Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 12345813 ... LastLast

Thread: Titanomachy Rebirth (IC)

Blog Entries
    Neru Sune
    Time: Noon

It was a strange thing to feel, this mixture of victory and helpless, strangled rage. He had never managed to drive off the devil teacher, not even once. To his knowledge, nobody else had ever managed to do so either. Pushing her back, even temporarily, was a feat worthy of song. That said...

...Neru was only able to keep his mouth shut by biting so hard on his inner cheek that he tasted the coppery warmness of his own blood. It wasn't right for her to take away his dream like that. And after all the time she spent belittling his nightmares, it was almost laughable that just a peak at one should illicit so powerful a response. How many times had she raked him over the coals for screaming at the wrong time, for not being able to repress a start or other somatic sign of pure terror?

Lady, you just got a peak inside there. That's my world 33% of every day.

...Again, he was able to keep his mouth shut, though there may have been a flicker of thoughts not completely concealed by his flashing glasses.

A few students stopped to offer consolations or congratulations. Neru did his best to pretend he cared. It was hard. The annoyance was giving him a head ache. Or maybe it wasn't. The problem with people like him was that you could come up with almost any excuse to do what you wanted.

I am in a good mood.

I am in a bad mood.

I need to relax.

It will make me feel better.

I'll get more done.

These thoughts and more swirled around Neru's mind as he walked out of the class room. He didn't bother heading for the lunch room. There was a reason why Neru was so skinny, he rarely ate in the first place, and today was no exception, he just wasn't hungry at all. Instead, he headed for his locker, sometimes that was enough. After a few attempts at spinning the rotary due to an unwelcome shake that seemed to start at his elbows and trebmble all the way down his fingers, he managed to unlock the door. Inside was the usual students mess of books, old notebooks, and a few less then stellar tests grades he had stuffed out of sight and hopefully out of mind.

If there was any selling point to his locker at all, it was it did not contain the stale mildew smell of unwashed gym clothes. Mostly because Neru so rarely went to athletics in the first place, and never bothered to exert himself when he did, that such normal teenage boy's effects were not present, What was there, and what he was going for, was his old rain coat, which he wrapped around his shoulders. It wasn't an especially cold day, but he was more interested in the extra pockets. With an ease and confidence born of long practice, he reached unerringly into an inside pocket and pulled out a ziplock back filled with coffee grounds and a plastic bottle of half empty coke.

The blue haired boy rather steadfastly ignored the beverages' stale flavor and warm room temperature, as he poured a half handful of coffee grounds into his mouth and then swallowed it straight down with a few mouthfuls of the less then delicious beverage. Some people called this particular maneuver a "coffee shot". There was nearly an entire pot's worth of coffee contained in the grounds, swallowing it with a caffeinated beverage stimulated the digestive system and caused it to mix in the blood faster. Almost immediately, he felt a surge of dopamine and serotonin.

Those who weren't "like Neru" would have trouble understanding this particular feeling, but to those in his position...

That of the addict...the painkilling rush of affirmation chemicals was familiar enough he could clinically both recognize and understand the process.

It was enough, barely. This process was known as "sublimation" It was actually used in methodone clinics. Because the human brain responded to the meeting of an addiction by releasing more or less the same cocktail of chemicals, it was possible to trick a more complex addiction with a simpler, less dangerous one. In this case, it helped that the coffee shot effectively did, to a far lesser extent, what he would have preferred.

...Still, the young boy couldn't resist grabbing a few eye droppers from the back corner of one shelf and loading them into his pockets. It was somewhat dangerous to keep "that" on his person, but most people, even cops, expected it to be in a from that could be smoked, snorted, or injected. It was actually somewhat hidden knowledge that carefully applied, one could absorb chemicals directly through the thin ocular membranes. As a matter of fact, the efficacy of such a strategy went up, as less was lost through the process of smoking, or blown away when snorted. It was slightly less efficient then injection, but syringes were an obvious piece of paraphernalia. Neru actually had the pieces of one sewn up in a jacket pocket for special occasions, but he kept it dissembled, separated, and sterilized for plausible deniability.

"Yeah..." He couldn't help but mutter to himself with a cold grin...."Gotta keep those eyes open...!"

With his mood much improved, Neru almost skipped off to the stairs leading to the school roof. There was sometimes things worth seeing up there, if you liked people watching, and there was some sort of athletic event that was happening now...or maybe it was later. Either way, since he was feeling good, it might be fun to overlook things from above.

Or maybe it was just kind of funny to think of the roof as a place to enjoy a small high.

Wise up!

Information added on Neru's third perk, XXXXXXXX

...Neru appears to have an addiction he is struggling with. Further details are unknown!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Olivia Reeds

Olivia sighed, gave her pen a final twirl and capped it. Finally class was over. On her desk lay her notebook, definitions and key formulas scribbled onto the page. It was mostly concepts she had been taught before but it didn’t hurt to review, especially given the highly specific focus of the education provided by her previous tutors. History lessons often lead to discussions on current conflicts or revolutions. Chemistry sometimes took a detour into how to craft homemade explosives. A lesson on trigonometry could turn into an exercise for calculating the ballistics of a sniper rifle at 1000 meters into a headwind at 5 degrees Celsius. Hardly examples of things she expected to do in civilian life.

Her reminiscing was interrupted by a boy barging into the room and approaching a pair of girls. Amidst the herd of students fleeing the room, his shock of red hair stood out. The uniform of Zhong’s army.

Unconsciously, the corners of Olivia’s mouth turned upward. Finally something more interesting. Perhaps the classic episode about bullying? The show’s heroine bravely defends her more timid friend from the brash and loud punk despite her fear and the potential danger involved. Krystine was it? From the acrobatic team? A quick observation of her stance and the way she carried herself revealed that–while she was fairly in shape for a teenage girl–she was probably not well versed in the ways of violence. How admirable. Perhaps she should provide some service?

Olivia finished putting her things away into her bag, grabbed her umbrella, and quickly strode over to the stare down in progress. From behind she pulled the red-haired punk’s collar and executed a perfect over the shoulder throw, slamming him into the ground. She smiled pleasantly at the boy on the floor.

“My, am I interrupting something?”
    <Airen> I play hetero every once in awhile
    Spoiler:
    <~Katie> dude who gives a fuck about girls being gay, sometimes girls aren't gay and that decision should be respected

Spoiler:
    [12:21.40] that might be a top tier post[12:21.45] frantic[12:21.47] post of the month, even[12:21.48] this right here[12:21.49] is MC [12:21.56] johnny has nothing on this dude[12:22.00] he's the MC of the nisio half[12:22.12] so wait[12:22.15] [ ] is, after all, my rival character[12:22.16] am i the gag heroine[12:22.20] yes

アカシャの蛇 The Serpent of Akasha RacingeR's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Sakura Sumeragi & Ishmael Freeman

Sakura:

“No problem!” Maeve affirmed cheerfully.

“Mm.” Medb nodded to her sisters’ words, still keeping an eye on you. The younger of the twins seemed to find the situation relatively interesting, while the older one looked somewhat fed-up, but there was an edge of genuine concern to them.

