Page 1 of 13 123611 ... LastLast

Thread: Create-A-Servant Secret Santa Contest

Blog Entries

Create-A-Servant Secret Santa Contest

First off, Merry Christmas to everyone!

This here is the thread for the Secret Santa Contest, Servant Creation edition, ripped off inspired by a certain currently defunct fanfic exchange. In essence, any member may submit ideas or concepts for a Servant, which later will be randomly and discreetly distributed to another participant that will write up a complete Servant sheet out of it.

A General Summary:

• Participants will submit their prompts, three per participant. PM them to me.
    • Once the deadline's up, participants are then given another user’s prompts to write for. Of the three, you may choose one to write in exchange. You can write more than one, but the idea here is to give more freedom of choice to the receiver, in the case where if they don’t like one prompt, they won’t be stuck with that
    • Until the writing deadline is up, participants send their Servants to me. Once the deadline's up, I will post all the submitted sheets in this thread.
    • The community (so, not only limited to participants, but even non-sheet writers may also participate) may then vote on their most favorite Servant out of all the submissions, rather than use formal judging. At the end, points are tallied, and a winner is declared.

Rules and Guidelines:

• Those that submit ideas must write up an idea in turn. So, if you don't plan to write up a Servant sheet on your own, refrain from submitting random ideas.
    • If you cannot finish a sheet in time for whatever reason, an unfinished sheet is better than nothing at all, so you should submit it, nonetheless.
    • Try to keep the prompts flexible and not too demanding or limiting. Don't expect others to write something that is 13 pages long, or a sheet that must perfectly conform to your own headcanon.
    • A specific Servant prompt is fine. A broader prompt is fine too. Just don't be too specific or too broad. For example, a "Saber El Cid" is fine but "Servantverse EMIYA Pseudo-Servant Grand Saber El Cid Alter Blanco with these 5 specific skills and these 5 different NPs" is not really recommended. Just be logical and considerate.
    • Requesting Modern Fiction Servants is generally discouraged. Keep the prompts reasonably within the traditional TYPE-MOON settings.

Submitted ideas will be displayed here, so you have time to prepare before they are distributed.

Submitted Prompts
    Pool 1
    New World! - Exactly what it says on the tin. A Servant of the Americas. Of far away lands often forgotten by the nasuverse. Whether it be South / Meso / North America, the intent of the prompt is that it must involve a figure of history or folklore belonging to the 'New World'.

Legacy - The descendant, the knock off, the copycat. A Hero who looked up to another and is considered a lesser version of them. It can be someone who is related to them through their ancestry. Or it could be someone who inherited the legacy of said hero by having inherited something from that hero.

Fairytale - A Storybook servant, belonging to a famous tale or story that is told to children in particular or belongs to a collective of stories reffered to as 'Fairy Tales'. It can be any character from a tale in particular. Or it can be many in the same servant. Or even a shared archetype across multiple stories.
    Pool 2
    1. Any existing Servant in another Class container they qualify for.

2. An example of any of the missing Greek Lostbelt figures who were either killed in action or failed to appear at all (Ares, Apollo, Dionysus, etc) in summonable form. If there are somehow repeats, this can be extended to any of the other Lostbelts too, I suppose.

3. I'd like to see the Baltics represented. Any historical/mythological/fictional figure, so long as they originate from either Lithuania, Latvia, or Estonia.
    Pool 3
    Orcus: An Etruscan god of the Underworld which was later equated with Pluto and Dīs Pater in Roman myths. He is better known today for the fact that in medieval times, his name got derivated into monsters in various stories, which would further influence Tolkien's naming of the orcs. I was thinking he could be a Berserker, with the further uses of his name having degraded him into a monstrous nature.

"Emperor" Norton: A former businessman who, after suffering financial ruin, fell into delusion and proclaimed himself as Emperor of America. He became a beloved symbol of San Fransisco both for his eccentricities and his kind heart. He could be a Saber, with probably some sort of Imperial Privilege variant to justify it.

