Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Koyanskaya's Lore and Story

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Alexcoene's Avatar
    I think it's better to know the game's story before you speculate.
    Last edited by Alexcoene; January 3rd, 2022 at 08:03 PM.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Herod View Post
    Uh, why with Nero it was done better? At least Koyanskaya has some explanation, Nero is a Saberface without any explanation at all.
    Nero has a character that isn't built around her being a Saberface, Koya doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by pinetree View Post
    @Trubo
    If you think Suzuka was irrelevant then I don't think you've been paying much attention to Foxtail, and she's just as much of a new character as Kazuradrop. No point in duscissing this though, since the way you just dodged my argument completely shows you're more interested in wallowing in self-pity over Tamamo losing the imaginary war against Nero.
    Suzuka was irrelevant to a manga that's supposed to be about CCC because she didn't exist before Fox Tail or have any relation to any established, now and then, TM Tamamo lore whatsoever. Kazuradrop, Kingprotea, and Violet were hinted at in CCC materials, and the story could have easily been written to change little about the cast while still factoring in those three without having to introduce brand new characters. With regards to the Sakura Five stuff, it at least did an okay job with those three specific ones, but killing off Lip and Melt is something I still don't agree with since they were perfectly fine with returning Master/Servant pairs. Fuck off with your "wallowing in self-pity" comment when you're ignoring that CCC had easily used material to reference but the author decided to say "fuck it" and explore things nobody was ever interested in all with his own self-insert to boot.

They're been scarred by Extella and have been obsessed ever since.
    Not even Extella. Nero has gotten far more relevance in GO despite how little Rome really mattered to the story while Tamamo has far more relevance to Sakurai's Heian obsession while having practically no appearances related to said relevance. I didn't mind Nero's appearance as a proxy for Aphrodite in Akihabara event since it wasn't Nero wank for the sake of Nero wank. For characters whose stories were well finished in Extra, it's really annoying to see Nero hog the limelight while Tamamo gets treated like Ciel and Sakura, at least until Tsukihime Remake and HF movies came out. Either go with some new characters or stop hyper-focusing on one over the other.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    Then I will ask that you pay closer attention
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    So if I'm reading this right DP is saying that the feature almost everybody hates that is bad and makes the forum objectively worse will never go away because that would negatively impact another feature that nobody has ever used and most likely never will use just in case someday, someone wants to use it. Is that right?
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    It's like if someone told me "make me a milkshake" and i was blind and they gave me the ingredients and I made a milkshake because milkshakes are good, but it turns out that milkshake was a bomb.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    you're ignoring that CCC had easily used material to reference but the author decided to say "fuck it" and explore things nobody was ever interested in all with his own self-insert to boot.
    Seems to me like you went into the manga with a ton of expectations about what story it should tell and refused to let them go the moment they introduced new characters and KILLED KIARA.
    The manga is not just a retread of CCC with added Materials content. Sure, the story could have been written with no changes to the cast but there were changes to the cast. Insisting the additions are irrelevant when they obviously are and have been for the majority of the series is not a valid criticism.

Not even Extella. Nero has gotten far more relevance in GO
    Yeah, all that great Nero content in FGO. I'm really jealous Tamamo isn't getting the Septem/Arcade treatment. We Tamamofans are really missing out.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors AAM1232's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Overall, Koya's lore and character arc is fine to me? Not particularly innovative in hindsight and using samefaces is a TM tradition but she wasn't badly written like Septem Nero or barely written like Heian Ibuki. She got her stuff resolved like Douman, end of story.

JP Friend Code
    This whole thread is proof of what I've been saying, that the decision to use Tamamo as the bait for Koyan is what ended up being what people focus on her now, and that is my biggest annoyance. Everywhere I go it's either "Tamamoface is good decision" or "Fuck the stupidity", barely any discussion about the other concepts her characters have, because the mixed reactions overshadowed all that. Nothing about how she mentioned in the event that she saw the 7th singularity and her gun mobs were being compared to the Lahmus, meaning she might have taken certain inspirations from Tiamat, even had the "big" Children mobs like her, the wish to have children (imagine if she decided to model after Tiamat and was a Tiamatface instead, just random thought that I had). Barely any discussion about Beast positions having keywords to select their candidates from the new info, or how the whole bait can also be Nasu trying to give implications regarding VII's true nature from its taking Olga's appearance just like he did with using Kingu to hint about Goetia...etc.