Quite a few of your classmates were more prone to consider you troublesome due to your condition, instead, but the twins weren’t from that kind. Then again, sometimes pity could be bothersome by itself, too.

Medb didn’t seem to have much to say either. She wasn’t very talkative at the best of times, and silence seemed to suit her temperament a lot more.

The same couldn’t be said about Maeve. Evidently, her curiosity had been piqued, and she seemed to be brimming with questions about you.

“So, what’s up with your condition? We’ve seen you go in and out of the infirmary since ever. Were you born like that?” She asked bluntly, and without mincing words. Of course, you could tell clearly that she didn’t have any bad intention. Just unbridled curiosity.

“Maeve. You’re bothering her.” Her older sister cut her off immediately, and the younger of the duo stuck her tongue at her sister as answer, before turning her head to look at you, just in case you answered her questions.

Right, you didn’t remember ever talking with them about your sickness, or rather, bouts of sickness. Whether you were the type that talked about it or not, it just simply had never come up with the twins.

As Maeve watched you, you also noticed Medb taking her phone out of her pocket. A frown marred her delicate and prim features, noticeable due to her usual lack of expression, although she quickly smoothened it.

Ishmael:

“Yes, yes I know you’re useless. And yet I have no other option but to deal with you. If I’m stuck with you as manager then you better carry your weight, you ass.” Myrthe sighed exaggeratedly, massaging her forehead in irritation as she discharged your weight on a chair.

This said, there was no fire to her words. Either your usual aura of calm managed to keep her from getting really angry, or she was actually worried about you for once, which was the most likely option given that you looked way worse than she’d ever seen you before. Discounting the one time you had to get hospitalized and Zhong fucked her arms up beating you up, of course, but maybe your concussion this time was worse.

You lost track of things for a moment there. Was that the redhead twins over there? They were part of the swimming team, so you did have an acquaintanceship with them, but who was that with them on the bed and woah the room is blurring and swimming again, these stars sure are pretty~.

Alright, you’re back again, and things are coming into focus. There’s Mila’s face, peering at you. The nurse was always a nice sight alright. Yep, the dizziness is subsiding. You have to struggle against the nausea for a moment, but you manage to not throw up. Very manly. You’re sure someone up there in heaven is impressed at your heroic struggle.

Today’s experience had been new. Not the likely brain damage. That feint and mix-up Zhong threw you at the end. She already was a natural born monster of bare-handed combat, but now was she starting to splice some martial arts in? The notion was quite scary.

In fact, you’d liken it to the notion of a Kodiak bear suddenly achieving a black belt. Not something you’d like to be in the path of, but the gang leader had a troublesome tendency to pick on you. Something about you just pissed her the fuck off.

Room’s still spinning, and you missed a lot of conversation. Yeah, there’s the audio coming back, bit by bit. Let’s see if you can string this into something coherent, now that your brain isn’t trying to escape the dungeon of your cranium through your ears.

“Seems to be recovering just fine. What do you think, Ms. Zegers? I probably should keep him under observation for a bit, but I think he’ll be fine now.” The nurse said, turning to speak with your blue-haired friend. Enemy? Frenemy? Whatever. “Mr. Freeman always exhibited a notorious recovery speed… otherwise Ms. Liu’s tender attentions would’ve done him in for good long ago.”

Mila seemed to be having fun. The prez, however, wasn’t.

“Oh, come on. This couldn’t have happened at a worse time.” Now she was holding her head with both hands and looked ready to commit murder. “We have to get all that paperwork ready for that prissy little b- I mean, for Lovell to review. I need his ass there on the club dealing with it!”

“My, but if he’s as useless as you say, wouldn’t it be better for you to deal with the work alone?” The nurse teased.

Myrthe gave her a level, unamused look, but evidently had no answer to that one.

quotes
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1984 View Post
    Besides, I don't see what's so terrible about looting anyway. It's only property, they're not actually harming anyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    when I say hero I don't mean hero in the spirit sense. I mean a morally grounded, good natured person who doesn't slaughter innocent people. No such person exists in the Nasuverse.
    [00:12] <~Katie> i can't defy my origin
    [00:12] <~Katie> of gay memes

[16:15] <~Katie> lesbians has always been my gimmick and i will exploit it to the fullest

[22:56] <@Sei> airen is pegging hero this time
    [22:56] <@Sei> for once airen isn't the uke
    [22:56] <@Kuroyuki> I thought Air was the Woman in the Relationship?
    [22:56] <@Airen> Yeah I kinda thought I was the girl too!

Blog Entries
    Xavier Augustus & Willow Durand

“Ow, ow! Hey, my cranium is very valuable you know? I bet the part you hit is insured for thousands by itself!” Cynthia complained as she covered her head and took a step back.

“Aww, so you aren’t dancing, then, Willow?” She asked, trying the puppy eye trick on the dancer, but unsuccessfully. With you not wanting to do it, there was simply not enough people that could fit the music she wanted to make… even if you were somehow included, you still would be missing one or two more for the kind of number the blond singer seemed to want.

Well, maybe if those rumors were true… if that guy was included, then that would be another thing entirely. But you had yet to see any sign of him anywhere. It was unlike him to not immediately swagger his way to the Dance Club upon joining, so maybe the rumors were false. You could hope for that, at least.

Either way, Cynthia gave up. She’d have to do the dancing herself.

“So, like Xavier asked, what kind of choreography are you looking for? They’ve raised good points just now; we need more information if we’re going to do this.” The always down-to-earth Adelyn brought the conversation back on track as Xavier and Willow exchanged pleasantries. The musician was a known quantity to Willow so there was no need for introductions there: she’d been involved in some of the Dance Club’s performances before.

“I know! I was getting to that!” Cynthia complained, pouting. “The kind of choreography I’m looking for is something like this…”

She walked to the center of the room and… did some sort of incomprehensible movement?

“Aah.” She floated.

“Eeeh.” She twirled.

“Oh.” She came down to the ground with a flourish.

“… A monkey?” Adelyn asked, bewildered.

“What monkey?!” The singer fumed indignant. The three of you exchanged glances. This was troublesome.

Cynthia herself was definitely an able dancer, although she had rather limited talent in that area (although better than Shelia there). This went pretty well with the blond girl’s usually flashy and showy performances.

But unlike the surprising talent she’d shown for composing music, she evidently was ridiculously bad at coming up with the choreography for the dancing. To an extent that left everyone else flabbergasted.

Evidently, you’d have to pick up the slack here. Her song was good and the lyrics were extremely good. The music itself was amateurish but it was a workable composition that the two musicians here could edit into something at the professional level. But melding it with a dance piece was harder work.

Especially given how contradictory the piece itself was. How to keep the happy, upbeat and determined tone while still allowing for that sense of frustration hidden within, and that franticness that seemed to be at the heart and soul of everything Cynthia made?

quotes
    Besides, I don't see what's so terrible about looting anyway. It's only property, they're not actually harming anyone.
    when I say hero I don't mean hero in the spirit sense. I mean a morally grounded, good natured person who doesn't slaughter innocent people. No such person exists in the Nasuverse.

