1 1.64%
  • Mikiya - Mana

1 1.64%
  • Rin - Archer

1 1.64%
  • Rin - Sakura

6 9.84%
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 345671015 ... LastLast

Thread: Which TM relationship is the most toxic?

love me until I love myself Prix with a Silent X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SeiKeo View Post
    Is it more or less problematic when your adoptive sister is or isn't your guardian when you fuck her to save her life?

Fuck or die is fun in Fiction if there's any underlying attraction between the characters.
    Imagine that the world is made out of love. Now imagine that it isn’t.

Imagine a story where everything goes wrong, where everyone has their back against the wall, where everyone is in pain and acting selfishly because if they don’t, they’ll die.
    Imagine a story, not of good against evil, but of need against need against need, where everyone is at cross-purposes and everyone is to blame.

Blog of Fiction for You to Consume
    Other Links

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow View Post
    Let Sakura say fuck and eat junkfood you weirdos.

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    "Hmm I am aware that there are bad things in town and my brother is literally living on 1/3rd of a tank of life-force gas, which he gets from me, perhaps I will set a strict curfew for him to keep him safe"

NOOOOOOOO THAT'S ABUSE NOOOOOO I NEED TO GO OUT AFTER DARK AND STAB VAMPIRES MOMMY PLEASE
    Why not mention that first part to brother dearest?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilm View Post
    So if she was an older sister, his guardian and 18, you'd think her actions are fine? And it's purely abusive because she is young?

Or do you thinks parents defacto setting a curfew and taking away a kid's phone is abuse?

It's one or the other.
    I've been clear, but I do think blanket curfews without any explanation are abusive. That, and Akiha's a bitch about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    Why not mention that first part to brother dearest?

- - - Updated - - -

I've been clear, but I do think blanket curfews without any explanation are abusive. That, and Akiha's a bitch about it.
    How do you know she is a bitch about it if you haven't even read it.
    You have a very loose and shallow definition of abuse.

Also for why not tell him about what is going outside, since she does know his backstory, she is afraid telling him will only guarantee that he will for sure go out vampire hunting.
    Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    dumb people always have shit opinions about eva, its like some kind of more reliable iq test
    [20:47:33] I3uster: in 2015 a crack memer was sent to skype prison by a court of his Peers for a crime he didnt commit. he promptly escaped from his Maximum security Forum into the twitter Underground. Today, still wanted by the skype Group he survives as memer of fortune. If you Need a shitpost, if nobody else can fuck up a thread, and if you can find him, maybe you can hire: June.

20.06.2014 Never forget

love me until I love myself Prix with a Silent X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I feel like there's a trope in Japanese media about women who are seemingly very controlling and bossy and "because I said so" that turns out to be all onion-layered. Maybe not just Japanese media but I think it has a flavor.
    Imagine that the world is made out of love. Now imagine that it isn’t.

Imagine a story where everything goes wrong, where everyone has their back against the wall, where everyone is in pain and acting selfishly because if they don’t, they’ll die.
    Imagine a story, not of good against evil, but of need against need against need, where everyone is at cross-purposes and everyone is to blame.

Blog of Fiction for You to Consume
    Other Links

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow View Post
    Let Sakura say fuck and eat junkfood you weirdos.

"Do this because I say so" is what all parents do around the world, my parents continue to do that with me, does that mean that they are abusing me? And age should not be a factor because it is obvious that Akiha is older mature than most adults or at least more mature than Shiki

- - - Updated - - -

Plus it's not like I'm forcing him to do anything, after all even when he breaks those rules it's not like she's doing little more than getting angry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Menwearpink View Post
    Dont think Gil yelling at you to become a uberman will get you a thousand blades unknown to life nor death.
    In the nasuverse the easiest way to find out who is the strongest is to have them fight. Whoever loses was the stronger one.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Moving the goalposts back to where they initially were, is everyone here really agreed about the power imbalance in Shiki and Akiha’s relationship?

Blog Entries
    I do not think there is much a power imbalance tbh, Akiha has no actual power to stop Shiki from disobeying her. When that was first made as a point I had thought Shiki was the one that had power over her, but don't really agree with that either.
    dumb people always have shit opinions about eva, its like some kind of more reliable iq test
    [20:47:33] I3uster: in 2015 a crack memer was sent to skype prison by a court of his Peers for a crime he didnt commit. he promptly escaped from his Maximum security Forum into the twitter Underground. Today, still wanted by the skype Group he survives as memer of fortune. If you Need a shitpost, if nobody else can fuck up a thread, and if you can find him, maybe you can hire: June.

