Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12347 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 189

Thread: Mahoutsukai no Yoru - Theatrical Edition

  1. #21
    夜魔 Nightmare kohaku's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Age
    33
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    250
    Novel is too good already. That is trouble.

    No matter what. If they really adopt the Mahoyo, I hope they will focus on explaining these concepts of Magus community. Mahoyo is the only novel where Nasu explains clearly about Magus law, Magus's logic.
    However, I fear that they will just focus on moe moe and funny elements.

  2. #22
    The horror GarlandGreene's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    The Land of Maple Syrup
    Age
    28
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    416
    Quote Originally Posted by Sione View Post
    But seriously, I don't get the doomerism.
    Welcome to the BL community, we are the very hippest of hipsters and we will hate anything if it meets a certain pre-requisite of attention and praise on the popularity meter.

  3. #23
    死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors madarra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Age
    30
    Posts
    4,216
    If the Mahoyo translation is as far along as it claims to be, its probably not going down without a Hollowgate incident.

  4. #24
    夜魔 Nightmare kohaku's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Age
    33
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    250
    Quote Originally Posted by madarra View Post
    If the Mahoyo translation is as far along as it claims to be, its probably not going down without a Hollowgate incident.
    a famous character in fiction said that:
    " what you can't buy with money, you can buy it will much more of money.".

  5. #25
    闇色の六王権 The Dark Six pinetree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    São Paulo, Brazil
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,244
    US Friend Code
    326,832,196
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by TomPen94 View Post
    From my part it really is the perceived threat to the HM TL.
    As much as fumei wants to make me think otherwise I think this might have a real shot of messing things up enough to halt the translation.
    Other than that, happy to have something like this.

    (And if things get really doomed I'll just grab the french version and MTL it. I know a tiny bit of french, who knows I might be able to actually understand it.)
    Why would the announcement of a movie that's probably months away IF it even exists mess up a translation effort that's almost complete?

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by madarra View Post
    If the Mahoyo translation is as far along as it claims to be, its probably not going down without a Hollowgate incident.
    Lol
    Image editor for the Fate/hollow ataraxia English Translation Project

  7. #27
    後継者 Successor Kirishima's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Brazil
    Age
    22
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    986
    I'm not very convinced an entire team of people working on a VN out of passion that is more than 60% translated would just see a movie announcement and go "Aw shucks! Time to trash all our hard work guys! We're closing store."

  8. #28
    The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Always somewhere
    Posts
    10,112
    Quote Originally Posted by pinetree View Post
    a translation effort that's almost complete?
    lol

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Kirishima View Post
    I'm not very convinced an entire team of people working on a VN out of passion that is more than 60% translated would just see a movie announcement and go "Aw shucks! Time to trash all our hard work guys! We're closing store."
    It really only takes one guy.
    shit BL says

    Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

    You are not getting government-handout waifus.


    Once and always and nevermore.

  9. #29
    不明 fumei's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,521
    Quote Originally Posted by TomPen94 View Post
    From my part it really is the perceived threat to the HM TL.
    As much as fumei wants to make me think otherwise I think this might have a real shot of messing things up enough to halt the translation.
    Let me phrase it like this for you: do you think any anime adaptation has been met by this community with "damn that's good, you don't even have to read the source material now"? Because the answer is no. But for the sake of argument, let's assume this will be the greatest anime ever made and it has no flaws. Now, let's say it gets announced properly on NYE 2 weeks from now. The premiere date will likely not be sooner than april (mahoyo's anni), so that's another 4 months. That's of course only for Japanese theaters, so aside from those who are actually in Japan, a lucky few get to wait a few additional months for a possible overseas showing. Whether that happens or not, BDs will come out as usual around 6 months after initial premiere. We're now at October 2022. Then you add on the time it'll take for a group or some random guy from 4chan to sub it, because if you look at pretty much all recent shows you'll see that they either get no subs for the longest time, or they get some absolute trash speedsubs that just hurt to read. You're now possibly already in November 2022, and you can now watch the movie with good subs. This is all, of course, assuming the movie is even a perfect adaptation so that it negates the need of the source material, which we all know it's not going to be.

    However much you want to jump on the anti-HM bandwagon is up to you, I really couldn't care what people think, but thinking this will somehow cause the project to be dropped, especially when a HYPOTHETICAL movie is this far out, I can't really wrap my head around.
    Last edited by fumei; December 15th, 2021 at 12:31 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

  10. #30

  11. #31
    Ok sure, there's "evidence", but on the other hand this being real would require that they remember Mahoyo exists.

  12. #32
    世はまさにパンテオン Comun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Manaus, Brazil
    Age
    27
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,708
    JP Friend Code
    262.110.454
    We got a Yumina tease on the HF3 Blu-Ray release in March, a decent-ish explanation on what witches are in Avalon le Fae in August, two stupid 魔法使い red herring teases in FGO's Halloween and Christmas events, and Touko appearing in Elmo 2's New Year OVA, so I'd say is in a pretty decent remembering Mahoyo exists streak this year.