[16:15] <~Katie> lesbians has always been my gimmick and i will exploit it to the fullest

Blog Entries
    Eilian Aubrey

“Uh, well…” Astor grimaced slightly at your tone. “I mean, yes, this clock’s mostly for sentimental value and decoration…”

“But y’know, functionality is sort of a part of it? Been in the family for a bunch of generations already, and we always kept it on a working condition. So that’s part of the sentimental value of it?” He explained somewhat lamely, rubbing his brown hair awkwardly.

You stared at him for a few more seconds.

“… Besides, my parents are going to murder it when they learn it broke while I had it.” He admitted with a sigh.

Oh, so that’s the real reason. Not that he was lying completely with what he said before, but this is probably the pressing issue that has him so worried. Otherwise there’d probably be more surefire methods (albeit probably at some increased expense, given that no normal shop could deal with something this particularly unique) to get the timepiece fixed rather than taking it to the Crafts Club.

Olivia Reeds

“Ughyu-?!?” The red-haired boy made a very funny noise when he’d been exchanging heated insults with Krystine, only to find himself, all of a sudden, thrown against the floor, rather perfectly so. He hadn’t even noticed your approach at all.

Quite a few of your former tutors would have had rather strong words for the kid if they were here after such a performance.

“Bitch, what the fuck?!” He managed to eke out. You arched an eyebrow in surprise. He sure took that fall like a champ, even caught completely unaware. Instinct-level reaction… but you tend to see that more in martial artist or properly trained fighters. And this guy sure doesn’t look trained.

He rolled away from you quickly, only to bump awkwardly against a desk. Not much space for such maneuvers in the middle of a classroom, but he managed to use the desk to get up before making some more distance from you. Sturdy one, this boy.

You looked at your classmates. Ida looked obviously startled at the sudden violence, having shrunk herself a bit behind Krystine, and looking at the boy in clear concern. Krystine herself, however, was expressionless and had shoot her mouth completely. You detected some grim satisfaction on her eyes upon seeing the boy taken down a peg.

“What the- you, I mean, what the fuck?” The boy put his dukes up, eyeing you warily. Good striking stance, definitely a brawler type. Street fighting, then. Most of Zhongli’s people are like that, of course. “Who are you? Who the hell do you think you are, huh? Get out of my way!”

Ah, he’s definitely very, very mad now.

quotes

Blog Entries
    Sakura Sumeragi & Ishmael Freeman

"Ah... I see," Instinctively my eyes break direct contact. Slowly drifting from the inquisitive gaze, I chuckle nervously, "I... guess I never did mention it... Totally slipped my mind!"

I wonder if I could tell a more obvious lie.

Though, I guess it's not like I mind telling people about it. It's more so... How would I put it? I guess... I just don't want anyone to treat me any differently as a result of knowing. Granted... Probably a failed effort seeing how I'm already being treated differently from other regardless.

"So, my condition..."

I steadily will myself to remake eye contact. I don't want to come off as trying to avoid the twins or Maeve's question. I'm already poor in the friend department and this is the closest thing to an S-Link I have at the moment. To top it all off, they've already got a reputation for being a bit hard to approach, so I can't afford to screw this up. But... seeing how I'm staring contently at their hands rather than their faces, I can't help but feel I've already failed at some kind of socializing check.

"I'm not sure if I was born with it or not. But I've been like this for a long time. I think since I was about six," Using my personal blanket cocoon to my advantage, I start lacing my fingers together where no one can see. Just a little something to help ease my nerves, "But I guess you can say I've got somethin' of a... weird immune system. You know autoimmune diseases? That thing where your body more or less attacks itself. Well... Imagine that but it's bipolar and on steroids. That's basically what I have..."

I've never exactly been a fan of talking about myself. Honestly, it's not like there is much to talk about- seeing how I spend most of my time shut up in a room. That said, talking and having a conversation with anyone that'll listen has always added color to my life. Great little way to get the little happy chemicals in my brain flowing. I just wish I had something more interesting to talk about besides what's wrong with my body.

"It's like... Sometimes I've got this super strong, amazing, immune system. And other times I've got this really bad disease that wants to send me straight to this super comfy infirmary bed," Suddenly realizing this whole explanation is only drawing more attention to myself, I can't help but curl up in my blanket even more. My cheeks starting to burn a bit, "And the rest of the time... Well... My body just kinda wants to self-destruct."

And that's more or less the gist of it. I could probably go further into the details of it, but it's probably best if I don't. At the end of the day, Medb and Mauve are more or less strangers to me. I don't need to go boring them with my life story and all the sad details along the way. Though part of it is also probably me being self-conscious about the fact that my disease is the only reason I'm here at this prestigious academy. Compared to the majority of the students here, I feel like I'm definitely more of a charity case.

"Soooo there you have it. That's my character. Sick girl," Having spent the entirety of the one topic I had confidence in, I find my eyes once again drifting off to the side, "You two have pretty nails..."

Wise Up
    Irregular Immune Disease
    Sakura, since she was young, has been afflicted with a unique immune disease. While initially believed to be a type of autoimmune disease, it was later discovered that Sakura’s immune system attacks both foreign invaders and not just itself. For this reason, it has been debated whether Sakura’s condition can be classified as an existing disease or an entirely new condition all its own.

As stated, Sakura’s immune response is indiscriminate in its targets; however, it is not attacking everything at all times. At times it functions normally. At times it works in reverse. And at times it wreaks havoc. But if there is one thing that is consistent through it all, it is how strong and virulent her immune system is. This can be seen in the fact that Sakura has rarely been sick for more than a day, despite her compromised defenses. This aspect of her body is so bewildering in fact that it has jokingly been theorized that her body cannibalizes itself “simply so that it has something to do.” Naturally though, there is no scientific backing to this claim.

Referred to as IID by her doctors, it’s currently believed to be a mutation of several autoimmune disorders. Her most common symptoms include weakened joints, weight loss, fatigue, muscle soreness, flaky skin and rashes, sensitivity to heat and cold, and numbness.

"I promise nothing." - Sei "Kanra" Slayers
    Resident Sadist. Enjoys stepping and sitting on people.
    Avid lover of butts and anime.

Aaron Arturio

Quote Originally Posted by Bloble View Post
    Jordan looked to his left. To his right. Nothing. Everyone was too confused. Hell, he was confused. Might as well try to figure it out, then. "So lemme get this straight," he said. "Um... Arturio." This guy was new. Not a footballer by any means. Jordan didn't know him at all. "Zhong. Like, queen bitch gang leader Zhong, is going after Rhodes. Chamellia Rhodes. Superspy Rhodes. You know this, somehow."

Okay, all normal up to there. Chamellia was one of the girls Jordan had yet to talk to. He'd heard of her reputation though. An ex-reporter type who'd dug up lots of dirt on Zhong's gang and gotten a few of them expelled. That alone made her cool in his book. Must've put her in Zhong's shitlist too. But the next part...

