Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 491213141516 LastLast

Thread: Titanomachy Rebirth (IC)

アカシャの蛇 The Serpent of Akasha RacingeR's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Neru Sune
    Location: Sea of UNKNOWN – Warped Zeus (Distorted Hallways – ??? Floor)
    Time: Day 1 – Afternoon

It was quite lucky everyone was busy stumbling around the classroom, some panicking, others getting ready to move in a hurry, so very few actually heard you recite your poem, or the words that followed.

Nico gave you a weird look, and so did Rosalin, although she only heard a phrase or two of your poem before she turned away to give orders. The tiny Asian girl also heard you as well. The others were too busy scrambling into action to pay much attention to you. Perhaps you weren’t the only one who had started to mumble weird things after seeing that fucked up sky.

“Liz!” Rosalin shouted.

“On it!” The boxer girl bounded her way through the door in a fraction of a second. She disappeared from sight, and you heard a loud smacking sound a moment afterwards.

“Boris! Go help her, you two are on rear guard duty. Stockley, Emir, you guys are the vanguard, get going now!” The redhead ordered.

“Yeah, yeah, ma’am.” Nico answered somewhat sarcastically, taking a moment to give her a mocking salute, take one last confused look at you, and then he got going along with the athlete.

Rosalin waited for a moment, then waved her hand. “We’re in the center. Get going now. Matilda, help me get Neru going, we don’t have time for yet another psychotic reaction. Shit, should’ve never let him look out the window.” The… well, team leader seemed like an appropriate term right now, got herself going even as yet another loud thud was heard coming from the same side as before.

You weren’t quite sure of how you got from the classroom to the hallway. You were just sort of half-dragged, half-guided there in the on-going shuffle. And you finally were able to see the source of the noise.

Encountered Decayed Being (Human Schoolboy) x2
    Encountered Decayed Being (Human Schoolgirl)

Three… ‘zombies’ was the only way you could define the shambling, half-rotten corpses that were trying to fight it out with your group’s rear right now. All three of them presented a sundry variety of lethal wounds, all three of them were dead as a doornail, and all three of them didn’t seem to have considered that a particular impediment to keep on moving, except that they now had grown a hankering for the meat of the living, apparently.

You noticed a string on the floor, along with some glass pieces. Someone in your group had improvised some sort of early-warning system before resting up in the classroom, apparently.

But… so at the end the steps hadn’t been Ann, ultimately. How strange… no, perhaps it’d have been stranger if your nightmare had suddenly materialized in reality, but… those steps… a set of three, shuffling steps. Had it been a coincidence?

“Run!” Rosalin ordered, and then you didn’t have more time to think.

You saw that Lizbeth and Boris had knocked down a zombie each, although the undead girl at the back had gotten a good hit on the latter, judging from how you saw him stumble. But then the two living ones turned tail and started running, and the whole group started accelerating and running like hell itself was pursuing behind. Which, it probably was.

At first, the group made a good distance between themselves and the zombies, as they had to get back up to pursue. The hallway, however, was quite narrow (and you were sure such a hallway hadn’t existed within the building before), forcing your group to move two at a time. It was also quite dark, save for a lamp illuminating the way here and there. The footing was surprisingly treacherous, as the floor was full of rubble and god knows what else.

At least one time during the run, you were fairly sure you went over a corpse. At least it smelled like a corpse. You almost tripped and fell, but managed to regain equilibrium and keep going.

And then the undead started to gain on you. Their steps and movements were weird, strangely lacking in body coordination, so they seemed to have trouble with the ruble and obstacles in the way. But they were so goddamned fast, and the center of your group (that is, Rosalin, Hong, John and you) weren’t very athletic.

In front, Nico and Emir were clutching chair legs as improvised clubs, and so was everyone in the center with you. John pretty much shoved one of them on your hands, though you had a rather realistic assessment of how much good you could do with it. Only Lizbeth and Boris went barehanded.

Finally, the hallway opened up, and your group entered a big, rectangular room, well illuminated by myriad lamps unevenly distributed across the ceiling.

And there you met true terror.

It was tall. Taller than it had any right to be. Most of the clothing had worn away, revealing a mass of rotten flesh and skin that covered unnatural-looking muscles. Remnants of long hair still clung to the top of its head, but most had fallen away. The face, barely recognizable as human, turned towards you, and you felt a chill go down your spine as you watched this mutant, undead being take a step towards the group.

Encountered Ghoul

It chewed loudly, then spat. Something bloody hit the floor and bounced all the way towards you, stopping near your shoes. You looked down, with the same feeling of inevitability someone watching a trainwreck would have, and you saw it was a human finger.

Then, the three zombies from before arrived from behind, and pandemonium broke out as your group panicked and started to fall apart despite the desperate orders coming from Rosalin to keep calm and not disperse.

The room had four exits, the one you’d just come from, which could be considered the southern one for now, the north one past the Ghoul, and another two to the east and west. Your position at the center of the group wasn’t good to see the details of the room, although it looked mostly empty to you. The other members of the group were obstructing your sight.

You could however smell the death in the room.

Talk about rocks and hard places.

quotes
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1984 View Post
    Besides, I don't see what's so terrible about looting anyway. It's only property, they're not actually harming anyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    when I say hero I don't mean hero in the spirit sense. I mean a morally grounded, good natured person who doesn't slaughter innocent people. No such person exists in the Nasuverse.
    [00:12] <~Katie> i can't defy my origin
    [00:12] <~Katie> of gay memes

[16:15] <~Katie> lesbians has always been my gimmick and i will exploit it to the fullest

[22:56] <@Sei> airen is pegging hero this time
    [22:56] <@Sei> for once airen isn't the uke
    [22:56] <@Kuroyuki> I thought Air was the Woman in the Relationship?
    [22:56] <@Airen> Yeah I kinda thought I was the girl too!

Blog Entries
    Ishmael Freeman

The witch sighed at your torrent of words, and rubbed her head, perhaps slightly annoyed, or merely thoughtful.

“I’ll help you however you can. I can cast magic through this portal, although it is one-way only, I’m afraid.” Zeta said. She then peered at the hallway in the direction of the noise, and a delicate, almost unnoticeable frown modified her expression for the very first time. “This darkness is not natural, something truly terrible is causing it.”

“And you are still a normal human. Or maybe you’ll remain one, in that case…” She blinked, and didn’t complete the phrase. “A couple thousand… that’s… a lot more than ever before…” That was muttered to herself, you think, but you were able to hear it nonetheless.

And you also heard, all of a sudden, the noise of approaching footsteps.

Two sets of footsteps. And there was something very wrong about these steps. They were shuffled, like their feet were being dragged. The sound was a bit too heavy, too strange.

And you could smell the rot before you saw them.

A teacher you didn’t know, perhaps one of the female PE teachers. Her body was a terrible sight to behold: half her face was burned into a gory mess, and the zone around her gut looked pulped, as if smashed heavily against, probably being what had killed her.

Because she was undoubtedly dead. The paleness of her body and listlessness of her movements, the emptiness of the eyes except for a bestial, entirely insane rage and hunger… this was the classic look of a zombie, alright. Except that it made all the zombies of classic horror movies look like they had slacked at the gym, or so instinct told you.

She was accompanied by the walking corpse of a janitor, one whose body was marked by myriad cuts through all of the torso, blood still clinging to his uniform and body. The both of them looked straight at you and the witch, perhaps attracted by the noise of your voices earlier. The damn hallway didn’t have much space to hide, after all.

