Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 234569 ... LastLast

Thread: Mahoutsukai no Yoru - Theatrical Edition

アルテミット・ソット Ultimate Thot Five_X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronos View Post
    Yeah, I can see that already: "its sooo boooring", "how much do i have to skip till the flashy part", "wheres my seibahface", and so on. You can call it elitism, but Mahoyo is for hardcore TM fans. It works only as a VN. Whatever adaptation will just downgrade the story and its characters.
    It's all these kids and their ipads and their short attention spans these days, amirite
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

[11:20:46 AM] GlowStiks: lucina is supes attractive
    [12:40] Lace: lucina is amazing
    [12:40] Neir: lucina is pretty much flawless

^ this but unironically

i blame social media and to be more precise, infinite scrolling

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Think about this it way, the movie won't be translated from French at least.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

アルテミット・ソット Ultimate Thot Five_X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Crown View Post
    ^ this but unironically

i blame social media and to be more precise, infinite scrolling
    No, it's really mainly that social media technology has allowed more people to engage with (or, more accurately, be expected to engage with) a variety of homogenised media. These sorts of people have always existed, and social media didn't make them dumber, only more apparent. If any single thing is to blame, it's public education.

i.e. should it matter how many people quantitatively engage with something you like? If you want a group of like-minded individuals to discuss something start a book club in your basement/IRC channel and also plot the overthrow of the bourgeoisie.
    Last edited by Five_X; December 17th, 2021 at 12:28 PM.
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

[11:20:46 AM] GlowStiks: lucina is supes attractive
    [12:40] Lace: lucina is amazing
    [12:40] Neir: lucina is pretty much flawless

Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    and also plot the overthrow of the bourgeoisie.
    Hell yes.
    Because you are too young. Or too stupid. Or both.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six
    Blog Entries
    I think the main thing that comes to mind with a Mahoyo movie is that one comment made on Aoko vs Flat Snark and comparing it to Zelretch/CM

at the very least if this does come to pass

the movie should be pretty

Harbringer of Beguiling Light bassgs435's Avatar
    I'll watch the movie if there's no translation. Will read the VN when translation releases. It's what I did with Chaos;Child. When it aired, the translation was just a rumor. It got translated and I got the VN and read it. Simple as that
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

Indeed. I fail to understand how anybody would see a film adaptation would ruin a VN. They're two completely different mediums. People dumpster on HF for not being a faithful adaptation... but who cares? Try to open your narrow mind and find ways to enjoy both. And if that's too difficult for you, then stick to the VN. Films are simply another way of storytelling.

This is great for Mahoyo, as it shows that Nasu hasn't completely forgotten about it. Forget about whether it's a good adaptation or not for a second. A film will bring worldwide recognition to the VN. It means more people will "discover" it. We might get an official localization (I personally doubt it, but who knows). We'll also get more Mahoyo merch, which for me is certainly a good thing. Or, in the best case scenario, maybe the movie(s?) do really well, and Nasu finally gives in and announces Mahoyo 2.

I can't believe people are so hell bent on simply focusing on their own cynical "well the VN is 30+ hours long, how the fuck can they make a good adaptation out of a 2H film" outlook. It's completely moronic.

TLDR; movies don't change the source material. If you think Mahoyo getting a movie is a bad thing, simply don't watch it and stick to the VN. But don't forget to thank the movie if Nasu announces Mahoyo 2 after the films success.
    Last edited by Amadeus; December 17th, 2021 at 09:44 PM.

'You cannot escape your hunger, Warriors of Purgatory' ResidentSeagull's Avatar
    A comprehensive guide to living in the Balkans: Step 1) Leave
    On that note I must ask again: are even sure a movie is happening, or is it just speculation?

I'd save my energy until at least a trailer if the latter's the case.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    There is no confirmed movie whatsoever. Merely a registered website that could possibly correspond to one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus View Post
    It means more people will "discover" it. We might get an official localization (I personally doubt it, but who knows). We'll also get more Mahoyo merch, which for me is certainly a good thing. Or, in the best case scenario, maybe the movie(s?) do really well, and Nasu finally gives in and announces Mahoyo 2.
    If there is anything I learned from the Type Moon fandom, it's never say (or write) what you want. Because Nasu will go the other way, or troll you a decade with Fate spin-offs out the wazoo.