"So you ran here. To the football team. 'Cus we're awesome. To ask for help." Jordan paced, rubbing his forehead as he pushed his brain cells together to decipher Aaron's insane speech. "And you need help to... get Zhong's phone. So you can look at her texts. So you can get her expelled. Even though she's for sure got a password on that thing."
    The bishonen prince of a man ran his hand through his hair with a dramatic flourish, pushing it back into place. His hair had become messy from the sprint to the locker room, and part of a True Hero's duty was to always look his best! "Yes, mighty thunderer, that is exactly the information I'd intended to impart! Thou is picking up what I'm putting down." 'Good', Aaron thought to himself. 'If these glorious champions of Americana understand as much, defeating the foulest Zhongli shall be a piece of ca-'

"Look... Aaron. Arturio. Dude." Jordan walked over and patted the boy's shoulder. "Hate to break it to ya... but Coach Phillips is right there." He jabbed a finger towards the tall man. "If anyone helps that plan of yours, we're all getting expelled. And most of us got scholarships to worry about. Besides, we train for sports. Not to be some kinda student vigilantes."

It was impossible from the start. Even Jordan couldn't smile and joke around about this. He sighed.

"Just leave it, man. If you heard something, report it to the teachers and they'll deal with it." No they wouldn't. Everyone knew that. Even Phillips.
    "Leave it? Leave it?" Aaron turns on the man with a face full of righteous fury, making to give the footballer a piece of his mind. They were the Zeus High School Olympians, champions of America's greatest sport and modern crusaders of the Holy Yard Line. How could they tell a fellow champion of justice, to his face, that shaking off the yoke of would-be tyrants like the Witch of the East was a matter to leave?

But something stops him. A glint in the footballer's eye, a furrow of the brow, a crease of his chin. To any normal person these would mean nothing, but to a True Hero and an Ally of Justice?

He looked up at Lavrenti and the coach and nodded. "Come on, I'll walk you to the principal's office. You can tell the guys there what's going on." He cast his gaze around the room. "Anyone wanna tag along and look tough in case a redhead wants to ambush our witness? Good way to get half an hour free of training."

Jordan, now behind Aaron, casually threw an arm around the boy's shoulder.

"That'll be justice enough, right?"

His fingers squeezed.

No, they seemed to say. It wouldn't be justice at all. Which was why he had something else in mind entirely.
    Aaron makes a show of wobbling in place, as though about to fall. "Ah, perhaps you are right great Olympian of Zeus, mightiest footballer of the Midwest. My head grows dizzy and my limbs weary; perhaps staying up all night to work on my Convenient Homework Assignment was not a good idea after all?" Using the much larger young man as a support, Aaron steadies his Definitely Weak Limbs and attempts to stave off his Absolutely Extant Dizziness. "Honestly, what was I thinking? Such an idea as Storming the Dread Queen's Foul Lair should be left to the Proper Authorities. Let us make for the principal posthaste, lest Lady Rhodes suffer the tyrannical wrath of the Black Queen of Sorrows."

Willow Durand

Willow turns from her conversation with Xavier and softly shakes her head in response to Cynthia’s question, her smile softening. Sensing weakness, Cynthia unleashes a powerful weapon: puppy eyes.

Ack-

How potent! Willow’s not used to being on the receiving end of such powerful puppy eyes. This must be how her father feels when Willow does it. But no! She won’t be swayed! Keep smiling and don’t fold, no matter how convincing those puppy eyes are! Nope! Not this time! It’s not like the dance would work with just the two of them anyway!

At last, Cynthia gives up and Willow can breathe a sigh of relief. Though, She supposes that last thought of hers might not have been correct. There is one person Willow knows who could’ve performed with them. She’d heard some rumors that he made it to Zeus, but knowing him they simply can’t be true. If he actually has been going to Zeus, she’d know by now. It might be rude, but she can’t help but feel relieved.

She is stirred out of her thoughts when Adelyn speaks up, asking the question on everyone’s minds. Willow nods along with the musician’s words, curious as to Cynthia’s answer.

Quote Originally Posted by RacingeR View Post
    She walked to the center of the room and… did some sort of incomprehensible movement?

“Aah.” She floated.

“Eeeh.” She twirled.

“…”

What she got was… unexpected. Just to make sure she wasn’t seeing things, Willow shares a glance with the musicians.

Nope, they also saw it.

She may have underestimated how much work she just agreed to. Well, at least Cynthia’s dance move was unique?

Willow takes a breath. She’d created great performances with less, she can work with unique. Looking at it another way, incorporating that dance move could be considered an interesting challenge for her!

Clasping her hands together, Willow cheerfully says: “Don’t you worry, Cynthia! I’ll help get your choreography up to the point where it’s worthy of sharing the stage with your song!”

Blog Entries
    Alexandra Gray
    Location: Zeus High School – 5th Floor (Martial Arts Team Training Room)

“Alright!” Hiyori was cheered up enough by your agreement to stop glaring murderously at Gwen and even clench her fist in joy. “Now we just have to train you up to getting some results, and I’ll finally be able to tell Rosalin to fuck off with her budget!”

Gwendoline herself was a lot less verbally expressive, merely smiling at you and nodding, genuinely glad that a friend joined her team.

However, your question suddenly caused an awkward silence to fall on the room.

It was your friend’s turn to stare down her president, and for once, Hiyori lowered her head, clearly embarrassed.

“Uh well…”

Gwen’s stare became more piercing.

“Hey, it wasn’t my fault! I had him pinned and he didn’t stop pushing! He broke his arm himself!” Hiyori said, defensive. “Told him to give up already like five times!”

Hm. How strange. Sure, Jack was in many ways the archetypical musclehead, but it wasn’t like him to not give up when he knew himself defeated, which he would have in such a situation. There was definitely more going on here that was being left unsaid.

“A-anyway! Leaving that mess aside! We have some time left, so if you want to get started- well, its not like we need to teach you the basics, but we’re going to need to get some things down, if we’re going to personally coach you.” Hiyori said, standing up, already done with her lunch.

At that moment…

“A tremor?” Gwen asked, the answer rather obvious as you felt the ground shake just the slightest bit below you.

And then it stopped. It was sudden, out of nowhere, and a bit startling, but it was gone in the blink of an eye.

An earthquake? If so, must’ve been a very light one.

Kaguya & Neru Sune

Neru:

How strange.

As you winded your way through the stairs, you felt more awake than you had felt since… since a really long time ago. When was it? You couldn’t remember, but then again it was hard to eke out clear details from the morass of nightmares and nightmarish days.

In any case, despite the particularly awful dream, you felt… not exactly peaceful, but more as if the weight that you felt on your limbs, on your whole body, was lightened considerably after that dream, in a way that exceeded the effects of the average high. What was going on? Did Mannequin-kun give you the good touch? Or was that just some damn good coffee?

As you winded up through the stairs and towards the roof, you felt exceedingly light, and yet as if you were being pulled down somehow, kept yet bounded to the Earth. Or if as something was trying to take you, or the whole school, through the earth.

And yet you felt as if you could float through the air. A strange, dull sense of sick happiness spread through you: serotonin, yes, the addiction fulfilled, but also something else. Fulfillment, yeah, something like that.

Almost as if you were about to reach the moment you’d been waiting for, during your whole life.

Strange thoughts. Idle thoughts.

Thisisnormaleverythingisnormalforgettheabnormalpro ceedasalwaysthisisanormalday

Something strains around you, but you ignore it, like you have ignored it through your whole stay in Zeus High.

