4 9.76%
  • Galahad

1 2.44%
  • Bedivere

9 21.95%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Favorite Knight of the Round Table

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Several of them only accepted in order to try and fight her, so that's debatable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Besides, it's a much better way to "save" humanity from the Alien God than Goetia's plan so I'm sure he'd side with her nowadays.

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    I vote Lancelot but it's actually a close competition between The Saber, Lancelot, and Kay. I actually liked Saber more as a character, it just Lancelot is my favorite as a Round Table.

Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable
    It's one thing to do that, but it's another thing to say that you should have never defeated Goetia because now worse shit is going to happen.
    That was not actually said. What he did was explain the chain of causality in Chaldea's actions, in a remarkably unattached and objective manner. There's not even any inflection in Shun Horie's voice, it's barely above a whisper. Some might even say uncaring, if not for the fact that it could be his trying to spare you a useless journey, in his manner. "This is the state the Earth will reach one year from now, after your breaching of the Incineration of Human Order". That doesn't even imply it was wrong to have defeated Goetia, it's just a statement of fact, which is why it's preceded by: "your fate is fixed". The point he's trying to make is that Chaldea unwittingly lost anyways after defeating Goetia. It's just an explanation of Ritsuka's situation. What he is saying is that their efforts to defeat Goetia were ultimately futile, because now, one year later, regardless, there's "no more humanity to protect". Fujimaru's going to be basically wasting his time in the Lostbelts. Which is pretty much the same thing Olga and Man of Chaldea have been repeating too. Clearly based on privileged information we don't yet understand.

Notice that I'm not even saying Galahad's not a mean ass dude, on the contrary. He's so unfeeling that even Merlin, of all people, thinks he's coldhearted or heartless, maybe even cruel. Galahad recites the end of human history to you and the futility of your journey with all the emotion of reading the groceries list. He won't lift a finger to help humanity because he doesn't believe humanity needs his help, or that he should help them. You see, for him to blame Chaldea for humanity's downfall would require he genuinely give a shit about the latter. He most likely only helped Mashu out of finding her goodwill (and Ritsuka's) towards others admirable and to save her life, as Mashu hypothesizes in Camelot. In all likelihood, he's never once been interested in helping Chaldea save mankind. Once more, in all likelihood, he was only ever interested in helping Mashu save herself. And despite that, sustaining her for years on end without a single complaint, he never cared to interact with her. Guy's not "nice" by any stretch of the word. Yet he's not saying what you claim he is either, not at all. Repeating this frankly misguided quoting of Lostroom misses the point. It's essentially complaining about his robotic disposition not giving Chaldea a pat on the back and a "good job", because he sure as heck didn't say anything about how you should have let Goetia win, or that the bleaching is Chaldea's fault and blame.

This frigid approach isn't unexpected or even surprising, with how Nasu intends to portray him. He's not an iota different from how he was in life. This is, in-fact, exactly as Merlin describes him. Hilariously enough, in his own way, he's trying to save Fujimaru some pain. He just doesn't really do human emotions, like at all. So if you're gonna dislike him, that's a far better reason than, with all due respect, putting words in his mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable
    I thought one of his comrades said that Galahad was too foolish to feel fear in life? That doesn't sound like the grump we've met.
    You're remembering Saber Alter saying that Galahad enjoys "the dance of death" and would relish the fear of death with a smile.

Blog Entries
    Tristan because he got the coolest design and it's not even close.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    My strongest impression of Galahad is him attempting to punch Marisbilly's face in and only relenting when Matt got him to stop.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nafaalilargus View Post
    That was not actually said. What he did was explain the chain of causality in Chaldea's actions, in a remarkably unattached and objective manner. There's not even any inflection in Shun Horie's voice, it's barely above a whisper. Some might even say uncaring, if not for the fact that it could be his trying to spare you a useless journey, in his manner. "This is the state the Earth will reach one year from now, after your breaching of the Incineration of Human Order". That doesn't even imply it was wrong to have defeated Goetia, it's just a statement of fact, which is why it's preceded by: "your fate is fixed". The point he's trying to make is that Chaldea unwittingly lost anyways after defeating Goetia. It's just an explanation of Ritsuka's situation. What he is saying is that their efforts to defeat Goetia were ultimately futile, because now, one year later, regardless, there's "no more humanity to protect". Fujimaru's going to be basically wasting his time in the Lostbelts. Which is pretty much the same thing Olga and Man of Chaldea have been repeating too. Clearly based on privileged information we don't yet understand.

