Page 51 of 70 FirstFirst ... 414649505152535661 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 1392

Thread: Fate/Stay Night [Realta Nua] - Ultimate Edition - 2022

I recently reinstalled the game after using a version of this from late 2020 and am now getting a couple weird text issues. Mainly from what I've seen contractions have an extra space, line breaks are a little odd, and dashes overlap a bit. I haven't really played much more yet to know if anything else is happening.

I'm using my saves from around 2020 (and had to delete the but otherwise just downloaded the current installer and patches including the hd1600 patch though it's still doing this at low quality. Am I missing a font on my computer or something? I'm on windows 10 21H2 (19044.2604) with Japanese language/fonts installed but windows display language and the old applocale stuff left on English (United States).

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by MagusDraco View Post
    I recently reinstalled the game after using a version of this from late 2020 and am now getting a couple weird text issues. Mainly from what I've seen contractions have an extra space, line breaks are a little odd, and dashes overlap a bit. I haven't really played much more yet to know if anything else is happening.

I'm using my saves from around 2020 (and had to delete the but otherwise just downloaded the current installer and patches including the hd1600 patch though it's still doing this at low quality. Am I missing a font on my computer or something? I'm on windows 10 21H2 (19044.2604) with Japanese language/fonts installed but windows display language and the old applocale stuff left on English (United States).

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    Change the font to a proportional font.

Quote Originally Posted by Alyinghood View Post
    Change the font to a proportional font.
    Oh that fixed it, thanks. I did not remember there being an option to just change the font in the older versions but definitely could have not seen it. I missed it the first time looking in the config menu.

Hi, I'm having a problem with version 1.1.3. I'm on Linux (specifically, Fedora 37 KDE, with Wine staging 8.2), so it might be an issue with Wine/Proton. The game either crashes or gives me an exception error whenever I try to change the music tracks in the BGM menu. If it doesn't crash, any option I choose in the BGM menu doesn't stick when I reopen the menu. The music menu you unlock in the extras after the prologue works as expected. I tried different WIne versions, but none seemed to change anything.

Here's the exception.zip: ******************file/Mg5lWYzL#XtjBOn...gUfrQCPikNEycY

Thank you for still supporting this patch!

Quote Originally Posted by Cahoots View Post
    Hi, I'm having a problem with version 1.1.3. I'm on Linux (specifically, Fedora 37 KDE, with Wine staging 8.2), so it might be an issue with Wine/Proton. The game either crashes or gives me an exception error whenever I try to change the music tracks in the BGM menu. If it doesn't crash, any option I choose in the BGM menu doesn't stick when I reopen the menu. The music menu you unlock in the extras after the prologue works as expected. I tried different WIne versions, but none seemed to change anything.

Here's the exception.zip: ******************file/Mg5lWYzL#XtjBOn...gUfrQCPikNEycY

Thank you for still supporting this patch!
    Thank you for reporting the issue.

This will be fixed in the next release.

I have updated the xp3 files, but I'm getting this error and it doesn't start at all
    ******************file/b2ZGSCiJ#J-tOZI...LSa30v1NyFQu9w
    Last edited by schism; March 13th, 2023 at 10:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by schism View Post
    I have updated the xp3 files, but I'm getting this error and it doesn't start at all
    ******************file/b2ZGSCiJ#J-tOZI...LSa30v1NyFQu9w
    You have downloaded an incomplete file. Please redownload the file.

you mean patch_h.xp3? but I've downloaded the file twice and still got this error

you mean patch_h.xp3? but I've downloaded the file twice and still got this error
    It means you downloaded the corrupt file twice.
    See the section "(Optional) How do I know if I have the latest version of all the patch files?" in the OP to check for the correct file checksum.

Resident straight-male kuutsundere NM64's Avatar
    Alternatively, you could just remove or rename patch_h.xp3 for the time being since it's purely optional, if not to at least confirm that it's the source of your issue.
    HELP WANTED - Contact me if you know the original source of this song:

Quote Originally Posted by NM64 View Post
    Could you humor me and try the patch_op.xp3 file inside of the following 7z archive that does nothing but replace all of the OPs with this 8bit h.264 MP4 video of the first 3 seconds of the Vita UBW OP? Make sure you back up your original "patch_op.xp3" file (you can just rename:it to something like "patch_op.xp3_BAK"):

Interestingly, the "blue screen during video playback" is the exact issue I had on Windows 7 with AMD GPUs from specifically the HD5000 and HD6000 series when using the newest official non-beta graphics drivers - using the newer beta graphics drivers fixed it, and the issue didn't happen on the older HD4000 series and HD3000 series nor on the newer HD7000 series and R# 200 series.
    Just tested. Same, audio for a few sec, then bluescreen. Will try wine instead of proton.

