Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Kara no Kyoukai - the Garden of Sinners volume 2 translation

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Calling Cokesakto's translation a localization is far more kindness than his 'translation' deserves.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kirishima's Avatar
    It's a localization, but the "local" is his deranged mind.

I get the thought process: localizations "change stuff" so that it makes sense (for the local audience), but what coke did was just add or remove stuff all over the place because it didn't make sense to him. That's not a localization, that's a rewrite.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

A very bad localisation would be the correct word I suppose.
    That it rewrited that thing

HSTP 500 Internal S ervant  Error aldeayeah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Thank you a ton! Been wanting to read this for many years
    don't quote me on this

Good day everyone. Please see the next segment of 空の境界 the Garden of Sinners

SPOILER
    Kara no Kyoukai: the Garden of Sinners
    By: Kinoko Nasu
    Translation: An Admirer of Shiki
    Proofreading: KCold

*TL notes*: Negativity, vajra, serpent, one’s early existence under heaven, the sutra, the Chinese king

5/Paradox Spiral, Lower
    /12 (Spiral Paradox, 9)

From beneath his black coat, Araya threw one of his hands in the air.
    Slowly, his left arm became level with his shoulder. In that palm resembled a gesture for summoning someone from faraway in an effortless fashion.
    He faced his opponent raising but one hand.
    This was Souren Araya’s fighting posture.
    On the other side, Touko Aozaki just looked up at the black figure. Standing beside the bag which sat at her feet, she looked attentively at her enemy. Her black cat familiar was at this moment held motionless behind Araya.
    Touko was aware of the three barriers Araya had arrayed around him, giving their away their appearance like glowing attractions.
    Fugu, Kangou, Dakatsu, Taiten, Chougyou, Ouken*
    Earth’s surface and the sky, the planes and the shapes they form, each formed a web around the mage, as if emanating directly from him. If they were living things, they formed an image of a circle made of lines moment of power that could fade at any moment.
    . . .Normally, a barrier exists to protect something that cannot move, like a fixed barrier. Instead the enemy seemed to carry the barrier like a monstrous storm revolving around him. For that reason one might not be able to understand the presence of the form even watching it draw closer. When it comes to closer quarters combat, Araya was unparalleled.
    However, that also means that the opposite could also be said.
    From the start, Touko and Araya were not magical destroyers like Alba was.
    Touko’s magical runes certainly had offensive capabilities. Rather than power, the engravings had the magic of reality carved into them. Since Araya’s body carries the meaning of fire, his body should be to burn.
    . . .His weak point must be that he relies on proximity to areas he can inscribe written characters onto and cannot reach faraway toward mages outside of his range. However, indirect magic used to effect him will be repelled by the magical forces surrounding his body.
    During their school days, neither of them held any interest in offensive magic. After all, Touko was only interested in creating puppets and Araya was researching death. Therefore, the way in which Araya drew closer to wipe out Touko’s existence resembled the methods of shocktroopers. Araya was a man transplanted from a turbulent time. Using his body like a weapon, someone from our era could not hope to oppose him.
    Knowing this, Touko waited for him to approach. There was nothing else to do.
    As Araya descended step by step down the staircase and as he stepped into the 1st floor lobby she aimed to attack him with a trick she still had up her sleeve.
    Even so. The man in black stopped just in front of the stairs, and held his arm out in front of him in a indistinct motion.
    “. . .Silence.”
    A short murmer.
    The mage’s open palm clenched.
    It was the gesture of crushing something in the palm of one’s hand.
    Simultaneously Touko’s body shook with an impact. All of her Magic Circuits were cut off, her ripped to shreds and fell to the floor.
    The attack had finished.
    An invisible assault.
    An attack from every direction on the body to overwhelm and bring the young woman to her knees.
    Touko perceived the true nature of the attack at that very moment.
    . . .Araya smashed the space in which Touko had been standing with the clench of his fist. It was if her entire being had been pressed down upon.
    As hard as it was to swallow, Touko remembered something unpleasant. She had no knowledge of what magic enabled such a small gesture to effect her.
    “. . .it got me. Damn, what the hell is it?”
    Even as she tasted blood in her mouth, Touko confirmed the extents of wounds to her body. Unlike Shiki, who could deduce exactly which of her bones were broken, Touko had not trained in any such way. All she understood was the fact that her coat had saved her.
    If the same were to happen again, she would certainly be crushed to bits.
    “Go!”
    That being the case, she would not just take such a blow willingly.
    Suddenly—the black cat which had been frozen until now began once again to move. The seeming paralysis up until now had been an act.
    The cat now showed how unimpeded it really was as it resumed its attack on Araya.
    “What?”
    Leaking out a glimmer of surprise, Araya turned his body around in an instant.
    Instantly, the palm he held out clenched into a fist.
    On, like a tremor.
    Touko saw it. The moment Araya fixed his focus on that which he intended to destroy.
    The black cat leaped upward before the forces of compression could effect it’s body..
    Like a force working up-side down, the cat “landed” on the ceiling and then glared at the mage below.
    “You will go no further.”
    From beneath the black coat another arm extended, fist clenched tightly.
    The black cat and the spot on the ceiling on which it rested were crushed.
    Where the cat had been, only a hole in the ceiling remained, as if the cat had been crushed and then disappeared.
    “The chess pieces have vanished. Mages do not need to have strength, making the strongest thing through their deeds will suffice. . . Those were your words during our days at the academy. . . such indeed is the case. A doll maker is defeated when their doll is destroyed.”
    Araya said so as he spread his palm open, once again turning toward Touko,
    The young woman seemed displeased to hear this.
    “Ah but, that theory hasn’t failed yet. It’s really quite something. I forgot, this place is the inside of your body right? Never mind the building, the atmosphere in here itself is tinged with your magic. If so, then I have a thought that would bring this whole place down. I have already jumped straight into a monumental form of magic. Hmm, with such preparation, why have you bothered to chase after me instead of finishing off Shiki?”
    “. . . Leaving something alive is troublesome. Everything could be destroyed if some even an inferior were to apply themselves. However, this time will be different. I will use all my strength to end something I must kill.”
    “And that is why you want Shiki’s body? For you she has the only means of opening the path to the Root huh. To kill without dying is certainly breaking a bone. That is why its great to have a grudge.”
    Returning to a leaning posture, the young women brought her back to the wall.
    “I already said this to Alba, you also don’t understand horror. Do you know the three conditions for scaring people?
    First, monsters must never speak
    Second, monsters must have irregular shapes.
    Third, monsters that cannot die are meaningless.”
    “. . . !”
    Araya spun around.
    From the place in the ceiling that should have been crushed, the black cat leapt froth as if nothing had hampered its existence.
    “. . .Silence!”
    The man clenched his palm directed at the ceiling.
    The space was crushed.
    Yet from that distortion the black cat leap downward, aiming for the mage and opened its jaws.
    “No matter” Though his last moments seemed near, the man said dully.
    An equally dull nose rang out.
    This time was different from the time with Shiki. The mage had no time to counterattack, a very large portion of his body disappeared.
    The mage sunk into the earth’s surface up to his shoulders.
    With dying anguish in his eyes, the human figure fell down the stairs.
    Touko watched all of this take place with a calm observational gaze.
    “With only one strike I extinguish your life. This is called a surprise attack, Araya.”
    And with that, Touko withdrew from the wall and continued walking, or so it seemed.

