Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Yu-Gi-Oh! Master Duel

JP Friend Code
    No they literally draws their entire deck on first turn after a bunch of synchro and link summons that I have no idea wtf happened till I see Exodia shows up.

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    So, the next event is apparently a N/R party where no Super or Ultra Rare cards are allowed.

Anyone got any interesting deck ideas they wanna share? I’m planning to try out my Malicevorous deck, if I toss out Astral Kuriboh and Barian’s Force then I’m all set. Stick a fork in my enemies, they’re done.
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

Blog Entries
    i'm playing ghostrick mill because the matches will take so long my opponent will surrender from the psychological damage

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Skull View Post
    So, the next event is apparently a N/R party where no Super or Ultra Rare cards are allowed.

Anyone got any interesting deck ideas they wanna share? I’m planning to try out my Malicevorous deck, if I toss out Astral Kuriboh and Barian’s Force then I’m all set. Stick a fork in my enemies, they’re done.
    Apparently Phantasm Spiral, Metalfoes, Majespecters and True Draco are the big favorites. I have no idea how any of those work to be honest (except Metalfoes a bit cuz they were in one of the solo gates) , but that's what people have been talking about.

As for me I'm probably just gonna ignore it like I did XYZ because holy shit pvp matches take too long. Apparently it's not because of the game, there's some sort of persistent connection issues that make every action take forever. Just noticed some sort of bad wi-fi notification the other day (I was playing basically sitting on the router).
    Last edited by Deathhappens; March 15th, 2022 at 07:04 AM.
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Katie View Post
    i'm playing ghostrick mill because the matches will take so long my opponent will surrender from the psychological damage
    Ah, I remember playing Ghostrick back in Duel Links and sucking because the deck is garbo without the use of the Main Phase 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Apparently Phantasm Spiral, Metalfoes, Majespecters and True Draco are the big favorites. I have no idea how any of those work to be honest (except Metalfoes a bit cuz they were in one of the solo gates) , but that's what people have been talking about.
    Yeah, I can really see a Metalfoes deck getting copypasta all over the place since it's real consistent and isn't really hurt by the restrictions.

I'll stick to my guns...or cutlery in this case.

'You cannot escape your hunger, Warriors of Purgatory' ResidentSeagull's Avatar
    A comprehensive guide to living in the Balkans: Step 1) Leave
    Fellas I finally caved in and jumped into OTK hell. As someone whose only real Yu-Gi-Oh! gameplay experience consisted of arguing with the rest of the wee lads about whether "???" is a higher attack value than "∞", I was a bit nervous about being able to catch up with the mechanics. That's why I'm happy that I found stuff like Pendulum and Link Summoning to be easy enough to understand, so that thankfully wasn't as much of an issue. Of course, I can't really read the essay on every single new card that I encounter, so I don't really know what the fuck is going on half of the time, but that has it's own charm and I do have to say the absolute degeneracy possible within this game does have a certain appeal that other more well balanced experiences like Legends of Runeterra don't.

I am currently running a Shaddoll deck. Most of the cards are there, so the rest is all fine tuning what I need to soup with it. Still, I can already tell that this archetype really seems to do it for me on both a gameplay and aesthetic level. Already had one or two really fun matches, and the stuff you can do with Shaddolls is really cool and makes me feel big brained when I do something right, so that's a big plus.
    Currently thinking of maybe making decks for Utopia and Blackwings, as well as Vendreads when I get a better idea on how to make them less sucky.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ResidentSeagull View Post
    whether "???" is a higher attack value than "∞"
    fuck that is a tough question
    Call me 想φαγω.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooncake View Post
    I get this vague feeling from your posts that you're looking down on people who don't share your view, which is what it is, but at least take a moment to snort some common sense between those hits of pretension.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    My opinion is better than your opinion, so it isn't up for debate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun
    Telling us that you're rich is not going to make anyone stop laughing at you for believing in self-insert NTR.
    You seriously underestimate the human potential for wanting to fuck stuff, my dude.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan
    Welcome to BL, new user. Don't forget to fate/stay mad

Blog Entries
    Welcome to the madhouse Seagull. Don't worry, the greatest enemy of most YGO players is reading comprehension so oftentimes I can cheese out a victory by correctly assuming my opponents won't bother reading the text of cards.

As someone whose only real Yu-Gi-Oh! gameplay experience consisted of arguing with the rest of the wee lads about whether "???" is a higher attack value than "∞", I was a bit nervous about being able to catch up with the mechanics.
    FWIW, "???" is treated as a base value of zero when it's not a specific number via effect.

Blog Entries
    I was gonna say that ??? is a more nuanced form of "x", thus being the most possibly incognitical variable ever, thus going so far as incomprehensible numbers and whatever else soup of drug numbers experimental mathematics can conjure, but then I realized that infinity might as well bundle all of that in. And then shit like infinity + 1 comes along and I just say no.
    Call me 想φαγω.
    Spoiler:
    I get this vague feeling from your posts that you're looking down on people who don't share your view, which is what it is, but at least take a moment to snort some common sense between those hits of pretension.
    Telling us that you're rich is not going to make anyone stop laughing at you for believing in self-insert NTR.
    You seriously underestimate the human potential for wanting to fuck stuff, my dude.