20.06.2014 Never forget

Quote Originally Posted by Alfredo845 View Post
    "Do this because I say so" is what all parents do around the world, my parents continue to do that with me, does that mean that they are abusing me? And age should not be a factor because it is obvious that Akiha is older mature than most adults or at least more mature than Shiki

- - - Updated - - -

Plus it's not like I'm forcing him to do anything, after all even when he breaks those rules it's not like she's doing little more than getting angry.
    My parents never really did that to me, and I'm grateful for it. And yes, I do consider it at least mildly abusive, along with shit like spanking and being purposely emotionally undemonstrative to your kids.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    Moving the goalposts back to where they initially were, is everyone here really agreed about the power imbalance in Shiki and Akiha’s relationship?
    Yes.
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

Certainly she has much more power in the relationship, that being said that also applies to Shiki and Arc's relationship and I don't see anyone complaining
    Dont think Gil yelling at you to become a uberman will get you a thousand blades unknown to life nor death.
    In the nasuverse the easiest way to find out who is the strongest is to have them fight. Whoever loses was the stronger one.

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilm View Post
    I do not think there is much a power imbalance tbh, Akiha has no actual power to stop Shiki from disobeying her. When that was first made as a point I had thought Shiki was the one that had power over her, but don't really agree with that either.
    He is basically her shikigami, right? Doesn't that lead to some power imbalance?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Alfredo845 View Post
    Certainly she has much more power in the relationship, that being said that also applies to Shiki and Arc's relationship and I don't see anyone complaining
    Arc doesn't really try to exert her authority over Shiki, and their relationship feels more equal.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, she's just at stronger than Shiki, she doesn't hold actual power over h, at least not at first.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    He is basically her shikigami, right? Doesn't that lead to some power imbalance?

- - - Updated - - -

Arc doesn't really try to exert her authority over Shiki, and their relationship feels more equal.
    Not really, she doesn't have any magical control over him. I guess there is a real world power imbalance, since she controls the money and gives him a place to live, but that isn't really something she ever truly leverages. Power imbalance usually only is brought up as an issue if the relationship relies on one side levering that power. So IE Akiha uses the fact she has money and owns the place to force Shiki to sleep with her or else she will make him homeless.

Power imbalance in this case literally just seems like a moot point whatever imbalance there is.

20.06.2014 Never forget

Arc also has his eyes of charm and if he wanted he could make Shiki her familiar and he could not resist
    Last edited by Alfredo845; December 27th, 2021 at 04:51 PM.

Blog Entries
    I don't think there is power imbalance abuse in any of the tsuki relationships, but if we talk about potential for it, it is by far the biggest with Arc, since she is literally magnitudes more powerful.

20.06.2014 Never forget

I still think Akiha's has the most power imbalance, since she has magical and financial leverage over him that the others don't immediately have. Individually, both Arc and Ciel are stronger than him, but Akiha has the systemic power over him.

If you're talking about power imbalances, than that would make Shirou/Saber (and more to a point, all Servant/Master relations (including Arc/Len)) far more toxic, as the power imbalance is far greater. After all, the "Master" literally holds the "Servant's" life in their hands (And more to the point, the very fact that the relationship is called 'Master' and 'Servant' should tell you everything you need to know about it). The Master gives many orders and makes many decisions that the Servant disagrees with, but is still forced to put up with simply due to the fact that the power is concentrated in the Master's hands, despite the Servant's 'superiority'. And even going further, the Master possesses three command spells, which can essentially force the Servant to carry out any order regardless of their own will or feelings in the matter. And nothing can be done about it, considering this power balance is literally intended and build into the system. A deliberate, systemic power imbalance.
    <Satehi> I, satehi, thought of tentacles first for entirely inappropriate, disgusting, lewd and perverted reasons

Honk

アルテミット・ソット Ultimate Thot Five_X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    A Tang post???
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

[11:20:46 AM] GlowStiks: lucina is supes attractive
    [12:40] Lace: lucina is amazing
    [12:40] Neir: lucina is pretty much flawless

For me Shiki's relationships where there is more possibility of abuse of power are in order:

Shiki / Arc

Shiki / Akiha

Shiki / Kohaku

Shiki / Hisui

Shiki / Ciel

JP Friend Code
    003254397 / Ratman
    Blog Entries
    Shiki-Len is the most toxic, poisoning the well of the franchise's future.

Quote Originally Posted by Tangerang View Post
    If you're talking about power imbalances, than that would make Shirou/Saber (and more to a point, all Servant/Master relations (including Arc/Len)) far more toxic, as the power imbalance is far greater. After all, the "Master" literally holds the "Servant's" life in their hands (And more to the point, the very fact that the relationship is called 'Master' and 'Servant' should tell you everything you need to know about it). The Master gives many orders and makes many decisions that the Servant disagrees with, but is still forced to put up with simply due to the fact that the power is concentrated in the Master's hands, despite the Servant's 'superiority'. And even going further, the Master possesses three command spells, which can essentially force the Servant to carry out any order regardless of their own will or feelings in the matter. And nothing can be done about it, considering this power balance is literally intended and build into the system. A deliberate, systemic power imbalance.
    You're kinda preaching to the choir here, since I don't really ship any Master-Servant pairs.

What is this heresy?