Woosh.

Quote Originally Posted by Takashi View Post
    The completed Kara no kyoukai TL is essentially with lots of addition and reduction through what the translator deems to be changed.
    To put into perspective, it's just to be a localisation
    it's hardly a translation, more of a fanfic with some translation sparkles in it

Good day. See the next segment. We will have a follow up update on the 17th EST.

SPOILER

Proofreading: Kcold

A sound. A dull sound rang out and the young woman became conscious of another person.
    Blood oozed out of her mouth. Straight from the internal organs, blood endlessly shot out.
    With her vision beginning to haze, she lowered her gaze and saw an arm.
    Someone’s army protruded from her chest.
    A bizarre artwork, Touko thought. A man’s girthy arm extended from her chest. Like clutching a ball, the hand grasped a heart. Definitely her own heart.
    She swiftly drew a conclusion.
    From behind the enemy had pierced her body. she was going to die.
    She then heard a voice from behind.
    The voice carried a heavy mix of lamentation, and frustration.
    No confusion, that of none other than Araya Souren.
    “Is that. . .human?”
    As blood seeped out of her mouth, Touko spoke.
    The mage who had suddenly appeared behind her back rebuked her.
    “Even though you make dolls you didn’t bother calling any here? I have more important work to do. Did you not know of another monk who made dolls?”
    As he held the heart he had ripped from her body in his hand, he continued his speech.
    “And so, you are the real one. Only you would have a heart so energetic. Beautiful, a splendid form. I’d rather not crush it, but I have no other choice.”
    Like a plastic bag filled with water hitting the ground, the heart exploded as Araya clenched his hand into a fist.
    “I read the strings of the puppet attached to your familiar. The magic creature did not come from your bag. That thing is an image projected form the bag isn’t it?“
    As Araya glared at the bag, it disintegrated. Inside the space where the bag had been a camera appeared. The machine made a jijiji sound. It was a movie projector.
    「A shadow picture. I see. If that is what it was then attacks would be ineffective. The aether body in the atmosphere was crushed, yet the magic lantern inside was able to resurrect the creature each time…Very frustrating indeed. I must learn what I can from this lesson.”
    Touko did not answer his murmurings. Instead, she proffered a question in her final moments.
    “Araya, let us return to the prior question. What is it that you strive for as a mage?”
    “There is nothing I hope for.”
    The same question from before was met with the same answer.
    Touko laughed in a twisted way. In a grand and beautiful way, blood flowed form her mouth as she did so.
    There is nothing I hope for. In the past, this question was asked by someone other than Touko. Rather an instructor had proposed this question to her pupils. Each of these pupils had developed their own personal theories regarding magecraft and articulated them at length. Only Araya had answered thus. “I wish for nothing.” The others laughed at Araya in distaste, however Touko was the only one who could not.
    . . .What she felt that time was fear.
    For what Araya intended with his answer as not that he desired nothing that was in this world.
    Rather what he desired was that everything in this world down to the last ceased to exist. What he wished for, was a perfectly dead world.
    Which is why he wished for nothing.
    Thus was the extent to which he hated humanity, that he would go to the lengths of becoming a hollow being himself. He truly had no desires. This man, who had no interest in trifling happiness, hated the paradox of humans.
    “Araya. . . One last curse.”
    “Speak. . . And hurry, few seconds remain.
    “. . . When one makes contact with the Akashic Record, the Counter Force begins to move. When one such as you turns to hating humanity, the chances of the world ending go up. The Counter Force has two types. The first is for humanity, a force that preserves our world subconsciously in an aggregate form. There is one more type, the true form of the Counter Force on this earth. . . Both have the same goal, but this variety has one key difference. It takes the shape of the Akashic Record. The Counter Force mandates that one who touches the Akashic Record shall control the world. The end of civilization, or in other words, a celestial end to all progress becomes possible. Therefore if the world consciously produces a Messiah, such an individual would be a Legendary Hero who would defend the world from destruction.”
    “And?”
    Araya raised an eyebrow as he heard Touko confirm that which he already knew.
    Her breath became ragged yet she continued on.
    “In sum, the Counter Force that can see Life Lines like a Gaea type celestial body is different than the one that guards humanity. . . That is my point Araya. In your lifetime, which of these two is that you hate?”
    The mage considered the question only carefully. Indeed, such a viewpoint did exist, thought Araya. He thought about the matter as if contemplating for the first time. Having pursued the mystery of the Root for such a long time, Araya had never given much thought to the true nature of the Counter Force.
    A Gaea-like Counter Force. This thing that would preserve the survival of humanity, regardless of the state of the world. A force that would destroy even the stars if doing so mean the preservation of humanity.
    The latter provided the answer.
    “I will not bother to speak on that. It’s a thought I’ve had many times. Araya, you are enemies with the humans who will always be saved in the end.
    “That is the consciousness of every human being on earth. Do you really think you can win against the will of around six billion people all by yourself?”
    “I will win.”
    Without any hesitation, and without any pride, the mage replied immediately.
    A living Hell comprised of the deaths of people.
    No matter how meaningless the death, or what future those people should have been bound for, the mage treated them like his property.
    Thought Touko.
    That is what it means to win over all of humanity, to forge an ultimate ego like steel.
    Araya Souren had this. There was no doubt. He proclaimed and made it so.
    As the question was appended he no doubt clearly visualized fighting each of those six billion people.
    Imagining the struggle as if it were reality, even after realizing how painful it would be, Araya had answered that he would win.
    His strength was his strength of will.
    However there was one hole in his beliefs.
    “It’s a pity Araya.”
    “What?
    “Araya asked her thus yet her life had already flickered out.
    All that remained was her brain. The brain that now ceased to receive blood flow, and lost countless things as a result. All of her knowledge and skills would be lost as the mind ceased to function. Araya placed the palm of his free hand on Touko’s head so that he could pull his other arm out of her body. He then grasped her head with that hand and ripped apart the spine connecting the head to the torso. He let the rest of her now headless body collapse to the floor.
    Holding the head in both hands, he spun on his heel and turned away from where his former compatriot had stood.
    He now faced the wall at which Touko had made her last stand. The wall from which he had appeared to seize victory away from Touko.
    As for the meaning of Touko’s final words, still they eluded his understanding.
    This mansion belonged to Araya Souren’s body. From the walls to its construction, everything was his alone.
    As he existed everywhere in the mansion, he could therefore reach out from any of its corners to reach and space inside. This was the other world of Araya Souren, who could go anywhere within it instantaneously. The black coated mage then sunk into the wall like it was a liquid surface, and vanished completely.

