Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 101518192021 LastLast

Thread: Fate/Stay Night [Realta Nua] - Ultimate Edition - 2022

Don't know if this was ever officially solved but I found out how to get In game movies working again, Like with regular Realta Nua you need to install Lav Filters, but in ultimate edition this alone does nothing, in game movies still skip and can only be watched in the movie menu in extras, I found that if you uninstall Lav Filters but leave the codec pack included with Lav Filter the in game movies finally work.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimoks View Post
    @doublecolumn bug
    @doublecolumn lower=" “Itadakimasu.”" upper=" “Itadakimasu.”"
    @l
    Ok, this was fixed for the next release.

Text doesn't seem to be properly wrapped for 4:3 mode, found lots of cut off words here and there, did I mess something up during the setup?

Quote Originally Posted by Mugeterasu View Post

Text doesn't seem to be properly wrapped for 4:3 mode, found lots of cut off words here and there, did I mess something up during the setup?
    This is a known issue.
    To work around this issue, right click to open the right click menu, go to Config, then change the font.

Quote Originally Posted by Alyinghood View Post
    This is a known issue.
    To work around this issue, right click to open the right click menu, go to Config, then change the font.
    Thanks

I wonder, would it be possible to have a setting so that the original 2004 OP plays at the end of the prologue? (unless there's already a way to do it that I haven't found)
    Not only do both PS2 and Vita openings spoil stuff but most importantly I feel like not having This Illusion play as the opening of the VN makes the piano and instrumental versions in-game less impactful
    Last edited by Twhite90; June 16th, 2022 at 10:51 AM.

Resident straight-male kuutsundere NM64's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius909 View Post
    This is a pretty minor one, but I can't get to play the classic "extra" music in EXTRA menu even when I set music to classic.
    Does this occur even with fresh, new, save data?

(you can just rename the existing savadata folder to something else in order to "back it up", or just move it elsewhere)

Quote Originally Posted by playmer View Post
    if you've got a keymap in mind for the buttons you use in Script, I can amend it to match.
    I'm slightly late but I personally think it'd make the most sense to match the mapping for the PS2 and Vita versions of Realta Nua.

...however, I would not be surprised if they're configured so that X = back and O = confirm which would make it A = back and B = confirm...unless you were using a Nintendo controller that hooks into Xinput in some manner that maps the buttons to their positions rather than their letters, in which case you'd want to match the X = back and O = confirm arrangement (because Nintendo puts A to the right of B while Sega and therefore subsequently Microsoft puts B to the right of A).
    Beast Lair's resident straight-male kuutsundere
    (because just "tsundere" makes people think of "Shana clones" *shivers*)

Fate/stay night-related extended music loops @ my YouTube channel

Quote Originally Posted by playmer View Post
    I made an almost completely arbitrary keymap where I assumed VK_PAD1 was A and XK_PAD2 was B on an Xbox Controller (as this is what the SDL_GameController interface is based on). So if you've got a keymap in mind for the buttons you use in Script, I can amend it to match.
    Right now, I'd prefer the following:
    SDL_CONTROLLER_BUTTON_A -> VK_PAD1
    SDL_CONTROLLER_BUTTON_B -> VK_PAD2
    SDL_CONTROLLER_BUTTON_X -> VK_PAD3
    SDL_CONTROLLER_BUTTON_Y -> VK_PAD4
    SDL_CONTROLLER_BUTTON_BACK -> VK_PAD7
    SDL_CONTROLLER_BUTTON_START -> VK_PAD8
    SDL_CONTROLLER_BUTTON_LEFTSTICK -> VK_PAD9
    SDL_CONTROLLER_BUTTON_RIGHTSTICK -> VK_PAD10
    SDL_CONTROLLER_BUTTON_LEFTSHOULDER -> VK_PAD5
    SDL_CONTROLLER_BUTTON_RIGHTSHOULDER -> VK_PAD6
    SDL_CONTROLLER_BUTTON_DPAD_UP -> VK_PADUP
    SDL_CONTROLLER_BUTTON_DPAD_DOWN -> VK_PADDOWN
    SDL_CONTROLLER_BUTTON_DPAD_LEFT -> VK_PADLEFT
    SDL_CONTROLLER_BUTTON_DPAD_RIGHT -> VK_PADRIGHT

Quote Originally Posted by Twhite90 View Post
    I wonder, would it be possible to have a setting so that the original 2004 OP plays at the end of the prologue? (unless there's already a way to do it that I haven't found)
    Not only do both PS2 and Vita openings spoil stuff but most importantly I feel like not having This Illusion play as the opening of the VN makes the piano and instrumental versions in-game less impactful
    We put it on the todo list.