Encountered Decayed Being (Human Adult) x2

“You should run.” The witch pointed out, almost sedately. “These two aren’t something you can deal with as you are right now.”

quotes
    Besides, I don't see what's so terrible about looting anyway. It's only property, they're not actually harming anyone.
    when I say hero I don't mean hero in the spirit sense. I mean a morally grounded, good natured person who doesn't slaughter innocent people. No such person exists in the Nasuverse.

[16:15] <~Katie> lesbians has always been my gimmick and i will exploit it to the fullest

Blog Entries
    Masaki Tomomi
    Location: Sea of UNKNOWN – Warped Zeus (Twisted Classroom – 4th Floor)

Gennadiya’s message came quite fast, mostly expressing relief at your safety and urging you to get to safety as fast as you could. No answer from the others, yet.

That didn’t mean much by itself. They could be just currently busy, or their phones had been lost or damaged somehow. Or they could have not ‘arrived’ yet. Gennadiya’s second message, inquiring about Rachel, however, didn’t help assuage your growing concern.

All you could do in that front was wait, or hope you’d come across them at some point. For now, you had to engage what was right in front of you.

“… We’ll see.” Stacy answered your words curtly. With her perfectly neutral expression, it was hard to see if you’d hit the mark or not. Although you could be rather sure Zhong wasn’t all that fazed.

In fact, as you held Stacy’s hand, and she pulled you towards the window somewhat roughly, disdaining to make a show of politeness, Zhong took a moment off dealing with Angeline to send some snark towards her friend.

“Yo, Stace, you starting to swing to the other side now? Want me to page Camila for dating advice?”

“Shut up, boss.” Stacy answered, her lack of expression immutable. “That you ain’t smart enough to pick up on this stuff fast enough doesn’t mean others won’t.”

Zhong let out an amused ‘hah’ at that answer, and left it there.

You made your way to the window and peered out of it, looking to the distorted courtyard beneath, and then upwards. To the black sky, ran through by cracks of alien teal light.

The fact that you were in another world hit you like a hammer to the head. That was perhaps the only truly ‘possible’ explanation for what you were seeing up there.

“I’ve seen the reaction a few times.” Stacy said conversationally. “The smart ones pick up on the idea that we’re not in our world anymore rather fast. Then they start to understand that we’re all alone in here. It is just us against a bunch of monsters. There’s no police, no adults other than whichever teachers managed to survive… in fact, I’ve yet to see any living adult.”

“They realize that no help is coming. That without all other ‘fun’ kinds of implications that one could think, seeing this.” She moved her head in a motion that pointed at the blonde girl, also peering through the window, who had gone entirely pale. “And some of them lose their shit right then and there. So, if you must, get it done with now.”

“… If I can help you with it, all the better to get this done fast. And the faster we can move out.”

quotes

Glorious Grammar Master Race Frantic Author's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Johnny Justice

Zombie Jamboree
    Turn 3

Johnny whistled, nice and low, a sound learned from the streets as he cracked his neck.

"Sheesh... You're killin' me here with the 'don't hit women' stuff," he said to the other boy with a sigh, "Too many players to let all of 'em take a swing, ya see?"

He grinned, turning towards the big one, holding up his fists.

"See, they're dead anyways," Johnny said, staring the lab coat dead man in his empty eyes, his blood running hot, "and they're trying to kill us - one way or the other. So if you wanna die, die on your own time. We've got bigger problems then morality -"

He cracked his knuckles, and lunged towards the man in the lab coat, grinning like the devil himself with a piercing fire in his eyes as he smashed his fist directly into the man's side, his entire body shifting as he put all of his body's force and momentum into a hook delivered into the solar plexus --!!

[Used: Ball Breaker.]

"-Makin' sure we make it out alive!"

Wise Up!

[Ball Breaker]
    A powerful punch that damages the target’s internals, weakening them.
    [Deals STR x1.5 damage, has moderate chances of inflicting a Lvl 1 Wound whose nature depends on the place hit, and reduces target’s AGI and EVA by 3 for 3 turns. Cooldown of 5 turns.]
    in the end we will make thoughtcrime impossible, for there shall be no words to express it

#THELEGENDNEVERDIES

[01:05.15] <@Spinach> I can flash gang signs faster than Sasuke can perform ninjutsu and I rap like Medea's High Speed Divine Words.

Blog Entries
    Rika Griffin, Sakura Sumeragi & Eilian Aubrey
    Location: Sea of UNKNOWN – Warped Zeus (Dark Labyrinth – ??? Floor)

Mad Labyrinth, Part 1
    Turn 1

The battle begins in a flash.

The monsters don’t manage to react to Rika’s approach. It was simply too sudden, and too unexpected. The zombie girl, walking a bit ahead of the pack, suddenly finds her wrist being grasped, with no interval between the start of the encounter and the start of the action proper.

Still, it is quite fast, almost as fast as Rika herself is. It tried to claw at Rika’s face with her fingers, but the white-haired girl is already moving once again, spinning in place as she uses her martial arts knowledge to destroy the footing of her prey, and send her tumbling towards one of the approaching zombies in a powerful throw.

Battle calculation

Rika’s Speed
    -22 (Rika’s AGI) > 20 (Decayed Being (HG)’s EVA)
    -17 (Zombie Throw’s SPD) > 3 (Decayed Being (HB) A’s EVA)
    Rika’s Attack
    -20 (Rika’s STR) – 5 (Decayed Being (HG)’s DEF) = 15 + 5 (Impact) = 20 damage.
    -20 (Rika’s STR) – 10 (Decayed Being (HB) A’s DEF) = 10 + 5 (Impact) = 15 damage.

It is hard to see what happened. The throw proves to be more effective than Rika could have consciously expected. The sound of bones cracking as both corpses impact against each other is heard clearly in midst of the darkness.

The male zombie stumbles backwards, but manages to keep upright and moving, if limping somewhat. The body of the female one falls to the floor, contorted, limbs sticking out in the wrong angles. Was she weakened, either by the damage to the body that had caused her death in the first place, or by some sort of side-effect to becoming undead? Either way, she’s not moving anymore.

Decayed Being (Human Schoolgirl) has been slain

But the two other zombies kept moving, making their way towards Rika. But by that point, Sakura had disentangled herself from Eilian, and had moved into the battle zone.

She ended up placing herself between the undamaged zombie and the silver-haired girl she was trying to protect.

Battle calculation

Decayed Being (HB) B’s Speed
    -17 (Decayed Being (HB) B’s AGI) > 5 (Sakura’s EVA)
    Decayed Being (HB) B’s Attack
    -25 (Decayed Being (HB) B’s STR) – 21 (Sakura’s DEF) = 4 damage – 5 (HBD) = 0 damage.

Sakura could feel the impact of the fist that hit her below the chest, pounding at her ribcage, a fist that carried strength on the very limit of what a human body could produce. But it was strength without technique, just a wild swipe akin to the flail of a child, however powerful it may be.

And despite her condition, Sakura’s body was tough. Her bones were, to put it simply, built different compared to those of a normal person. Although the hit hurt, she was accustomed to pain. The attack amounted to, in practical terms, nothing.

But one thing she wasn’t was heavy. The attack rattled her and pushed her back, and the zombie fell on her, the fist that had hit her transforming into a claw that grasped on her shirt as the creature attempted to grapple her.

That action sent the both of them stumbling towards Rika.

The second, damaged zombie approached, limping, from the other side, intent on hurting the girl that had attacked him. However, Eilian was ready for his approach, and attacked from behind and to the side of Rika, her gauntleted hand clawing at the dead face.

Battle calculation

Eilian’s Speed
    -20 (Eilian’s total AGI) > 3 (Decayed Being (HB) A’s EVA
    Eilian’s Attack
    -10 (Eilian’s total STR) – 10 (Decayed Being (HB) A’s DEF) = 0 damage.

