Page 36 of 70 FirstFirst ... 263134353637384146 ... LastLast

Thread: Fate/Stay Night [Realta Nua] - Ultimate Edition - 2022

屍鬼 Ghoul
    Hey so how do I achieve 60fps? I tried to used V-Sync to my monitor refresh rate which is 60hz but when I check the fps at best is only hitting 20fps +.

Resident straight-male kuutsundere NM64's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TrainerRad164 View Post
    Hey so how do I achieve 60fps? I tried to used V-Sync to my monitor refresh rate which is 60hz but when I check the fps at best is only hitting 20fps +.
    It's my understanding that the frame rate is dynamic and doesn't hit the higher frame rates unless there's actually some sort of motion going on-screen (the little arrow indicating to continue to the next line of text doesn't count).

If you have a completed save, one can easily test this by setting the title screen state to "Trial" and then selecting 'Demo' which uses a bunch of in-engine animations and stuff that should generally run at full frame rate (heck it even kind of works as a sort of stress-test and/or benchmark for the VN engine itself).

Oh, Bohemian Waxwing, that's something you could look at - some of the source images and/or waifu2x upscales used in that trial 'Demo' seem to be JPEGs or at least appear noticeably more soft/blurry than most other graphics (one that comes to mind is the image of Taiga's character sprite when her name is shown on-screen).
    HELP WANTED - Contact me if you know the original source of this song:

屍鬼 Ghoul
    Quote Originally Posted by NM64 View Post
    It's my understanding that the frame rate is dynamic and doesn't hit the higher frame rates unless there's actually some sort of motion going on-screen (the little arrow indicating to continue to the next line of text doesn't count).

If you have a completed save, one can easily test this by setting the title screen state to "Trial" and then selecting 'Demo' which uses a bunch of in-engine animations and stuff that should generally run at full frame rate (heck it even kind of works as a sort of stress-test and/or benchmark for the VN engine itself).

Oh, Bohemian Waxwing, that's something you could look at - some of the source images and/or waifu2x upscales used in that trial 'Demo' seem to be JPEGs or at least appear noticeably more soft/blurry than most other graphics (one that comes to mind is the image of Taiga's character sprite when her name is shown on-screen).
    Alright thanks for clarifying!

Quote Originally Posted by TrainerRad164 View Post
    I tried that, yep it is a bug. Also apparently this also effects x1.6 and x2.0, when trying to switch message windows.
    Can't reproduce - this seems to work correctly for me (instantly reloads the current scene, thereby switching the frame type).
    Ok, I've been able to replicate it now. I'm looking into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Quibi View Post
    The forum has a bug when trying to edit posts (see: https://forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthrea...=1#post3206185), which sometimes works but mostly doesn't, so I'll try at a later date.
    I've got an idea of a workaround:

1. disable javascript
    2. load the forum thread
    3. click the "edit" button on your post
    4. type up any edits and stuff that you want
    5. do a "select all" on the post-entry text box and copy & paste your entire post into a text editor (notepad, mousepad, xed, etc)
    6. re-enable javascript
    7. click the "preview post" button
    8. paste the contents that you copied from step 5 (making sure to overwrite any existing text that may be present)
    9. submit post

Note that, due to recent changes on the forum in terms of anti-bot(?) protection, it's very rare anymore that the forum will allow you to submit posts with javascipt disabled, so re-enabling javascript before submitting the actual post is crucial.

(that latter issue regarding javascript now being required was driving me nuts around a month ago when I believe I was running into the very same issue, in which case I worked around it by just having javascript disabled before I realized that I could re-enable it for the final submitting of the post and it seemed to work)

so what's the only way to get 3 official pc realta nua releases now that amazon japan are not distributing anymore and dmm games didn't have these but the original release of fate stay/night, also what's the jist of ultimate edition installer merging files from these 3 official pc realta nua releases

Quote Originally Posted by ViridiaRestart View Post
    so what's the only way to get 3 official pc realta nua releases
    Torrent…

EDIT 4: Unrelated to the stuff below, AE VN Tools is no longer working in wine for me; last time I tried it was with wine-staging v7.13 where it "just worked" but sometime between then and now on wine-staging v7.17 it seems to straight-up fail to launch. Thing is though, I'm the type to be a bit stingy with OS updates when I don't have an elegant drive backup system in place (which it temporarily the case right now) so I've basically only updated wine and nothing else.