Quote Originally Posted by Alyinghood View Post
    Right now, I'd prefer the following:
    SDL_CONTROLLER_BUTTON_A -> VK_PAD1
    SDL_CONTROLLER_BUTTON_B -> VK_PAD2
    SDL_CONTROLLER_BUTTON_X -> VK_PAD3
    SDL_CONTROLLER_BUTTON_Y -> VK_PAD4
    SDL_CONTROLLER_BUTTON_BACK -> VK_PAD7
    SDL_CONTROLLER_BUTTON_START -> VK_PAD8
    SDL_CONTROLLER_BUTTON_LEFTSTICK -> VK_PAD9
    SDL_CONTROLLER_BUTTON_RIGHTSTICK -> VK_PAD10
    SDL_CONTROLLER_BUTTON_LEFTSHOULDER -> VK_PAD5
    SDL_CONTROLLER_BUTTON_RIGHTSHOULDER -> VK_PAD6
    SDL_CONTROLLER_BUTTON_DPAD_UP -> VK_PADUP
    SDL_CONTROLLER_BUTTON_DPAD_DOWN -> VK_PADDOWN
    SDL_CONTROLLER_BUTTON_DPAD_LEFT -> VK_PADLEFT
    SDL_CONTROLLER_BUTTON_DPAD_RIGHT -> VK_PADRIGHT
    Appreciate it, I'll adjust it! Hope to get the PR out this weekend. Been surprisingly busy this week and haven't nailed down key repeat yet.

Blog Entries
    Are there any differences between SDL and XInput implementations?

Quote Originally Posted by Quibi View Post
    Are there any differences between SDL and XInput implementations?
    I didn't add an XInput Implementation, but I could. SDL is a little nicer in that it can support far more than just XInput controllers, and there are mappings for most controllers out there.

If it's desired I can also add an XInput implementation. But we might run into an issue where the Input managers might compete with each other. Right now it's written in such a way that it checks all of them, but that's a little awkward. Ideally you'd pick which one to use.

Not sure if this has been reported already, but there seems to be an issue with the text during ADV portions of the text such as during Tiger Dojo every time some effect pops up when in wide screen mode, such as during Tiger Dojo 3. I've provided some screenshots as examples:
    https://imgur.com/a/w7itJen

I downloaded the Codec Tweak Tool and checked but I have nothing disabled at all. I'll just see if I can extract the files instead! Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by justinefremlouw View Post
    Not sure if this has been reported already, but there seems to be an issue with the text during ADV portions of the text such as during Tiger Dojo every time some effect pops up when in wide screen mode, such as during Tiger Dojo 3. I've provided some screenshots as examples:
    This has already been fixed for the next release.

Quote Originally Posted by Bohemian Waxwing View Post
    This has already been fixed for the next release.
    thanks for confirming! Any idea/plans for when we might see the next release? I see that the latest patch files are over a year ago so it doesn't look like you guys update the patches often.
    I shut my eyes in order to see~

thanks for confirming! Any idea/plans for when we might see the next release? I see that the latest patch files are over a year ago so it doesn't look like you guys update the patches often.
    As usual, there is no ETA.

Need to test it on the expected toolset (I've been developing it using VS 2022/Toolset 143 because it's what I have installed), but I think I have it all ready in this squashed commit. The last one was incorrectly built on top of your fork, this is correctly on top of origin/master (not that I had to make any changes, but still).

Ideally later this week I'll install the correct toolsets/SDKs and submit it for PR, but just wanted to let you know that it's essentially ready. Key repeat is there, the adjusted button mapping is there, seems to work nicely.

actually it looks like I somehow wasn't on the latest patch. I can confirm that this is not an issue with the latest files.

However, I have gone through the entire game at 16:9 (including last ep and onsen omake) and did encounter the following 2 crashes that I couldn't get past without switching back to 4:3 until the end of the affected scene:
    1) The first one is during Nine Lives in HF route. Right after the lines "I use all twenty-seven Magic Circuits in my head and smash it in one blow"
    2) The second one is again in HF route at the last fight. Right after the lines "it's repelled"
    I uploaded the exception folder here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Xjm...kxfc5bG8TRJo5U

Other than that, no problems aside from HCGs getting significantly cropped on 16:9 but I don't think that can be "fixed" necessarily aside...
    I shut my eyes in order to see~

actually it looks like I somehow wasn't on the latest patch. I can confirm that this is not an issue with the latest files.

However, I have gone through the entire game at 16:9 (including last ep and onsen omake) and did encounter the following 2 crashes that I couldn't get past without switching back to 4:3 until the end of the affected scene:
    1) The first one is during Nine Lives in HF route. Right after the lines "I use all twenty-seven Magic Circuits in my head and smash it in one blow"
    2) The second one is again in HF route at the last fight. Right after the lines "it's repelled"
    I uploaded the exception folder here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Xjm...kxfc5bG8TRJo5U

Other than that, no problems aside from HCGs getting significantly cropped on 16:9 but I don't think that can be "fixed" necessarily aside...
    These are known issues and will be worked around in the next update