Daniel-François-Esprit Auber: A french compositer whose most well-known work is the opera La Muette de Portici, based on the Napolitan revolution of 1647. During a showing of the Opera in Brussels during 1830, the prestation of a patriotic song was so moving that its spectators were motivated into a revolt towards the occuping Netherlands. This event is popularly held as the start of the Belgian Revolution. The obvious class for him is a Caster, of course, but feel free to give him any you want instead.
    Pool 4
    Wrapped in Glitter and Gold! (A servant related to the mythical/imaginary emerald tablets of thoth.

Cooking Mama! (A servant related the act of cooking)

HO HO HO and a bottle of rum! (Santa a sailor servant)
    Pool 5
    Hayreddin Barbarossa. Redbeard, the unstoppable Pirate King who terrorized the Mediterranean coast for decades, on behalf of the Ottoman Empire. The sheet can be the man himself, or one of his many associates and contemporaries such as his rival Andrea Doria, his brothers, his famous crews such as Piri Reis, or even his Sultan, Suleiman the Magnificent. If the latter, they should at least have a line for him.

Danganronpa pseudo-crossover. A Servant with one of the Danganronpa characters as a faceclaim. The personality or ability need not to fit, though that would be nice. Also it doesn't have to be their official art, fan arts can also be used.

Double Class Servants. A Servant with either Double-Summon like Semiramis, Distortion like Alcides, or any other condition that you can think of that makes them have two Classes. It can also be a Single Servant but with two Saint Graphs like Castor and Pollux.
    Pool 6
    1: "European Aboriginals" A Servant of the Ancient to pre-Christian non-Greek/Roman Europe. A Person or God from the so called Barbaric Tribes of Europe, regardless if from Spain, to the border of Europe. Be it Chieftain, Warrior, or even a God or Goddess of the European Pantheon, like Slavic or Germanic Culture for instances.

2: "Ancient Celebrities of the Polytheistic Levantine Cultures" A Person from the old Mesopotamian, Assyrian, Hittite, Babylonian Worlds and so forth. A Person of renown of the Polytheistic Age of the Near East be it legendary Ruler, Hero or Mage.

3: "Antique Roman Statesman" A Statesman of Rome, be it a legendary King of its time as City Kingdom, a General or Official of the Republican Days or a Roman Emperor from the Imperial Age.
    Pool 7
    Family - Someone related to another Servant that you've done before (use canon servants if you don't have any). Parents, children, grandparents, so on.

Runner-ups - Someone who's generally considered the second-best or second-most-well-known at something.

Romance - Title says it all; some sappy romance worthy of the ages. Angst optional.
    Pool 8
    Fallen Stars - Think the "27 Club." Inspirational people whose accomplishments were destined to rise to ever greater heights, if only their lives weren't cut tragically short. If anything, their early deaths have only contributed to their fame. You can take the concept as broad as you like, beyond just humans. Examples: Amelia Earhart, Baldwin IV

Creation Ancestors - This is to give a spotlight to indigenous Australian mythology. Figures from stories older than time, they shaped the lands and lifestyles of later peoples. Examples: see here

Prophet Movements - Prophets or people closely associated with them. A prophet is someone who receives divine instruction on how to reshape society, but you can creatively stretch this. The theme here should be on the personal relationship to prophecy and whether their movement failed or succeeded. Examples: Tecumseh, Zoroaster
    Pool 9
    Writer: A Servant whose greatest feats were related to their ability with written words. Authors, scholars and so on.

Dark Side of the Moon: A Servant closely related to a famous individual, destined to live under the shadow of their fame. A partner, a sibling, a student. How do they feel about this destiny?

New Year, New Me: Alt a Servant of your choice (your own or an existing one or hell, even mine if you dare) themed for the New Year. Use concepts unique to the date to shape their skills and how they act in this new form. You can go for the western notion of dressing in white or you can also go with the eastern theme too, dressed in kimonos and visiting temples.
    Pool 10
    All That Glitters - A servant who has strong ties with gold. It can be someone who had a large amount of gold in life, or wanted to obtain a large supply of gold in their lifetime. This is not as vague as “someone who liked money”, it must specifically be gold and not any other type of metal or currency. However, their ties to gold don’t have to be for monetary reason, just as long as they themselves have some ties to gold.