You push open the door of the rooftop, still in your strange high, and forget the weird thoughts as you pass through.

You take a quick look to see who else is there: only three persons. But, well… of those three persons…

The universally acknowledged as the hottest and prettiest two girls in the school: Ludmilla Selee and Kaguya… you don’t know her surname. Hard to not know about these two, especially as a male student.

The third one… a nun? No, what nun, she’s wearing the school’s uniform. But you almost imagined a nun habit on her. She kind of has that energy. Big nun energy?

Heh.

The roof shakes slightly, and you barely notice it, although the two hot girls trip and fall on each other. Sight for sore eyes, that.

Whatever, it is a good day, you feel strangely awake, you are high, the sun shines and the skies are clear- there is a crack in the sky.

Notheresnot

Ah, phew, there’s not. That’d have been weird.

Anyway, what do you do now?

Kaguya:

“I- she’s not TOO MUCH for me to handle!” Mary exploded, offended. Your attempt to defuse the situation had instead just thrown a gallon of fuel on her fire, and the not-nun looked ready to rampage.

“No, no, I definitely am too much for you to handle…” Your friend commented dryly.

“Shut up, Harlot of Satan! I’m not talking with you!” Mary replied, before looking at you, about to start arguing your comment.

“Wow that one’s good too. Damn, now I’m conflicted. Which one do you want, Kaguya? I think I can give Whore of Babylon to you and I can have Harlot of Satan, those suit us a bit better, I think.” Ludmilla interrupted her rudely.

“Stop-! Stop trying to defile this pure girl!” Mary fumed.

At that moment…

It was a slight tremor. Very, very slight. However, because at that moment you had tried to hold Mary back from going around you and towards Ludmilla, you lost your balance and had the bad luck of slipping…

And as a result, you fell against Ludmilla and ended up dragging the both of you to the ground.

Well… at least for you it was a very soft landing. At least in this particular department you acknowledge there’s no beating your friend. They’re kind of intimidating, really.

You looked a bit upwards and met her eyes.

“Kyaaa.” Ludmilla said dryly.

“W-what the hell, that sounds so dead! And, get away from this holy maiden, you slattern!” Mary complained. Not that the pinkhead could get away right now, given that she was below you currently.

“P-please be gentle, this is my first time…” Your friend said with a straight face and an empathic lack of a blush.

She was evidently having the time of her life down there.
    Last edited by RacingeR; February 14th, 2022 at 05:21 AM.

quotes

Alexandra Gray
    Location: Zeus High School – 5th Floor (Martial Arts Team Training Room)

Hm.

There was certainly more to the issue than a mere overabundance of pride and a lack of prudence, even if someone is a 'meathead' as some would call it; they would have a better grasp of the limits of their own meat.

But, it was for shelving, future discussion pending. Ultimately, digging into the situation with Hiyori would at this point, I ascertained, be akin to trying to pry cactus needles out with your bare hands.

Certainly possible, but long, drawn out, and with a needless amount of stress and pain.

For the best to let sleeping dogs lie, I mused, scraping against the bottom of the container with my fork.

Then, a strange sensation came over the room, it was not dissimilar to the feeling of being jostled in the crowd.

I hummed thoughtfully, staring thoughtfully down through the layers of floors between myself and the ground.

"They're not unheard of in this part of the country," I stated, "Not anything too serious."

I placed my fork within the container, judging enough had been eaten of it for now, and likely sparing my companions the further aroma of the sauces and spices I favored with my bowls.

Taking a moment to step out of my shoes, I considered the situation with a grave air.

"I see, so flexibility and ease of movement are important, and it's important to get the most out of this in a short period of time."

Typically, this was the case in most situations like this.

I was unsurprised.

So, it should not have come as a surprise when I began undoing my belt and carefully removing my trousers.

"So the best way to do it should be like this."

It was only logical.

"I would be being guided through the motions by an instructor, and I would be able to pick out with my own eyes the exact motion and flexion of my muscle groups, full transparency made it simple to know what to focus on."

I turned to them.

"Would you like to join me?"

Kaguya

As Ludmilla's massive assets cushioned her fall, Kaguya felt like she understood both Mary and most men's reaction towards Ludmilla's body a little bit better.

It needs to be said that Kaguya was never envious of Ludmilla's body; she's steadfast in her belief that her own body is already perfect - as a certain saying in the internet goes, medium is premium - and Ludmilla's breasts are so huge it's honestly kind of intimidating (the backpain must have been insane). And yet as she landed her head on them and experienced it first hand, well...

Let's just say that she understood the appeal of big breasts better now. Hell, she almost instinctively grope it just because it looks so tempting, so maybe Mary had a point in her friend's body being a little bit too alluring; thankfully the thought that Ludmilla would never let her live it down if she did the deed was enough to stop her from falling into the temptation.

Then again, as their eyes met and Ludmilla let out the most deadpan "please be gentle" ever, Kaguya felt like her friend would happily oblige if she ever asks...

But alas, as much as she wants to use her friend as a cushion (how many people would wish they were in her position, Kaguya wondered) and maybe engage in a playful banter, she rolled over to the side and calmly stands up, dusting herself off as she did so before asking a question that's been buzzing on her mind for the past few seconds now.

"Did any of you girls felt that tremor just now?"

Both her tone and expression indicates that it's a serious question.

The fact of the matter is, Kaguya is far from a clumsy girl; she had never, not even once, stumbled or slipped without any reason at all. Which is why she's quite confident that there was a tremor, no matter how small, which caused her to lose her balance a few moments ago, and she doesn't like it. If that's a prelude to an earthquake or something similar, they really shouldn't stay at the rooftops...

And then her eyes landed on the new student on the rooftop, and she smiled sweetly at him.

"How about you? Did you feel the tremor just now?"

Of course, the reason why she's asking him this with her best smile is to prevent him from leaving immediately to spread rumors around, especially if he saw what just happened.

While she doesn't really mind rumors (and Ludmilla won't care either, she thinks), Mary doesn't deserve to get lumped around with both of them, and the poor girl might have aneurysm if she heard herself included in the rumor mill about her and Ludmilla...
    Regalia Hijinks

<Erlkonig|Phone> Why get a gf, when Airen is your waifu?

<Airen|Phone> I'll save everyone, it's fine

<Snaxies> Airen is totally Jesus again

<frantic> I actually hate reading your post because you're so fucking anime

<Reiu> Regalia is a scary place desu...

<Mellon> He who lives by the oneshot, dies by the oneshot

Personal Compliments

<@RacingeR> Pally would be a perfect shoujo lead

<Erlkonig> I would fall for Pally if he was a qt shoujo manga lead girl

Quote Originally Posted by Airen
    Only pala is pure, the rest of ya are twisted

Quote Originally Posted by Cheetose
    I'm not sure if it's like this generally, but Pala seems to be very good at making naive and innocent, but also strangely bulliable characters.