Happy Birthday Shiki!

Spoiler
    Proofreading: Kcold

(14/)

A solitary memory of a burning field.
    Walking on and on across a never-ending field of corpses.
    The riverside filled with pebbles and the shattered bones of humans.
    The wind carried a scent of death that would not expire if it were to fill three thousand worlds.
    It was the age of battle.
    A time before weapons were invented, where those who lived only today would fight with their own hands.
    No matter where they went, they fought cruelly and threw each other’s dead bodies to the ground.
    Vulnerable villages’ inhabitants being. massacred by brutal hordes was an every day occurrence. There was no problem with anyone killing anybody. War wasn’t an issue. How many people died depended solely on the number of those who could not be saved.
    When there was a fight to be had, I hastened to the scene. There were instances where I made it in time as well as instances where I did not.
    Every time there was only one result, a mountain of dead bodies.
    Humans were always meant to die.
    Men cried out in aguish as they died.
    Starving children even smiled as they died.
    Mothers who prayed for their children to live even just until tomorrow as they died.
    Death rushed irrationally toward everyone.
    Accumulating lives that had accomplished good deeds and rendering their lives meaningless.
    Every life was simply spent swimming upstream against the current of death.
    Even so I made a pilgrimage to every part of the country in an attempt to save people.
    All I saw were the scorched fields lingering after their inhabitants’ untimely demise.
    I did not save them. I cannot save humans. Even religion cannot save anyone.
    Why?
    Rather than save people, we can only bring them to their end.
    Despair conceals despair, obscuring yesterday’s despair with a new despair of today. The cycle of endless death brought me to a narrow enlightenment.

I cannot save any man.

If I cannot save anyone, then I shall record death as clearly as I can.
    To acquire the significance of the lives that were lived as well as that which occurred after those lives were extinguished.
    I shall even extend the suffering further.
    Rejoicing in the proof of life.
    For suffering is that proof.

And thus.
    I began gathering deaths.

He awoke to the sound of vapor and boiling water.
    In total darkness, Araya Souren stood up surrounded by the apartment complex’s residents. He had been having a small dream.
    “It seems I was dreaming. Dusk carries a kind of lingering attachment, and it seems I have fallen into this myself for the first time.”
    The mage spoke to himself.
    Though he was not in fact alone. Next to him was a birdcage-shaped, glass container. The glass container had spinal fluid and the head of a human. The head had its eyelids closed as if sleeping. Though it did not speak, there was the head of Aozaki Touko.
    The sound of boiling water.
    Within the room was a red hot iron board. The red-hot iron was the only light source inside of Araya’s study.
    The mage was only waiting for time.
    Ryougi Shiki and Aozaki Touko. He had now made use of both of their bodies for destructive purposes.
    They now only served to power his machine. It shall take time to become accustomed to. No matter what path she takes, Ryougi Shiki shall not be able to move her body nor recover it.
    Araya simply waited. Already, nothing could threaten him.
    “ARAYA!”
    Suddenly another mage appeared.
    A perturbed mage in red who could not accept things as they were approached Araya.
    "Why are you so complacent? We still have things to do! We must act swiftly!”
    “. . .Those things have passed. I no longer need Aozaki’s workshop. The same goes for Enjou Tomoe. Even if we let him be there is nothing he can do now. That at least you must accept.”
    “. . .That’s true. I guess I’m just at my limit. I shall accept that we should not pursue the matter further. But what are we going to do about Ryougi Shiki? That one has only technically lost her consciousness. Once she regains consciousness it’s likely she will get out of here. I don’t have time to stick with this plan any longer. I don’t want to think about having to chase down the young lady, that would be going above and beyond.”
    “There is no need for such worries. The woman named Shiki is not merely sealed inside of a room, rather she has become one with the structure of the entire premises of the apartment complex. The purpose of this structure all along was to seal people inside. No artifice could extract anyone from it. There is nothing Ryougi Shiki can do. There is no need to observe her, for her wounds are too serious for her to do anything even if she did awaken.”
    Despite the expressionless face with which Araya Souren delivered such assurances, the red coated mage replied with dissatisfaction.
    “. . . Well whatever. I have no interest in Ryougi Shiki. My reason for summoning you was of a different motive.”
    As he said so, the red mage glanced in a different direction. He eyed the glass container housing Touko’s head, sitting on a table.
    “This is different than what was promised, Araya. You said so! You said you would let ME kill Aozaki. Why did you lie?”
    “I gave you the opportunity, but you failed. My only choice was to end Aozaki on my own.”
    “Ended her? Don’t make me laugh. She still lives. That you of all people would let her live, you must have become quite full of yourself huh?”
    It certainly was the case that Aozaki Touko was not actually dead. The functions of her brain still carried on, even though she could not speak nor even think. Even if she was only alive, she still was in fact not dead.
    “Don’t just be silent Araya. Even down to her red-color, she is the spitting image of a vixen fox. Even with only her head, she could attack through even the slightest gap. We must kill her beyond all doubt.”
    “Fool. You have said something you really shouldn’t have, Cornelius.”
    “What?”
    The red mage stopped speaking. Ignoring him, Araya grasped the glass container.
    “Take it. This is yours after all. I entrust it to you. It matters not to me what you do with it.”
    In an instant Araya passed the glass container over to him.
    Holding the large birdcage shaped container in both hands, the red mage stared at it in bewilderment—until a gross smile contorted his face into laughter.
    “Certainly I accept. This is already mine. You really do not care what I do with it, Araya?”
    “Do as you please. No matter what path you walk, your fate is yours to decide.”
    And yet, by then the voice of Araya Souren no longer reached the red mage.
    Laughing unpleasantly, the satisfied young man retreated from the room.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Happy birthday indeed!

Blog Entries
    Nice! Hopefully you can finish it.
    I think it goes: "I don't trust people like me." — no, that's not it…

Quote Originally Posted by Namelesss
    Quote me on this, 10 years from now TM will not release a global VN work.

Good day everyone. Here is the next segment of Paradox Spiral, enjoy!

Paradox Spiral, 6

3 (Paradox Spiral, 6)

Clack clack clack clack

. . . The headache became more intense. Throughout my body the pain sharpened, as if I had been impaled by a bolt.
    I clutched by knees and bore the pain while holding the fetal position.
    My teeth rattled as I grimaced, unable to think clearly. I just swore meaninglessly while glaring at the wall.
    How long has it been since then?
    As Ryougi Shiki was done in by Araya, I did nothing but run away. Araya should be dead. After all, he had been stabbed in the throat and in the arm. His throat was gushing out blood. It would be strange if he were still alive.
    And yet, Araya had revived and the knife in his throat seemed to dislodge itself of its own accord. Even though I knew I had to move my body, I had been frozen to the spot as I stared dumbfoundedly at the bizarre events. The knife fell to floor with a metallic clang as Araya’s breathing resumed.
    The sound broke me out of my stupor and forced me to continue thinking. I crawled toward the fallen knife and grasping it in both hands, and locked eyes with the newly resuscitated Araya. I may have screamed, so ghastly was Araya’s appearance. Even though he was Shiki’s assailant, I grasped the knife in both hands and self-absorbedly ran away without even thinking about striking back.
    I never thought of myself as one to run away, but in the end that is all that I did.
    I ran and I ran. I ran until I was out of breath. I ran away from the apartment complex. I leapt on the motorcycle we had taken there and distanced myself from the tower.
    . . .And when I finally regained my senses I was here quivering with fear.
    The apartment of the woman who would likely never return, Ryougi Shiki. Such a dreary sight I was, just hugging my knees in despair alone in this room, like a worthless human.
    “Dammit.”
    How many times have I said that word? I am unable to do anything else it seems. Ryougi Shiki was killed right before my eyes and all I did was run away. This happened right in front of me, and yet I had no shame about running away. And I had watched a nightmare unfold in which I saw myself killed, yet I had no actual emotional response.
    At the very least, I haven’t been able to make any sense of any of the bizarre events that unfolded.
    “Dammit.”
    I said the same thing again, even as I continued to shake uncontrollably.
    I then began to laugh.
    There is nothing I can do by myself.
    I can’t even help Ryougi.
    “Damn. . .dammit”
    Even though I shouted, my head felt broken.
    Going to help Ryougi means fighting against that man. Just remembering Araya’s appearance caused me to shake in fear.
    Clank, clank.
    . . . The strange sound of gears within a clock grinding.
    I felt pain in my left elbow.
    I must have injured it while running away, I thought to myself as the broken bone like pain grew.
    I am reaching the limit of my mind and body it seems.
    Even as my headache continued, the pain in my joint did not vanish either.
    My breathing became ragged as the air in my lungs became painful.
    “. . .”
    I cried. I was crying. Hugging my knees and crying pathetically, I sat there alone and was a pitiful sight to behold.
    Since all I could do was cry I realized that I was a fake. Like anyone else, I was truly only concerned about my own pathetic survival. I had aspired to be genuine like Ryougi but in the end I could not deceive my intrinsic nature.
    Real thing. . .?
    Actually, there was one time where I did have such an aspiration before.
    Suddenly I recalled those memories.
    I stopped clutching my knees and shifted my gaze to the surface of the bed. In place of the sleeping Ryougi, there was a katana lying abandoned.
    . . .that woman had believed me when I told her I killed someone.
    . . .that woman had stayed by me as if my being a murderer meant nothing.
    . . .that woman helped me.
    . . .for the first time I had though I wanted to stay beside someone.
    Why did I forget this?
    Those feelings were not a lie.
    I seriously did wish to protect her.
    “What am I?”

I’ve only been thinking about what I want to protect.

“. . .”
    I don’t really understand, but one thing I do know is that for the first time I prized my life above anything else. Perhaps something else was different. Was something else important, was there something I wanted to protect so badly that I left my house that day?
    “Damn, how cowardly of me.”
    Did she die for my sake?
    The question that I directed toward Ryougi was actually one that I should be answering myself.
    What am I afraid of?
    It is obvious what I should be doing. Even if I can bear being seen in the sorry state I’m in now, I have to at least stand up and start doing something.
    “OK Ryougi, now I, Enjou Tomoe, will die for your sake.”
    As I said so, I tightly grasped the knife Ryougi had left behind.

At that instant, the door bell rang out.
    Ping pong. My body tensed up at the ordinarily bright-sounding bell.
    Has Araya already arrived here or is it just a visitor?
    Ryougi wouldn’t have any visitors to her place. Then it’s definitely Araya. I had decided to play at not being here, but immediately changed my mind.
    . . .I hardened my resolve. I shall attack the moment the door opens, and defend the abode of Ryougi.
    As I stood at the genkan, a calm voice called out, “I’m opening the door now!”
    “Who might this be?”
    I continued by pulling the person into the room.
    As he stumbled into the entryway, I kicked the door shut with my heel and pinned him to the ground. As I had caught him off guard, there was nothing he could do.
    I straddled him and was about to lay into him but just before I could land a blow I stopped.
    I could tell just from one look that the person I was about to pummel means no harm and was indeed a visitor of Ryougi’s, bearing no resemblance to an underling of Araya’s.
    “Who are you?”
    He gave no answer to my murmuring.
    He merely looked up at me, blinking in surprise.
    He had black hair and soft eyes underneath black framed glasses. He looked to be only a few years older than me. Though he wore entirely black clothes, he did not look suspicious at all.
    “Are you an acquaintance of Ryougi’s?”
    “I am, and you are?”
    The man replied with alarming coolness considering only a second ago he had been pulled into the apartment by a stranger.
    “Me? I’m. . .”
    Come to think of it, just what was I to Ryougi? Lacking the words to explain eloquently, I merely sighed in frustration.
    “Does that matter? Ryougi isn’t here. Please leave.”
    I lifted my weight off of him and stood up.
    Still low to the ground, the man stared at my arm.
    “Look I’m sorry I pushed you, so stop wasting my time. I don’t have time to mess around.”
    “That’s Shiki’s knife isn’t it? Why are you holding it?”
    This one is not to be underestimated, thought I, as I watched his gaze fixate on the knife I held.
    “. . .This was entrusted to me. It has nothing to do with you.”
    Turning his gaze away from mine, the man muttered, “yes it does” and stood back up.
    “Shiki is, you know, she would never let anyone else touch her knives or swords. So now that knife. . . If you have it that means Shiki would be doing something complete opposite to her convictions.
    Suddenly, the man grabbed my collar.
    “You must have stolen it from Shiki.”
    Such was his intensity that I could not help but avert my eyes from his fierce expression.
    I extracted myself from the man’s grasp on my collar.
    “That’s not it. This. . .is something Shiki dropped. Hurry up and return it to her, it’s owner.”
    Saying so, I turned my back to the man. There were preparations I needed to do for this in the living room.
    “Wait. . . are you one of their comrades?”
    The question landed on my back. I wanted to ignore him, but the question stoked my curiosity.
    “Their? Who do you mean?”
    “From Ogawa Apartments.”
    The man’s words cut like a small blade. I stopped dead in my tracks. Such a trick question quickly deflated me.
    “I see, so they got Shiki huh?”
    The man then put his hand on the entrance way door knob.
    Why is it that then I had the sudden thought?
    “Hey.”
    I suddenly called out to him. I could have let him go, but I felt that I just couldn’t let him go alone.
    I gained the reassurance that we both had the same goal in mind.
    “Oi, wait!”
    I now clung to the man with a purpose entirely different from only a few minutes ago.