But the sharpened ends of her gloves failed to do anything but scratch at the dead flesh. It was Eilian’s very first fight, and although the attack was fast and precise, it was unskilled and lacked the proper strength to inflict damage.

The zombie ignored her and continued his advance, sweeping with an arm towards Rika. But the acrobat right now was simply too fast, and that fist was destined to never be able to reach her, not while instincts drove her body. And it was instincts what made Rika jump aside, and go straight into the tumbling Sakura and her undead friend.

Leaving the other zombie alone in front of Eilian.

It was at that moment that you heard the sharp, piercing scream of a girl howling in horrible pain. The scream was loud, sounding nearer than the first one, although it came from some place vaguely in the direction of what you had considered the north.

The agonic scream rang for a few seconds, and then was cut off suddenly, as if interrupted… and you instinctively knew that only death could interrupt such a scream in such a sudden way.

Turn 2

Codex update

Name: Decayed Being (Human Schoolboy)
    Race: Undead
    Attributes: Unliving
    Spiritual Rank: -1

STR: 25
    DEF: 10
    AGI: 17
    EVA: 3

Perks:

Painless One [Unliving Trait]
    As an undead being that has abandoned the realm of the living, this creature is now a shambling monstrosity, a decayed spirit moving the decayed husk of what used to be its body. Due to this, undead beings are unable to feel any pain, no matter how much their body is battered. Breaking their limbs is useless, as only complete destruction of said limb would be able to stop them from using it. Their body will keep going no matter how gruesome or severe the wounds are, until it is damaged enough to become unable to serve as a vessel for the decayed spirit.

Terrorize
    The ghoulish, uncanny visage of what used to be a human being is able to terrify even the most valiant of humans, reducing all their physical stats by one. Only those who possess defenses against mental attacks of the Terror type are able to focus enough on their own survival to ignore the sight before them. Only affects those with Human Attribute.

-----------------

Name: Decayed Being (Human Schoolgirl)
    Race: Undead
    Attributes: Unliving
    Spiritual Rank: -1

HP: 20

DEF: 5
    EVA: 20

Perks:

Painless One [Unliving Trait]
    As an undead being that has abandoned the realm of the living, this creature is now a shambling monstrosity, a decayed spirit moving the decayed husk of what used to be its body. Due to this, undead beings are unable to feel any pain, no matter how much their body is battered. Breaking their limbs is useless, as only complete destruction of said limb would be able to stop them from using it. Their body will keep going no matter how gruesome or severe the wounds are, until it is damaged enough to become unable to serve as a vessel for the decayed spirit.

Terrorize
    The ghoulish, uncanny visage of what used to be a human being is able to terrify even the most valiant of humans, reducing all their physical stats by one. Only those who possess defenses against mental attacks of the Terror type are able to focus enough on their own survival to ignore the sight before them. Only affects those with Human Attribute.

quotes

Blog Entries
    Aaron Arturio & Willow Durand
    Location: Sea of UNKNOWN – Warped Zeus (Detached Building – 2nd Floor)

“Ah, yes…” Marie nods at you, turning away from the useful activity consisting of giving Aaron a confused look. “I’ll… I don’t need handholding… but I’ll stay close.”

It was clear that the girl was a lot more scared than she was willing to show, but she wasn’t willing to let it stop her. The age difference couldn’t be that much, she’d say she was 14, so you were only 3 years older… but somehow, she felt younger. Something about her attitude made her seem quite a bit sheltered.

And yet for some reason her presence felt comfortable. As if she brightened her surroundings by being there.

Meanwhile…

“Uh, sure.” Bryanna blinked, and sighed as she listened to Aaron, but then shrugged. “Alright, you be the vanguard with Jason. Mike, Kevin, you guys are in the rear, and the rest of us will be in the center and support.” She added, looking towards Connie with a glance that suggested that this particular girl would be as helpful as a bat to the kneecaps.

And you got going.

What you would remember the most of your first trek within the Warped World, once you abandoned the illuminated room you had woken up within, was the silence. The silence and the darkness.

For a long while, you didn’t encounter anything dangerous. In fact, you encountered nothing at all. You wandered an endless series of hallways and rooms, all soaked in darkness, perhaps finding a still functioning lamp once in a while.

You did in fact encounter many corpses, but none of the moving variety, although perhaps some of them had once been, judging by the level of rot displayed. Most were gruesomely mutilated, and nobody wanted to examine them closely.

Signs of fighting and combat across the second floor were rather clear elsewhere. You mostly had to get by with your phones, the center group using the light function of them to light the way. Many of the rooms you found were absolute disaster zones, most of the offices within having been trashed into an unrecognizable mess.

You didn’t find the combatants. The group seemed to have arrived a bit too late, and the fight that had occurred here was over. That didn’t mean there wasn’t danger afoot. In fact, many times Bryanna stopped the group, and looked through a door or listened. Many times, you could hear shuffling, uncanny footsteps, and once the sizzling of acid.

But the reporter seemed to have an unerring instinct for danger, or seemed to be able to piece together where the danger come from, and chose the way, always managing to avoid running into something. And for what felt like around a hour, it worked.

“… I don’t think there’s anything left alive on this floor.” Jason muttered to Bryanna, trying to keep his voice low as to not be heard by Marie, although both Aaron and Willow were able to overhear him.

“Something happened over here. I have a bad feeling about this.” Bryanna replied, gun at the ready as she looked ahead into the darkness. “Hopefully we’ll find the stairs soon… although I’d take a window big enough for us to get through as well.”

It was then that something finally happened.

The first alert that something had gone awry was the sound of demented giggling coming from behind. The group froze as one, the jumpier members cringing and almost shouting, as the walk through the darkness had worn everyone’s nerves thin. All heads turned to the rear.

One of the walls glowed. No. Something that glowed was coming through the wall, passing through solid matter as if it wasn’t there. Something that looked like a human silhouette. Silhouette framed in an eerie, pale light.

And it floated in mid-air.

More giggling came out of it, and it approached as you all looked, stuck there, as if charmed by the unearthly apparition. Then it came closer and-

“Oh god!” “Holy shit!” “I’m gonna hurl…” “G-get away!”

Encountered Decayed Soul (Human)

It was a terrible sight. The semi-transparent human figure suspended in mid-air would’ve looked almost like any other female student, if you ignored the obvious tells that indicated that this was a ghost. She was even wearing the Zeus High uniform, and despite the spectral-looking blood soaking the clothes, she looked remarkably unwounded.

Then you looked up to her face. Or rather, the left half of the face. The other half was entirely an unidentifiable mess of gore that made your stomachs turn just by looking at it.

More disturbing giggling. The unliving remnant of a girl looked straight towards the group.

“Well, well, well… what do we have here? Are you my new toys? Have you come to play?” The single eye you could see was dilated, and filled with the purest essence of madness. “Can I b r e a k you?”

quotes

Blog Entries
    Kaguya
    Location: Sea of UNKNOWN – Warped Zeus (Distorted Hallways – 6th Floor)

“Run? But…” The redhead kneeling by the dying boy muttered, looking at the fading life besides her. She looked as if she was in shock, and entirely out of it.

“It is a fucking super zombie. So, if you want to stay here and be its dinner, be my guest.” Hiyori said, already moving towards the door. Much like you, she was scared out of her wits and knew they had no time left for an argument.

“Yeah, shut up, we get it.” Camila replied to the martial artist, before kneeling besides her gangmate and grabbing her arm. “Okay, look, June. I can secure the door for a bit, so why don’t we drag Toby with us and- oh.”

The boy had stopped breathing.

