Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What Keeps You Coming to Beast's Lair?

Quote Originally Posted by Wyvern View Post
    Sounds kinda silly, no?
    I don't think it sounds silly at all tbh. Even if you feel like you barely moved from where you started, that's still upward progress, sometimes it takes years and years and then it suddenly hits you, sometimes it's a slow but sometimes fulfilling slog, but as long as you're kicking and fighting I think it's worthwhile when it comes to making things in general. And I'm sure the person who inspired you would feel happy about the effect they had on you.

Somewhat ot I realize but I've been personally struggling with similar feelings lately, so I can commiserate. Much like I'm falling back on TM cause it's something I've written before and feels familiar, I hope it stays a refuge for you even if you move on to other things.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow View Post
    Somewhat ot I realize but I've been personally struggling with similar feelings lately, so I can commiserate. Much like I'm falling back on TM cause it's something I've written before and feels familiar, I hope it stays a refuge for you even if you move on to other things.
    I think it was the fact that I can see for the first time that what I'm doing is creating enjoyment.

Writing can be such a cold impersonal business, because most people can't find the time to dedicate to something that doesn't really interest them. So many stories out there pass by unnoticed because people can't be bothered to give an opinion or acknowledge that the story even exists. I tried to make a Quest of my own before. But the feeling of... sheer apathy that I got made it clear I chose the wrong path to try and imitate what hooked me in the Quest that brought me here.

I couldn't expect to get anything out of people who aren't invested. And it takes a long time to create that investment.

So I took a different route.

I decided to try and find a niche where what I make could have a space for itself and not have to contend with other established things. I guess its sorta heartless, stepping away from a community you love because what you made would never measure up to what brought them together. But I'm glad I'm finding my footing here. And building up my own world and creation one step at time.

The South America of the Nasuverse. The El Dorado Lostbelt. It really feels like what I'm making is building up to something now.

And that's what keeps me coming back. To experience that... acknowledgement? That what I'm makinghas touched someone.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    I came here for fanfics and stayed for the fun people. I like talking about TM stuff with cool people.

- - - Updated - - -

Because I learnt of Type Moon through FGO, which seems to be a big time taboo over here when it comes to new members.
    It's not how you start but what you do that matters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kabalisto Koga's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Wel i got her through some youtube video commentarie discussion and that i joined this forum where i just some few weaks knew of typemoon through the anime as i am a anime only and wiki reader as i havent read a single novel of fate . though i must still watch heavens feel 3 and the Grand order Movie.

Aside that have i noticed that the making of Servants is fun and that my love for history did partially awakened through the researches for the Servant making . Although i noticed that my english grammer was bad as its not my first language and i think that i didnt made great progressions albeit i tried to better in it but i am perhaps a bit blind in to notice my own grammar or spelling errors and honestly i dont notice grammer difference of my and the Servant profile oft he other makers .

but still despite that my Works are rarely aknowledged or even praised am i really happy when it is . asduring the olast yera and this was the working of the Servants and the talk with the other Members one of the few joys during Quarantine specially if one has aside that not much joy like friends .

Also despite that my work is seldom valued am i still trying to better it and get some aknowledgmnt and praise one day . Does that sound ridiculous or silly ?

As the working on the servants and the Lostbelt story i wright is a sort of mean, as depression like (menta) states for a sensible and to pessimistic tending peron like can be a inspiration source me to fight the inner depression i might have .

But that my works arent even properly noticed and getting the feeeling to be ingored or unregarded is not a good feeling rather sometimes hurting .

Despite all that come i back here as i discovered my passion to wright and i strive that one day i get aknowledgement .
    Your verified Chikara-production Studios !

Dont ship me with anyone unless i say so !

When you wake a Dragon in his Lair...

マリーの味方
    I originally came here for fan fiction. I stayed because I really liked Fate and this was the best place to discuss it.

These days I barely keep up with Fate so I'm not really sure why I came back.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kabalisto Koga's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I think it was the fact that I can see for the first time that what I'm doing is creating enjoyment.

Writing can be such a cold impersonal business, because most people can't find the time to dedicate to something that doesn't really interest them. So many stories out there pass by unnoticed because people can't be bothered to give an opinion or acknowledge that the story even exists. I tried to make a Quest of my own before. But the feeling of... sheer apathy that I got made it clear I chose the wrong path to try and imitate what hooked me in the Quest that brought me here.

I couldn't expect to get anything out of people who aren't invested. And it takes a long time to create that investment.

So I took a different route.