You Either Die A Hero… - A servant who did good deeds most of their life, only to turn “evil” near the end of their life. It doesn’t matter how “bad” their “evil” deeds are, they can be anything from being greedy to being a cold-blooded killer, just as long as they changed from good to evil during their life, it qualifies for this prompt. A good example of a canon Fate character that fits this is Gilles de Rais.

He’s More Machine Than Man - A servant who not just has a strong technological influence in their lore, but who specifically alter themselves as servants to either become one with the technology or rely heavily upon it. This can include anything from piloting a mech, to using technologically advanced prosthetics (something like either steampunk or futuristic style), to even becoming a piece of technology themselves. A canon example of this would be someone like Charles Babbage.
    Pool 11
    1. Otto the Great as a Ruler, preferably with this FC or one vaguely along those lines.

2. Pyrrhus Neoptolemus. There are many versions of his life so someone making a sheet for him could in theory mix and match as they please, but since I can request something more specific, I'd ask you to please keep him killing the old Priam upon an altar and throwing Astyanax from the walls of Troy in the lore for this version.

3. A combatant Servant who isn't from Europe, isn't Genghis Khan, isn't from the Three Kingdoms, doesn't have a Divinity rank, and lived (or was invented) at any point before the end of the 14th century A. D.
    Pool 12
    Dinosaur — Incorporate a Dinosaur into the sheet. Paleontologists are still exciting despite being the obvious choice, with Mesoamerican Servants coming right after, but don't limit yourself. Be creative.

American Beast - A Beast candidate or fully-fledged Beast from the Americas. North, Center or South America, doesn't matter.

Arthurian Natural Enemy - The "Natural Enemy" of one of the official Knights of the Round Table. Material profiles often list the Natural Enemy of the character, but I want to see your take on someone that hasn't been mentioned as one yet. It doesn't need to be someone the knight actually met while alive. Rather, it's the one existence that goes fundamentally against their ideals. If they meet, it'd be impossible to come to an understanding.
    Pool 13
    Till Eulenspiegel: Eulenspiegel, literally "owl-mirror" is a german literary figure, jester-type. An important story that was modified over the years. One could go many routes here. Go full pun and the harsher early version and use his name, which can be said as a pun like "wipe my ass" together with his different scat pranks. Or go philosophical with owl and mirror, using it a metaphorical mirror to depict him as the fool that outsmarts his victims. Free reign in depiction.

Pope or Dalai Lama: one of them as Servant.

Servantverse: Make a Servant of your choosing into a Servantverse character. Go wild. Check out Morgs Servantverse Project, perhaps this Servant could join a side of them?
    Pool 14
    Physicist or Theorist : This one is simple create a servant based on a scientific advancement of physics or a theory that they crafted.

Chemist/Alchemist : Servants based on scientist that have made advancements in the field of chemist

Engineer/Inventor : A Servant that made their mark on history based on their inventions
    Pool 15
    1 : Aliens. Aliens are cool, and the Nasuverse is just the anime adaptation of Ancient Aliens. Who knows, Nasu might reveal that Jesus or Einstein were in fact aliens. Well, I say aliens, but things like Outer Gods also work, I just want to see something that's beyond the scope of earth.

2 : A servant that feels like something out of a GudaGuda event. Maybe a servant from the Bakumatsu or Sengoku period? Or a thought experiment like Maxwell's Demon? Feel free to interpret this prompt as you wish!

3 : A servant linked to psychology, because the human mind is fascinating. I think something very cool can come from it.
    Voting period will end on 1st of February 2022.
    Last edited by Kamera; January 25th, 2022 at 12:23 PM.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kabalisto Koga's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    So have i understand that now right > each member that wants to participate sends three prompt options to you Kamera , then do you randonly send them to another memeber and the one has to chose one fromt hem to create a servant which the one has again to send you and you put them then her ,right ?

Do you then display the prompt ideas then in the ubmitted prompts tag ?
    Your verified Chikara-production Studios !

Dont ship me with anyone unless i say so !

When you wake a Dragon in his Lair...

Blog Entries
    Yes, that's about right.

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    Congrats for finally starting up the contest. Will this be a seasonal thing or a once a year thing.

