Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 589101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Create-A-Servant Secret Santa Contest

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyvern View Post
    Who got my prompt then? Like, it was the only one that wasn't made. And everyone's here seems to have participated? Is someone missing?
    It's supposed to be doncosaco. They hasn't been active since like, January 2nd.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bugs View Post
    Hopefully something gets submitted, even if it's late.

I've baaaaarely got my top 5 narrowed down and even that is a stretch. Still not sure whose prompt I got.
    Yeah, even if it's way later on the regular thread.

btw, as other have pointed out, yours (pool 6) is Koga's

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BnEl15 View Post
    Dang, had a vague feeling that was the case midway through writing my sheet. Didn't expect it to be true.
    I didnt even think about it while we talked about it. Should've been obvious to me tho lol
    "Let's see the color of your coin, my friend."

Behold my vault of Heroes.
    Where the Heavens and the Abyss breath the Music of Humanity.

The King's duty is to provide. And provide, I shall.
    University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Our Kingdom will grow. And we shall know each citizen.
    Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

Blog Entries
    You know, reading through these sheets, Louhi and Pope Alexander VI would probably have some really interesting interactions with one another

Also I wanted to say that, although I have no clue whose prompts I got, I hope that they enjoyed the sheet I made for this contest, and that on my part, I had a lot of fun making it and I hope there'll be another contest like this one again!

Your average angst/edge supplier BnEl15's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    That awkward moment when Rodrigo gets posted, only to have his main schtick immediately hard-countered by Barbarossa's "seal demonic effects" NP right afterwards. Isn't it sad, Rodrigo?

Also yeah, him, Louhi, and Brutus should have (a very awkward) dinner party together to reconcile their differences, preferably with someone else handing out the refreshments.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Spammin Spiff's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BnEl15 View Post
    That awkward moment when Rodrigo gets posted, only to have his main schtick immediately hard-countered by Barbarossa's "seal demonic effects" NP right afterwards. Isn't it sad, Rodrigo?

Also yeah, him, Louhi, and Brutus should have (a very awkward) dinner party together to reconcile their differences, preferably with someone else handing out the refreshments.
    Someone's going to end up dead at the end of that dinner party, that's all I know. Whether it be Pope Alexander VI, Louhi, Brutus, or the waiter.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kabalisto Koga's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Spammin Spiff View Post
    Someone's going to end up dead at the end of that dinner party, that's all I know. Whether it be Pope Alexander VI, Louhi, Brutus, or the waiter.
    Well you must admit thta would be an awkawrd dinner party an Pope ,a finish Witch Goddess and an infamous Roman Backstabber that sounds like an start of an joke if you ask me as i think either they dicover similarity and think the other i surprisingly okay or that they break out in a full blown Battle Royal.

Which servant have you next on line ?
    Your verified Chikara-production Studios !

Dont ship me with anyone unless i say so !

When you wake a Dragon in his Lair...

Thinking about fucking around and doing a sheet for every other prompt in addition to my own...eventually.

And now I have to write interactions to go along with mt votes, damn.

Not a day over sixty and with the eyes of a cornered ferret. WhiteFrenzy's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Apologies for these comments being on the short side but I was writing some of my impressions during lunch break. I'm still not done, so this will have a part 2 coming soon. But I hope it's good enough to show how much I'm IMPRESSED by all these entries. They were all stellar. I'm also doing this by order of polls instead by the order the sheets were posted, if I'm allowed.

Hestia: This was definitely NOT the prompt I'd pick if this one was given to me, but oh man I'm so glad you're the one who got it instead, Mr. Mysterious Figure. What an incredible rendition of Hestia (and a mighty addition to the Lover Class too - familiar love is just as strong as the commonly romantic one decipted by the Class), I could totally see her working into the game. And her kit? Fantastic work. I'm always so impressed with the way you weave your tales, there's something really whimsical about them and she's no exception. A strong contender for a lot of votes, I'm sure of it.

Orcus: And here we have another mysterious member posting their amazing sheets, just as usual. As soon as I saw this Servant's class I already knew it would be a banger - it's almost as if Gatekeeper just can't go wrong. BUT YES, IT WAS JUST LIKE I PREDICTED. WHAT A BANGER. The adition of the Divine Tree lore? Wow. What a creative way of portraying this character - but there's also something really bittersweet about the IM skill making him the way he is. The fact he knows it too? You don't play fair.
    Daniel Auber: And then you also take your time to craft a second entry? You madman! THEY'RE SO... MY ACCIDENTAL REVOLUTIONARY CAN'T BE THIS CUTE?? Loved Fenella coming together and being this amazing mute hype-woman too. (I swear whenever I redux Tofana I'm so going to add them to her relationships. This is so good.) And then even though I was already in love with them you make it even better? I mean, HELLO?? That last act was something else. I loved every second of this sheet.

Marie-Antoine Carême: I will be real... This one stole my heart completely. A prompt one wouldn't even think about at first suddenly becomes this amazing exercise in creativity? You deserve all the props. I absolutely adored the extra effort in introducing French to her quotes too, it gives that extra spice (heh) she needs. I don't even need to speak about her abilities and NP, they're just... Perfect. Exactly what she'd have and yet, it's something truly unique. AND THEN THAT REVEAL. WOW. My wig is snatched, congratulations, this perfect Servant managed to get a fan.

Hayreddin Barbarossa: This was a hard prompt, so the fact you managed to create something so well-realized it's already amazing in itself. But as I said, it also has the blessing of being such a realized Servant. A simple presentation that packs quite a punch, actually... I wasn't expecting to like him so much. And like a true pirate Servant, he is just something else. Amazing work!

Louhi: If I had to describe her, it would be with "simple, yet effective". There's something so... Eerie about the sheet? It truly fits a deity from the Underworld. I confess I wasn't familiar with this character and I loved to learn about her with these descriptions. Her NPs are so... SO. It truly fits the character and both are creative crystalizations of her legend. All in all, it was such a great surprise - I can only hope the receiver of your gift is just as satisfied as I was when I finished reading.

P.S: Hey Kamera, I read and re-read the rules but I guess I'm still too dumb.
    Am I understanding correctly in assuming we vote for ONE sheet only, or it'll follow the MCaS rule of 3 votes?
    ——————
    WHITEFRENZY'S
    servants | masters
    —————

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Baron Magnus's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Once again wholesome WhiteFrenzy is once again the king of wholesomeness long may he reign.
    Rookie Lorekeeper, Amateur Extraordinaire, and all around nasunoob.

Blog Entries
    long live the queen

University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kabalisto Koga's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Yes indeed she is the light of positivity !
    Your verified Chikara-production Studios !

Dont ship me with anyone unless i say so !

When you wake a Dragon in his Lair...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteFrenzy View Post
    P.S: Hey Kamera, I read and re-read the rules but I guess I'm still too dumb. Am I understanding correctly in assuming we vote for ONE sheet only, or it'll follow the MCaS rule of 3 votes?
    we follow MCaS voting rule

Well since no one seems to want to be the first to vote I guess I'll take the bullet. I wanna start of by saying everyone did absolutely amazing. You guys were making sheets like a man possessed. Anyway, like Kamera said, MCaS voting rules, so without further ado...

>>1 Point<<1 Point
    The Roswell Alien (Watcher):
    Even though this one wasn't fighting for first like my 1st or 2nd place were, I still absolutely love this sheet. It is a fantastic idea that has been fleshed out stupendously. The use of certain concepts and the lore that was made for this left me with a smile on my face as I was reading it. Your sheet is my favorite sci-fi alien sheet I've seen and will remain so for the foreseeable future. Also, I'm fairly certain the person who did this sheet is Baron Magnus, but I could be wrong, in any case fantastic job.

>>2 Points<<2 Points
    Mother of Gold (Rider):
    Totally not bias since this was made from the prompt pool I wrote, no way. All joking aside, I really enjoyed this take on the prompt and it was the type of servant I was hoping to get from the prompts I wrote. Every single little bit of this servant is well thought out and shows a fairly good understanding of the figure. This makes sense considering I'm fairly certain Pinetree made this Brazilian servant, and Pinetree is Brazilian. This one was barely beat out of first place, and by barely, I do mean by a hair.

>>3 Points<<3 Points
    Marie-Antoine Carême (Foreigner):
    This was really close but this one won it over for me. Everything from the characterization to the lore and abilities was really well thought out, and I love the use of a Lovecraft work that isn't explicitly a part of the Cthulhu mythos as a basis for a Foreigner. I didn't actually figure out who you are, because I don't believe you're DelRey since I'm fairly certain someone else is; I'm certain if I thought about for long enough and did some comparing I could figure out who you are, but I won't don't that. Anyway, I hope you enjoy my praise mysterious person.
    Last edited by Spammin Spiff; January 27th, 2022 at 12:21 PM. Reason: Forgot to add the class names

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Alexcoene's Avatar
    Okay, here we go.

1 point, Mother of Gold: A masterful mixture of several legends about greed and Nasuverse concepts to form a completely cohesive whole. She makes for a very effective 'anti-greed' figure, especially with that link to Fafnir at the end.

2 points, Marie-Antoine Carême:
    Stunning! At first, she seems like a jokey, borderline-useless servant, until you hit the part about the tree. The standard 'Foreigner being tied to a lovecraftian concept' is made novel and fearsome by her completely overriding it. The scariest, final boss-level, baker ever, that's for sure.

3 points, Daniel Auber: Maybe I'm biased there, but you did an amazing job with my prompt. Making him changed into the main character of his opera is a clever way to make a servant, and his relationships with his 'sister' lead to a very wholesome picture. And the reveal honestly caught me completely off-guard. It's a very nice mixing of different stories to make an awesome way to include a metaphorical 'mount Vesuvius'. I could see them as the protagonist of a story.
    Last edited by Alexcoene; January 28th, 2022 at 08:50 AM.

Blog Entries
    I'm going to give 3 points to Marie-Antoine Carême. It came from what I would've considered a hard prompt, it defined a skewed mindset and set of priorities very well, and it took it from there and just kept escalating it to the extreme in such a satisfying way. It read perfect to me.

I've been considering a lot of candidates, but I'd also give 2 points to Louhi and 1 to Rodrigo Borgia.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Baron Magnus's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    There were a lot of good servants this time around. Really. Getting through them all was hard. However i've narrowed it down to just three. Sorry but here are a few honorable mentions:

Hayreddin Barbossa: Honestly, this was such a good sheet. Frankly, had one of the top three not been there I probably would've been torn between him and Hestia. It's just that good. Be proud, sheet-maker.

Hestia: Ah the rival of Barbossa. Wyverns style really comes through and it works well for the servant too. It has such great characterization, feels at home in the story/history its portraying, and it also is well written. A really good servant losing out only because of two other servants.

Orcus: A non-wyvern sheet that feels like a wyvern sheet. It's really really well done. I like the lore, character, skill set... everything is great. Sadly, the only downside is so many great servants. It's just unfortunate.

Mother of Gold: A great sheet. Frankly, it'd almost be in the top three but there's a lot of good contenders; Hestia, Barbossa, Orcus. All of them are really good. The only real problem I guess is that it has the really cool concept of Will-o-Wisps but only uses it sparingly when it could've done a lot more with them. Just how I feel.

Now for the top three. I'll try to give as concise and accurate reason why I picked these three specifically but I really just liked these sheets. All of them did something that I didn't know I needed but gave it anyway.

1 Point, Dionysus (Lostbelt): A great servant. Hestia was too and honestly probably should be above him... except for the reason that it is a near-perfect depiction of Dionysus. It interweaves the lore of Zagreus and Dionysus perfectly while adding the lore of a lostbelt on top of it. It also showcases his character very well by showing his actions in life. Dionysus just struck a chord with me that I can't shake. Yet I can't deny its not quite as good as the other two sheets above it.

2 Points, Marie-Antoine Creme: An excellent servant. It takes such an absurd concept and rather than take the easy route of servantversing it, the writer of this sheet was an absolute madlad and made a real servant based around cooking. I'm fairly confident that even the reveal, it still centers around the concept of cooking to an extent. It's not even just the lore of the servant thats about cooking but the skills, theme, and feel is just 'Cooking'. Seriously. For such a prompt that I couldn't do you sir or madam did a phenomenal job.

3 Points, Avenger of Hope: Yet I can't give it the top spot. That goes instead to this sheet. I love sheets about figures of hope and frankly this sheet embodies the concept of hope even after the reveal. It has such a hopeful tone even when the tinges of sadness ring through. This sheet, almost like the previous, speaks for itself. I don't think I've read a sheet and felt the emotion the writer had and this one gives me that feeling. Kudos, you've earned my three points. Frankly, if I had a 4 point slot this sheet would go there instead. It's my favorite of the whole bunch.
    Rookie Lorekeeper, Amateur Extraordinaire, and all around nasunoob.

Queen of the Dead's Judgment
    "Hmph. Such a rowdy lot. You know I'm no good with crowds, you shitty Master. But...it's been so long since I've had guests. Hurry and clean or get out of my way, a woman's mission is no different if she's a goddess. Let me just get my glasses--who the hell are you calling old?"

1 point - Daniel Auber

“Berserker…that man is far too loud for my tastes, but…no, forget it. For now it’s fine. Usually I’m no good with men who make it their occupation to sing and play pretend, but that girl’s presence is more than enough for me. I…wouldn’t complain if she wanted to braid my hair, that’s all.”

Adorable. There were quite a few sheets fighting for this spot, but the relationship between these two is what pushed it over the edge for me. Daniel himself is also the quintessential Servant, in my opinion. A normal guy who helped change the course of history with a single action, nobody here is more fitting of the title King of One Day.

2 points - Antoine Lavoisier

“Ice cream date? Mommy? What is this nonsense–shut the hell up already! Master, it’s no good, this brat is almost as much trouble as those sons of mine. That being said…there’s something inside this bastard brat that I understand all too well. Though I have to say, the scope is all wrong. Still, even if your grievances lie elsewhere…as a magus and a mother, I can’t allow you to continue.”

Honestly this kind of quality is expected of WF at this point, but the thought put into a “boring” character like a chemist without the legendary pedigree of others in his field like Doctor P is genuinely amazing. But WF’s strength is more than solid adaptations, but creating characters that are fully realized and fleshed out. There’s shades of Angry Mango and Hans in here, but after rereading the sheet a few times I think both are well deserved.

As for the Pretender aspects…I think this nails what Oberon-Vortigen sought to achieve. I don’t even necessarily like Pretenders or the bevy of Extra Classes but this is still up this high because it’s that good. There’s nothing synthetic here, the narrative of the sheet does its job and more. This one fought tooth and nail for first spot, but in the end I hope 2nd is acceptable.

3 points - Pope Alexander VI

“Caster…ordinarily we two spirits would be unable to communicate, possessing the same class container, but it’s hardly the strangest thing around here. You asked me before about the nature of evil, Master. Why those three beasts of men would be allowed to succeed while an innocent like me lay wasting away in the dark and cold. This is your answer. This man is a testament of all human evils. Like a beast, he will eliminate all threats to his immediate happiness, until he has fully entrenched himself like a parasite–feeding on the contentment of innocents to fuel his own unnecessary existence. If evil is truly subjective, then allow my evil to judge yours.”

This sheet is so fucking good, dude. Maybe I’m biased, but the twisted nature of the Borgia gangster-dynasty always fascinates whenever it comes up. The inclusion of Dantalion works in so many different ways, and while I think the sheet would be just fine without that connection, Evil Demon Pope hits a lot harder than Evil Pope by himself would. A rare occurance of fitting FGO lore into fan content that I end up liking quite a lot. What I’m trying to say is you can’t just tease fic content and not deliver. Please.

Blog Entries
    Okay sorry, I was a bit busy IRL so I took some time to read through all the sheets. And I must say, I'm impressed. Everyone did such an amazing job. And I feel honored about my prompt not getting 1 nor 2 sheets but 3! And each of them is remarkably well done, congratulations (from the presentation, I would guess it's from Baron Magnus).

And for people who wondered, I was the one to do Marie-Antoine Carême. I genuinely appreciate the enthusiastic reactions, thanks! Tbh that's all thanks to the prompt, without it I would have never thought of doing Evil Foreigner Destroyer of Worlds Gordon Ramsay.

Anyway, without further ado, here’s my top 3!

1 Point : the Roswell Alien

That's such a brilliant idea! And it was nicely executed! Honestly, when I gave this prompt I had no idea of what would be made of it. I guess I couldn't have gotten something more alien than that. I applaud you.

2 Points : Hegel

It was a close 3 point. And a part of me still wants to grant him the first place. I feel like you perfectly adapted Hegel into a servant (also I find the Watcher class very fitting). The skills are coherent, the NP are extremely clever (I especially like the last one, creating a Lostbelt is hella cool). Good job!

