Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Koyanskaya's Lore and Story

Koyanskaya's Lore and Story

The real question though, why do Nasu has such strong prejudice against Tamamo?

First, Koyanskaya isn't a Tamamo (despite being named as Tamamo Vitch, referencing Tamamo in NP and being exact copy of existing Vitch's concept, up until Tamamo no Mae saying that Vitch is "beautiful and talented secretary"). It's after her calling herself a Tamamo from another world in profile, which was a lie for no reason.

She is not just "not a Tamamo", but also is a nature spirit (elemental) who has no name ("she failed to acquire a name as a Beast, therefore her name is Beast IV: Lost" in the Beast's profile). So, Tamamo Vitch, Koyanskaya, it's all are fake names. HOWEVER, in the origin story it is mentioned she was blessed by Amaterasu, so just why is she not Tamamo?

Second, the weird ascensions of playable Vitch instead of constumes. The 1st ascension of Light, what is even that? The second one of both Koyanskayas are clown/playboy cosplay. The third ones are only reedemable being reference to Amaterasu in a sense.

Third, the weird Taigong Wang shipping for no reason. In the original story, Taigong was a man who was loyal to the Emperor, and when Daji ruined his dynasty, he went to actually defeat Daji. Not to mention, he had two wives. In FGO, he is obsessed with Daji and Tamamos thought they should be his enemies. And Koyanskaya should not even know him if she's not Daji, except she for some reason does.

Fourth, foreshadowing? What is that? Why did Koyanskaya said that Holmes is her Nemesis? Why did she refuse to name Holmes' class in Olympus? What was her deal with Daybit? Nothing being answered, instead please have Fabro Rowan dude who looks like Nrvnsqr (removed from Tsukihime) for no reason and Sion doing 4th wall jokes in main story.

I am rather happy that LB7 is going to be last story by Nasu, and hope that Part 3 would be written by Higashide, Sakurai and Meteo (since LB7 is announced to end on 7th anniversary and the game would continue until 10th at least, I hope Nasu would keep his promise and leave).

Quote Originally Posted by Uskandaar View Post

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Weak bait.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Tamamo's story was already neatly concluded in Extra and the unnatural attempt to extend it in Extella was... not nice.

Someone tell DW, I mean lasagna to release some new event already, the trolls be bored

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Nanashi(kari)'s Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    I don't know how to explain it in words but this line gives me strong Daybit vibes.
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    My opinion is better than your opinion, so it isn't up for debate. Much like Daybit, I am simply correct, and that is the end of the discussion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gosserbam View Post
    I am not a shitposter at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Petrikow View Post
    Impressive argument.

Mine, however, is superior: you are dumb.
    Quote Originally Posted by chevkraken View Post
    And you want to be taken seriously?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubergeneral View Post
    The planet is on fire.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirishima View Post
    GOT DICK? ANY PENIS? COCK DONATIONS?

I don't get the purpose of OP at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Nanashi(kari) View Post
    I don't know how to explain it in words but this line gives me strong Daybit vibes.
    Daybit was funnier. This can't compare to feeling cucked by Primate Murder or whatever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    Tamamo's story was already neatly concluded in Extra and the unnatural attempt to extend it in Extella was... not nice.
    Except Nero's story was also concluded in Extra and FGO got Nero Bride/Summer mandated by Nasu himself. He even wrote a blog post.
    Now Tamamo.. Koyanskaya was teased as FGO Tamamo Vitch for 3 years or so and then they decided to ruin her on her very chapter.

Now when I think about it other Extra main servants also got nice FGO versions, Caster Gil for Girugameshu and Muramasa for Emiya.
    Except Tamamo for some reason.

JP Friend Code
    I guess Cat and Tamamo Summer don't count now?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Tamamo Cat/Summer was also mandated by Nasu himself.

Except Nero's story was also concluded in Extra and FGO got Nero Bride/Summer mandated by Nasu himself. He even wrote a blog post.
    Now Tamamo.. Koyanskaya was teased as FGO Tamamo Vitch for 3 years or so and then they decided to ruin her on her very chapter.