The general idea and concept were fine, the story and the event were all pretty solid, but the execution and reasoning for the Tamamo-face was weak and mostly for marketing purpose. This kinda reminds me of how MHY using same-face tactic of certain popular characters across their games (i.e Raiden Mei in Honkai -> Raiden Shogun in Genshin, or Yae Sakura -> Yae Miko) for marketing and it worked, it even got some people thinking they're the same characters, but the result is just them having similar designs and barely any similarities in their personalities and abilities. And yet I liked it more than what is being done here, because it stopped at being just a similarity in appearance (part of why while I did not like the Nero being Saberface bait in Extra, I was not bothered by it). Had it stopped at "Koyan is a Tamamoface and that's it, no more explanation given on why", I doubt the overall reactions would be this extreme.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pinetree View Post
    Seems to me like you went into the manga with a ton of expectations about what story it should tell and refused to let them go the moment they introduced new characters and KILLED KIARA.
    The manga is not just a retread of CCC with added Materials content. Sure, the story could have been written with no changes to the cast but there were changes to the cast. Insisting the additions are irrelevant when they obviously are and have been for the majority of the series is not a valid criticism.
    It was obvious from the start that we weren't getting a 1:1 retelling of CCC when Kingprotea showed up in Chapter 1, what's your point? My complaint about Fox Tail has nothing to do with it being a divergent CCC, it's that the titular character got usurped from her own fucking story for 2 years to focus on the author's OC do not steal self-insert and Suzuka, all while doing absolutely nothing to expand on any Extra, CCC, or just about any TM lore in general.

Yeah, all that great Nero content in FGO. I'm really jealous Tamamo isn't getting the Septem/Arcade treatment. We Tamamofans are really missing out.
    Did I say anywhere that I liked Nero's stuff in FGO that much? No, just pointed out that Nero is a bigger deal in FGO than Tamamo despite one of the authors being a huge Heian-era fan while nobody really cares about Rome beyond memes, but even that isn't enough to get Tamamo any limelight outside of event jokes.
    So if I'm reading this right DP is saying that the feature almost everybody hates that is bad and makes the forum objectively worse will never go away because that would negatively impact another feature that nobody has ever used and most likely never will use just in case someday, someone wants to use it. Is that right?
    It's like if someone told me "make me a milkshake" and i was blind and they gave me the ingredients and I made a milkshake because milkshakes are good, but it turns out that milkshake was a bomb.

Eyo, this person posted to r/grandorder as well and the post shortly got sitewide spam-removed and banned by the Admins. We've only ever got Daybit successfully marked by the Admins to autonomously take care of him when he makes alts, so this is likely him.
    • /r/grandorder Mod. Feel free to contact for any issues or questions.
    • Creating the ultimate TM content archive. Still WIP.
      https://tri-hermes.org/

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BlameLib View Post
    Eyo, this person posted to r/grandorder as well and the post shortly got sitewide spam-removed and banned by the Admins. We've only ever got Daybit successfully marked by the Admins to autonomously take care of him when he makes alts, so this is likely him.
    Lmao,

Lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Considering how this guy haunts every outlet of English F/GO-related discussion platforms (despite numerous bans and finding about 0 reception for his bizarre opinions), I have to commend his dedication to the arts.
    Last edited by Petrikow; January 3rd, 2022 at 11:49 PM.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Nanaya's Avatar
    His persistence in the face of absolute rejection is admirable.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    He makes 4chan threads 90% more unbearable than they already are so I wish he'd give up honestly

It's easy to tell its him based on his language however, very specific phrasings and way of writing.

My thoughts on the foxtail manga, the flashback was too long AND/or it should've alternated between tamamo and suzuka, the flashback we got with tamamo hasn't revealed any new lore though it was cute at the end.

My issue is this just once again makes me think nasu wants to drag out tamamo/daji things for yet another decade.

The flashback itself was fine but Kazu has absolute negative charisma. I know it's for the sake of parallels but I'd rather they went for any other relationship between Suzuka and him than romantic because she's doing all the heavy lifting

The fact that your ping ponging between Reddit, here and I'm sure 4chan always ready to make a new alt and you've been doing this for at least 2 years, do you even have a life?

