Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: What Keeps You Coming to Beast's Lair?

US Friend Code
    For me I primarily come back for the high quality fanfiction, as well as the occasional translation.

There's a lot of high quality stuff here even if it doesn't get quite as much love, and I've come to the point where rereading high quality fanfics that are old is an enjoyable experience even if I know they will never be completed such as Elf's various works.

There's also just a large source of Nostalgia that comes with it, I first joined in 2011 and it was one of the first forums I ever joined and by far the one I became the most active in.

In 2011 I was 16 years old, and now I'm 27. I've gone through a lot over the years and changed a lot, so it's interesting to look back at a digital record of myself back then.

It's one of the reasons I always love making accounts, writing down my thoughts is always something I enjoy and sharing them is often also enjoyable. One of the strangest experiences I've found is vehemently disagreeing with myself, it's an experience that always reminds me of just how limited our perspectives are at all times, something I find useful as a stubborn individual who forms opinions easily.

Fucker of the Kirei Kirei_fucker69's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    No
    US Friend Code
    Phone broke, account lost
    I largely come here to find more information or translations of series I can't otherwise find, I have a few horrific Servant ideas too - so maybe I'll start posting in Create A Servant too

I keep making new accounts. Also its nice to see an actual forum still alive.

Blog Entries
    Look. I'm no ascetic. I'll listen to a podcast twice a week, watch a tv show twice a year. And being a social creature, I like learning about other people's opinions on things.

Do you know how rare it is to have a place where almost all of the users are actually engaging with the source material? Where there aren't particularly loud users who, quite possibly, have never interacted with another human before judging by their insane takes and stances? It'd be nice if I could subsist off of dust, bugs, and my own imagination, but I cannot, the innate desire to connect with others over something we both partook in hasn't been crushed yet.

Here, it's perfect. I feel like I'm surrounded by people smarter than me, you indulge my opinions and answer 95% of my questions. Life is good. Theoretically I keep coming back for lorechecks on my writing/to keep myself motivated, but it's more than that.

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tsugumi View Post
    Where there aren't particularly loud users who, quite possibly, have never interacted with another human before judging by their insane takes and stances?
    I'm pretty sure we still have some of those.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

JP Friend Code
    nonexistant
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
    They're sporadic enough so as to not bother.
    burn your dread you coward

Blog Entries
    Yes, but I haven't seen them. Let's hope my lucky streak persists.

Even of the handful of users who don't live up to my exacting ideals, I've never gotten the impression they're so far gone they may have never spoken to another human before.

US Friend Code
    To make friends

“Why Beast’s Lair?”
    Reddit’s too annoying, 4chan’s too sketchy, and Discord’s just weird. As for the real world… the people around here are bizarre; maybe when I move

Absolute Mistake, and Patriarch of the AAA Clan, a Beast's Lair Subsidiary Anime Aurelius Anomaly's Avatar
    Forbidden Land where there is only Insanity.
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    It's mostly about making fanmade stuff, even if it looks like a fever dream (given the amount of research one has to conduct).
    In the hidden plains of the Internet, there are only the lurkers.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BladeOfEden View Post
    To make friends

“Why Beast’s Lair?”
    Reddit’s too annoying, 4chan’s too sketchy, and Discord’s just weird. As for the real world… the people around here are bizarre; maybe when I move
    I believe in you and believe you will eventually succeed because your spoilered instincts are correct. YGMI.

Quote Originally Posted by Anime Aurelius Anomaly View Post
    It's mostly about making fanmade stuff, even if it looks like a fever dream (given the amount of research one has to conduct).
    I completely understand

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    This place has some strange alluring aura, if you could call it like that.
    It's so old and yet still alive, so it feels like I'm touching a living history.

US Friend Code
    Well, i'm not particularly old to this forum, you could say i'm pretty new to it actually, i knew it like 8 or 9 months ago but i've just now created my account (basically because i was too lazy to create one), but in my 2/3 years knowing Type-Moon, i've grown pretty fond of it, problably the frachise i've most engaged with, and i wanted a place to interact with other people and hopefully find some other interesting things about it, and so i knew BL. I usually come here two or three times a week to see translations and theories, i normally don't participate too much on the threads but for what i've seen the people here have a frightening deepness in the works and lore of TM in general, so it's kinda convenient for me.

I also wanted a place to practice my english and i think discord/twitter are kinda trashy places for it.

I found the create a magus threads, and saw that it was awesome. Also, going to create a magus now.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurozetto View Post
    This place has some strange alluring aura, if you could call it like that.
    It's so old and yet still alive, so it feels like I'm touching a living history.
    I have to agree, I don't know any other place that has the same feeling to it and that's definitely play a part in why I keep coming back here.
    I learned about this place when I was looking for a way to read F/SN.
    I was convinced that this is nothing but an archive of an long and gone forum but that was an incorrect assumption.
    That got me intrigued and I keep coming back ever since.

Sometimes to chat about FGO, sometimes just to lurk and sometimes to post something unfunny.
    I'm glad this place exists and that I get to be a part of it in one way or another.

US Friend Code
    It's a TM community that is characterized by an unusually high concentration of above-average translators and anthropology buffs obsessed with hairsplitting accuracy and the encyclopedic cataloging of knowledge, and isn't exceptionally coombrained. I'm a guy whose interests are mostly obsessions, whose idea of play is studying, analyzing, and explaining them, and who finds current levels of TM coombait rather obnoxious. I mean, where else is there?
    Last edited by V.T.; March 5th, 2024 at 09:57 PM.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    This is why food's crusade against the waifuists was just.

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    When you hunt Waifuists, dig 2 graves.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

アルテミット・ソット Ultimate Thot Five_X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    When you hunt Waifuists, dig 2 graves.
    One for the dude and one for his waifu, duh.
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

[11:20:46 AM] GlowStiks: lucina is supes attractive
    [12:40] Lace: lucina is amazing
    [12:40] Neir: lucina is pretty much flawless

Blog Entries
    It seems one cannot eat his indian snake meat and have it.
    Call me 想φαγω.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooncake View Post
    I get this vague feeling from your posts that you're looking down on people who don't share your view, which is what it is, but at least take a moment to snort some common sense between those hits of pretension.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    My opinion is better than your opinion, so it isn't up for debate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun
    Telling us that you're rich is not going to make anyone stop laughing at you for believing in self-insert NTR.
    Quote Originally Posted by ResidentSeagull View Post
    You seriously underestimate the human potential for wanting to fuck stuff, my dude.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan
    Welcome to BL, new user. Don't forget to fate/stay mad

I was already a fan of Typemoon and been lurking here for a while, but I frankly felt a bit scared to join at first because the atmosphere can be very intimidating.

Then I read a Quest here that speaks to me a lot. That story happens to hit all the thing I felt frustrated about my life and others, and I realized I'm not alone feeling this way. It sounds silly that I joined not for the official works but fan work, but I really-really want to see that story reach the ending goal.