Now when I think about it other Extra main servants also got nice FGO versions, Caster Gil for Girugameshu and Muramasa for Emiya.
    Except Tamamo for some reason.
    I mean Gil and Nameless were characters from FSN i.e. OG Characters so they will of course get things and as for Nero, she is the first Saberface so she will obviously get attention. I was also sad with Vitch's chapter but hey at least her ending was done really well!

Quote Originally Posted by NeroFan View Post
    I mean Gil and Nameless were characters from FSN i.e. OG Characters so they will of course get things and as for Nero, she is the first Saberface so she will obviously get attention. I was also sad with Vitch's chapter but hey at least her ending was done really well!
    What did you like about the ending?
    Her not being Tamamo was rather weird after mention of Amaterasu's blessing in her backstory.
    Shipping with Wang made no sense when it was established she is not Daji and not related to her.
    Nothing about Holmes being her nemesis. If she's goddess of animals, why would she think that Holmes is main enemy? He's not a hunter and never interacted with animals much IIRC.

The only thing that I've liked is that Vitch kept some of Lostbelt's inhabitants inside of Reality Marble so they weren't actually lost.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Alexcoene's Avatar
    HOWEVER, in the origin story it is mentioned she was blessed by Amaterasu, so just why is she not Tamamo?
    Damn, I didn't know being blessed by a goddess means you're her. Odysseus is Athena, guys!

Wings of the Sunlit Sky Hermitfold's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nanashi(kari) View Post
    Thought the same thing.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Ubergeneral's Avatar

He's right. Consider the following.

1. Fate extra is a Nero wank. Tamamo isn't even on the cover.

2. The manga has Nero not Tamamo. Fate Extella, has a Nero route and a Tamamo route but in the final act she is benched for Nero.

3. In fate/extra last encore, it's mentioned that Tamamo was one of Nero's opponents but was killed off screen. Like seriously can't you do anything with her?

4. Even beast Nero has a better deal. It least the Whore of Babylon is an actual beast. Tamamo Vich is not Tamamo, or even a beast.

If you were a fan of Tamamo I would feel betrayed too. It feels like Nasu has teased the fandom and then has intentionally put Nero over Tamamo over and over again, and this most recent event feels like a bait and switch where he promises a new Tamamo and the at the last second is like "Nope LOL". Having Nero is arcade at the same time is just salt in the wound.
    Last edited by Ubergeneral; January 3rd, 2022 at 04:24 PM.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexcoene View Post
    Damn, I didn't know being blessed by a goddess means you're her. Odysseus is Athena, guys!
    At first I thought that that would make him more interesting, but she'd just be the AI for his shitty Iron Man suit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Alexcoene's Avatar
    If you were a fan of Tamamo I would feel betrayed too.
    Oddly personal accusation, or freudian slip? You decide! Also, how was there any 'baiting' if Nero was billed at the main girl from the beggining, according to your logic.

All you made me consider is whether or not this thread should be renamed to 'Why isn't my waifu getting even more stuff?!' because this is all this is about, without any care for story or lore.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    If you were a fan of Tamamo I would feel betrayed too.
    No idea what you are talking about, I feel pretty great about all the amazing Tamamo content we've been getting with Fox Tail.
    And Koyan is Tamamo anyway.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Fox Tail killed my interest when it went years into Suzuka shit I didn't care about, and Koya would be more interesting if she wasn't handwaved into having the most lame excuse as to why she looks, talks, and acts like Tamamo despite not being Tamamo but sort of actually is?
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    Then I will ask that you pay closer attention
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    So if I'm reading this right DP is saying that the feature almost everybody hates that is bad and makes the forum objectively worse will never go away because that would negatively impact another feature that nobody has ever used and most likely never will use just in case someday, someone wants to use it. Is that right?
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    It's like if someone told me "make me a milkshake" and i was blind and they gave me the ingredients and I made a milkshake because milkshakes are good, but it turns out that milkshake was a bomb.