I have an extra long passage on the way, updates will follow soon. Around 20 in text pages that I've translated are being proofread at the moment.

374-390

13 (Paradox Spiral, 6)

According to our conversation, the man was a friend of Ryougi’s since their high schools days. I had no interest in this kind of detailed talk. I just wanted to help Ryougi and save her, and so I only followed this man because he wanted the same.
    We did not exchange names with one another, only exchanged relevant information. The man said that a red coated man named Alba had captured Ryougi this afternoon.
    This sounded like a declaration. Ryougi and I had gone to the mansion just yesterday night. The times did in fact match up. Looking at my watch I could see we had just reached seven in the evening. Time was progressing like any other day, even after yesterday’s events. The man had been waiting for Touko, but it appears that she has had the tables turned by those guys as well. Left alone, he had decided to take action now instead of waiting until tomorrow.
    I told the man everything about what had happened yesterday.
    About the apartment’s east and west towers. About my two homes. How the monstrous Araya had grabbed Ryougi. . . About how I had met Ryougi when she saved me from those punks.
    The man listened to my talk intently. It was almost unsettling how intently he listened to near impossible to believe experiences without showing any signs of doubt.
    “. . .So what do you think?”
    Having listened to my speech, the man merely posed a question while wearing a deep expression.
    “There is nothing for me to think! Ryougi is somewhere in that mansion. Is there anything to think about other than saving her?”
    “That’s not what I meant, I was asking what you think about your parents. Which do you think are real?”
    The man looked at me with worried eyes as he asked about this topic I had not even considered.
    My parents, the parents who I had killed. . .yet who had also raised me.
    “That. . .that has nothing to do with this! Let’s deal with that later!”
    “It is related. Touko told me that that structure is a place where ersatz things exist. If a family suicide takes place then it is not their fault, but rather a design by the apartment’s structure itself. That apartment creates things. You are the same. You saw a dream in which you were killed, so you killed your parents out of anxiety. But, was that actually of your own will? Did you really kill your parents? Did your parents actually die by your hands?”
    The man seemed to stare at me piercingly.
    This guy didn’t seem to glare at me, but I still felt as if he was looking down into the depths of my soul. He was the exact opposite of Ryougi, yet equally fierce in his own way.
    . . .I had noticed the paradox already. Somewhere in my heart I already understood. I knew I had killed my parents with my own hands. But even so there was one aspect I never accepted fully, letting it float in midair. I could only reject it completely.
    “. . .I killed them. That alone is true. I can still recall the feeling of my mother’s blood on my hands. I certainly remember placing my hands on my parents one month ago. I cannot run away from this.”
    “And what about your parents? Until now you’ve only mentioned your mother. Your father is missing from the story. Did you only kill your mother?”
    “Why are you so persistent? I told you my father was already dead. I saw his dead body and I—”
    Suddenly I noticed. I definitely did see my father’s dead body, but was he dead because of me? I remember killing my mother, yet I have no memory at all of how my father died.
    My old man had already been done in by Mom. The dead bodies of my parents from half a year ago. Indeed, the Enjou family’s demise had been brought about by my mother.
    It was as if I had been killing my parents every day.
    That dream was reality.
    I hadn’t been running from a dream.
    I had been running from reality, and with my own hands I—
    The sounds of gears grinding.
    “—Shut up! Nothing about my parents matters anymore! I just want to help Ryougi! I don’t know anything about anything else.”
    That’s right, this right now is my only reality. There is no point in thinking about anything else.
    “So then do you have a plan? If you plan on helping all by yourself, do you have a plan of action?”
    Glaring at me the man gave a nod as if to assent.
    “If so then just one thing. Talking to you has changed my mind. This case is not something we can handle on our own. It may be something we need to call the police for.
    The man said this quietly.
    What is this man on about now? It may be too late to say this, but I wonder if we were playing right into the hands of those guys.
    “Are you serious?”
    The man slouched his shoulders and shook his head.
    “No of course not. But that is what judgement should look like. I think it’s fine that you want to save Shiki, but you need to think about your own position too. You must treasure your own life, it is not something you can just throw away.”
    “Shut up! How can you understand any of my feelings? I’m nothing. I couldn’t save anyone! If I can’t at least save Ryougi, then I have nothing. All I have is the oath I took to protect her with my life!—.”
    As I said so feeling welled up from inside.
    I recognized this feeling. It’s the same as that night. It’s not simply that I want to help Ryougi, but rather rather that I want to die trying to help Ryougi.
    Right now it hurts too much to go on living. Since I have nothing left, continuing to exist is meaningless. However, I still don’t want a meaningless death. So dying for the sake of Ryougi, that is a death that has meaning.
    Dying for the woman one loves, that is more than enough for me.
    . . . This man, who recognized what I was feeling, suddenly gave me a pained look.
    “You don’t understand.”
    I couldn’t do anything other than feebly agree.
    The man quietly stood up.
    “Alright. Let’s go save Shiki. However, before that there is one place I want to go first. Come with me, Enjou Tomoe.”
    Once again he used my name even though I never taught it to him, and we walked into the night.