I decided to try and find a niche where what I make could have a space for itself and not have to contend with other established things. I guess its sorta heartless, stepping away from a community you love because what you made would never measure up to what brought them together. But I'm glad I'm finding my footing here. And building up my own world and creation one step at time.

The South America of the Nasuverse. The El Dorado Lostbelt. It really feels like what I'm making is building up to something now.

And that's what keeps me coming back. To experience that... acknowledgement? That what I'm makinghas touched someone.
    in that MAtter have you succeded as i created an reall hyped Lostbelt project and you rae regarded as one of the most valued Servant creators as i am not the only one that waits for your Lostbelt story and how it goes further . Be proud my Friend ! Go further and show us your vision , as you made your own Road with your Lostbelt project as you made your Lostbelt despite twe haent seen him complete with more care then the Canon writhers ! You made your own Canon !
    Your verified Chikara-production Studios !

Dont ship me with anyone unless i say so !

When you wake a Dragon in his Lair...

Quote Originally Posted by Petrikow View Post
    I like forums.

Ultimately both reddit and discord has mostly usurped their kind, but both of these have features I do not enjoy. The sturdy nature of a forum and its discussion facets makes it better for serious and considered discussion.

I also like organizing things, but I'm sure most people have noticed that by now.
    This. Been a forum user since 08.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    I became a member of BL in the old forum before that got taken down, due to wanting to talk about first Tsukihime, then FSN. I stuck around due to the high quality fanfics I found here, especially after finding most of the early ones on FF.net pretty much sucked (and this was before GB created his shitty OC).

I think I stick around now due to old roots and discussions. This is a community I have been a part of even if for several years, and in some ways still, I have been much more intermittent about participating.

I also enjoy this ppace due to the translation work of people here.

Blog Entries
    I remember the feeling I felt when I wanted to read the original Stay Night VN. I had bought and read Va11 Hall-A the month prior, though this wasn't my first experience with VNs mind you, that one is owed to Harvest December in the 3DS when I was 11. Anyways, that feeling, is a feeling that has come back a few times, and every time it arrives, it enraptures me. It's this incessant hunger that makes me think of the topic in question every single second I can. And every time it comes, that same topic takes over my life for the following months, and becomes a permanent part of my life in some way or another following on.

But that time I hungered to play the novel, I think it was the first time I had it and understood it. And so I went, and searched- where to download the Fate VN, the translation, and how to configure it.

That was the first time I came into contact with Beast's Lair.

I think I saw the Ultimate Edition either then, or later on, but decided I wasn't into that version, and just went with regular Realta Nua with the H-Patch.

I read that novel, so, so fucking much.

Like, 150 hours over the next two weeks. It was almost magical. I woke up, went to school, came back, and just read. Every day. And in the weekends, too, I kept reading it further. I became absolutely obsessed. If I wasn't reading, I was thinking about reading, or I was talking about reading it, but the constant was that everything I did was in relation to reading the fucking novel.

And it was amazing. The intricate powers, the mystery, the profound characters, the philosophical struggles, the amazing art, the even more amazing soundtrack,I couldn't stop, nor did I want to. It was just that amazing.

With that novel, I was proud to call myself, a Type-Moon fan.

The following months, I got further into it. Started Tsukihime, also loved it, but stopped it when summer vacation arose. Also played Grand Order obscenely so over January and February, and I regret it to this day. But, at least I got what I wanted out of it- when I had Medusa at NP5, with 3 grails, I really didn't care about it anymore. I was also insanely burned out after the Valentines and KnK rerun back to back.

Once Covid started acting up and I was stuck back in my own room, I gave Tsukihime another spin. Loved it too, at the time I finished it, even more than Stay Night. Went on to read Kagetsu Tohya over the next year. Finished it this April. Also read Hollow Ataraxia in the november following Stay Night, so 2019.

One thing that I always came back to everytime I tried to read these Novels was the translation patch. Which was always conveniently found here, in Beast's Lair. And by 2021, I started to lurk a bit. That same urge came to me, but this time to post in this forum. So, I made an account, found a pretty picture of Medusa, remembered that quote by Kohaku I also loved, and made it here. But it took me a bit until I started to post.

I think it was the pre-remake days of the TsukiR thread that I got my start in talking. And so I began interacting, and as you have probably noticed by now, I like talking.
    And I kept talking further, knowing more of the members, falling in love with this style of community, and by now, I've noticed a few things.

