Thread: Winter Anime 2022: The Covid Runback

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries

Winter Anime 2022: The Covid Runback

So it's almost the new year, and the new stuff is starting in about a week. What's everyone getting excited for? For me:

Returning Shows:

Demon Slayer S2
    Stone Ocean part 2
    Vanitas S2: S1 wasn't amazing, but I'll keep up unless it gets really boring
    Takagi-san S3
    Princess Connect S2: Hopefully with the same ridiculously gorgeous art all over again
    Lupin III Part England

New Stuff:

Dress Up Darling: Summery didn't really do this any favours, but holy shit that PV is gorgeous and really shows off the characters.
    Raising a Kingdom out of Debt: Unintentional success can be amazing comedy, hopefully it delivers
    Akebi-Chan: Don't really knwo about the plot, but damn is it pretty. I'll give it a shot.
    Sabikui Bisco: WATCH THIS SHIT. I have no idea what's happening and it looks fucking unhinged. This is my greatest hope this season.
    Koroshi Ai: Saber Assassin love story(?). Could be neat.
    Leadale: Looks like the second coming of 300 years of Slimes.
    Bishoujo Ojisan: Looks like it could be a fun comedy about trying to to fall for your genderbent BFF.
    Monster Development Department: Neat premise, execution looks iffy so far.
    Tribe Nine: Akudame Drive: Baseball edition.

Dishonourable Mentions:

Tokyo-24-ku: Is apparently a trainwreck according to the staff, and I want to see how bad it gets.
    Rusted Armours: Looks like the second coming of Ex-Arm. Though at least this had backgrounds with detail.

Wow, That's actually more packed than I thought it was going to be. Hopefully no more of the 6(?) generic isekai this season draw me in enough to add even more to that list.
    Last edited by Mattias; December 30th, 2021 at 04:03 AM.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.