Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 47891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Mahoutsukai no Yoru - Theatrical Edition

Blog Entries
    Just gonna go on a limb and be the necessary downer and say that it's probably gonna be like the last Ufo works, AKA not that good if you want anything outside of fight scenes.
    Call me 想φαγω.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooncake View Post
    I get this vague feeling from your posts that you're looking down on people who don't share your view, which is what it is, but at least take a moment to snort some common sense between those hits of pretension.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    My opinion is better than your opinion, so it isn't up for debate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun
    Telling us that you're rich is not going to make anyone stop laughing at you for believing in self-insert NTR.
    Quote Originally Posted by ResidentSeagull View Post
    You seriously underestimate the human potential for wanting to fuck stuff, my dude.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan
    Welcome to BL, new user. Don't forget to fate/stay mad

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    ufotable are good.

Behold every other VN property and their anime adaptation, and you will understand how good we have it.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    but, you see, illya didn't sing
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six OnesFleetingGlory's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    So long as they don't go overboard with the fighting scenes, which seems to be Ufo's common trend nowadays. Except for the climax at the very end. I'm thinking the adaptation is preferably taking Study in Murder Part 1's atmosphere for the majority of the film for characters and world-building, then changed gear into Remaining Sense of Pain and Paradox Spiral feels for the climax.

How much length does the movie need to fit the entire Mahoyo narrative, though? If it's a single movie, I worry a lot might be cut.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Man, who would've thought the Mahoyo trilogy was actually Mahoyo movie part 1, 2, and 3 and what if somehow those really lead to the Mahoyo game trilogy.

I'd be really surprised if they actually make Mahoyo good. I will have the biggest kek if Mahoyo movie is Japan exclusive.
    Last edited by Namelesss; January 10th, 2022 at 05:04 PM. Reason: ciel senpai

Your not a TYPE MOON fan if you don't even own a TM Merch or haven't fapped to a TM character.

Quote Originally Posted by OnesFleetingGlory View Post
    So long as they don't go overboard with the fighting scenes, which seems to be Ufo's common trend nowadays. Except for the climax at the very end. I'm thinking the adaptation is preferably taking Study in Murder Part 1's atmosphere for the majority of the film for characters and world-building, then changed gear into Remaining Sense of Pain and Paradox Spiral feels for the climax.
    I can arguably say that for the amusement park fight they should go even more overboard than in the final fight.
    Because you are too young. Or too stupid. Or both.

JP Friend Code
    nonexistant
    Quote Originally Posted by Namelesss View Post
    I will have the biggest kek if Mahoyo movie is Japan exclusive.
    Most ppl will have to wait for the BD anyway so who cares.
    burn your dread you coward

I totally forgot to come here when this dropped, a literal miracle tbh, seeing how we're getting this, and a console port before Mahoyo has even been fully translated into english, which is absolutely hilarious.

Horseman War of Apocalypse Wandering Swordwoman's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    -
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Petrikow View Post
    ufotable are good.

Behold every other VN property and their anime adaptation, and you will understand how good we have it.
    Sad

- - - Updated - - -

Even if the source material is a hit, still cant guarantee good anime
    Because how the anime studios are
    Spoiler:

Wandering on internet

JP Friend Code
    nonexistant
    Given that this is ufo I think the probability of more than one movie isn't that low. I'm having a hard time picturing it'll ever be more than two, but by that same token it's hard to pin good cutoff points.
    The obvious ones that come to mind are Flat Snark and Touko meeting Souji, but either of those would leave one movie with too little and the other with too much to do.
    Or if they have the balls to cut off on the convo between Souji and Alice, that'd be swell imo.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six OnesFleetingGlory's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Unless Okita somehow made it to Mahoyo, I take it you mean Soujuurou? Since I can't find someone named Souji there.

JP Friend Code
    nonexistant
    Quote Originally Posted by OnesFleetingGlory View Post
    Unless Okita somehow made it to Mahoyo, I take it you mean Soujuurou? Since I can't find someone named Souji there.
    Yes, Tobimaru calls him 'Souji' sometimes.

other side of Red Garden AmADo VII's Avatar
    you mean 草の字?

