphin forums? Refer to the last couple of pages for insight into what I'm talking about.)
    Beast Lair's resident straight-male kuutsundere
    (because just "tsundere" makes people think of "Shana clones" *shivers*)

    Fate/stay night-related extended music loops @ my YouTube channel

  18. #738
    The PSV version was discontinued ? I don't have time to play at home, I'd really like to play it on PSV but the .VPK file link is broken and I couldn't find any mirror for it

  19. #739
    Quote Originally Posted by IXXSlashXXI View Post
    The PSV version was discontinued ? I don't have time to play at home, I'd really like to play it on PSV but the .VPK file link is broken and I couldn't find any mirror for it
    You can find the latest information for that here: https://alyinghood.github.io/fsnrnue-multiplatform/

  20. #740
    I checked a few things for the latest version (though clearly not as much stuff as I did last time) and I once again compiled the little bit I found:
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •