View Poll Results: What TM heroine would you LEAST want to date?

Voters
85. You may not vote on this poll
  • Saber

4 4.71%
  • Rin

7 8.24%
  • Sakura

11 12.94%
  • Arcueid

2 2.35%
  • Ciel

3 3.53%
  • Akiha

7 8.24%
  • Hisui

0 0%
  • Kohaku

5 5.88%
  • Aoko

0 0%
  • Alice

0 0%
  • Shiki

6 7.06%
  • Nero

14 16.47%
  • Tamamo

3 3.53%
  • Mashu

4 4.71%
  • All of the above.

5 5.88%
  • None of the above.

4 4.71%
  • My option isn't listed! (Reply with character)

0 0%
  • Gray

0 0%
  • Ayaka

0 0%
  • Erice

5 5.88%
  • Jeanne

5 5.88%
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 478910 LastLast

Thread: What TM heroine would you LEAST want to date?

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    If I'm speaking realistically I'd vote for Shiki as she is A LOT to handle and I'm too reserved.

Speaking from years of annoyance at her being the most frequently forced down my throat I'd pick Mash, if I could at least treat her like a little sister like Lyria she'd be less unbearable but I can't so even now that I've mostly gotten over the hate I had I can't fully like her like I did when I was new.

So I'll just vote for Erice because she's 14 and consequently very tiresome.

- - - Updated - - -

Relieved no votes for Ayaka and Gray

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle sentence's Avatar
    Erice is not a heroine, she's the protagonist technically.
    So aren't Mahou trio.

Thus I didn't count them, otherwise it would be Aoko, as destroying universal balance for petty reasons is likely the scariest thing.

And yeah I am assuming I am answering that as "protagonist" otherwise let's be real it would be "no one" because you would be dead rather fast with every one of them (but maybe Rin and Jeanne).

Quote Originally Posted by madarra View Post
    Good luck, FGO had to create a contrived trolley problem for Jeanne of "Die to uphold my sainthood or refuse to stop Guda from killing himself trying to save me from the pyre" to create even a foothold for Jalters existence.
    Maybe if Guda were catholic...

HSTP 500 Internal S ervant  Error aldeayeah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I'd say Illya/Len.
    don't quote me on this

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Synaptic Star's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mami-kouga View Post
    Relieved no votes for Ayaka
    I temporally voted for Ayaka because I thought it said Azaka.

I will forgive your sins just for Akaza being your actual target

全力後輩 - Zenryoku Kohai Altima of the Gates's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Prix with a Silent X View Post
    This is very much a personal take on it so take it with a grain of salt but I don't like it because:

1) The notion that Sakura is forever hyper-libidinous for some reason (feels icky for her to have 'gotten over' anything) and that this plays into Shirou having no choice but to have lots of sex with her to survive. It just... seems like it could breed resentment in one direction or the other after the new and teenage hormones wore down.

2) The fact that the part of the epilogue with Rin goes out of its way to mention that she still has feelings for Shirou in spite of some casual attempts at dating suitable guys at the Clock Tower, contrasted with the fact that she eventually moves on and has a daughter with somebody if Shirou is dead. HF actually has some better "Rin and Shirou are soulmates" material than UBW does, and it just strikes me that there's a ton of potential for them to have, at the very least, emotional infidelity that could ruin everything for everyone.

3) Related to #2 there is the fact that (a version of) Shirou literally always comes back for Rin in every iteration of this story, even if he dies in the end to protect her, contrasted with the fact that Sakura has to "It's spring again," be kind of crazy.

Not a dislike of Sakura or Shirou. I just get really sad thinking about them as endgame.
    There are few issues here with this. Shirou doesn't seem forced to get his treatment, as they aren't having him panting back home to get recharged or show Sakura keeping him on a leash.
    What they got out of it was that sometimes he needs to get checked up by Sakura, and that Sakura needs to release magical energy. Neither seek to want to band a8d the issue, which is why Sakura still tries to find him a new body. Its Shirou that tells her not to bother, not Sakura being a slave to the dick, to be blunt.
    See, that I think may be a big problem with the analysis of things between the two. You could run the gamut of disaster scenarios some people put up, Sakura will cheat, Shirou will cheat with Rin, Sakura will die and Shirou will memtally collapse and vice versa for Sakura, Sakura uses him as a boytoy on a leash, the list goes on.
    But those scenarios kinda miss the fact that the two are trying to move forward in their lives as individuals, and together. To reiterate, Shirou is doing his own thing and helping Issei rebuild Ryuudouji, Sakura has found her own mentor. So things are changing, not staying stagnant.

Hell, the part with Rin and Shirou being awkward and Sakura just teasing them about it doesn't seem like it goes any further than that. If anything, you'd think that reaction would be a sign of positive change. While also having her straight up admit, she has feelings of anxiety and guilt she deals with by pushing herself through other pursuits.
    Honestly, the most worrying thing is Rin actually suggesting that these two people with unknown magical qualities join the Association as a big no-no. Planting a bullseye on the couple when they're still working out things seemed like a real snafu on her part.
    It shows a nuanced situation where their bodies condition is tenuous, but they work through it.

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mami-kouga View Post
    I will forgive your sins just for Akaza being your actual target
    I am honestly surprised she's not been put on here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

They tried adding pure heroin to Azaka's story in the anime and it still wasnt enough to make her qualify as a heroine. For shame.

Honestly, I feel like I would bore most of the heroines on a date attempt.

And a pity date would feel even worse.

Actually agree. The date in both the anime and VN was good. Same goes with the cooking scenes in HF.
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six OnesFleetingGlory's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Seeing that the heroines already have their eyes set on the MCs, I'm more interested in observing how their dates go in normal times.

This might double as unpopular opinion, but I really like the date episode in UBW anime, and curious how they'll go on without additional baggage that is HGW. Things like master-apprentice romance despite the age similarity would be intriguing.
    Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    Actually agree. The date in both the anime and VN was good. Same goes with the cooking scenes in HF.
    Oops. Sorry Sir Gau, I was going to re-post my comment in the MOST want to date, but since you already reply here, I'll post it here back.

No prob. I also failed to check which thread we were in.

While most of "main" heroines of Type-Moon are great, there are some I would just not date. Even if I have nothing against them as people, they wouldn't do as love interests, at least not without a serious change in attitude (and they never did in canon works).
    I'll only pick those from the OP list that whose content I watched/read/played (so no picking anyone from Mahoyo, who I don't know well).
    Akiha - her being flat is the least of a problem, and the only one which isn't deal-killer for me. She controlling and dishonest about her motivations, so despite her best intentions she comes off as arbitrarily petty. Unlike most of TM heroines I used to dislike but grew fond of over time, I still "nope" her.
    Shiki - I only know her from her movies. I am not the type to care for romance, but she's so unromantic she even puts me off. If she was a guy and Mikya was her detective-buddy 95% of her movies plot would remain the same. Perfectly decent person, but not one I'd date.
    Caren - she's not in the list, but technically she's a Fate heroine. She's too sadistic to me, too much of her father in her. If I wanted casual masochism (on my side) to be thing in the relationship, there are safer options who'd be willing indulge their boyfriend. But then, we didn't get to see her in love, just thrown snark at men she's at most mildly interested with, so maybe she's be gentler with someone she loved and kept her bitch end pointed somewhere else.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six OnesFleetingGlory's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    To be fair, most heroines in Nasuverse have quirks that exist because of backgrounds and circumstances surrounding them. Ghosts summoned for battles, heirs to magical families, immortal beings, monster exterminators, etc. it would be tough to date them normally IRL. They worked as love interests because the MCs themselves are equally unique, either in origins or mindsets or even both.

Blog Entries
    Wait. How did I forget Ayaka? The mods had to put her in.
    I also forgot Caren.

Interesting results and discussion though.

- - - Updated - - -

Come to think of it, there are a few characters that might almost count given the vague definition of "heroine". Azaka, Illya, Len. Fujou (Fujino? The twist girl? Can never remember.) maybe, but it's a stretch.
    Last edited by Cypher Attic; May 25th, 2022 at 10:50 PM.
    I think it goes: "I don't trust people like me." — no, that's not it…

Quote Originally Posted by Namelesss
    Quote me on this, 10 years from now TM will not release a global VN work.

Quote Originally Posted by Prix with a Silent X View Post
    This is very much a personal take on it so take it with a grain of salt but I don't like it because:

1) The notion that Sakura is forever hyper-libidinous for some reason (feels icky for her to have 'gotten over' anything) and that this plays into Shirou having no choice but to have lots of sex with her to survive. It just... seems like it could breed resentment in one direction or the other after the new and teenage hormones wore down.

2) The fact that the part of the epilogue with Rin goes out of its way to mention that she still has feelings for Shirou in spite of some casual attempts at dating suitable guys at the Clock Tower, contrasted with the fact that she eventually moves on and has a daughter with somebody if Shirou is dead. HF actually has some better "Rin and Shirou are soulmates" material than UBW does, and it just strikes me that there's a ton of potential for them to have, at the very least, emotional infidelity that could ruin everything for everyone.

3) Related to #2 there is the fact that (a version of) Shirou literally always comes back for Rin in every iteration of this story, even if he dies in the end to protect her, contrasted with the fact that Sakura has to "It's spring again," be kind of crazy.

Not a dislike of Sakura or Shirou. I just get really sad thinking about them as endgame.
    On this note, man oh man, it just breaks my poor tender heart to think of all the problems Shirou and Rin are going to inevitably run into and fail to deal with in their relationship after UBW, like how they'll never be able to get along in bed, and how Shirou will inevitably want to cheat on Rin with Sakura (my source for these problems: I pulled them out of my ass)

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    but enough about my man kiasa
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Tranquilo, Japones, Tranquilo JetKinen's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Taiga isn't listed because everyone wants to date Taiga.

Fate Grand/Order ID: 102947414/GreenBob
    JetKinen's tries very poorly to translate a brazilian book

Quote Originally Posted by JetKinen View Post
    Taiga isn't listed because everyone wants to date Taiga.
    Waver would probably best us to her (if they ran into each other again).