For a moment, the girl looked like she didn’t know what to say. Then she cursed under her breath, and hauled June up by pure strength.

“Let’s. Let’s just go.” She said almost angrily, and ran along with you and Hiyori, dragging her friend and leaving their dead teammates behind.

Camila pushed the door open, and ushered you and the rest through. She closed the door, just as you could already smell the foul odor of the monster approaching.

“Quick, help me with this.” She said, pointing at what looked like a teacher’s desk that had been maimed with a sledgehammer. It was surprisingly heavy, but it didn’t take long before you were able to pile it in front of the door between the four of you.

“Should buy us a bit of time, but not much.” The redhead said. “So, let’s get moving. We can exchange information later when we’re in a safe place. Okay? You alright, June?”

“Yeah. Whatever.” June said. “Come on. Don’t go that way, it’s fucked, let’s go in this direction.”

You were in what looked like a fairly normal hallway, if one lacking in windows and with only dim lamps to show the way. Both directions looked the same to you, so you could only trust in the gang girls’ word.

The four of you started running in the direction June had pointed.

Aster Hunter

You plunged down the stairwell, your stance ready for the attack you knew was coming.

You were fast enough to get to the door and push through it before the crows got to you. They followed.

You managed to see a sort of squarish room, one that you were sure hadn’t existed here before, that rather than ending in an exit, it was split in half at the opposite side to the roof’s entrance. It became two different hallways that went to different directions.

There wasn’t much of a chance to see any more as the two crows that had yet to attack went at you like feathered missiles.

Impact Guard

-23 (Aster’s total STR) vs 19 (Mutated Crow C’s total STR)
    Impact guard successful.
    Aster’s attack.
    -23 (Aster’s total STR) – 5 (Mutated Crow C’s DEF) = 18 damage.

Battle calculation

Mutated Crow B’s Speed
    -25 (Crow D’s total AGI) > 8 (Aster’s EVA)
    Mutated Crow B’s Attack
    -19 (Crow A’s total STR) – 13 (Aster’s DEF) = 6 damage.
    Aster’s HP: 86 – 6 = 80 HP.

Even as one of the crow’s beaks tore through your left shoulder, your right fist slammed against the first of the incoming bird projectiles. There was a thunderous noise, and then you batted the crow aside.

The corvid listed to the side, its beak twisted and shattered in many points, blood pouring through the broken bits.

It was still not dead, and you had four of these feathered assholes to deal with. Individually, they weren’t really strong, but together…

A knife flew out of nowhere and sunk itself on the chest of the damaged crow. The bird flew for a moment more, and then it simply fell down to the ground, trembling a bit before ceasing movement.

“Yo, Aster, didn’t know you’d taken up birdwatching.” Camila’s sarcastic voice reached your ears as the redhead walked up and extracted her weapon from the corpse.

Kaguya & Aster Hunter

Kaguya and company had arrived just in time to witness Aster’s fight with the crows.

Camila had immediately intervened, throwing her knife just as one of the crows was thrust aside by a clash, not giving it a chance to get out of the way, and had scored the kill.

Mutated Crow C has been slain

She then recovered her knife, and both her and June rushed to Aster’s sides.

“Well, devil crows. Okay, that’s some shit.” Hiyori spat, increasingly agitated. “Look, got no problem with your homie having a birdwatching hobby or what not, but we don’t have the time to tangle with birds. Remember the super zombie?”

A distant loud sound, like say, one of a desk being pulverized, rang out, as if to punctuate Hiyori’s increasingly hysterical remark.

The super zombie definitely hadn’t forgotten you.

quotes

Xavier Augustus
    Location: Sea of UNKNOWN – Warped Zeus (Twisted Classroom – 3rd Floor)

This ghost is worse than Cynthia.

It would have seemed absurd to think that a few minutes ago, but Xavier had reached his limit. The situation was bad enough, and being unable to gain any information wasn’t helping. At this point, he had to wonder if she was intentionally being as obtuse as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by RacingeR
    “This is the third floor, I don’t really know where we are exactly.”
    “But sure, we can stick around.”
    “We got nobody else to badger.”
    “We’re bored. We hate boredom. We burn things when bored.”

Xavier let out a small sigh. “Thank you. I’m not sure I’d have a chance without you.”

At the very least, he knew where he was and had gained a supernatural ally. Sure, her intentions probably weren’t the purest, but he’d take what he could get.

Things continued to get worse as Xavier checked his phone. Someone, please tell me this is just a nightmare, he thought with desperation. Text after text proclaimed the imminent death of an acquaintance or friend. What the hell had any of them done to deserve this?

Nothing. They had done nothing, and yet they died in agony and alone. It was just so pointless. It was just too much. He felt the walls close in on him.

Just before he was swallowed up by a tide of apathy, he stopped himself. There would be time to mourn later. He was safe now, but there was no telling what could happen. Xavier took a deep breath and calmed himself, though cold anger burned within him. He wouldn’t forget the students who died.

Then he saw a light in the darkness. Cynthia was okay. Lance was an absolute psycho, but he’d keep her safe. When it came to the others, all he could do was hope they’d make it out alive.

Regardless, he had to make it to the lobby. He had a better chance than most, but it wasn’t going to be easy. Xavier knew from experience that trying to fight them head-on was pointless. He would only get himself killed. Then Infis spoke up:

Quote Originally Posted by RacingeR
    “There’s something bad in this floor.”
    “Feels like a Newbie Killer.”
    “Feels like that. But how do I know that? No, no. This is bad.”
    “We should get out of here.”

“Damnit!” He cursed softly. Xavier glanced at the door. Infis had been so casual about the monsters before. What sort of creature could scare even her? He approached and spoke quietly: “Apparently there’s a safe place in the lobby, so we should head there. Before we leave this room, I need you to tell me how close that thing is. If it’s nearby, we should make a plan before we exit. If it’s further away, we’ll try and sneak out and get off the floor before it finds us.”

He hoped that his tone conveyed the seriousness of the situation. He was done dealing with any of her jokes. It was time to take action.

Aaron Arturio

It was horrible. Disgusting. Repulsive beyond all words. Aaron Arturio, ever the unflappable hero, was caught flatfooted and slack-jawed by the utterly supernatural creature before him. The half-ruined face, the incorporeality, and the sheer terror coursing through his body at the realization he has no way of harming it. All of his tricks, he schemes, his wily 'gotchas' useless against an enemy that can go through walls and not be harmed! What could he do? Aaron wonder that and more to himself in several nail-biting nanoseconds as the creature loomed overhead like a lion preparing to pounce on its prey. No, they were less than that. Like rats about to be devoured by proverbial house cats on the totem pole of monsters.

He couldn't do anything. Aaron Arturio was utterly and completely useless at dispatching such a foe.

But he could distract it.

"Run!" Aaron calls out to the others, throwing out his hand and giving Willow a pleading, scared expression utterly alien to the normally ever-confident boy's face. "Take the others and go!"

Notice of his plan duly given, Aaron does the only possible thing he can think of. The only conceivable solution, however improbable, presenting itself.

Pulling his plain, wooden rosary from his neck, he holds it out before himself. "Back, foul spirit of the damned! Return to whence you came. Let the power of Christ compel you: return to the depths of Hell!"

He was no cleric. He wasn't even a priest. But it was all Aaron Arturio had.

Olivia Reeds
    Location: Sea of UNKNOWN – Warped Zeus (Courtyard – East Side)

Quote Originally Posted by Jack
    “Name’s Jack.”...“And you are? Think you gotta be new, would’ve noticed a girl this cu- I mean this, noticeable, before.”
    “Hmm~ What’s that?” Olivia sidled up to Jack, holding his muscular arm and bringing her face really close to his just to see how he’d react. She found Jack’s slight slip to be quite cute and wondered what he’d do if she pushed his buttons.