Blog Entries
    it's better off once a year, i think

Local Extra Class Aficionado DelRey's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Thank you for doing this
    Prompt examples may be helpful.

So can we ask someone to make for example a galahad or does it need to be broader like "arthurian mythos" and stuff like that?
    "Let's see the color of your coin, my friend."

Behold my vault of Heroes.
    Where the Heavens and the Abyss breath the Music of Humanity.

The King's duty is to provide. And provide, I shall.
    University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Our Kingdom will grow. And we shall know each citizen.
    Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

Blog Entries
    A specific Servant prompt is fine. A broader prompt is fine too. Just don't be too specific or too broad. For example, a "Saber El Cid with this specific FC" is fine but "Servantverse EMIYA Pseudo-Servant Grand Saber Gender-bend Chaotic Evil El Cid Alter Blanco with these 5 specific skills and these 5 different NPs" is not really recommended. Just be logical and considerate.

Edit: I changed my mind about the broader prompt limitation. You can actually request a Servant from a specific country or region, within reason, of course.
    Last edited by Kamera; December 24th, 2021 at 08:08 PM.

Submitted. Good luck folks.

Blog Entries
    Submitted! This will be so much fun~

Blog Entries
    So prompts like a Scholar or Warrior of that land or this culture respective that mythology or a King of this Empire are valid prompts ?

- - - Updated - - -

Blog Entries
    Hmm. Looking back, my prompts might have been a bit too broad? I'll resend them with more specific instructions.

Blog Entries
    I bet yours is the with new world in it right ?

Not a day over sixty and with the eyes of a cornered ferret. WhiteFrenzy's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I'm busy at the moment but hey. Defiinitely will think of something. What a cool idea!
    ——————
    WHITEFRENZY'S
    servants | masters
    —————

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyvern View Post
    Hmm. Looking back, my prompts might have been a bit too broad? I'll resend them with more specific instructions.
    Eh, it's fine actually, my concern is with prompts that limit the writer's choice, but broader prompts is the kind of the opposite of that. Besides, there's still the other two options.

I'm also wondering what the guidelines for prompts are. Should they be general like a contest prompt? Just suggest a specific figure? Or give a pitch with personality, skills, etc.?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DelRey View Post
    Thank you for doing this
    Prompt examples may be helpful.

So can we ask someone to make for example a galahad or does it need to be broader like "arthurian mythos" and stuff like that?
    Quote Originally Posted by doncosaco View Post
    I'm also wondering what the guidelines for prompts are. Should they be general like a contest prompt? Just suggest a specific figure? Or give a pitch with personality, skills, etc.?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamera View Post
    A specific Servant prompt is fine. A broader prompt is fine too. Just don't be too specific or too broad. For example, a "Saber El Cid with this specific FC" is fine but "Servantverse EMIYA Pseudo-Servant Grand Saber Gender-bend Chaotic Evil El Cid Alter Blanco with these 5 specific skills and these 5 different NPs" is not really recommended. Just be logical and considerate.

Edit: I changed my mind about the broader prompt limitation. You can actually request a Servant from a specific country or region, within reason, of course.
    I've updated the OP with an additional guideline. Additionally, you can see the example set by already submitted prompts.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Alexcoene's Avatar
    Submitted. Really looking forwards to this!

Blog Entries
    Now am i also submitted here .

Your average angst/edge supplier BnEl15's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Alright, submitted as well. This'll be fun.

Blog Entries
    I'm actually confused on this. So, you will be "distributing" one of the prompt pools to different people? If so, why display them? It's almost like asking someone to prepare a Servant for a prompt, but sucks for them if they then get one they didn't even consider. Wouldn't it be better just to keep them all secret? Also, why are you the one posting them? Shouldn't we post them since it's our gift to the person who's prompt we got, so we should post it while dedicating it to them like it's an actual present? I'm just trying to sort out how this will work.
    Do you like jazz short stories? Do you want something to distract from making Servants? Do you wish the idea of Shirou Kotomine didn't immediately bring edgelords to mind? Well, I can't promise it's good, but some would disagree with me.
    Fate/Without Justice