Notice that I'm not even saying Galahad's not a mean ass dude, on the contrary. He's so unfeeling that even Merlin, of all people, thinks he's coldhearted or heartless, maybe even cruel. Galahad recites the end of human history to you and the futility of your journey with all the emotion of reading the groceries list. He won't lift a finger to help humanity because he doesn't believe humanity needs his help, or that he should help them. You see, for him to blame Chaldea for humanity's downfall would require he genuinely give a shit about the latter. He most likely only helped Mashu out of finding her goodwill (and Ritsuka's) towards others admirable and to save her life, as Mashu hypothesizes in Camelot. In all likelihood, he's never once been interested in helping Chaldea save mankind. Once more, in all likelihood, he was only ever interested in helping Mashu save herself. And despite that, sustaining her for years on end without a single complaint, he never cared to interact with her. Guy's not "nice" by any stretch of the word. Yet he's not saying what you claim he is either, not at all. Repeating this frankly misguided quoting of Lostroom misses the point. It's essentially complaining about his robotic disposition not giving Chaldea a pat on the back and a "good job", because he sure as heck didn't say anything about how you should have let Goetia win, or that the bleaching is Chaldea's fault and blame.

This frigid approach isn't unexpected or even surprising, with how Nasu intends to portray him. He's not an iota different from how he was in life. This is, in-fact, exactly as Merlin describes him. Hilariously enough, in his own way, he's trying to save Fujimaru some pain. He just doesn't really do human emotions, like at all. So if you're gonna dislike him, that's a far better reason than, with all due respect, putting words in his mouth.

You're remembering Saber Alter saying that Galahad enjoys "the dance of death" and would relish the fear of death with a smile.
    Ok, I submit to all that, and now change my reasons for disliking him, mostly. He is obviously a jerkface, and he still puts the bleaching as a consequence of Fujimaru's actions, which is half-true at best.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

Blog Entries
    I envy that level of apathy and confidence.
    Call me 想φαγω.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooncake View Post
    I get this vague feeling from your posts that you're looking down on people who don't share your view, which is what it is, but at least take a moment to snort some common sense between those hits of pretension.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    My opinion is better than your opinion, so it isn't up for debate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun
    Telling us that you're rich is not going to make anyone stop laughing at you for believing in self-insert NTR.
    Quote Originally Posted by ResidentSeagull View Post
    You seriously underestimate the human potential for wanting to fuck stuff, my dude.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan
    Welcome to BL, new user. Don't forget to fate/stay mad

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    Several of them only accepted in order to try and fight her, so that's debatable.
    No?
    They were summoned and than they were told about the plan

Camelot Zero translated by McJohn

The Lion King arrives in the singularity and summons the Knights of the Round Table.

All but two of the Knights responded to the summons, and were informed of the world's collapse, and how in half a year's time all would be reduced to nothing by the King of Magic. And, the Lion King told them about the "means of salvation by the holy lance," their best hope of counteracting it.
    Section 15 The God King Ozymandias (2/3)
    Lancelot:
    That I don't know. At the time we were summoned, the king was already in that form.

Like how would they know about the Lion king plan before being summoned? If they don't even know why the lion king exist in the first place. Also it's kinda implied that Galahad didn't respond to those summons because he was in Mash.

Section 7 Mordred the raider knight
    Mordred
    I was wondering why you didn't respond to Father's summons. What the hell are you doing here!?

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    My heart says I should vote Bedivere cause I just finished the Camelot movie and was forcefully reminded how much I loved him, but a part of me wants to vote Tristan because he's inhumanly funny

I mean...

Spoiler:

But I guess is Arthur Prototype.