Masaki Taichi
    Location: Zeus High School – 5th Floor (Swordsmanship Team Training Room)

It is tough, to say the least, to drive my attention away from the sword fight. For someone of non-Japanese descent like Izabella, one might as well go ahead and consider it an impossible task. In spite of her formidable effort, not even changing the topic to something I might be more familiar with is enough to distract me from what I am truly passionate about. That being said, because the girl is also part of the club that is a second home to me, I do at the very least acknowledge her presence and words with simple, short-lasted nod.

It's not until she announces who the victor of the match is going to be that her voice manages to gather a real part of my interest. Just how and when did that conclusion come to be? Before me, although I knew the possibility of Shinoko winning was not far-fetched, the only hints I can see in the fast paced battle reflected in my eyes all point out towards a different outcome. I am not an expert in swordsmanship like the rest of the people here, so giving my best in a match and offering advice to my underclassmen is pretty much all I can do. When it comes down to it, even those younger than me represent even more of a beast than I will ever be in the long term.

So when Shinoko claimed victory from the jaws of defeat, I was not really surprised at the result. I was relieved and proud that she managed to follow through my advice and break through the tempo that Rumiko had been manipulating since the beginning of the fight. But I was surprised that Izabella had managed to foretell how it all ended before it actually happened, before Shinoko's body moved to perform that forceful yet effective finisher.

"... Good job." I raised my fist high up in order to respond to Shinoko's cheers, the contagious nature of these twins not leaving me a choice but to draw a smile. "It was a great duel. You two have earned some rest. Make use of it because I can tell the next revenge match will be twice as intense."

Of course, that is it for today.

The two girls have been at it for quite some time already and it would be wrong to ask more of their bodies. For the rest of the time remaining, they should focus on stretching exercises to avoid any potential injuries.

Meanwhile...

Seeing as admitting that I might have been giving Izabella too little credit is not a viable option, instead I opt to politely ask her for an explanation, as she has earned to right to at least illustrate how experience most likely guided her towards the correct outcome.

"You, How did you reach the conclusion? That Shinoko would win, I mean. Are you familiar with Kinetic Kendo?"
    [18:30] RacingeR: Max S.Link with hero is when you promise your daughter to him
    [18:31] RacingeR: Which means Airen and me are the only ones that maxed it (I promised Spin to him, and Spin is my daughter)
    [18:32] hero: oh shit
    [18:32] hero: spincess get
    [18:32] hero: suck it fuckers

Xavier Augustus

“Ow, ow! Hey, my cranium is very valuable you know? I bet the part you hit is insured for thousands by itself!”
    “Well, at least you’ll get your money’s worth.” He fired back, not even glancing at the girl. Honestly, where is she even getting all this sass from? Is there some sort of infinite reservoir of drama that Cynthia found a way to tap into? Yet despite that, he can’t help but feel his mouth curve up into a small smile. Without her abrasiveness, she wouldn’t be Cynthia.

Shaking his head, he refocused back on the conversation with Willow. As he listened to her explain her thoughts on the choreography, he found himself getting pumped up. The girl’s enthusiasm was infectious. Xavier loved seeing the passion that others had for their art, and Willow had that in spades.

Quote Originally Posted by SnowSpartan View Post
    "If any of you want, I could prepare a sort of preliminary demonstration once it's more fleshed out?"
    “I’d love to see what you guys figure out. I’ll let you know when we finish cleaning up the music. Maybe I can even play the accompaniment and we can see what the finished product might look like.”

He hadn’t been this excited about a performance in a long time. His shows hadn’t been enjoyable for a while, and although he had liked playing for Cynthia, something about this felt different. Maybe it was Cynthia’s direct contribution and the emotion he felt from the music? Or maybe it was Willow’s contagious excitement? Either way, Xavier was ready to give his all.

Adelyn’s question helps bring him back to the present. He quickly made a mental note to thank her later. Standing there with bated breath, he watched Cynthia present her dance:

“Aah.” She floated.

“Eeeh.” She twirled.

What the fuck are we supposed to do with that?

As the room sat in shocked silence, an involuntary curse escaped his lips: “Cynthia you idiot!” he muttered just loud enough for the people in the room to hear.

Putting his head in his hands, he let out a long groan. Glancing at the other two showed that they felt the exact same way. As Cynthia protested against Adelyn’s observations, Xavier began to think using every bit of musical experience he had acquired.

Okay, clearly that won’t cut it. If that’s her best idea of choreography, then we’re in trouble. If it were just me playing, dancing wouldn’t even be a factor, but she’s an idol. Dancing is integral to the show. The problem is that I can’t help, and I don’t think Adelyn knows anything about choreography either.

Willow’s the only person here who has any idea about dance. She’s going to have to do everything, and there’s no way she’ll want to do that much work for a performance she’s not taking part in.

Just before he sank into despair, Willow shone through like an angel:

Quote Originally Posted by SnowSpartan View Post
    “Don’t you worry, Cynthia! I’ll help get your choreography up to the point where it’s worthy of sharing the stage with your song!”
    Willow, my friend, you have your work cut out for you.

With a sigh of relief, he turned towards the dancer: “Thanks Willow, we’ll be relying on you. If there’s anything at all I can do to make this process a little easier, just let me know. Especially if you're having problems capturing the emotional core of the song.

It didn’t feel right to leave everything to one person, but Xavier had faith that Willow could do it. She was almost like Shelia in how when she said she could get something done, you would believe her without a doubt.

“Alright,” he said, and turned to look at the agitated idol, “Do your best Cynthia! We’re gonna need it if you want to put on a performance that’ll wow the whole school.”

That should get her fired up. He thought while waiting for her reaction. Then he faced Adelyn with determination burning in his eyes. “Let’s get started Adelyn. We can’t afford to slack on our end either. Not when we have good music to work on.”

Blog Entries
    Neru Sune

Neru wasn’t used to having “good days” per se. Even he knew at time he occasionally veered to close to being yet another angsty teen, and that was a dark road. Still, he usually considered days to be on the better side if they were more tolerable rather then more intolerable.

But now…with an extremely rare win over a nemesis, the bright sun over head, a strange feeling of intermingled energy and optimism he usually associated with a really good dose…well, it was hard to think what could have made the day better!

…Then Neru got to the roof and learned the answer. Girls! Plural! Of course, girls made things better! Between the imagination inducing position and the way certain articles of closing approached visibility when horizontal and flailing around, well…

Neru might have suspected he was having a good dream except he had never had one of those in the first place. Ironically it was the very enjoyable nature of this unexpected event that convinced him this was reality.

However…since it was reality, things didn’t always occur perfectly the way that he might have wished. Neru didn’t have a good reputation. He, to put it mildly, wasn’t cool. He might have been a target for more overt bullying if he wasn’t so creepy, even Neru himself knew that. Talking to a couple of school idols that had seemed like they had seriously, if briefly, considered making out sounded like a fantasy come true.

But for the socially awkward, it led to a feeling of wanting to hide.

Answering the question raised some risks. The most concerning was Neru had occasionally felt strange things about and around the school. Point in fact, he didn’t really trust it. He had been brought here for assistance with his problem and to the faculty’s credit, he actually “had” gotten better, but he had gotten the idea his presence at the academy had little to do with charity.

