Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1234712 ... LastLast

Thread: Create-A-Servant Secret Santa Contest

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Morg van Destro View Post
    I'm actually confused on this. So, you will be "distributing" one of the prompt pools to different people? If so, why display them? It's almost like asking someone to prepare a Servant for a prompt, but sucks for them if they then get one they didn't even consider. Wouldn't it be better just to keep them all secret? Also, why are you the one posting them? Shouldn't we post them since it's our gift to the person who's prompt we got, so we should post it while dedicating it to them like it's an actual present? I'm just trying to sort out how this will work.
    I guess the idea is that it's somewhat of a balance between the two. You get to see the possible prompts ahead of time so you'll know if they generally pique your interest (and conversely if there's any you absolutely wouldn't have it in you to write and so bow out from the contest) but at the same time the distribution format has enough uncertainty and surprises to keep people on their toes. Personally I probably won't be participating even though this idea does look fun since my Servant-creating skills have always been dependent on inspiration and I'd be too nervous of getting a prompt that doesn't suit me and not managing to follow through well. If I could do someone else's prompt first and then propose one in turn that'd be more comfortable but that's not how it works.

Blog Entries
    I'm actually confused on this. So, you will be "distributing" one of the prompt pools to different people? If so, why display them? It's almost like asking someone to prepare a Servant for a prompt, but sucks for them if they then get one they didn't even consider. Wouldn't it be better just to keep them all secret?
    What Royd said. Honestly this is just copy pasting the format of this contest. That's just how it has always worked. Also honestly people weren't supposed to announce that they've submitted a prompt beforehand and make it obvious lol, but I guess that can't be helped.

Also, why are you the one posting them? Shouldn't we post them since it's our gift to the person who's prompt we got, so we should post it while dedicating it to them like it's an actual present? I'm just trying to sort out how this will work.
    That's Secret in the Secret Santa, methinks, the element of surprise. One of the fun part of this event is guessing who writes which sheet.

- - - Updated - - -

On this topic, I highly recommend the participants to impersonate each other

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I'm actually confused on this. So, you will be "distributing" one of the prompt pools to different people? If so, why display them? It's almost like asking someone to prepare a Servant for a prompt, but sucks for them if they then get one they didn't even consider. Wouldn't it be better just to keep them all secret? Also, why are you the one posting them? Shouldn't we post them since it's our gift to the person who's prompt we got, so we should post it while dedicating it to them like it's an actual present? I'm just trying to sort out how this will work.
    This is mostly inherited from the previous contest, but the way I see it:

Displaying the prompts allows people to discuss a bit before the contest actually starts and also let's people think about what they are (possibly) going to have to write. Obviously you can't start anything before getting your three choices, but it's better than nothing.
    Also, as we can see on the previous page, it helps others figure out how to write their own prompts.

As for why he's posting everything, part of it for the sake of keeping everything secret even during the voting. Probably won't have the same effect when we have so many distinct sheet styles here.
    I think the most important part though, is that you're guaranteed to get your present at the same time as everyone, instead of having to wait until your secret Santa is able to get online and edit it after the defined deadline. As long as everyone sends their sheets to Kamera before the deadline, of course.

Blog Entries
    Wtf, basically all my ideas i had cooking up in my head during the night are already submitted.
    Back to the drawing board
    "Let's see the color of your coin, my friend."

Behold my vault of Heroes.
    Where the Heavens and the Abyss breath the Music of Humanity.

The King's duty is to provide. And provide, I shall.
    University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Our Kingdom will grow. And we shall know each citizen.
    Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

Blog Entries
    Hello! I was wondering - roughly how much time will the contestants have between getting assigned their trio of prompts and the deadline for actually posting the resulting sheet or sheets?

Blog Entries
    Until January 29th, so 25 days.

Blog Entries
    Got it! Thank you!

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Spammin Spiff's Avatar
    Quick question; why is the submission period for the prompt so long? I figured it'd be 7 days at the most. Is there a specific reason?

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kabalisto Koga's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Spammin Spiff View Post
    Quick question; why is the submission period for the prompt so long? I figured it'd be 7 days at the most. Is there a specific reason?
    I think that we can think of prompts and if others wants to participate or not .
    Your verified Chikara-production Studios !

Dont ship me with anyone unless i say so !

When you wake a Dragon in his Lair...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Spammin Spiff View Post
    Quick question; why is the submission period for the prompt so long? I figured it'd be 7 days at the most. Is there a specific reason
    ngl, i didn't expect to receive so many submissions in less than 24 hours. so, if nobody objects, i can cut the prompt submission period to just a week.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Spammin Spiff's Avatar
    Obviously that's fine with me, but the majority should rule, so I guess we'll see what the general consensus is.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Baron Magnus's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I'm fine with it.
    Rookie Lorekeeper, Amateur Extraordinaire, and all around nasunoob.

Blog Entries
    im honestly fine with the start at the fourth but i am also fine if earlier as i would then be curious which prmpt i get and which gets my prompt .

Blog Entries
    Alright then, I've hastened the prompt submission deadline to 1st of January.

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    Thanks.

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    I just submitted my own prompt

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ismail2002 View Post
    I just submitted my own prompt
    a heartly welcome in our round !

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    Thank You, I have been a guest for a while in this site and only recently join in and posted a servant sheet.

Blog Entries
    Hope you're not feeling pressure. It can be rough to get started on sheets around this time of the month. The monsters come out to compete, so it can be intimidating. We always welcome newbies into the fold and hope to see more from you!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyvern View Post
    Hope you're not feeling pressure. It can be rough to get started on sheets around this time of the month. The monsters come out to compete, so it can be intimidating. We always welcome newbies into the fold and hope to see more from you!
    An honest and serious meant Question Wyvern what do you think of my servants in general and my contest entry ?