I like a lot of the people here. I like the level of discussion here. I hate Web 3.0 and this allows me to ignore its existence for a few short breaths. I don't really come here for Type-Moon stuff, though I do still love it (even if I didn't enjoy anything they put out this year), I come for the people and the forum.

Beast's Lair, at least for now, has become a neat corner of my life I very much enjoy, and I hope I still enjoy it just as much next year.
    Call me 想φαγω.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooncake View Post
    I get this vague feeling from your posts that you're looking down on people who don't share your view, which is what it is, but at least take a moment to snort some common sense between those hits of pretension.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    My opinion is better than your opinion, so it isn't up for debate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun
    Telling us that you're rich is not going to make anyone stop laughing at you for believing in self-insert NTR.
    Quote Originally Posted by ResidentSeagull View Post
    You seriously underestimate the human potential for wanting to fuck stuff, my dude.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan
    Welcome to BL, new user. Don't forget to fate/stay mad

Inactive
    Blog Entries
    power level debate and lore

occasionally, gacha salt

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    Which was a bad idea cause I was fresh out of high school and new to interacting with anime fans. My god.
    I made the same exact mistake. Not knowing certain terms or other things really bothered me along with the fact that no, I really didn't interact with people online outside a chatroom or two. If you ask me, it was easier to talk to people on here in 2015 vs compared to now though. It doesn't help that most of the people I know from back then are gone too. And Twitter and Reddit are bad for all sorts of reasons, but the fact you can't really keep up a conservation or look for something efficiently is one of the more worse things.

As for me, like I said, I prefer over that stuff. I don't just come on here to talk about Type-Moon stuff, I have other interests that I share with some people and that's enough for me.
    Last edited by Laserman; December 31st, 2021 at 03:55 PM.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Bob the Builder's evil twin.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Palingenesis just sounds like we're creating Sarah Palin.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    >tfw you betray your ideals to get some

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    In short, Japan's syncretism BS striked again.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

Interacting with neckbeards without having to see or smell them.

First time I came across with BL was around 2009, after watching SN anime back then, where I guess I had seen someone in Animesuki talking about FHA's translation project, as also Arai's old HA translation bits. As I was quite young my English was quite poor and I could hardly understand the entirety of either the translations or the conversations at the time. So for a long time I just sporadically lurked the community since then, and never bothered to create an account since I didn't feel (or could) in add anything.

I think I still come back to lurk here because after so long just watching it, the habit still lives. Also the inviting, diverse, yet contained atmosphere of a forum is something that is hard to experience with other social medias nowadays (most of them have very chaotic layouts and means of organisation which bugs my brain and it's still hard to get used to it) and TM-related stuff it's still one of the few things I vividly keep track with.

HSTP 500 Internal S ervant  Error aldeayeah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by aldeayeah View Post
    To me, BL is kinda like a pub I've been going to for many years.

The clientele keeps changing, but there's always a familiar scent, a face, a memory.
    kinda sentimental but that's how i feel
    don't quote me on this

what does bl smell like

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    666 different animals.

Quote Originally Posted by Crown View Post
    what does bl smell like
    Sweat and cum-box, with a hint of rancid food.

JP Friend Code
    500595933 | 紅 (pm)
    was looking for fha translation in 2011 (somewhere before f/zero was aired) and ended up lurking till 2015, because fgo happened and i felt like i need to register to fill my fgo friendlist without ppl kicking me out

and here i am, 10 years later, and still have not read fha, wtf
    Chaldea Heroes

Personal skill
    Quote Originally Posted by GundamFSN View Post
    Nikiri has what I dub Blessings of the Boobs, see. As long as what his rolling for has two conspicuous mountains, they'll come to him one way or another.
    Quote Originally Posted by GundamFSN View Post
    Well, fine. Nikiri has this thing called 「我が往くは爆乳の彼方・・・!」
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikiri View Post
    GundamFSN. Thank you.

Just before rolling I said 「我が往くは爆乳の彼方・・・!」

First ticket. Da Vinci-chan NP2.

HSTP 500 Internal S ervant  Error aldeayeah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikiri View Post
    was looking for fha translation in 2011 (somewhere before f/zero was aired) and ended up lurking till 2015, because fgo happened and i felt like i need to register to fill my fgo friendlist without ppl kicking me out

and here i am, 10 years later, and still have not read fha, wtf
    I made the mistake of becoming a FHA beta tester. After a while, just opening the game became a chore, and I stopped at around 75%.

I think enough years have passed that I can read it with a clear mind, but real life is particularly merciless these days.
    don't quote me on this