“Well I suppose it’s only natural that you wouldn’t have seen me around until now. I did transfer in only recently from overseas.” She gave the boy a coy grin before breaking away to face him at a normal speaking distance.

“Allow me to introduce myself then. My name is Olivia Reeds. Pleased to make your acquaintance.” She looked Jack up and down, making no attempt to hide that she was admiring his physique. A solid build all around, the makings of a martial artist, plus he had some knowledge of how the school was laid out. An excellent candidate for a squadmate, though she would need a little more time to get a read on his temperament and how he performed in combat.

“I’m glad that you chose to follow me. Two heads are better than one and, admittedly, as a new student I’m quite unfamiliar with most places besides where my classes are. Together we’ll have a better chance of survival.” While it was unfortunate that the others did not follow suit and escape that deathtrap of a hallway, she probably should have known that the average high school student wasn’t prepared to jump out out a window at a moment’s notice. At this point, all she could do was hope that the others would find their own way to survive, at least until help arrived.

But where to now? A quick glance at their surroundings revealed little. The sky was as ominous as ever. A smokescreen-like haze seem to hang about them, limiting vision of their surroundings. The west would simply bring them back to where they started, the madhouse they just escaped. To the north she could only see the few odd gnarly-looking trees, which wouldn’t be much help unless they wanted to chop them down for lumber. The south was simply out of the question. Olivia couldn’t help but feel unnerved by the smell of death emanating from that direction.

“How about we continue to the sports facilities? We can search for weapons or gear that will help us protect ourselves.” With creatures like that wall of living acid on the loose, wandering around aimlessly wasn’t exactly in their best interest. First they needed to secure a means to defend themselves.

“Do you think you can lead us there? I’ll keep an eye out behind us.” She held out a hand and gave Jack another grin. “We can even hold hands, just to make sure we don’t get separated.”
    <Airen> I play hetero every once in awhile
    Spoiler:
    <~Katie> dude who gives a fuck about girls being gay, sometimes girls aren't gay and that decision should be respected

Spoiler:
    [12:21.40] that might be a top tier post[12:21.45] frantic[12:21.47] post of the month, even[12:21.48] this right here[12:21.49] is MC [12:21.56] johnny has nothing on this dude[12:22.00] he's the MC of the nisio half[12:22.12] so wait[12:22.15] [ ] is, after all, my rival character[12:22.16] am i the gag heroine[12:22.20] yes

The Time-Governing Twelve Covenants Airen's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Rika Griffin

"..."

Going well so far, at least as far as such terms hold value in the depths of a nightmare.

One of the enemies is motionless, body completely broken by her strike; it had been somewhat unexpected to the conscious mind, people normally take a bit more of a beating before going down, but the instincts of the body simply accept it's death as it's death, moving seamlessly to focus on the remaining opponents. Of course fighting a group of attackers is always risky, if you can't keep track of everyone then someone can often get a lucky shot on you, or box you in to the point of escape being impossible, and...

Something like that happens, her casual dodge around a fist thrown with monstrous strength sends her into the path of the frail-looking but apparently quite sturdy girl and the flailing parody of human life that was trying to get a grip on her, a tumbling duo that seem to be caught in some sort of struggle for supremacy.

"..."

All factors are taken into account instantly, or rather, her gut feelings decide the course of her next few movements; the body will always prioritize itself when she's like this, she's not really thinking in the normal use of the word, simply letting years and years of ingrained movements and martial arts techniques act entirely on their own, letting the body fight it's own battles so that the mind doesn't slow it down, so...

These movements also can't really be called altruistic.

Part of the reason she had told the others to run was because she had known she wouldn't consciously prioritize them, the body would save itself and that would probably just be that, however...

In this instance...

One zombie is tumbling, in other words, it's balance is already precarious at best; the death or disabling of all opponents is the fastest way to restore safety, a scream from up ahead hints at the existence of more opponents and efficiency is the method through which Rika's instincts function, in other words...

Do as much as you can, as fast as you can, with as few movements as possible, thus-!

"Ram the other one."

She calmly suggests to Sakura, as she spins around behind the tumbling zombie, her arms moving to slip around it's waist like some sort of constricting snake; grappling someone stronger than you can be difficult, but this zombie's footing is poor so it shouldn't be able to brace properly, it's own efforts are focused more on Sakura, so-!

Once she has it nice and grappled from behind, well...

---She'd use all her strength to direct this little grapple party right into the other, lone zombie, taking care of both problems at once-!

A sort of battering ram without the consent of the ram-!
    Last edited by Airen; August 16th, 2022 at 05:50 PM.

Blog Entries
    Myo
    Location: Sea of UNKNOWN – Warped Zeus (Courtyard – Northern Yard)

Throwing the rat aside momentarily wasn’t a particularly difficult feat for you. It was more of a difficult feat to avoid being hurt while doing so, but you took advantage of its size and momentum. You weren’t a particularly tall individual, but you were more than capable of taking advantage of the agility and speed your frame allowed you.

And of course, being capable of nigh-superhuman strength also helped a lot. You took hold of it mid-charge, and using its strength against itself, you threw the rat against its fellows, buying you precious time. You hurried your way to the nearest climbable object, which rather than a wall, it turned out to be a relatively normal-looking tree.

No matter, it was good enough for your purposes. You jumped, grabbing into the nearest branch, and then put your feet against the trunk. After that, it was just a matter of basic parkour to get to the highest branch capable of supporting your weight, before the mutant rats could object to your decision to disengage.

The moment you settled yourself in your observation post, you looked down. The mutant creatures hadn’t let you go yet, although they didn’t seem to know what to do about the obstacle in front of them. Rats were quite capable of climbing, but these were too bloated and oversized to be able to climb a tree, and yet nowhere near big enough to be able to reach your position.

So, they just surrounded the roots of the tree in a triangular formation, chittering to each other, the blue marks in their foreheads pulsing slightly. It was as if they were communicating somehow. The air around them felt weird, and in general these… things gave you a very eerie feeling you couldn’t quite express.

For now, you ignored them, and took a look at your surroundings.

You had explored the terrains of the school before, and you had now orientation enough to recognize that you were in the northern portion of the school’s massive courtyard, or rather, the terrains that surrounded it.

To your memory, the northern portion of the terrains was mostly unremarkable. There hadn’t been much of anything there. It was narrower than the other three sides, and it was mostly a park of sorts. Gardening had been employed in full to transform it into a rather pleasant and aesthetic place of relaxation.

There were a lot of flowers, a path that went through from east to west, a lot of trees and sundry greenery, and not that much else. At the northeast, there was a gazebo, with a kiosk where to buy refreshments and the products of the Cooking Club. And very close to the main school building, there was an unused gardening shed that had become the main hangout of the local gang.

There should be an actual gardening and maintenance shed to the northwest, too, and even further past to the west, the twin dorm buildings. But you couldn’t see any of these things. Because it had all changed entirely.

First, the relatively narrow strip of garden had been enlarged to proportions you couldn’t estimate yet, because you were unable to see the external wall from here. In fact, you still could barely see the silhouette of the school building despite the height advantage.

A veil of darkness hung over everything, occluding your vision past a certain point. Once that point was reached, it was all black, and your eyes couldn’t penetrate past that. Which made no sense, because while the light that came from the eldritch skies was dim and strange, it should’ve illuminated far more than it was. Strange.