Hi
    So I've been having this problem with UMB Route.
    Every time I read past the same point I get this error
    Could somebody help me with this?
    Thank you in advance) ****************************file/d/13_H...ew?usp=sharing
    Last edited by TrashBagSlim; March 27th, 2023 at 12:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TrashBagSlim View Post
    Hi
    So I've been having this problem with UMB Route.
    Every time I read past the same point I get this error
    Could somebody help me with this?
    Thank you in advance) ****************************file/d/13_H...ew?usp=sharing
    This issue does not seem to occur in the current v1.1.3 release, so I'm assuming you're not running the latest version.

It worked!!!
    Thank you so much)

Hello, I believe I've found an issue that was accidentally introduced in v1.1.3 with the Trial Edition functionality. Part of the demo video has an effect where background images are rapidly being 'cut' and the halves fly off the screen, but starting in 1.1.3 that effect no longer works and instead you just see two full copies of the image overlapping until they leave the screen (and I confirmed that downgrading back to 1.1.2 fixes this behavior). I recorded some GIFs for reference:

v1.1.2

v1.1.3

Also the retranslation patch seems to use the Japanese versions of this rather than the old English translation, but that's a relatively minor issue since anyone wanting to view the Trial Edition content can swap translations as a workaround for now. The issue shown in the GIFs above happens regardless of which language option is selected.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobusu View Post
    Hello, I believe I've found an issue that was accidentally introduced in v1.1.3 with the Trial Edition functionality. Part of the demo video has an effect where background images are rapidly being 'cut' and the halves fly off the screen, but starting in 1.1.3 that effect no longer works and instead you just see two full copies of the image overlapping until they leave the screen (and I confirmed that downgrading back to 1.1.2 fixes this behavior). I recorded some GIFs for reference:
    Yes, we are aware of this issue. A fix will be included in a minor update (1.1.4) we are planning to upload soon(ish). Quibi's somewhat short on time right now.

Also the retranslation patch seems to use the Japanese versions of this rather than the old English translation, but that's a relatively minor issue since anyone wanting to view the Trial Edition content can swap translations as a workaround for now. The issue shown in the GIFs above happens regardless of which language option is selected.
    The retranslation patch is not finished yet - it's in the second beta stage; it only contains the Fate and UBW route, nothing else. (It also is purely Réalta Nua; it will not obey the content and censorship options.)
    Last edited by Bohemian Waxwing; March 28th, 2023 at 07:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bohemian Waxwing View Post
    Yes, we are aware of this issue. A fix will be included in a minor (1.1.3a) release we are planning to upload soon(ish). Quibi's somewhat short on time right now.
    Good to hear that it's already known and should hopefully be fixed soon, I brought it up because I didn't see a report for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bohemian Waxwing View Post
    The retranslation patch is not finished yet - it's in the second beta stage; it only contains the Fate and UBW route, nothing else. (It also is purely Réalta Nua; it will not obey the content and censorship options.)
    I'm aware of that much, I was referring to how the Heaven's Feel scenes seem to use mirror moon's translation as a fallback if you select the retranslation option but then if you go to Trial Edition (or at least the demo video that's part of it) it doesn't currently use the insani translation as a fallback in the same way. As I said though, it's not a major issue or anything, just something I noticed.
    Last edited by Hobusu; March 28th, 2023 at 06:42 PM.

I'm aware of that much, I was referring to how the Heaven's Feel scenes seem to use mirror moon's translation as a fallback if you select the retranslation option but then if you go to Trial Edition (or at least the demo video that's part of it) it doesn't currently use the insani translation as a fallback in the same way.
    This is because the ReTrans beta 2.0 contains partially translated trial files. The game just uses what's there.

Hey, did you add a hooking function for Japanese text in the march update? I remember it didn't work in the previous one, so I was wondering if you possibly fixed it. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinasa View Post
    Hey, did you add a hooking function for Japanese text in the march update? I remember it didn't work in the previous one, so I was wondering if you possibly fixed it. Thanks.
    Yes. Update the patch to v1.1.3, then enable the following menu option: "Patch->UI Options->Copy last text to clipboard"