3 Points : Antoine Lavoisier

Here again WF proved herself as an excellent writer, honestly I don't know what else to say. Lavoisier has a very strong characterisation, and even though he's something immeasurably evil there's something about him that feels "real". Furthermore, the Pretender class was masterfully handled, the moment when his personality switch was sooo satisfying!

Honorable Mentions:

Orcus : That one definitely got 4th place. I don’t know much about him, but I feel like there was a lot of thought put into his background, on how to make the real life Orcus lore into something coherent in the nasuverse. I also really like the way the Divine Tree lore was used.

Daniel Auber : The whole brother sister dynamic worked very well, it’s very charming.

Van Schrodinger : Hell yeah, that's what I hoped to see for my GudaGuda prompt, a thought experiment! And I think you definitely deserve credits for the way you handled its background. Not just a thought experiment, but something with a more grounded lore.

Oh, that was you? Fantastic job on the sheet Frigix!

On the topic of who wrote which sheet, most of the people here probably know which sheet I wrote, but I'll reveal it for those who don't after the voting period ends.

Blog Entries
    I have a hard time deciding so I will just write down short comments on the ones that are worthy of my points and decide on the run.

Hestia: Another strong and epic sheet for the 12 Pillars. It is so interesting to see that within a year 3 different renditions of this character popped up, but none of the other 11! Because I have to be nitpicky in this strong pool I think the hierarchy part of her being the original owner of the crown and stuff is not exactly to my liking

Orcus and Auber: What wonderful pieces of art, deserving of all the praise in the worl-- oh yeah those were mine jokes aside, I was surprised they get so many mentions and points so far. thanks for that.

Marie-Antoine Careme: Now that the author outed themself: You have my greatest respect! It is a great sheet in which a smart application of a prompt and class, a story of Lovecraft I wasn't even aware of, and a terrifying concept that merges Wyverns beloved lore and traces of Tamagovitch just make the perfect dish (badumm-tss). It even uses the vague ideas that recently formed in my head. So once I get back into Foreigner business, be sure that she is referenced.

Louhi: A sheet that sticks with me. Before starting here I dipped my toes into Finno-Baltic Myths and just never found much stuff on Louhi. She was also part of the alterego girl so I thought perhaps she does not have much going on. But you presented her in a light that presents her whole story nicely. It is just a really good sheet that deserves the mentions.

Dionysus: A great adaptation of his myth into a world that doesn't allow a smooth adaption. If Dionysus belongs to the native greek gods or to the fleet will be a discussion until we get canon answers, but your rendition played both worlds really well.

G.W.F. Hegel: Behold the King of Philosophers. The sheet and the creator. Great use of the class integrating the spirits, the wacky inclusion of the fantasy trees. You kept the powers of those spirits vague, I would've wished for at least bit more elaboration, but this sheet didn't leave my mind since then.

Mother of Gold: There is no real contest without Brazil. And Brazil we got. Banger of a sheet and concept. I adore what you did with her. She is just that good. Brazil has just too many riches man. The Gold, the precious stones, the nature, the creative people living there, the booties on the beach.

Antoine Lavoisier: Speaking of riches from Brazil. Another great sheet and it has many things to love. It has all the little checkmarks that makes a good Pretender Sheet and WF sheet. Character, Charisma, style, story, reveal, the aspects of vagueness. But I feel like the story is actually the weak point here. Its the "writing yourself into a corner"-situation, not really, but in parts. "All the world's evil are the same essence" is a big syncretization. That it is held by someone all the time makes sense and perhaps i simply missed the point, but I dont feel their connection outside transformation. I would attempt to describe it with a great story you tell right now but its backstory is pretty wonky imo. I can feel this part was the hardest to convey for you.

Rodrigo Borgia: It is actually pretty that we got paired up and basically talked about it and I didnt realize that you got my prompt. I honestly forgot it even. Still, the end result is a great execution of FGO magus bullshittery, italian affairs and an ominous figure that would fit and fit not into your wholesome-daddy-club.

As you can see I liked half the cast of this BL got Talent show. Did it help my decision making process?
    Fuck no, I have to go with the gut

Hegel: 3 points. It haunts me. Take my points, bud.
    Careme: 2 points. It eats away at my pride as the Foreiger-guy here.
    Louhi: 1 point. Her spells somehow follow me around.

all others who were mentioned, you are my esteemed 4th place.

Create-a-Servant 4 soon.