Mostly, he mostly identified with a lab rat who had been one of the lucky ones on a promising study. At any rate, it wasn’t the first time he had felt something strange, but other students had looked at him oddly when he mentioned it. (Well, more oddly, at any rate).

Put another way, another way, until the slightly less distracting idol had said something, Neru had no idea anyone else had felt something. Even the related fall he had been about to write off as coincidence.

….By the way, she was less distracting because well…you know….bigger. Big was justice!

At any rate, lying about it didn’t seem smart or reasonable, but like any good introvert he inherently felt the need to make sure he didn’t give to much away.

It wasn’t ever fun being teased, but girls were really good at it when they wanted to be.

”Ah…well, actually, I thought I did feel something, but if I am being honest, until you said something I had figured it was my imagination.” Neru said, tiptoeing awkwardly closer. “I uh…hope no one is hurt? That looked like a nasty tumble.”

One Neru would have happily traded places with either participant in, but that was something even he knew didn’t need to be verbalized.
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Blog Entries
    Johnny Justice & Cyrus Ferdinand

“Hm.” Camila tilted her head slightly, giving Johnny a calculating look. Ashley remained her quiet, unsociable self, apparently content to have her girlfriend do the talking, idly shuffling the deck (once Cyrus had finished using it to make a point) meanwhile.

“Eh, sounds like fun but I ain’t all that sure about it, you know?” Camila said, shrugging. “I’m just here ‘cause I like to gamble sometimes, don’t read all that much into it~”

It sounds like a plain rejection, but it isn’t… quite that. Evidently, she’s not really planning to betray Zhong or join up with you… perhaps because she either isn’t sure of your strength, or considers your influence small. But you’ve known her and her girlfriend long enough, through many a break spent gambling, to know that she isn’t very loyal to Zhong either.

But that brought up the question of why these two were in the gang in the first place, and that was a question why no answer. They never really talked about themselves. They came from the same town and they were an item even before attending Zeus, and that was all you got when it came to their pasts.

“But hey, if you got something more concrete in mind, I don’t mind lending you an ear, or even a pair of fists~”

Okay, maybe that willingness to just fuck shit up that all members of Zhong’s crew shared explained why she belonged to that gang. Maybe.

Meanwhile, June looked somewhat bewildered at Cyrus, considering his words. She fell silent for a moment, looking at her hands.

“Hey! Sure, I haven’t won one yet, but nothing says I won’t win the next!” Joaquin piped up. “See, if they flow’s not with me, then I just gotta grab it and take it by force, right? Sure, I got no idea of how to do that, but…”

“How do you do it?” June interrupted Joaquin, ignoring his relatively inane rant. “I mean, feel the flow and all that?”

“Not that I believe that I’m all that lucky but…” She shrugged, in an apparent bad mood, not that her crankiness was all that unusual. “You’re the luck expert here, so if anything, you’d know.”

Interesting. She had quite the reaction to what Cyrus said. Almost as if the word ‘luck’ had acted as some sort of trigger.

“So, just how do you do it? If it is something that can be felt and used…”

Cyrus opened your mouth, perhaps to answer her query, when…

It was a small shake. That’s all. The room and its contents shook a bit, not even enough to make things fall over.

And yet.

The shoddy TV (that Cyrus had won in a small gamble two weeks after entering the school) resting on the table at the far side of the room turns on by itself, as if awakened by the small earthquake. The screen crackles on, but displays nothing but buzzing dots of black and white.

And produces the sound of static.

How strange, the remote is right there on that table, nobody turned it on…

Rika Griffin

There isn’t much of an answer to your teasing, mostly because the squabble fades away with the topic brought on by Bryanna. Both Lara and Elora draw close to you, somewhat concerned, but knowing you for long enough they more or less knew you wouldn’t have a bad reaction to it.

However, your answer does have one effect: leaving Bryanna with a small blush on her cheeks.

“Dunno what you’re talking about, ahaha.” She feigns ignorance, and then soldiers on with the same reporter’s bulldozer stubbornness of always. Even ignoring the cold stares a certain other two girls are giving her. “But you better give me the exclusive interview, if it turns out you’re actually related!” She smirked slightly, as if to indicate that she was just kidding.

You hoped she was kidding, at least.

“Anyway, I think that girl should be at-“

The ground shakes under your feet. It is a small shake, one that is over after what might’ve been two or three seconds, perhaps even less, but startling enough to cause everyone to shut up for a moment.

“W-what’s going on?” Marie asks, startled and grabbing onto her sister’s clothes.

“A small earthquake…” Lara shrugged. “That sure came out of nowhere.”

“Earthquakes do that, sometimes.” Elora replied dryly. There were startled sounds coming from some of the classrooms where classes hadn’t ended yet, but it didn’t sound like anyone was hurt.

“Oh, you girls are here. Lucky that I came across you.” A male voice suddenly says, and a tired-looking boy ascends from the nearby stairwell.

“Man, that shake nearly made me get an express trip to the infirmary. Almost fell on the stairs.” Henry Cornell, a member of the student council, complained sleepily as he approached.

“Anyway, you girls should probably know Cecily Ridley grabbed your friend Jane and dragged her off somewhere, I think to the Tree Garden. Thought you girls would like to know about that.” He said, stifling a yawn. “Would do something about it myself, but, council business and all. Damn, Alex and Roz sure are slave drivers…” He groaned.
    Last edited by RacingeR; February 21st, 2022 at 05:04 AM.

quotes

Kaguya

Quote Originally Posted by Male Student
    ”Ah…well, actually, I thought I did feel something, but if I am being honest, until you said something I had figured it was my imagination.” Neru said, tiptoeing awkwardly closer. “I uh…hope no one is hurt? That looked like a nasty tumble.”
    "I can assure you that it is not your imagination, because I'm not a clumsy girl who randomly stumbles and falls with no reason at all." Kaguya replied confidently while flipping her hair, the smile still present on her face. The boy is tiptoeing closer to them, away from the door, which is good, and his reaction seems to be that of a common male student who stumbles on a scene like this, if his shy demeanor and hesitant steps were of any indication. "And thankfully neither Ludmilla nor I was hurt from the fall if her joking about it was of any indication, but thanks for the concern."

She can work with this.

Walking closer to the relatively small and skinny boy, Kaguya proceeds to lean down slightly and whisper to his ears.

"I'd appreciate it if you don't tell what you see to your friends." She paused for a second. "Or well, even if you do, at least leave the poor church girl out of it, hm? She doesn't need the stress from that, I'm sure you understand." She finished with a smile.
    Regalia Hijinks

Personal Compliments

I'm not sure if it's like this generally, but Pala seems to be very good at making naive and innocent, but also strangely bulliable characters.

Blog Entries
    Neru Sune

Close.

Close. To close. To close!

Neru had to consciously prevent himself from taking a reflexive step back. Girls were scary. Well, that was true but…

There was something that caught his ear through the anxiety. That tremor hadn’t (apparently?) been something he himself and he alone felt. Offhand, he couldn’t remember any other events like it where what he experienced appeared to be something anyone else had dealt with.

It made him think of the strange…well, calling it a voice wasn’t right, but something he had been hearing. Maybe Kaguya had heard it as well?

