Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What is your most favorite NP? and least favorite?

What is your most favorite NP? and least favorite?

I'm not gonna make a poll as there is far, far too many

Some of my favorites have to be, Legend of dracula as one, Balmung aesthetically is the best sword, Yagyu's is pretty great

Least favorites, gate of babylon, it's just a massive writing issue

My favorite, as cliche as it is, is Unlimited blade works.

My least favorite is Okita's third NP, which strikes me as the poorest quality copy of Ionioi Hetairoi.
    Last edited by Alfredo845; December 27th, 2021 at 05:02 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Menwearpink View Post
    Dont think Gil yelling at you to become a uberman will get you a thousand blades unknown to life nor death.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    In the nasuverse the easiest way to find out who is the strongest is to have them fight. Whoever loses was the stronger one.

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    My favorite is honestly Excalibur. Just the meaning and message behind it brings a tear to my eye, especially when Iri described it in Zero.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Saying UBW feels like cheating, so I'll say Knight of Owner: A Knight Does not Die Empty Handed still hasn't been bested despite being criminally undertutilized whenever either Lancelot has appeared.

Akhilleus Kosmos is legitimately epic. Thanks webgen.

Artemis Hagnós is beautiful and Dio Santissimo Misericordia de Mi has one of the best voiceovers in FGO.

Shoutout to my man Amakusa who has the worst NP in the entire franchise. You deserved better bro.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    UBW and Unlimited Rice Works are slick, God Hand's cool

Can't recall which NP is the shittiest but it's definitely from FGO.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Blog Entries
    I'll have to cheese it and say God Hand. It's just such a major component of what makes Heracles such a juggernaut. Yet at the same time its a pretty simple NP. all things considered.

As for one I like the least... it would definitely have to be Immortal Chaos Brigade. If only because its copying stuff like Leonidas' summoning of his 300 soldiers to create a knock off Shadow Clone jutsu because ninja, I suppose. It really feels like it doesn't add much personality to Kotarou himself.

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    Can't recall which NP is the shittiest but it's definitely from FGO.
    Probably Boudica's flying chariot. A poor man's Gordius Wheel.
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pinetree View Post
    Saying UBW feels like cheating, so I'll say Knight of Owner: A Knight Does not Die Empty Handed still hasn't been bested despite being criminally undertutilized whenever either Lancelot has appeared.

Akhilleus Kosmos is legitimately epic. Thanks webgen.

Artemis Hagnós is beautiful and Dio Santissimo Misericordia de Mi has one of the best voiceovers in FGO.

Shoutout to my man Amakusa who has the worst NP in the entire franchise. You deserved better bro.
    Amakusa's is useful when he needs it to be, we just never saw it used to its full potential.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

JP Friend Code
    Favorites: God Hand and Astrapste Argo

Least favorite: Gae Buidhe

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    To this day Avalon is still my favorite (semi-related variations like Around Avalon or Garden of Avalon included). I just love the whole "ideal dream" feeling surrounding it, plus its thematic nuance in relation to Artoria's character arc. It feels wonderfully poetic.

On a similar note I also absolutely love Ars Nova and Unlimited Blade Works, and Gate of Babylon & Enuma Elish will never not be among the most badass things in the franchise.

There are way too many bland NPs I barely even remember so I can't really decide on a least favorite, nothing which I actively dislike comes to mind.

マリーの味方
    Ionioi Hetairoi is my favourite. It might be overrated somewhat and spawned a lot of terrible copy cats (both in-universe and fan content), but thematically it is still kino.

There are many bad NPs due to Grand Order honestly so it's hard to say just one. Marie's NPs are definitely a contender though.

Tamamo extra record animation for her NP is great

Blog Entries
    Gotta be Stella for the most favorite.

Contrary to others, while I don't think it's the worst, God's Hand has a pretty horrible and inconsistent execution all round. Also honorary mention to Rhongomyniad for the single most wanked NP in the whole Type Moon. Though, my least favorite is probably Reincarnation Pandora.

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Favourite NP huh? It can only be "STELLAAA!!!" for the sheer epicness of that scene. Gave me chills and would love to see it animated.

I'll have to give a raincheck for least favourite as people have pointed out, there's far too many bland and uninspired ones from the conveyer belt of Servants that is F/GO.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamera View Post
    Also honorary mention to Rhongomyniad for the single most wanked NP in the whole Type Moon.
    On the one hand, you'd think a Holy Spear given to Arthur by God Himself would be plenty powerful. But then they had to go and make up a new backstory for it being the pin that binds the two sides of the World or whatever, and that kinda ticks me off.
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Skull View Post
    Favourite NP huh? It can only be "STELLAAA!!!" for the sheer epicness of that scene. Gave me chills and would love to see it animated.
    First Camelot movie.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    Amakusa's is useful when he needs it to be, we just never saw it used to its full potential.
    If we never see it, it might as well not exist.
    He only ever uses it for Big Crunch which is not what I wanted out of an Amakusa HS.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Wow I can't just pick one least favorite.

Ever since F/GO (and to a lesser extent, EXTRA) forced Noble Phantasms into a gameplay system, they've become consistently uninspired and uninteresting. When you need a Noble Phantasm to simply blast mooks, the need for them to serve an interesting story-telling purpose goes out the window.

Strangely this then seems to have carried over into the actual story-telling of the game. Rarely does overcoming an opponents very specific abilities come into play during F/GO's stories. Naturally, it interjects other sources of drama and tension, but the uniqueness of the Noble Phantasm has largely been left behind in the process.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six OnesFleetingGlory's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Most: Alf Layla wa Layla.

What was seen in Agartha is incredible, and during Ooku as well as in Summer 2 give a look of how versatile it is. She can potentially conjure characters, objects, and magical beings from her stories for various tasks is just interesting. A location might be too much without magical source on par with Holy Grail, though.
    Last edited by OnesFleetingGlory; December 27th, 2021 at 06:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Petrikow View Post

Ever since F/GO (and to a lesser extent, EXTRA) forced Noble Phantasms into a gameplay system, they've become consistently uninspired and uninteresting. When you need a Noble Phantasm to simply blast mooks, the need for them to serve an interesting story-telling purpose goes out the window.

Strangely this then seems to have carried over into the actual story-telling of the game. Rarely does overcoming an opponents very specific abilities come into play during F/GO's stories. Naturally, it interjects other sources of drama and tension, but the uniqueness of the Noble Phantasm has largely been left behind in the process.
    Name multiple

But wasnt there already a joke bout beam swords already before fgo

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Petrikow View Post

Yeah, there’s nothing else I can add to this that you’ve already covered

Pretty telling most responses here so far even go ye, GO inspired NPs are going to be the typical lame NP offender

One type that always had me guarded were those permanently steal your NP ones