I followed the man and we boarded a train. We took a lane completely different from the one that lead toward the apartment complex, and we arrived at a station I did not recognize. The town was a small residential area away from the bustle of the city. The station had not even a traffic circle in front of it, and the town but two convenience stores. A sad state of traffic through the area.
    “This way.”
    The man quickly read the map signboard and started walking in a direction. We walked for a few minutes and the town grew quiet as it sank into the quietness of the time after dinner. Houses became fewer and fewer and soon only the street lamps reliably provided lighting as far as the hand could touch. Narrow walkways. Narrow bridges. Trash scattered about and stray dogs looking for scarps. Really not a polished looking place at all.
    This man really was coming here for the first time. I thought initially we were going to make preparations related to saving Ryougi, but it seems that this was not the case. As I followed the man while we walked silently, a sense of frustration steadily built up. We don’t have time to be strolling through this area!
    “Hey, I’ve had enough of this. Where are you taking us?”
    “Just a little bit farther. Over there, see that park? And next to that empty field, alongside it.”
    I followed the man through the park.
    Of course the park was deserted at night. I mean even during the afternoon this place was probably empty. The playground there was very quiet and placed on top of a flat plot of land.
    Not even a slide or a jungle gym was there. Only a sorry set of iron bars stood there, rusted over and leaving one to wonder in how many years since it had been polished.
    “. . .huh?”
    Something flashed through the back of my mind. I. . .haven’t I been to this park before?
    From childhood, and other memories as well, I came here before and even played on that playground before.
    As I stood there looking the place over, I suddenly realized that the man had gotten pretty far ahead of me.
    Next to the empty field, he stopped in front of a detached single house. I hurried up my gait to catch up with him.
    The man stood looking at the house silently. As I caught up with him he shifted his gaze to me and had a lock of pity in his eyes.
    His facial expression seemed to implore me to proceed ahead.
    It had rotted.
    A house, solemn rooms, a small house.
    The gate had rusted and half decayed while the garden was overran with weeds.
    Those weeds extended all the way up to the house’s walls itself. The paint was peeling here and there. Rather than a house, the structure resembled a weary stray dog.
    How long has it been since humans resided here?
    This was no longer a house. It hardly qualified as ruins.
    “. . . .”
    My voice did not come out.
    Taking it all in, but unable to enter the ruins, I started to cry.
    I hadn’t felt any pain or frustration, but for some reason the tears came anyway.
    I didn’t know any of this. I had never seen this sort of thing.
    However, my soul remembered. Tomoe Enjou certainly had not forgotten.
    Even though I had thrown away my past, Tomoe had remembered this place the whole time.

“My. . . home.”

The place I had lived until I was eight years old. Those forgotten days.
    “Enjou, where is your home?”
    When she asked me that question I shook my head while making a difficult face.
    “I’m talking about the place you call home. It’s fine if you don’t know I guess.
    Was this the place you were talking about, Ryougi?
    But now what had happened to this place?
    Collapsed and broken down, this place was in ruin.
    I had only harsh memories of my home. When I was around eight years old, my father was the despot of the home. My mother only every went along with what he said, like a wooden doll.
    I never even had enough food or warm clothing. My parents never considered me anything other than a nuisance.
    This is why I considered Ryougi more important to me than even my own parents.
    So important.
    So then why was I here and even crying?
    The same thing happened even as I saw the bones of my parents. Everything went numb and I lost the ability to move. If I forget something important, then that means I’ve cut it out of my life.
    “Why?”
    I muttered this as I entered the garden of the ruins.
    The garden was narrow. While it may have been perfect for a family of three, now as an adult I felt that it was even more cramped than I remembered.
    I remembered this garden.
    I was laughing happily as my father patted me on the head with his reliable arm.
    My mother was smiling happily as she looked kindly at me.
    I cannot believe it. Did I have such dream like happiness back in those days?
    Did I really once hold such fundamental happiness?

“—Tomoe.”
    A voice. I turned. There was a tough looking young man.
    “I have something important to give you, please come here.”
    The young boy ran after the man.
    With reddish hair, the young boy resembled a little girl.
    “Dad, what is this?”
    “This is a house key. Don’t lose it, keep it with you at all times. You are a man. You have to protect your mother.”
    “I have to protect this key?”
    “That’s right. A house key is something that protects the family. It properly locks up the house when Mom and Dad are away from home and every thing can be all right.”
    Since he was only a child, the boy still could only understand to a degree. Still, the young boy grasped the key and looked up to answer.
    “Ok! It’s important. Even though I might be by myself, I’ll protect our home!”

The strength left my legs and caused me to fall on my backside to the ground of the garden. I tried to stand back up, but I could not.
    As the memories distinctly came back to me, my body could no longer move properly.
    I remember now. The key was a symbol of protecting the family. It was a treasured symbol of the family.
    The household was broken, not a trace of it remained.
    I cursed the circumstances that brought me to forget my past.
    . . .the past. Memories of a peaceful family life. A kind mother, a prideful father. Both loving parents. It was genuine. And I was an idiot for forgetting this life after it had been taken away from me.
    Even though my parents had been so kind to me.
    Even though I had seen such a bright world.
    Having been so absorbed in the moment I tried to distance myself from my own parents and considered them beneath me. I ignored their pleas for help and closed my heart off to them.
    Are things truly eternal?