Second, gone were the flowerbeds, the path, the ornamentations and all aesthetic feeling the yard might’ve ever had. It was now an absolute disaster area, with only those strange bushes and the trees populating the land, most of the latter at least looked normal, but some seemed strangely twisted and gnarled, their branches forming a strange, unnatural shape. Ruins of the ornamentations and structures were still visible, having not survived the transportation process. Here and there, you could see the half-eaten remnants of students littered in the area. You counted at least six in what you could still see, and a bunch of corpses of these bloated rats, along with at least two or three bodies of very weird-looking crows.

All of this set to a background music of screams and loud noises. All muffled, all directionless, and thus useless except to inform you that there were still living people struggling against these monsters.

You weren’t quite sure of where exactly you were within the northern courtyard itself, but judging by the warped school building, you should be somewhere in the middle. Which meant, if you remembered it right…

Yeah, there it was. You had a hard time seeing it, but you definitely noticed the northern entrance to the school. The main entrance was at the southern side, and went directly to the school lobby, but there were quite a few more entrances to the building, and this was one meant to give access to the northern garden, and it was still where you expected to find it, which seemed to indicate that at least the overall relative positioning of things hadn’t changed except for an increase in the distances involved.

Or at least you could hope so.

Still, was that a moving shape you saw by the entrance? How weird, they seemed to be moving randomly, and the steps were a bit strange and off-beat, but it was definitely a human shape.

You looked around once again to make sure you missed nothing, and you detected movement at the corner of your eyes. You looked again and… yeah, there it was. It was brief, but you saw some movement due east, a bit more to the north, just at the ultimate limit of what you could see before the darkness engulfed all. But you had definitely seen the school’s uniform for a brief moment along with the movement, so there might be a student over there as well.

So now, you had two obvious options: the entrance, or the place where you had noticed movement. You also had paths to go to either by jumping from tree to tree, or to a wall in some cases, but in both paths, there were sections with no other perch at jumping distance, so you’d have to dash for it nonetheless.

Now, what will you do? The rats were still at the roots, waiting…

quotes

Blog Entries
    Neru Sune

Now, in movies, or manga. This kind of thing was the precursor to an origin story.

The skinny, uncool kid is thrown into a dangerous new world, finds charisma and heroism within himself rallies his fellow survivors to valiant battle, and becomes a protagonist. Sometimes he gets a harem, depending on the rating.

As neru ran, the exact limit of his bravery was such that he didn’t actually act on the idea that popped into his head where it occurred to him if he tripped one of the students running with him he could probably get away while the zombie runners chowed down.

…Seriously, he ends up having to deal with zombies and they turn out to be runners? That was some horse shit. He just couldn’t get himself to focus. Even though logic dictated fear and adrenaline should have shocked him into a near tunnel vision level of threat assessment, random thoughts about manga and zombie classifications kept rattling around on the back of his mind, intermixed with Ann’s buzzing.

I wish she would shut up…

Still, there was a cold comfort in running with the other students. Normally in his nightmares, in this kind of situation either the group of survivors would outpace him (or even knock him backwards into the pursuers as bait) or it would turn out they were actually a bunch of cannibals or something. Here, everyone seemed as out of breath and frightened as he was.

However, what little reassurance that offered went right out the proverbial window when…

It looked just like he imagined it would. It was a little thicker then his own. A boy’s? A strong boy’s? Or maybe a girl who practiced Kendo…?

But what was most noticeable was…it was oozing. The dark sludge that crinkled out of the dismembered digit, intermixed with a moldy and coppery smell that dribbled onto his hand, then into the floor when it fell from suddenly nerveless fingertips.

it was only the roar of the behemoth and the screams of the students that forced Neru to swallow down a full mouth of rising bile. He nearly choked on vomit. But he didn’t have time. It was frustrating they had abandoned the classroom. It could have been made defensible, or at least more defensible. More to the point, it would have had what Neru’s desperate mind came up as an idea.

Chairs. They had ripped off some chair legs. Hell, neru had one jammed into his belt right now. But Neru wasn’t looking for a weapon. He would have used them to hurl at the legs of the runners. They wow ups they even have required any particular accuracy or strength. Just get them more or less in the right area and sheer momentum would have done the rest. Neru and the others could have pounded in their skulls while they were scrabbling all over each other on the ground.

There was some debris, and maybe a real athlete could have timed throws to catch feet as they were about to hit the ground, or disabled kneecaps, but neru had no illusions he could pull off such a feat.

No, what made the idea of chairs workable in the first place was they were large enough and heavy enough, with thick dangling extremities that would assist in momentum wrangling up the target.

So maybe he should run after all? He didn’t really want to, the most experienced party seemed to think it was a bad idea, and like any panicky person who didn’t know what to do, he was inclined to listen to the voice of authority. But if the others ran, and those zombies attacked from the rear, they were all going to die.

I am going to be eaten alive because I can’t find a chair in a school. Neru thought morosely as his eyes landed on a…

No. Oh dear god no…

Other then debris, there was only one other object in abundance in the room.

Neru broke out of the small pack of students who were either breaking in headlong flight or about to get there and ran to the one thing he spotted that might allow him to put his plan into motion.

…A half eaten corpse. It still had a leg and an arm on it. And was lighter then he was afraid it would have been. Hurling an entire body, even when coursing through with adrenaline, might have well been beyond him. But the meat and organs that had been ripped out…a thought that once again forced Neru to choke back the acidic taste of his own vomit…made for something large enough and flail-y enough to utilize but light enough for him to get more or less where he needed it to go.

”Legs!” The blue haired boy blurred out. “Go for the legs!”

He and the lesser students didn’t have a chance against the behemoth. But if they worked together, or if neru got lucky enough for one throw to incapacitate the lot, they could probably take away the danger presented by a simultaneous attack from two directions. It was the best he could do.

..And…if Rosalyn and the others failed to stop the behemoth…it would probably stop to eat them first.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Willow Durand

“Eep!”

Willow pales at the impossible and frightening sight before her. The ghost of a student she might’ve come to know in different circumstances is giggling ominously at them. A ghost with half a face. A horrific sight in an already horrific place.

The worst part is, there’s nothing they can do. They can’t fight it, they can’t defend themselves from it. Maybe they could try running. But, it only has to be as fast as their slowest member. Which puts the weakest members at the most risk. Something she’s not willing to consider. She gulps, her mind racing. There must be something, anything, that they can do!

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Arturio View Post
    "Run!"
    "Take the others and go!"
    Willow’s eyes widen as Aaron speaks. She can hear the tremble in his voice, see the desperation in his eyes. A part of her believed he would never be affected no matter what he faced. If it wasn’t for the current situation, a part of her would feel relieved.

His idea could work. Have someone distract the ghost so it can’t chase the rest. It’s just, Willow can’t do what he’s asking of her. If his rosary doesn’t work, they’d be abandoning him. And Willow doesn’t intend on abandoning anybody.

She exhales deeply, pushing down all her concerns and fears, and simply smiles. Now’s not the time for her to be afraid. She needs to stay strong for the others.

“Sorry, but I can’t do that.”

I’ll support you. You’re not alone.

She won’t abandon him, not with that look on his face. This situation is terrifying. But, Willow can handle it. And she will handle it, until the others are able to. Besides, there is no one better suited for a distraction than Willow. This isn’t the time for her to stand to the side or abandon a friend.

Willow beams at the others.

“Don’t worry, we’ll catch up with you in no time.” Her words brimming with confidence. Not a shred of doubt crosses her face as she faces the group. A performer to the end, Willow curates her appeal in the way most likely to be accepted by her audience.

Then, the dancer moves. Her every step, every movement is mesmerizing. There is a sense of weakness in this performance, of vulnerability.