Saying that. Mahou is now a decade old (preorders opened back in Dec 11, geez I'm getting old), and my pessimistic self thinks Nasu has finally decided Fate has been milked enough ie Tsukihime, Melty Blood, and testing the curiosity-waters with Mahou. Then again, I'm pretty out of the loop with fandom now the so I stand to be corrected.
    Image editor for the Fate/hollow ataraxia English Translation Project

Blog Entries
    Huh, interesting. If it turns out to be real, I'm all for it. The KnK movies remain one of my favourite anime adaptations ever, so I don't see why they can't make a good Mahoyo anime movie series or something, if I'm being idealistic. If it's just one 2 hour movie that barely scratches the surface of the VN, I'll still watch it, and probably enjoy it at least a little bit. And like others said, at least it would bring more attention to Mahoyo. And if it isn't real, and never happens, I won't lose any sleep, because there's still the VN, which I care more about anyway. Let's not be pessimistic people.

"The world is just another word for the things you value around you, right? That's something I've had since I was born. If you tell me to rule such a world, I already rule it."

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus View Post
    Indeed. I fail to understand how anybody would see a film adaptation would ruin a VN. They're two completely different mediums. People dumpster on HF for not being a faithful adaptation... but who cares?
    Agree on this. Ever since Deen's UBW, I just don't take anime adaptations seriously and just consider them cash grabs and eye candy. I can understand the complaints when it comes to accuracy if it's a work you've previously read and hold very close. It's hard not to make any comparisons.

That said, I'd like to take this chance to say that I find very hypocritical that people shit on HF action scenes for being over the top yet hold KnK in such a high regard when it had some battles that were clearly amped up in comparison with the books(Shiki vs Araya at Ogawa, for example).
    Last edited by Crown; December 18th, 2021 at 02:21 PM.

It's all just the same as when a remake of something is made and people complain about it RUINING the original. People just fail to see past whatever is in front of them most of the time, and that's why the internet is the way it is. Joyous, really.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

That said, I'd like to take this chance to say that I find very hypocritical that people shit on HF action scenes for being over the top yet hold KnK in such a high regard when it had some battles that were clearly amped up in comparison with the books(Shiki vs Araya at Ogawa, for example).
    To be fair none of the movies' focus were about the action, at most there was probably around a 5 mins action scene in the whole 60 mins film. Meanwhile ever since the Ufotable Fates aired and got super successful, it just seems like both TM and the anime studio are constantly chasing after the big action crowd. Just look at A piece of Blue Glass Moon and how much more over-the-top and lengthier the fight scenes are compared to the original.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle
    JP Friend Code
    Agree on this. Ever since Deen's UBW, I just don't take anime adaptations seriously and just consider them cash grabs and eye candy. I can understand the complaints when it comes to accuracy if it's a work you've previously read and hold very close. It's hard not to make any comparisons.

Honestly probably because most people didn't read KnK novels, we would gotten same complaint if they did.

Quote Originally Posted by GarlandGreene View Post
    To be fair none of the movies' focus were about the action, at most there was probably around a 5 mins action scene in the whole 60 mins film. Meanwhile ever since the Ufotable Fates aired and got super successful, it just seems like both TM and the anime studio are constantly chasing after the big action crowd. Just look at A piece of Blue Glass Moon and how much more over-the-top and lengthier the fight scenes are compared to the original.
    I was just rewatching LB and the movie barely have any action outside the einzbern castle section which is about 10 minutes in a 120 minutes movie, not really what i would call the movie focus.

Not saying that's always the case but even that fight was much more understated originally with the sole purpose of showing how ruthless Saber Alter is and how Herc really has no chance against her. Then the anime makes the whole thing into a flashy, beam spamming, castle throwing blockbuster, for better and worse.

this whole thing could be a fucking prank, there's not even a poster or info about studio, it could be JC.staff for all we know.

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Deen strikes again.

Actually Deen has done some amazing stuff in the last few years. Visual Flight. Now there's a trainwreck of a studio.
    Last edited by Mattias; December 19th, 2021 at 05:51 AM.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelBeowulf View Post
    this whole thing could be a fucking prank, there's not even a poster or info about studio, it could be JC.staff for all we know.
    The domains were registered at the same time and place as Bleach and Ayakashi Triangle and those where confirmed today in Jump Festa.