…Yes he knew her name. School idols were something geeks paid attention to, though he was keeping that to himself.

However…he couldn’t bring himself to ask “hey, I’m hearing weird disembodied voices, can you?” As that was the kind of question that tended to make people look at him funny. Still, hope for some kind outside validation that he wasn’t just crazy made him say,

“Well, there is nothing to worry about. A couple of girls tripped isn’t much of a story to tell, even if I had someone to tell it to in the first place. But…uh…” Neru cleared his throat awkwardly. “You uh…any of you ever feel something like that before? Something like that tremor, I mean.”

Kaguya

Quote Originally Posted by Male Student
    “Well, there is nothing to worry about. A couple of girls tripped isn’t much of a story to tell, even if I had someone to tell it to in the first place. But…uh…” Neru cleared his throat awkwardly. “You uh…any of you ever feel something like that before? Something like that tremor, I mean.”
    Ah, so he doesn't have any friends. Kaguya almost pities him, but she doesn't know anything about the boy, so she'd refrain from judging. Mary should be thankful though, at least no strange rumors will start from this incident, so in her place Kaguya gives a nod to thank him.

But more importantly...

"Something like the tremor?" For the first time since she speaks with the boy, Kaguya's smile finally vanishes. It's a strange question to be asked for sure; the first thing that crossed her mind is that he's asking if any of them has ever experienced earthquakes, but the wording is off. Why did he started off being vague before clarifying that he's referring to the tremor?

How curious... but then again she might be overthinking things.

"That's the first time I experienced something like that." She finally answered as she turned back to face Mary and Ludmilla, the volume of her voice back to normal. "And well, you girls heard him: he felt it too. I've read that earthquakes can occur multiple times, so we should probably make ourselves scarce from the roof just to be safe." She paused to look at each person in the eyes. "Unless anyone has a better advice or idea, of course."
    Regalia Hijinks

Personal Compliments

The Time-Governing Twelve Covenants Airen's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Rika Griffin

“Anyway, you girls should probably know Cecily Ridley grabbed your friend Jane and dragged her off somewhere, I think to the Tree Garden. Thought you girls would like to know about that.” He said, stifling a yawn. “Would do something about it myself, but, council business and all. Damn, Alex and Roz sure are slave drivers…”
    "...You're joking..."

---Words that bring the happier atmosphere of the girl to a swift and sudden stop. The earthquake itself had stopped her in her tracks of course, cutting short her plans to continue teasing and flirting with a reporter that normally doesn't open herself up this much to these sorts of things, but...

"Cecily...!"

...Some things are bound to catch her attention in a way that can't be undone, and the idea, the mere implication that a certain junior of hers had been dragged away again while she wasn't paying attention...

Was one of them.

"Why won't they leave her alone-!?"

She starts off.

Not at a run, but at a determined walk, eyes scanning the world around her as she goes in case a certain girl-who-is-about-to-get-her-ass-kicked is a bit closer than the boy's words were letting on...

Of course, the answer to her question... Is a bit obvious.

Jane doesn't stand up herself, she just lets people bully her when it comes down to it.

Even she can recognize that, but...

---It didn't really change anything.

Jane was her friend, so...

If she had to beat up a few people to keep her safe, so be it.
    Last edited by Airen; February 23rd, 2022 at 01:08 PM.
    Exodus (Complete)

Even if the author is silenced, the performance is stilled and the actors leave the stage, the story will never truly end.

Regardless of the form it takes, as long as there are memories of it's existence, the story will continue on.

In a small ward in the heart of a once devastated town, life carries on as it always has...

Because of you.

Please, remember it warmly.

We'll continue to walk down this path for eternity.

Mugen No Sekai

"The Illusion Incomplete Memories Produce Are,

Fleeting, Disappearing into the Future,

Until the Ruins of Yesterday Overflow,

For That Which Falls Only to Rise is Simply a--"

Ishmael Freeman

“Yes, yes I know you’re useless. And yet I have no other option but to deal with you. If I’m stuck with you as manager then you better carry your weight, you ass.”
    “Naturally ~. When have I ever failed, they call me the unstoppable no energy manager for a reason you know, everyone dumped everything on me for a reason heh. ” Monotony and repetition, the poison and lethargy of endless paper, its quite comforting and… well maybe I have some pride in my capabilities left after all? Who knows?

Looks like she’s starting calming down now, how nice stress is bad for the skin Myr. Although maybe It would be best to give her another shot? Yeah, let’s go with that. Balancing my feet on the edge of the chair and resting my head on my knees I raising my hands to I waggle my fingers and channel my energy.

~~~ chiiiill viiiibes ~~~~ wuwuwuwuwuwuwuw relaxation waaaaves wuwuwuwuwuwuw ~~~~

Glancing over I realize that a fair of familiar faces sits next to an unfamiliar one. The twins are here with someone, no idea who but, but… looks like a weirdo, or trouble. Better just let them be, if the twins needed help with something they’d just ask me. Not like medical is my forte, our beautiful nurse no doubt has the situation under control. That girl kinda gives the impress she’d fall over and pass out if you so much look away for a second, or that maybe she just fell down some stairs? Well whatever bet she popular with all the hero types in this place.

Alright, you’re back again, and things are coming into focus. There’s Mila’s face, peering at you. The nurse was always a nice sight alright. Yep, the dizziness is subsiding. You have to struggle against the nausea for a moment, but you manage to not throw up. Very manly. You’re sure someone up there in heaven is impressed at your heroic struggle.

“Seems to be recovering just fine. What do you think, Ms. Zegers? I probably should keep him under observation for a bit, but I think he’ll be fine now.” The nurse said, turning to speak with your blue-haired friend. Enemy? Frenemy? Whatever. “Mr. Freeman always exhibited a notorious recovery speed… otherwise Ms. Liu’s tender attentions would’ve done him in for good long ago.”
    “Wha? Wait no I mean yea, I’m paying attention don’t worry I got this!” Well, whatever ‘this’ is.

“Oh, come on. This couldn’t have happened at a worse time.” Now she was holding her head with both hands and looked ready to commit murder. “We have to get all that paperwork ready for that prissy little b- I mean, for Lovell to review. I need his ass there on the club dealing with it!”
    “Ah, is it time to wrestle with the cutie dragon maiden again?”

Uh, wait a second…

“Didn’t I already compile and sort everything we needed? On the swim office desk, yellow stickies folded into shapes with red marker on the front? Uuuuuh left hand side I thiiink? I..”

I, well now I’m a little worried I felt like it was all calming down and I’d be fine but now, now I’m a little worried it was somewhat worse than I originally thought.

I swear I gathered up a bunch of stuff for the upcoming one.

Here’s hoping Myr missed it or this is a bit of a ‘aaaa’ moment.

“Doooon’t worry Myr it’ll be fiiiiine, Ro isn’t so bad and the amount of work you have to do isn’t that high since, well hush hush since this is the secret, Ro has already decided everything by the time you meet her so you don’t actually need to worry about a lot of the stuff since she won’t change her mind. Just gotta pull out the little parts to stretch.”

Just breathe, the world isn’t ended after all. Something for both of us I suppose.