A particular draw to her main audience, the ghost. And yet, it is not Willow who her movements are drawing the attention to. It’s Aaron. Akin to a backup dancer supporting the main actor’s movements, Willow’s grace and performance is focusing attention on the eccentric boy with the rosary. He was already drawing attention, and she’s supporting it. Ensuring it.

If the rosary works, the monster might be intimidated. If not, there is no knowing if it’ll pass him over for someone weaker. Well, this ghost is only going to be looking at him. Willow will make sure it doesn’t even notice the others taking their leave from the stage. It won’t even have the option to threaten them.

[Taunt: Aaron]

Wise Up

Perks

(Focus) Performative Dancer
    A virtuoso in the art of the performative aspects of dance, Willow can be considered just as much of a performer as she is a dancer. Her ability to entertain an audience and inspire the emotions she wishes is nothing short of incredible.
    [Allows Willow to manipulate the attention of the targets, depending on their level of sentience and intelligence, being able to concentrate attention on herself, or on her target of choice. Allows for the creation of two movement or dance related Techniques. Other details unknown.]

Everlasting Smile
    Willow is a girl who endeavors to always have a smile for anyone, anytime. To be able to provide such light even in the thickest of darkness. Indeed, few people have seen her so much as scowl. Such is the nature of Willow and her everlasting smile.
    [Increased resistance against Fear status. Other details unknown.]

Blog Entries
    Sakura Sumeragi
    Time: Day 1 - Afternoon
    HP: 160 | SP: - | Self: 130

That's it. My life is officially over. I'm not sure exactly what just happened, but I know this zombie just touched me. So now I'm infected. Probably super infected- given the sorry state of my body. It's only a matter of time before I reject humanity and become a disgusting, shambling corpse now. It was a good run...

"AAAH! Get it off! Get it off of me!"

Even knowing I'm already as good as dead, it doesn't stop me from being terrified of the rotting body trying it's best to give me a hug. So I can't help but scream.

It's strong, but awkward and clumsy. Probably the only thing keeping it from treating my neck like beef jerky... So even with what little arm strength I have, I'm able to hold it off for now. But in doing so, I'm learning all too well what it feels like to have fetid flesh warp around your fingers and burrow under your nails... As if wanting to puke up my own stomach wasn't enough, now it feels like my skin is going to slither right off of my body.

It's hard to make sense of anything else that's going on.

Amid the struggle, a few words do enter my mind. Something like "get the other one." It doesn't make much sense. None of this makes any sense. But I don't think we're afforded the luxury of making sense at the moment.

So, while trying my best to keep Mr. Touchy at bay, I look for another target and attempt to move to it next. If I'm gonna die and become a zombie, I might as well do what I can while I still have my wits about me.

Wise Up!
    Name: Sakura Lee Sumeragi
    Race: Human

STR: 7
    DEF: 22
    AGI: 7
    EVA: 6

Irregular Immune Disease
    Sakura, since she was young, has been afflicted with a unique immune disease. While initially believed to be a type of autoimmune disease, it was later discovered that Sakura’s immune system attacks both foreign invaders and not just itself. For this reason, it has been debated whether Sakura’s condition can be classified as an existing disease or an entirely new condition all its own.

As stated, Sakura’s immune response is indiscriminate in its targets; however, it is not attacking everything at all times. At times it functions normally. At times it works in reverse. And at times it wreaks havoc. But if there is one thing that is consistent through it all, it is how strong and virulent her immune system is. This can be seen in the fact that Sakura has rarely been sick for more than a day, despite her compromised defenses. This aspect of her body is so bewildering in fact that it has jokingly been theorized that her body cannibalizes itself “simply so that it has something to do.” Naturally though, there is no scientific backing to this claim.

Referred to as IID by her doctors, it’s currently believed to be a mutation of several autoimmune disorders. Her most common symptoms include weakened joints, weight loss, fatigue, muscle soreness, flaky skin and rashes, sensitivity to heat and cold, and numbness.
    [When inflicted with a Viral or Biological Sickness, will heal lower level ones in a matter of turns (number depending on the nature of the disease). 50% chance of having upper level Sickness of that type disappear at the end of the day, but 50% chance of it worsening during the day and increasing the damage caused by it. Greatly increases overall resistance against Poison.]

High Bone Density
    Despite her frail condition, Sakura also has a genetic mutation which causes her bone mineral density to be higher than the average person. Simply put, this makes her bones harder to break. While it’s a bit ironic for someone as “sickly” as Sakura to have such a beneficial mutation, it’s one of the few traits she takes a special pride in.
    [All physical damage received is reduced by 5. Resistance towards Wounds that involve breaking bones increased. Increased resistance against Stun Lvl 1. -1 to Precision rolls that aim to cut through Sakura’s limbs or behead her.]
    "I promise nothing." - Sei "Kanra" Slayers
    Resident Sadist. Enjoys stepping and sitting on people.
    Avid lover of butts and anime.

Kaguya

'Oh great. First zombies, now mutated crows? Could the day get any worse?'

Somewhere in the back of her mind, Kaguya knew that things could always get worse, so she held back on saying anything lest she tempt fate. No, what's important right now is pondering what she should do with all these new variables in the mix.

On one hand, ignoring the crows mean they might become a constant nuisance and harassment, and judging by the looks of the crows they can deal some serious damage. But on the other hand, fighting them first means letting the super-zombie that's chasing them catch up, and the image of that thing skewering through a door and a human head with ease is still fresh on Kaguya's mind.

It only took a few seconds for her to decide.

After all, between certain death and suffering some wounds, the choice is obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiyori
    “Well, devil crows. Okay, that’s some shit. Look, got no problem with your homie having a birdwatching hobby or what not, but we don’t have the time to tangle with birds. Remember the super zombie?”
    Thankfully Hiyori is of the same opinion, and Kaguya is quick to support the girl.

"I concur. These birds are nothing compared to the thing that's chasing us, so I suggest we start running unless you have a death wish."

Which is fine by her, to be completely honest. She had no love for Zhong's gang (the guy seems like a part of the gang too), and while she doesn't necessarily want them dead, she wouldn't miss them if they decide to throw their lives away either. Hell, they might even become a good bait should that happen.

But well, that's only if they decide to be stupid.

Until that happens, they're all allies with a vested interest in staying alive.
    Last edited by palad1n; August 24th, 2022 at 01:48 PM.
    Regalia Hijinks

<Erlkonig|Phone> Why get a gf, when Airen is your waifu?

<Airen|Phone> I'll save everyone, it's fine

<Snaxies> Airen is totally Jesus again

<frantic> I actually hate reading your post because you're so fucking anime

<Reiu> Regalia is a scary place desu...

<Mellon> He who lives by the oneshot, dies by the oneshot

Personal Compliments

<@RacingeR> Pally would be a perfect shoujo lead

<Erlkonig> I would fall for Pally if he was a qt shoujo manga lead girl

Quote Originally Posted by Airen
    Only pala is pure, the rest of ya are twisted

Quote Originally Posted by Cheetose
    I'm not sure if it's like this generally, but Pala seems to be very good at making naive and innocent, but also strangely bulliable characters.

Blog Entries
    Alexandra Gray
    Location: Sea of UNKNOWN – Warped Zeus (Courtyard – Tree Garden)

Wronger Neighborhood
    Turn 4

To be honest, there isn’t all that much to say about the fate of the crow your fist targeted.

The poor critter had been a bit too busy hounding the Asian girl, and hadn’t noticed your incoming attack until it was way too late.

Let’s put it simply.

There was crow.

Now there was no more crow, save for a scant few feathers and a borderline indescribable corpse left on the ground. And quite a lot of yucky biological matter stuck on your fist.