EDIT 5: Correction - AE VN Tools actually has like a 15% chance of successfully launching; on wine stable 7.0 it always works (as I recall also being the case back on at least wine-staging 7.13)

Quote Originally Posted by Bohemian Waxwing View Post
    Quibi himself felt that the vita ops contain spoilers and are not recommended for first time play..
    Crazy idea - what about having the Vita OPs play at a much farther point in the VN (kind of like how it works in the Clannad VN) - I dunno, like after the 7th day or even later like the 10th day or something? (ideally they should be put after a spot that actually makes a bit of sense and not just as a random interlude)

EDIT: Perhaps what day used could be something the anime could be used as a reference point for, e.g. the split between seasons. Heck, at the end of the 1st season of the UBW anime, they even played freakin "This Illusion" with vocals and everything which, as we all know, it the OP song.

Which reminds me - does the original 2004 credits version of "Turning Seasons" play anywhere at all in v1.1.1 when using the default "mixed" setting?

EDIT 2: ...and is it just me or are neither of the non-realta nua "Turning Seasons" and "Turning Seasons 2" not even listed in the Extra menu's "Music" screen?

EDIT 3: On the subject of credits as well as crazy ideas, what about inverting the background and text colors on the HF true end to a "light theme" aka black text on a white background so as to more closely match how that credits ending looked in the 2004 PC version? Not gonna lie, but hearing "Days" playing with a the same dark theme that the Fate and UBW credits uses just "feels wrong" currently.

...also, "Days" seems to get cut off some at the end due to the shorter credits; I don't suppose we have an in-engine way to make it fade out a bit smoother?

what's the jist of ultimate edition installer merging files from these 3 official pc realta nua releases
    There's not much to say really; the original 2004 PC non-realta nua version as well as both the 2007 PS2 and 2012 Vita realta nua versions have all 3 routes in a single copy of the VN, but the 2011/2012 official digital-download PC version of realta nua split each route into their own individual programs, so the "merging" simply puts the 3 separated routes back into a single VN like how it was in the 2004 PC, PS2, and Vita versions.
    Last edited by NM64; September 15th, 2022 at 03:27 AM.

what's the jist of ultimate edition
    also is Torrenting the only way to get 3 official pc realta nua releases i mean you said it 2 days ago

what's the jist of ultimate edition
    It really is just meant to be the ultimate, end-all "everything and the kitchen sink" version of the VN so that you'd never need any other version.

also is Torrenting the only way to get 3 official pc realta nua releases
    Basically; thing is, it's against forum rules but the mods are a bit more lenient specifically for "ultimate edition" since there literally isn't another way (there are other non-torrent ways that involve traditional file hosts put together by people outside of the forum, but the end result is still basically the same)

can you provide new link? this download quota is annoying from mega.nz

Quote Originally Posted by Aeromax View Post
    You'll figure it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Bohemian Waxwing View Post
    You'll figure it out.
    Come on man, need help, been waiting whole day to download

To bypass quota, change internet connection to cellular/wifi/vpn, then refresh the page. Then you can continue from where you left off

Quote Originally Posted by Alyinghood View Post
    To bypass quota, change internet connection to cellular/wifi/vpn, then refresh the page. Then you can continue from where you left off
    I mean for pc, not mobile

I mean for pc, not mobile
    Yes, you can do it on pc too

Quote Originally Posted by Alyinghood View Post
    Yes, you can do it on pc too
    Can u explain it how to get it to work? I plan to install vpn and switch servers till hit the cap when i get home from work ( idk how it works). Doe refreshing the page will keep the downloaded %?

Can u explain it how to get it to work? I plan to install vpn and switch servers till hit the cap when i get home from work ( idk how it works). Doe refreshing the page will keep the downloaded %?
    Yes

I tried downloading the fate stay night ps vita port and completed but when I went to run the game in my ps vita and error popped up saying "Kirikiri Script exception raised Cannot find storage Initialize.tjs" did I miss something? if so how can I fix it?

Quote Originally Posted by Thelordtex22 View Post
    I tried downloading the fate stay night ps vita port and completed but when I went to run the game in my ps vita and error popped up saying "Kirikiri Script exception raised Cannot find storage Initialize.tjs" did I miss something? if so how can I fix it?
    You didn't follow all of the instructions. The "patch.xp3" file you provided is incorrect.

See step 2 of the installation instructions:
    https://alyinghood.github.io/fsnrnue-multiplatform/