Yeah I fought a Sacred Beasts deck and each of them had "???" ATK and a "This card's ATK equals the number of eggs they shoved up their butthole x 1000" effect or something like that, so I assumed that's how "???" ATK worked.

And I have to say that while fighting decks like Drytron that Special Summon themselves and force you, as the opponent, to wait for 3 minutes a turn while they juggle half their entire goddamn deck from the GY to the field is cancer, when you actually beat them it's better than sex.
    Especially when you Super Poly one of their monsters into a monster that negates Special Summoning and they instantly D/C.

Now I see why people play this game.
    Last edited by ResidentSeagull; March 17th, 2022 at 08:37 AM.

JP Friend Code
    The waiting is so much worse IRL duels tbh. This game already accelerated things so much. I'm glad I don't have to wait 30mins for the enemy to set up their first turn like IRL.

Yeah I can imagine.

Yeah I fought a Sacred Beasts deck and each of them had "???" ATK and a "This card's ATK equals the number of eggs they shoved up their butthole x 1000" effect or something like that, so I assumed that's how "???" ATK worked.

And I have to say that while fighting decks like Drytron that Special Summon themselves and force you, as the opponent, to wait for 3 minutes a turn while they juggle half their entire goddamn deck from the GY to the field is cancer, when you actually beat them it's better than sex.
    Especially when you Super Poly one of their monsters into a monster that negates Special Summoning and they instantly D/C.

Now I see why people play this game.
    My rank up game for gold was against a Gem-Knight FTK deck that spent something like ten minutes on its opening turn, went through half its deck, shat a board full of powerful monsters, burned me for 5k damage and promptly surrendered (I assume because they intended to go for the full 8k but messed up somewhere along the line).

Meanwhile other than an Ash (which didn't stop them in the slightest) my hand was a complete brick LMAO
    Last edited by Deathhappens; March 18th, 2022 at 12:10 AM.
    shit BL says

It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    ladies, he's single

>Enemy throws Right-Hand Shark on the board
    >Called By my attempt to Ash the summon
    >Crooked Cook time
    >this is fine.jpg
    >next turn, Noble Brothers into Isolde into Artorigus with Clarent, Gallatine and Caliburn equipped
    >eat 3.5k direct damage bitch
    >turn after that, all the Noble Arms go poof as enemy Kaiju's Artorigus
    >but
    >they float
    >back onto Isolde
    >haven't even finished setting them down before the opponent scoops

I love the smell of outbitching a bitch deck in the morning.

- - - Updated - - -

In other news, I spent a fortune in gems building a tri-lyrical deck just to see what the fuss is about and I'm too scared to take it out to ranked so I keep trouncing the Dark Magician AI instead
    Last edited by Deathhappens; March 19th, 2022 at 03:48 AM.
    shit BL says

ladies, he's single

Blog Entries
    Currently thinking of maybe making decks for Utopia and Blackwings, as well as Vendreads when I get a better idea on how to make them less sucky.
    An extremely late response, but on the subject of Vendreads I would suggest experimenting with the "Impcantation" Archetype as they are designed as generic Ritual support to tech into any other Ritual deck to get you your Ritual monsters onto the field quick and dirty in exchange for locking you out of the Extra Deck that turn.

Quote Originally Posted by Skull View Post
    An extremely late response, but on the subject of Vendreads I would suggest experimenting with the "Impcantation" Archetype as they are designed as generic Ritual support to tech into any other Ritual deck to get you your Ritual monsters onto the field quick and dirty in exchange for locking you out of the Extra Deck that turn.
    I just checked them out and I thank you profoundly for the suggestion. I actually already made a "Vendread + a bit of Eldlich" deck to very lackluster results, and this seems like an interesting alternative to that. Damn people are NOT joking when they say a deck is bad, huh.

In any case aside from what I already mentioned I am currently really enjoying a "Galaxy-Eyes" deck which I made after buying "Rage of Cipher", only to learn in practice that it sucks a fat one. After souping it with the rest of the archetype it does a good job, though, so all's well that ends well I guess.

Currently also eyeing to make an Alien, Shark and non-cancer Eldlich deck (I know they're made for souping, but goddamn is Golden Boy cool looking).

Blog Entries
    ^ Cool beans~

As for myself, I was contemplating building a Frightfur Deck since I heard it was real good and I have several of the SRs and URs already from just random draws...but then I nixed that idea after looking at the cards themselves. Call me petty but I don't wanna play with a bunch of censored art cards with the blades all replaced with lightsabers.

I just got destroyed by a PK deck that turbo'd out 5 material Heroic Champion Rhongomyniad plus a ton of other effects and cards, all off the back of a single Tour Guide to the Underworld. I wouldn't feel so bad (getting bodied is the peril of playing a non-meta deck, after all) but that was just after I got OTK'd by Numerons going second... after full power tri-lyrilusc with Barrier Statue, Ensemblue Robin, Shuraig and Apex Avian on board t1... after the D.D. Dynamite OTK deck... basically, can I please go back to fighting BEWD and Ciphers again? Heck, I'll even take Exodia coinflip FTK over this.
    shit BL says

ladies, he's single

Blog Entries
    I love reading posts filled to the brim with jargon and yours was not enough

Try harder
    Call me 想φαγω.
    Spoiler:

I actually tried to make the post readable by including the full name of some cards at least.
    shit BL says

ladies, he's single