  13. #33
    Lie Like Vortigern Reign's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Age
    27
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    8,426
    US Friend Code
    858,943,293
    I don't think "Nasu would have to remember x exists" holds much sway anymore after Tsukihime finally happened.

  14. #34
    アーニャピーナッツが好き TomPen94's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    THE TRUE RUN
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,785
    JP Friend Code
    nonexistant
    Quote Originally Posted by fumei View Post
    Let me phrase it like this for you: do you think any anime adaptation has been met by this community with "damn that's good, you don't even have to read the source material now"? Because the answer is no. But for the sake of argument, let's assume this will be the greatest anime ever made and it has no flaws. Now, let's say it gets announced properly on NYE 2 weeks from now. The premiere date will likely not be sooner than april (mahoyo's anni), so that's another 4 months. That's of course only for Japanese theaters, so aside from those who are actually in Japan, a lucky few get to wait a few additional months for a possible overseas showing. Whether that happens or not, BDs will come out as usual around 6 months after initial premiere. We're now at October 2022. Then you add on the time it'll take for a group or some random guy from 4chan to sub it, because if you look at pretty much all recent shows you'll see that they either get no subs for the longest time, or they get some absolute trash speedsubs that just hurt to read. You're now possibly already in November 2022, and you can now watch the movie with good subs. This is all, of course, assuming the movie is even a perfect adaptation so that it negates the need of the source material, which we all know it's not going to be.

    However much you want to jump on the anti-HM bandwagon is up to you, I really couldn't care what people think, but thinking this will somehow cause the project to be dropped, especially when a HYPOTHETICAL movie is this far out, I can't really wrap my head around.
    You saw my first post, you replied to it. That's where my concern comes from, memey as it was.
    I do agree I am probably fretting over nothing, sometimes I can't help it. The last 6 years did that to me. I'm not used to getting the shit I want from TM and its surroundings.
    So let's just squash this.

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    I don't think "Nasu would have to remember x exists" holds much sway anymore after Tsukihime finally happened.
    I suffer from severe mindset and instinctive-response inertia. The external reality may have changed, but my perception of Type Moon remains locked in stasis unless I apply conscious effort. The Tsukihime remake sits in my house and I have yet to fully adjust to the fact that that's possible.

    Also I just don't want to trick myself into hoping for more Mahoyo stuff. Can't be disappointed if I avoid hope, only pleasantly surprised. It's a win-win!

  16. #36
    Ph. D. Herod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Age
    47
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,683
    Quote Originally Posted by Landb View Post
    Can't be disappointed if I avoid hope, only pleasantly surprised.
    Yeah, but until you are surprised you are in a dark, miserable hopeless state, that will sour even your surprise when/if it will arrive, and where you will fall back once the surprise is over.
    Because you are too young. Or too stupid. Or both.

  17. #37
    祖 Ancestor Temflakes403's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Location
    RS, Brasil
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,445
    Blog Entries
    6
    Eh, it's not that bad being hopeless.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooncake View Post
    I get this vague feeling from your posts that you're looking down on people who don't share your view, which is what it is, but at least take a moment to snort some common sense between those hits of pretension.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    My opinion is better than your opinion, so it isn't up for debate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun
    Telling us that you're rich is not going to make anyone stop laughing at you for believing in self-insert NTR.
    Quote Originally Posted by ResidentSeagull View Post
    You seriously underestimate the human potential for wanting to fuck stuff, my dude.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan
    Welcome to BL, new user. Don't forget to fate/stay mad
    Quote Originally Posted by Sione
    Prententious killjoys with comically academic "critiques" are just as annoying as braindead gachoomers. This is the only valid horseshoe.
    A Fond Farewell to Type-Moon is a fucking gold mine.


  18. #38
    Ph. D. Herod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Age
    47
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,683
    Of course it is. It means you stopped to care.
    Because you are too young. Or too stupid. Or both.

  19. #39
    Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Where AM I?
    Posts
    12,043
    US Friend Code
    156,137,657
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    I don't think "Nasu would have to remember x exists" holds much sway anymore after Tsukihime finally happened.
    Girls Work.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

    Current FF XIV Progress


    At Current Cap:


    At A Previous Cap:


    Leveling From Scratch:

  20. #40
    I disagree. Dashed expectations can make a person miserable, but lacking expectations won't as long as they're more focused on what they already have. As long as I don't get hyped up on possibilities, I tend to be fairly content with what's already there. To be clear, this is only in this very specific context, not something I'm proposing as a full life philosophy or anything like that.

    In any case the film itself I'm a bit unsure of. I don't think the VN is especially well-suited to adaption as a ~2hr movie, but I've been wrong before.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •