Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Aniplex acquires FGO dev team from DW

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    I do not trust Aniplex to do anything remotely pro-consumer, and that includes actually pouring more resources to tune up the game as a whole. Among the many greedy corporate pigs out there, they stick out to me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
    I heard that one of their other gacha games tanked super hard or something, Fire Emblem I think, so the move is to get the actually profitable game as far from that brand while the anger is still high.

Also maybe if they're directly under Aniplex some of the tech issues can be smoothed out easier, but that's just my wishful thinking.
    Did Delight Works have anything to do with Fire Emblem? I don't think so. I'm pretty sure IntSys is directly involved with FEH along with a different developer? IDK, FEH's content release rate is pretty good, and I think that game is wildly successful still.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Nanaya's Avatar
    Maintain the same staff and head. Rebrand so people can now complain about RNG. You can't make this shit up.

JP Friend Code
    500595933 | 紅 (pm)
    so, do we abbreviate that as rg
    Chaldea Heroes

Personal skill
    Quote Originally Posted by GundamFSN View Post
    Nikiri has what I dub Blessings of the Boobs, see. As long as what his rolling for has two conspicuous mountains, they'll come to him one way or another.
    Quote Originally Posted by GundamFSN View Post
    Well, fine. Nikiri has this thing called 「我が往くは爆乳の彼方・・・!」
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikiri View Post
    GundamFSN. Thank you.

Just before rolling I said 「我が往くは爆乳の彼方・・・!」

First ticket. Da Vinci-chan NP2.

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    So we go from hating on DW to hating on RNG.

The more things change, the more they stay the same.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Or we can do what the Street Fighter community has been doing for years and hate directly on Ono.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Trust me, I do directly hate on Nasu and Takeuchi on some level for participating in this evil.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Ubergeneral's Avatar
    FGO has gotten a number of QoL changes. First pity system. Then adjustments to deployment cost and tutorial gatcha rolls. We even got speical prisims that can be turned into mats for stuff.

All this seems to happen right after aniplex takes over FGO. Are these changes things happening to the game as a result of this merger? It seems that there was a creative different and the new team are making the changes they think the game needs.

Should this be see as a good sign?

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Nanashi(kari)'s Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    The DW -> Lasangle shift is a company change without a staff change, so all that'll happen in April is the logo being replace on the game. All the sudden positive changes should be credited to Ono Yoshinari's recent take over as CEO, as bizarre as his Street Fighter reputation makes it sound like.
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    My opinion is better than your opinion, so it isn't up for debate. Much like Daybit, I am simply correct, and that is the end of the discussion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gosserbam View Post
    I am not a shitposter at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Petrikow View Post
    Impressive argument.

Mine, however, is superior: you are dumb.
    Quote Originally Posted by chevkraken View Post
    And you want to be taken seriously?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubergeneral View Post
    The planet is on fire.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirishima View Post
    GOT DICK? ANY PENIS? COCK DONATIONS?

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kirishima's Avatar
    All the changes are probably a mix of Ono and the failure of Sakura Wars which made them maybe realize they need to step their game up, because TM isn't gonna carry them forever if their game sucks, specially with Nasu leaving as main supervisor

Blog Entries
    All the changes are probably a mix of Ono and the failure of Sakura Wars which made them maybe realize they need to step their game up, because TM isn't gonna carry them forever if their game sucks, specially with Nasu leaving as main supervisor
    Source please

For what? We know Ono is president of DW, we know Sakura Wars failed hard, it's pretty safe to assume they realize people like FGO for TM and not for DW, and we know Nasu wants to leave after part 2.

Blog Entries
    For what? We know Ono is president of DW, we know Sakura Wars failed hard, it's pretty safe to assume they realize people like FGO for TM and not for DW, and we know Nasu wants to leave after part 2.
    About Nasu stepping down. He also said the same at the end of part 1. Sincerely interested, not trying to start an argument here.

There are too many instances to give you a single one, but in many interviews Nasu talks about how FGO will have an ending that will make you think "it's really over", he wants it to have a proper conclusion. Obviously the game won't shut down, but it's pretty safe to assume he won't give it his full attention anymore.

And he has been talking about that for a while so it's not something he said on a whim. Plus you have the fact that he stopped supervising FGO to focus solely on Tsukihime at the rear end of 2020, so he has no qualms about letting the other writers do their own thing and focus on other projects (it's really clear he wants to get on with Tsukihime and Mahoyo right about now and give FGO the ending he wants, even if we know there's gonna be another part without him but he doesn't seem to care if his job is done)

EDIT: I googled "Nasu FGO ending" and found the two major instances of how he said he has planned on giving it a proper ending on the finale of part 2, from 2019 and 2021 so it shouldn't be too hard to find info on it.

EDIT 2: Furthermore, on asked in a post TsukiRe 4Gamer interview about the future and rest of the remake, he clearly says that his current plans are finishing FGO and then working on the rest of Red Garden, and a culmination of TM phase 2, and start of phase 3. It's pretty clear he doesn't want to be stuck to FGO.
    Last edited by Kirishima; January 20th, 2022 at 09:37 AM.

Blog Entries
    There are too many instances to give you a single one, but in many interviews Nasu talks about how FGO will have an ending that will make you think "it's really over", he wants it to have a proper conclusion. Obviously the game won't shut down, but it's pretty safe to assume he won't give it his full attention anymore.

And he has been talking about that for a while so it's not something he said on a whim. Plus you have the fact that he stopped supervising FGO to focus solely on Tsukihime at the rear end of 2020, so he has no qualms about letting the other writers do their own thing and focus on other projects (it's really clear he wants to get on with Tsukihime and Mahoyo right about now and give FGO the ending he wants, even if we know there's gonna be another part without him but he doesn't seem to care if his job is done)

EDIT: I googled "Nasu FGO ending" and found the two major instances of how he said he has planned on giving it a proper ending on the finale of part 2, from 2019 and 2021 so it shouldn't be too hard to find info on it.

EDIT 2: Furthermore, on asked in a post TsukiRe 4Gamer interview about the future and rest of the remake, he clearly says that his current plans are finishing FGO and then working on the rest of Red Garden, and a culmination of TM phase 2, and start of phase 3. It's pretty clear he doesn't want to be stuck to FGO.
    Thanks. Wonder if Aniplex and Sony will let him off the wagon though.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubergeneral View Post
    FGO has gotten a number of QoL changes. First pity system. Then adjustments to deployment cost and tutorial gatcha rolls. We even got speical prisims that can be turned into mats for stuff.

All this seems to happen right after aniplex takes over FGO. Are these changes things happening to the game as a result of this merger? It seems that there was a creative different and the new team are making the changes they think the game needs.

Should this be see as a good sign?
    LMAO no just throwing a bone

Your not a TYPE MOON fan if you don't even own a TM Merch or haven't fapped to a TM character.