No. One must never wish for anything everlasting. His parents’ feelings were genuine, the real thing. I forgot about this. I—had thought I was the victim when really I was the one who brought suffering on to my family.
    My father who was facing persecution from all sides had wanted to move, but was stuck in place.
    My mother who suffered from the relentless gossip of others, took on a part time job and worked.
    Those two together, thought only of saving me.
    Whenever I got home from work, my mother always was waiting for me. Whatever she would say, I would always turn my back on my parents and ignore them, never saying anything. Even though it was not just me who was suffering and my mother must have been suffering much more than me.
    With no one to talk to, and getting hit by my father, my mother silently continued working.
    It was almost predetermined that her heart would break. And if I had only once turned around to speak to her, none of this would have happened.
    “I am such an idiot.”
    The tears began to flow and I covered my face in shame.
    I was not crying because I saw a dream in which had killed my parents, nor because I had contributed to the construction of the apartment complex.
    I was the one at fault. My mother was the victim. I was to blame for this and more, all because I had not turned around to face my mother. And it was I who was responsible for killing my parents, despite being the one who was most of all supposed to help them.
    I must atone now for my sins.
    Sitting on the ground, I clutched at the soil and clenched the dirt tightly in my hands.
    The tears stopped.
    Indeed, I had been crying for a while.
    My tears were of pure frustration, not at all like the natural flow of the rainy season in Spring.
    Because I was sad—because the weight of letting my parents die was too heavy, my tears flowed. For the first time. . .in six months since my parents had died I cried. It was a parting ritual.
    That too ended. I could not spend forever on this trip. I eventually returned to the starting line.
    The storm stopped and I heard the signal ring out. It’s time for me to run with all of my might.
    . . .I finally noticed that the man had been with me the entire time.
    Without saying anything, the garden faded from my view.
    Even though I had not wanted to accept it, I had needed to come to this place. But for me to show my crying face was beyond honest. No, the man definitely knew that I needed this.
    After all, I was not one disposed to get along with someone who was my rival in regard to Shiki.
    “Damn, are you satisfied now?”
    “I directed my spite at him without turning to face him.”.
    The man nodded.
    “. . .forgive me. I knew of your misfortune, but I have no words to express that can comfort you.”
    That’s right. Only I can understand the pain.
    Even if he pitied me, there was no way that I could explain to him my feelings.
    He said something that felt really good to hear.
    “I was raised in a happy family and lived a blessed childhood. So there is nothing I can say.”
    . . .This is a nice guy.
    Any words of comfort would have been almost insulting coming from him. But he had the tact to realize that nobody seeks sympathy. I was moved by his empathy and respected him more for it. I can’t let him think I was resentful.
    “tch, if you know then just stay quiet, dummy.”
    “But I don’t know really what else to do than offer my words. I don’t know how many times its been, nor how many more times this will happen, but what’s important is the moment and what you are feeling right now. It would be a mistake to think otherwise.”
    The man said this as we stood under the moonlight.
    Above all else, I mattered the most.
    I will strive to protect the irreplaceable, me, Enjou Tomoe.
    ―Really, this must be the most pure existence.
    There was nothing fake about self-preservation. No decorations. A bare, genuine essence.
    What I considered ugly was definitely my own weakness. That night on which I had proclaimed I would die for Shiki, that self-effacing nature must have been what Shiki was mocking me about.
    . . .No big deal.
    In the end, such a different person from me could still identify my main faults.
    While still crouched on the ground, I began to chuckle.
    And then, the man offered me his hand to pull me up.
    “If you cannot stand on your own then I’ll lend you a hand.”
    . . .I off the bright gaze he looked down at me with.
    The joints in my body screamed out in protest, yet stubbornness caused me to press forward, even if it would kill me.
    Enjou Tomoe stood up.
    “Enough with the over-helpfulness. Its time for me to do things by myself now.”
    The man laughed straight forwardly and nodded.
    “I thought you would say that!”
    Mysteriously, I found myself smiling and laughing back.

Spoiler:
    13 (Paradox Spiral, 6)

The man’s plan was simple.
    Ryougi was sealed somewhere inside of the West side of the apartment complex’s tenth floor. Entering the front lobby and taking the elevator would alert our foe to our presence immediately. That would just turn us into prey for the hunters and throw away all of our plans to help Ryougi.
    Even though I was a resident of the apartment, this outsider man had experience dealing with Araya Souren, so his convictions in this regard were strong.
    “But you know, they probably won't notice me right?”
    “I’ll have you infiltrate through the basement. Here, this is a layout of the apartment complex. There is an underground parking lot you know? Enter the sewers from a far away manhole, from there you can sneak in. The apartment complex’s underground parking lot isn’t even in use right?”
    I took in the mans words. indeed, the apartment’s underground parking lot was not in use by the public. The elevator even had a B button, but it did not take one from the above ground to the below ground area.
    “Probably, but I think that place is serving as those guy’s workshop. I didn’t even think of it as an underground parking lot. Sound doesn’t get out of there, so they work there to avoid generating any suspicion.”
    As I said this, the man pressed a bag containing a screwdriver and a jack toward me, for use when entering through the sewers. The man’s car pulled up to the district where the apartment complex stood.
    We got off at a highway about a kilometer away from the complex.
    The time was 10:00 PM. There was already no one on the streets.
    “There’s the manhole. From there you can take the west facing sewer and then go up at the seventh manhole to the underground parking lot.”
    “Damn, you make it sound easy.”
    As I said this complaint I made ready.
    Inside the bag of tools was Ryougi’s remaining knife.
    And, just in case, I also brought along Ryougi’s katana. It would be a good idea to have as many weapons as possible when Araya came along.
    “Let’s sync our watches then. When it reaches 10:30 I’m going to head into the apartment complex, so that’s when you should be coming up into the parking garage from the sewers.”
    The man gave these instructions as if he was used to this sort of thing.
    That was when I gave voice to some of my misgivings.
    “. . .I might be used to this kind of thing. Why are you going so far with this? Is it for Ryougi?”
    The man gave no response to my question other than a troubled facial expression.
    “Hey. We might die you know? Aren’t you scared?”
    “Of course I’m scared. I am not really cut out for these sorts of responsibilities.”
    The man closed his eyes as he spoke. As if giving himself a boost of self-confidence, the man spoke quietly.
    “I am surprised too. This is a great adventure for me. . . however, a little bit before this I met a child who could see the future.”
    “What?”. . . Suddenly the man was talking about something I had no idea about.
    “This child said to me that staying around Shiki would put my life in danger.”
    The man was serious as he said this. I replied accordingly.
    “Right, and that moment would be right about now, for sure. So what happened?”
    The man shrugged and shook his head.
    “Nothing—I haven’t died yet at least.”
    The man casually said something absurd.
    Vaguely nodding at his intriguing reasoning, I shouldered the bag of tools.
    At least this sort of thing made for an interesting time.
    . . .I really better start running now.
    “I’ll take my leave then. Oh yeah, I don’t believe we have told one another our names yet. I’m Enjou Tomoe. You?”
    . . .I knew that he already knew my name of course, but I decided to at least properly introduce myself for once.
    The man’s name was Mikiya Kokutou. . . At some point, Ryougi had said his name after all.
    “I see. So you really do have a name like a poet’s.”
    then I grabbed the man’s hand and placed a key inside of his palm.
    It was the key I no longer needed, Ryougi’s house key.

—A long time ago.
    I thought it was a treasure, that tiny metallic shape.

“What is this?”
    “Just take it. This is something you have to protect no matter what.”
    It took a lot of effort, but I smiled as pleasantly as I could.
    I don’t know if I was doing a good job or not.
    “I think that after this whole thing is over, it would be better if we never meet again. That includes looking for one another. Since we both love the same woman, we should avoid each other completely.”
    Why? The man’s face looked at me and seemed to bear this question.
    . . .I wanted to just forget this face completely at my own leisure.
    He seemed to understand what I was saying in an instant.
    “That’s how it is. I don’t know you. So don’t mind me either. This way if either of us dies we don’t have to feel guilty about not being able to save each other. So just. . .let’s just promise not to meet again.”
    And so the man took a step forward.
    He did not say anything as he looked at me.
    I was already running away as I waved good-bye with one hand.
    “See ya! After we finish this, I am going to start over with my life! I love Ryougi, but she doesn’t need me! You don’t really suit her either, but that’s probably why you are perfect for each other. . . As for me, I’m the same as Ryougi so I’m going to be fine. People like us, we get tired of dealing with the likes of you so quickly. So we are better off doing without!”