Mutated Crow E has been slain

Luckily, the crows hounding you don’t get to attack you again. The battlefield erupted in complete chaos as a three-sided battle got itself going.

You saw one of your pursuers get clipped in the wing by a vine, going down and slamming into the ground, dying upon impact.

Mutated Crow C has been slain

The other managed to get closer to you, if not enough to attack you quite yet. In front, you see that the girl has stopped just near the radius of action of one of the trees, and is engaging one of the crows. You lose sight of her as more crows, you can’t quite count them just yet, arrive to the area and start pecking on the trees as if they’d gone insane.

But you weren’t quite forgotten. No, one of the trees decided to make sure you knew you were loved and acknowledged, as a vine surged from the ground and slapped you on the ribcage.

Battle calculation

Mutated Tree’s Speed
    -25 (Mutated Tree’s AGI) > 14 (Alexandra’s EVA)
    Mutated Crow’s Attack
    -30 (Mutated Tree’s STR) – 14 (Alexandra’s DEF) = 16 damage.
    Alexandra’s HP: 46 – 16 = 30 HP

You felt your ribs snapping apart as the whip got you almost by surprise. You couldn’t do anything about it, other than take it as best as you could, and it was not enough. Blood poured out of your mouth as you felt your insides being jarred, air driven entirely out of your lungs. Then the pain caught on to you as you fell on the ground, and for a moment you couldn’t do anything but to writhe.

Instinctively, you understood that although you still had some fight within you, you were already a goner. You might be able to last a few more moments, but the left of your ribcage has been shattered and the pieces of your ribs had pierced your organs.

You were fated to never walk out of this hell of trees.

And yet.

As if provoked by the mere thought of the reaper’s scythe approaching.

Something inside you blazed.

Awakening
    Race changed to Enhanced Human.
    Lifespan increased to ???.
    Path to Ascendancy unlocked.
    Attribute Unbound activated.
    Trait Fate-Breaker activated.
    Stat cap increased to 40.
    Spiritual Power “Tabula Rasa” awakened, information on how to wield it obtained.
    Healed 20% of max HP.
    Status Effects cleared.

Kill the gods, Survivor.

You stood up.

Power unlike anything you felt before filled your body. You didn’t even know when your ribcage had reformed itself, the terrible wound almost entirely gone.

Your eyes pierced the darkness. Your ears could hear every single noise caused by the battle. You could smell the blood in the air. All your senses had enhanced, and you could now perceive the faint spiritual aura of things, as if a whole new dimension to the world had been revealed before your eyes.

You had fallen as a human, and had risen as an Enhanced Human. Knowledge of the power you had awakened, a supernatural ability that could only be likened to sorcery, filled your brain.

Your situation was still dangerous.

But you now had become oh so much more dangerous than you once were.

Time to punch fate in the face.

Codex update

Name: Mutated Tree
    Race: Plant
    Attributes: Plant
    Spiritual Rank: 1

STR: 25
    AGI: 10

Perks:

Rooted [Plant Trait]
    Those in possession of this attribute are wholly unable to move, as they are rooted in place and connected to the soil. They are unable to execute normal attacks outside of the radius their body can cover, and the attacks done on the outside fringe of that radius are quite slow. However, for attacks executed within the inner radius, AGI +15. Other details unknown.

Creeping Vines
    Creation and management of plant matter in the shape of vines. These vines are capable of attacking like whips past the range limit of the Mutated Tree, adding +5 to STR. A maximum of two vines can be held, albeit only one can attack per turn. Other details unknown.

quotes

Blog Entries
    Cyrus Ferdinand
    Location: Sea of UNKNOWN – Warped Zeus (Distorted Hallways – 2nd Floor)

You spun and took the right path with barely any hesitation. The two following you stopped and hesitated. You didn’t bother glancing back as you ran.

Cecily clenched her teeth, taking one look at the path upwards before thinking of something, and following after you. The other one took a look at the corpse, and didn’t follow, instead running to the left, up the ramp, never to be seen again.

You couldn’t possibly know yet about the safe point in the school’s lobby, and you didn’t know the wisdom of the decision to not ascend. Without knowing, you had gambled well… and yet…

You ran and ran and ran, and yet you were unlucky. The strangely familiar slime thing pursued, and you lost all sense of your surroundings as you ran. The damn thing was gaining on you, Cecily was already running as fast as she could and leaving you behind, but she too was losing terrain. The monstrosity would gobble you up first and then eat her if you weren’t enough to entertain it.

Had your devilish luck run out? The moment that thought crossed your mind, you saw it.

Hope, in the shape of a window big enough for the two of you to go through.

Now it was another decision, another gamble.

Jump out the window and hope the slime couldn’t or wouldn’t follow? Or continue running through this seemingly endless, overbearingly dark hallway and hope for something to turn the situation around?

Yet another coin toss in a life full of such games.

quotes

Blog Entries
    Cyrus Ferdinand
    Location: Sea of UNKNOWN – Warped Zeus (Distorted Hallways – 2nd Floor)

Left or right, up or down. It was everyone’s decision to make. Cyrus made his choice, and his alone. It didn’t matter if the other two approved. It didn’t matter if they went the other way. What mattered was that he got to make his choice.

Even as he ran with no end in sight, save for an inevitable death inside of the stomach of a giant acid-monster, he never once reconsidered.

He had chosen the path which sloped downward…

“Here’s good.”

Cyrus’ choice paid off.

He glanced down the window. The fall looked far more forgiving after taking the path that went down. A guy as average as Cyrus had no interest in taking that jump. Johnny could have done it. Johnny would have done it. But not Cyrus, not the gambler.

He had gambled on finding a better spot to abandon ship.

As far as he was concerned, he had found it.

There wasn’t time to deliberate on it. The time he could buy just from running away had burnt to nothing, and his stamina was soon to follow.

Cyrus glanced at Cecily. The other guy was gone. Perhaps he fell behind, perhaps he took the other route. Either way, he hadn’t noticed.

Lucky for her, she chose the unluckiest master gambler.

Cyrus turned back to the window. Then, without a word, he gave it a strong kick, the strongest he could muster. Cracks spread along the surface of the glass, radiating out from his foot.

“That’ll do.” He took a step back, then dashed into the window without missing a beat, slamming into the cracked glass and shattering it completely. One hand covering his eyes to defend from shards of glass, another hand planted atop his head to keep his cap on, Cyrus leapt out and into the world illuminated by teal.

Blog Entries
    Eleanor Lansing
    Location: Sea of UNKNOWN – Warped Zeus (Distorted Hallways - ??? Floor)

There were no windows in this hallway.

In fact, as far as you could remember, as perhaps one of the oldest Zeus alumni, this hallway hadn’t existed before. Neither had the classroom.

Where the hell were you at? You knew you were at Zeus, the tiling, the walls, everything about this hallway ‘belonged’ to the school, and the two corpses you had left behind were fellow students, but…

This was not the building you were familiar with.

Your only source of illumination were the lamps that appeared at irregular intervals, some placed off-center, some broken, most only illuminating a bit of the path. The darkness around corroded at you, and even with your enhanced senses your eyesight couldn’t penetrate too far through.

The smell of death and decay was all-pervading, however. The sensation of danger that welled up within you only grew and grew. And yet no monster came out of the darkness to tear at your face. Yet.

Finally…

You saw something. Or rather, someone.

Their backs were turned towards you, but you could tell it was a man. Judging from the clothing and stature, a teacher. He was standing just barely within the cone of light provided by a singular lamp above, and was staring out into the darkness.

He didn’t seem to sense your presence or your approach. He merely stared into the darkness, unmoving and silent.

quotes