Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nanashi(kari) View Post
    Wait a minute...
    Spoiler:
    Well, it was a multi-choice poll.

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    So, "I'd rather have nothing than this"?
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

Blog Entries
    I want an option, "Thanks for the spark but what the fuck is the rest of that crap?"

Kind of amazing how they managed to come up with the worst ever Spark system I've ever heard of.

It is very much better than nothing, but the bar is set so fucking low.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I think it makes me more angry that it does exist compared to it not existing because now I can't even imagine the possibility of it existing in a good state anymore

When the clock strikes midnight... Means it's a new day Jeanne. Strange_One's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    485,902,641/Vincent
    Blog Entries
    The wording I've read here so far. 'Rate ups' so that could mean the 4* or 3*? Hee
    BEHOLD! THE SIG OF GOLDEN TRUTH! Pillaged from McJon, Tsukikan et al.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Petrikow View Post
    I think it makes me more angry that it does exist compared to it not existing because now I can't even imagine the possibility of it existing in a good state anymore
    so, realistically, unless you actually expected execs at aniplex to greenlight spark system, nothing changed?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I actually don't really care, I've realized.

全力後輩 - Zenryoku Kohai Altima of the Gates's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    So nearly or equal $450 to get ONE copy? Thats just wut.

Hmm, these executives really are trying to edge as far as they can feasibly go before revolt.

Quote Originally Posted by Crown View Post
    can i get a quick rundown on this system
    Here's an actual full-fledged explanation (courtesy of Clyton) instead of picking and choosing what to explain:

- On the 330th roll (900 SQ worth) where you did not get the SSR rate-up Servant on the banner you're rolling on, you are guaranteed to summon that SSR Servant during that 330th roll

- If it's a banner with 2 or more SSR rate-ups, the guarantee Servant you get on the 330th roll is random among those rate-ups

- The 330 rolls can be a mix of paid SQ usage (incl. the 1 paid SQ per day roll), free SQ usage and tickets

- This roll counter only counts for that banner period. If it changes (even a daily rotation banner change), the roll counter resets

- If you get the rate-up Servant through this method, or even rolled that Servant prior to the 330th roll, this system will not apply anymore for that Servant in that specific banner

- If you already have the Servant before you started rolling on the banner (e.g. you already rolled that Servant in a previous banner), this system will still be enabled

---

The amount that you need to roll is, for all intents and purposes, rather standard. For other gacha that have this same kind of "gbf-style" pity system, it's often around 200-300 rolls, and here it's only 330 because a multi gives 11 rolls, not 10, so it comes out to 30 multis on one banner. I've seen people have brought up that "it would take like 6 months of saving just to get that much" and I don't even think that's a problem, considering in something like gbf, if you've exhausted all one-time crystal resources (and ignore their roulette) it's roughly the same.

The big issue is instead, of course, that it only exists as a "sorry you didn't get anything", rather than a "sorry you had to spend so much", as someone else mentioned earlier. If you get the SSR on your 328th roll, that's it. The fact that you almost spent all of the required quartz doesn't get you anything extra, like in, again gbf, where the spark can also be sort of a bonus for even spending that much on one single banner. Basically, it's only actually useful if you were super cursed in rolling (which is way outside the statistical average, I might add) or you only care about NP1, as anything above that might still require you to spend the exact same exorbitant amount of quartz, so it effectively changes nothing since for most servants you do want to roll for higher NP level.

On top of that, this system only seems to apply to SSRs. If you're unlucky in getting the SR rateup servant you really want, too bad, they don't give a shit.

But yeah, in general it's just that they took the "base system" for sparking that a lot of other games use, but they took the worst parts of all of them and turned it into one of the shittiest pity systems, but at least now they can say they have one and isn't that good PR!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

Blog Entries
    Next year they'll let us NP2 for 660 rolls!

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Strange_One View Post
    The wording I've read here so far. 'Rate ups' so that could mean the 4* or 3*? Hee
    SSRs only, so far.
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six OnesFleetingGlory's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Welp, an SSR is an SSR. A RP fodder at worst.

What I personally hate about the system though, is the lack of consideration for story pool. Like, they don't want players to take advantage of it for basically a banner that never expires. I'd love to get Drake or Cu Alter or Sitonai.

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by fumei View Post
    The amount that you need to roll is, for all intents and purposes, rather standard. For other gacha that have this same kind of "gbf-style" pity system, it's often around 200-300 rolls, and here it's only 330 because a multi gives 11 rolls, not 10, so it comes out to 30 multis on one banner.
    I'd say it's more on the expensive side out of the gacha games I'm currently playing. Certain banners in FEH only need 40 single rolls for you to select a rate up SSR. Genshin gives you a 4 star per 10 single rolls and a 5 star per 90 single rolls (but you usually dont go over 80 due to "soft" pity) up to ~160 rolls on average for the rate-up SSR on banner if you're really really unluckly and fail 50/50 chance. Sennen Sensou Aigis is 10 singles/platinum (5 star) and 30 singles/black (6 star). The only one with similar 300 rolls pity I'm playing is Shin Megami Tensei Dx2 but that's Seag so no surprise.

Blog Entries
    Flat amount means nothing though

You need to adjust for relative SSR value across games to make a proper comparision, e.g. RollsCostPerSSR / SSRValue
    because FGO SSR value is also extremely high across gacha games. If you have even one copy of the SSR character you aimed for - you have nothing to do on the gacha screen anymore.

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Aozaki-desu View Post
    If you have even one copy of the SSR character you aimed for - you have nothing to do on the gacha screen anymore.
    And this applies to all of the cases I've listed. So yes they are much cheaper than FGO. Genshin: C0 is enough for F2Ps to clear the Abyss, you dont even need to touch the weapon gacha which is the real scam. SMT Dx2: A panel 0 demon is more than enough to clear all contents including Hell Mode due to their innate skills are busted. Sennen Aigis: Units get periodically buffed in patches so old units can perform relatively well compare to newer units, and you only need one copy of the unit since they allowed you to raise skill levels/min deploy cost with other ingame consumables that you can farm. FEH units are perfectly fine at 0 merges, and they give refinements, dragon flower enhancements to older units with lower stats.

Since I played all these games as a F2P with relatively the same investment, I can say with confidence that FGO SSR is the worst value. It is worse before this half-assed pity system, and now it's still the most costly out of all those I've played.

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    The only other gacha I play is Azur Lane, and that one gives you so much gacha currency it's insane. You actually have a harder time storing them all, then rolling them.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.