And so I ran, without looking back a second time.

Spoiler:

14/

Mikiya Kokutou stepped into the deserted apartment complex as if it was his own home. Passing through the odorless greenery of the garden, he entered into the artificially lit lobby.
    There was not a sound in the lobby.
    The uniformly cream colored lobby was almost clinically clean. The lighting permeated every floorspace and wall, leaving no contrast between light and dark.
    From the moment he entered the lobby—the apartment complex that normally was filled with a tepid coldness—he felt something different in the air. This night, this other worldly presence filled the room with a heavy stillness that made breathing difficult.
    The sound of each small step he took immediately dissipated.
    Cold. Even the air fit this role as simply walking was stifling. Mikiya Kokutou felt that simply coming to this otherworldly space had completely turned him into an outsider.
    Even so, there was no turning back now. Like water flowing into a container, Mikiya proceeded into the lobby.
    “From the third floor for now.”
    Without using the stairs, he thought about using the elevator.
    He pushed the elevator button.
    He heard the sound of a driving force and the elevator came from the fifth floor.
    The door opened silently.
    “—eh?”
    It took a moment for him to process what stood before him. His breath was taken away.
    “Oh, so you came. Perfect timing. I’ve been expecting you.”
    The speaker was a young man in a red coat who stood inside the elevator.
    Mikiya brought his hand to his mouth to hold back the urge to vomit.
    He took several steps back, as if in fear, yet unable to tear his gaze away even as he fought back tears as he looked at the young man. He knew that he should not look, but he could not force himself to look away from that.
    “Isn’t it nice? I myself really like it.”
    Smiling unpleasantly, he raised that which he held in one hand.
    That which Mikiya could not tear his eyes away from.
    The red coated young man held in his hand, the head of one Touko Aozaki.

Touko’s head had indeed been cut off.
    It looked almost like she was still alive. A beautiful painting of how her closed eyes may have looked when she was sleeping.
    The only difference was that from the neck down nothing existed.
    “ah—”
    Mikiya could only keep himself from vomiting by putting a hand to cover his mouth. Other than keeping the contents of his stomach from coming up and suppressing his shock, there was nothing he could do.
    “The time for revenge has come at last, hasn’t it? Quite admirable really, how nice of a disciple Aozaki was. I’m envious of her.”
    The young man in the red coat stepped out of the elevator with a warped smile, a smile that looked plastered onto his face.
    “Look at your dead mentor! However, she is not completely dead yet. She still has a consciousness. That means she can still perceive outside sounds and understand those sounds. A mercy really. She burned me many times in the past, but I feel compelled to pay respect to her in death. I really thought she would live just a little bit longer.”
    So much red, a vivid crimson seemed to cover his figure as the man approached Mikiya. He had the nature of a devil leading others into temptation.
    “Why, you might ask? Simple really. Without this I would never be satisfied. Though I wish she had suffered more when it happened. No, I suppose you might misunderstand if I said that. I said suffering, but I don’t just mean her physical body. I mean, you know, it’s kind of small-minded to only care about physical pain, you know?”
    As he said this the young man placed his hands on the head he held. He stabbed his fingers directly into the eye sockets and caused fresh blood to spurt forth.
    Like a waterfall, blood streamed from the eyes and down her cheeks.
    The blood that welled up from her eyes gave her pupils a completely different appearance. They became no more than sphere-shaped pieces of flesh.
    The young man handed it over to the motionless Mikiya.
    “Look, she won’t say anything I bet. Don’t worry though, she still has the faculties to sense pain. Aozaki is just gritting through it, but I wonder how it feels to have one’s eyes gouged out? It must hurt right? Enough to make one cry! What do you think? You are her pupil after all, so you must know how she feels at least, right?
    Mikiya did not answer, He had been petrified since only a moment ago and had lost the ability to think.
    The red coated young man looked on in satisfaction.
    “Hahaha! It definitely hurt a lot, of that I can be sure! Honestly, I am more eager to humiliate her than I am to inflict pain. Being reduced to a head must be so humilitating, I’m sure. However, I have prepared one more level of disgrace. And for that reason I need you. Yes, you. Do you know the feeling of throwing salt onto an open wound? And then being unable to do anything about it afterwards? I can’t stand it personally. Killing something that is already broken doesn’t do it for me, I’m afraid. Do you understand? I hated this woman so much for ignoring me that I wanted to kill her. It’s wonderful! After all, where else could you get this kind of revenge? Araya may have been the one to actually kill her, but I still have to at least cherish this feeling for myself!”
    Without even lifting an eyebrow, the red coated young man squeezed the head he held in both hands and caused red tears to well up from its eye sockets.
    “When I knew I was going to be Aozaki’s pupil, I could hardly contain my joy. I’ve thus had my eye on you to compare. If you want to hate anyone, you should hate your mentor, not me. Don’t worry, I am not simply going to send you alone to hell. This head, I said so already right? She still lives, even in this form. But now—”
    Smiling madly, the young man applied his strength and crushed the head with his hands.
    Like an apple, Aozaki Touko split apart and fell to the ground.
    “There, now she is dead.”
    The man then laughed with enough force to reverberate across the entire lobby.
    Mikiya ran without saying anything. Seeing Touko reduced to a lump of flesh and then crushed before his eyes had rendered him senseless.
    Mikiya ran into the east tower lobby. He could not remember whether or not that side might have a dead end or not.
    Yet, it was commendable that he did not scream.
    “Now then, the curtain closes. Just a little longer now and I will be coming after you.”
    The young man stopped laughing and began slowly following after Mikiya. His hands which were now coated in blood dripped even more redness onto the floor.

Will you be translating Future Gospel and Final Record too? I can't seem to find any translation of Future Gospel, and I don't know the quality of the one we have for Final Record.

Ah thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

Btw, are there any pdfs or epubs for the Baka-tsuki translation?

Update: I couldn't find any pdfs or epubs of the Baka-tsuki translation, so I compiled the first volume myself
    Hope I was helpful

epub: ****************************file/d/13gf...ew?usp=sharing

pdf: ****************************file/d/1LCx...ew?usp=sharing
    Last edited by ProtoformX; May 22nd, 2022 at 04:50 AM. Reason: Updated files