Harbringer of Beguiling Light bassgs435's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wandering Swordwoman View Post
    Sad

- - - Updated - - -

Even if the source material is a hit, still cant guarantee good anime
    Because how the anime studios are
    It's not anime studios. It's the sheer difference beetween mediums. Stuff like inner monologues don't work as well in anime (recently, I've seen a tweet making the rounds of famous anime director Shingo Natsume saying he dislikes monologues which is why his newest original project Sonny Boy has none or almost none), but it can be challenging to translate that into a visual form in a way all audiences will understand (way too many defenders of show don't tell overstimate how much your average anime fan can grasp from purely visual and symbolic storytelling or expressions and such.Sadly, the explanations ARE needed). Then, there's stuff like how to translate magical fights that are CGs and descriptions into anime. It's not like manga where panels are a guide.
    And then, we have stuff where all routes make a whole and you need all of them for all the answers (F/SN. Dies irae, Muramasa, Demonbane). Anime is normally a single linear story where all the development and answers are provided when you reach the end. People aren't used to needing different versions of events and different outcomes, so that can get tricky as it's a lot of invenstment to try and adapt all routes. And when Fate tried having different anime for different routes, the idea is seen as so alien that now Fate has a reputation of having a way too complicated watch order and being too hard to get into. And Fate can only afford different anime for different routes because it's big. At the very start, all they could afford was a single show mostly adapting the Fate route (but because it was seen as the ONLY anime Fate'd have, they tried original content to convey some stuff from other routes and not leave characters feeling shafted. Not to great results, but I get why the idea'd come up) and then 4 years later a single movie for all of UBW
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by bassgs435 View Post
    It's not anime studios. It's the sheer difference beetween mediums. Stuff like inner monologues don't work as well in anime (recently, I've seen a tweet making the rounds of famous anime director Shingo Natsume saying he dislikes monologues which is why his newest original project Sonny Boy has none or almost none), but it can be challenging to translate that into a visual form in a way all audiences will understand (way too many defenders of show don't tell overstimate how much your average anime fan can grasp from purely visual and symbolic storytelling or expressions and such.Sadly, the explanations ARE needed). Then, there's stuff like how to translate magical fights that are CGs and descriptions into anime. It's not like manga where panels are a guide.
    And then, we have stuff where all routes make a whole and you need all of them for all the answers (F/SN. Dies irae, Muramasa, Demonbane). Anime is normally a single linear story where all the development and answers are provided when you reach the end. People aren't used to needing different versions of events and different outcomes, so that can get tricky as it's a lot of invenstment to try and adapt all routes. And when Fate tried having different anime for different routes, the idea is seen as so alien that now Fate has a reputation of having a way too complicated watch order and being too hard to get into. And Fate can only afford different anime for different routes because it's big. At the very start, all they could afford was a single show mostly adapting the Fate route (but because it was seen as the ONLY anime Fate'd have, they tried original content to convey some stuff from other routes and not leave characters feeling shafted. Not to great results, but I get why the idea'd come up) and then 4 years later a single movie for all of UBW
    It's funny how ufotable recently adapted demon slayer with lots of inner monologues.
    And it didn't seem really quite odd.

Also I wonder how are they gonna use lots of 3rd person narrative in mohoyo if it isn't butchered that is.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle
    JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Takashi View Post
    It's funny how ufotable recently adapted demon slayer with lots of inner monologues.
    And it didn't seem really quite odd.

Also I wonder how are they gonna use lots of 3rd person narrative in mohoyo if it isn't butchered that is.
    Demon Slayer director is probably the weakest director at Ufotable and least creative so he adapt stuff 1:1(and well he does have a lot of runtime to adapt a manga compared to UBW/HF) and the monologues are like the worst thing about demon slayer anime and what most people complain about.

Wait you are telling me that you didn't enjoy hearing monologue Tangy explain his thought process and how dangerous his current predicament is every time he swings his sword? Blasphemy!

Personally, I'm looking forward to the Bonus OVA where Tanjiro takes 10 minutes to tie his own shoes while giving himself a pep talk during the whole process.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kirishima's Avatar
    I unironically enjoy the monologues.

Just like every other tool at the director/creator's disposal, I think it really depends on how its used. If you have a show with sharp writing and featuring a witty protagonist (a la Monogatari and Haruhi) then monologues can really enhance certain scenes, possibly making them funnier and more memorable. On the flip side, if the inclusion of monologues is mostly there to dryly describe the events that are currently happening on screen, things that most of the audience could probably figure out by themselves by simply watching the characters and actions unfold, then you should probably think twice about using them. No one likes to watch exciting action scenes that are constantly interrupted by characters blatantly stating the obvious which only serve to pad for time while offering nothing else.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle
    JP Friend Code
    Yep Monogatari and Haruhi also works because their voice actors are great and pleasing to hear, this is why i am usually buzzled when i see someone wanting fate to be done by shaft like Monogatari, Shirou monologue will probably be better than Tanjiro but it will be mostly boring and people will complain about it.