Bruh

Mooooooooods, he's baaaaaack

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus24 View Post
    Dude i dont know how that fuck are you talking about, but in fact you are trying to evade all the fucking points a made just give the reason, nero fans always gonna be a fucking cancer jesus
    What makes you say that?

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Alexcoene's Avatar
    Imagine being shocked by the sight of a literal courtesan flirting with men.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lily Emilio View Post
    This whole thread is proof of what I've been saying, that the decision to use Tamamo as the bait for Koyan is what ended up being what people focus on her now, and that is my biggest annoyance. Everywhere I go it's either "Tamamoface is good decision" or "Fuck the stupidity", barely any discussion about the other concepts her characters have, because the mixed reactions overshadowed all that. Nothing about how she mentioned in the event that she saw the 7th singularity and her gun mobs were being compared to the Lahmus, meaning she might have taken certain inspirations from Tiamat, even had the "big" Children mobs like her, the wish to have children (imagine if she decided to model after Tiamat and was a Tiamatface instead, just random thought that I had). Barely any discussion about Beast positions having keywords to select their candidates from the new info, or how the whole bait can also be Nasu trying to give implications regarding VII's true nature from its taking Olga's appearance just like he did with using Kingu to hint about Goetia...etc.

The general idea and concept were fine, the story and the event were all pretty solid, but the execution and reasoning for the Tamamo-face was weak and mostly for marketing purpose. This kinda reminds me of how MHY using same-face tactic of certain popular characters across their games (i.e Raiden Mei in Honkai -> Raiden Shogun in Genshin, or Yae Sakura -> Yae Miko) for marketing and it worked, it even got some people thinking they're the same characters, but the result is just them having similar designs and barely any similarities in their personalities and abilities. And yet I liked it more than what is being done here, because it stopped at being just a similarity in appearance (part of why while I did not like the Nero being Saberface bait in Extra, I was not bothered by it). Had it stopped at "Koyan is a Tamamoface and that's it, no more explanation given on why", I doubt the overall reactions would be this extreme.
    Honestly, if Koya's origin was more The Ugly Duckling-like, all the Tamamo-ness could have been easily explained away and it wouldn't need an Amaterasu blessing shoehorned in. The ticks that made everyone think something is off about Koya in story would be explained by her larping, maybe throw in a reference to how she had access to Divine Spirit Throne or whatever to get as much info about Konjiki/Amaterasu/Tamamo/Daiji/etc.

I always found it funny how some people were traumatized by the Suzuka flashback arc in Foxtail. Come on guys, the manga moved on by now, it won't haunt your boners anymore, so move on too. And yeah, it was too long and clumsy, but it was necessary in order to understand Suzuka and Kazu's perspective.

My issue is this just once again makes me think nasu wants to drag out tamamo/daji things for yet another decade.
    This. The Daji/Tamamo connection has always been hinted at since the very beginning (and especially in recent times), but it has never been explained to this day. Nasu just throws setups after setups but has yet to provide any payoffs.

The easy way out would be to come out and say what everyone probably believes at this point; Daji is a bunrei/avatar of Amaterasu like Tamamo herself. After all, there's not really another way since Tamamo's backstory establishes her as a bunrei of her own, so she can't be the same literal fox that's been going through Asia like in the IRL legend (iirc Hokusai's fanfic reinterpretation of Tamamo's legend). But I doubt Nasu is struggling to fit Daji in the Tamamo lore he made up, so he's just holding back the reveal for some elusive Nasu reason.
    Last edited by AleisterSwole; January 4th, 2022 at 10:52 AM.

I do wonder if he does wanna do daji=tamamo but knows how pissed off people will be, Like outside of waifuism it would shoot her extra arc in the foot writing wise.

And honestly the tunguska elements could have been reworked, Like for example you could make her a tail or daji and then utilizes that area and those elements for her own uses.

Like the light-dark vitch thing feels like two different story ideas that they cant easily reconcile, the whole tunguska=mistaken for gun is such a weak justification for her liking of guns/gun association, fucking daji LOVED torture and torture machinary and inventing such things, thats a far easier link.

Hell the whole animal part feels somewhat tacked on, then you got the whole thing where Its hard to see any continuim of design between her partial beast form in olympus and her lost beast form, even if the latter isnt 'correct' it doesnt really have any of the elements of 5.5 to the point where it feels like two entirely different beings.