Page 1 of 8 1236 ... LastLast

Thread: Yu-Gi-Oh! Master Duel

Yu-Gi-Oh! Master Duel

General discussion (TN: complaining) thread. Post IDs to arrange games too if you want, I'll compile them in this post if there's enough.

cmon nerds, i know you're playing it

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    It's time to D-d-d-duel!

It's pretty fun. I'm speeding through the Ranked Duels like a Rokket Man~

(No prize for guessing that I run a Rokket deck.)
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

I boomersomely made a Rose Dragon Synchro deck, realised it's shit, made a Dragonmaid alt like a proper sheep, and now the game is fun except for when it becomes torturously unfun. Floowandereeze when?

Blog Entries
    218-996-269

I'm also a Dragonmaid user, because YGO is about playing cool dragons or cute girls, so being inbetween those is optimal.

God the "t1" decks are unfun to "play" against.

Blog Entries
    Since I've been watching VRAINS recently, I've been wanting to challenge myself by building a Tindangle deck to see just how far I can take a Flip-Monster based deck (and also because I love Lovecraft). I don't expect to get KoG or anything, but I want to see how viable I can make it - I am quickly realising just how powerful Prediction Princess Coinorma is, upon being Flipped she special summons *any* LV3 or higher Flip Monster from your Hand/Deck in Facedown position? Going from her straight to my LV7 Tindangle Hound is wicked awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    Floowandereeze when?
    I see you too are a man of culture. Unfortunately they're still not back from flying south for the winter. Please wait warmly for spring.

If making weird or janky decks for fun wasn't always such an investment of resources AND there was an unranked mode, this game would be much better. I'm also looking for something else to play but when every archetype has its URs regardless of competitive viability it's pretty hard to justify crafting, let alone spending gems you'd rather use pulling packs for something you'll actually want to play ranked with.

Blog Entries
    Is this any good? My prior experience with Yu-Gi-Oh was that pay-to-win mobile game, playing at school poorly, and having this big-ass, awesome, probably kind of shit pirated deck. Also are there mtx
    Call me 想φαγω.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooncake View Post
    I get this vague feeling from your posts that you're looking down on people who don't share your view, which is what it is, but at least take a moment to snort some common sense between those hits of pretension.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    My opinion is better than your opinion, so it isn't up for debate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun
    Telling us that you're rich is not going to make anyone stop laughing at you for believing in self-insert NTR.
    Quote Originally Posted by ResidentSeagull View Post
    You seriously underestimate the human potential for wanting to fuck stuff, my dude.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan
    Welcome to BL, new user. Don't forget to fate/stay mad

The biggest positive is that you can make absolutely any deck you want with the free resources offered at the moment, or a number equal to that of the alternate Steam accounts you're willing to juggle. Your experience will range from fun to miserable depending on how competitive a deck you're playing and which rank you're hanging out in. You can use your dollarydoos to buy shiny stones that you use to gamble on pieces of virtual cardboard but the prices are a joke and no one really does it afaict.

If you're gonna try it then weigh the options between something that looks appealing and something that people say is good, google some combos either way, and spend time in solo mode to get a sense of how to play it. It will get you some more shiny stones and be much less frustrating than trying to figure out what you're doing while getting your head dunked in a toilet in ranked.

Blog Entries
    It’s also worth mentioning the game has Structure Decks, both in the Store and the ones you get by completing campaigns in Solo Mode so you don’t have to worry about Deck building if you’ve been absent from the yugioh scene for a while, you can ease yourself in with them before making any big moves to craft your own deck.

US Friend Code
    I haven't played Yu-Gi-Oh since the days of the school playground and, my only exposure to rules introduced after the original is from half-finishing watching GX, 5D's, and Arc-V. So when I picked this up today there's been a pretty steep learning curve but I think I'm addicted.

I don't know if I'll actually play this. Most of my experience is from the World Championship video games, I've never played against actual people before.
    If I did, I'd probably use something like Salamangreat or Rokkets first. Or maybe @Ignister, Mattmetch, or Raidraptors. Sky Strikers always seemed interesting to me with the way that archetype works, and it's very good too.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Bob the Builder's evil twin.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Palingenesis just sounds like we're creating Sarah Palin.

Spoiler:
    >tfw you betray your ideals to get some

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    In short, Japan's syncretism BS striked again.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    Sky Strikers are cute.

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Buddy who doesn't even play mobage got me into Duel Links last week, so I guess I am maybe in for this one as well

I don't understand links
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

Blog Entries
    I have a problem, every time I see something cool appear in VRAINS I immediately go out and blow my gems and craft materials on getting that particular archetype but I typically only get about halfway through collecting the cards before VRAINS introduces a new character and I start obsessing over their cards instead. Now I have a bunch of half-complete decks that are useless to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    I don't understand links
    Understandable, the meme is that Pendulums are nonsensical but I've always felt that Links are harder to grasp, especially if you hadn't watched the anime like me.

Essentially, Links can be split into two camps, support for Non-Link Archetypes and Pure Link decks. The former was created for when Master Rule 4 restricted your ability to special summon from the Extra Deck but now with Master Rule 5 they're kinda redundant but can still have cool effects for their archetype. The Pure Link decks however tend to work in a climbing fashion whereby you take advantage of the fact that a single Link-2 monster can serve as 2 Link materials so you would only need one other monster to make a Link-3 summon and so forth.

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    I actually found Pendulums pretty easy to get (silly concept and powercreep up the wazoo notwithstanding). Set monsters as spells to create a scale, spam aummon everything from your hand in between those scales. Links confuse me because of the new zones and the whole Master Rule 4/5 nonsense.
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

You can also Pendulum Summon Pendulum Monsters from the Extra Deck to the Extra Monster Zone and Monster Zones that Link Monster's Link Arrows point since instead of being sent to the graveyard if they're destroyed or tributed face-up on the field, they're instead sent to the Extra Deck face-up able to be brought back. Before Master Rule 4, Link Monsters didn't exist and neither did the Extra Monster Zone, so you could just Pendulum Summon from the Extra Deck to the main monsters zones. This of course, made them really good compared to now. And then came Master Rule 4.

https://yugipedia.com/wiki/Link_Monster
    https://yugipedia.com/wiki/Link_Summon
    I can see it being hard to understand if you don't have the benefit of watching the anime to learn all this.
    - - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Skull View Post
    I have a problem, every time I see something cool appear in VRAINS I immediately go out and blow my gems and craft materials on getting that particular archetype but I typically only get about halfway through collecting the cards before VRAINS introduces a new character and I start obsessing over their cards instead. Now I have a bunch of half-complete decks that are useless to me.

Understandable, the meme is that Pendulums are nonsensical but I've always felt that Links are harder to grasp, especially if you hadn't watched the anime like me.

Essentially, Links can be split into two camps, support for Non-Link Archetypes and Pure Link decks. The former was created for when Master Rule 4 restricted your ability to special summon from the Extra Deck but now with Master Rule 5 they're kinda redundant but can still have cool effects for their archetype. The Pure Link decks however tend to work in a climbing fashion whereby you take advantage of the fact that a single Link-2 monster can serve as 2 Link materials so you would only need one other monster to make a Link-3 summon and so forth.
    Ouch.
    Last edited by Laserman; February 10th, 2022 at 12:59 PM.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Bob the Builder's evil twin.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:
    Palingenesis just sounds like we're creating Sarah Palin.

Spoiler:
    >tfw you betray your ideals to get some

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    In short, Japan's syncretism BS striked again.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

Blog Entries
    I'm going to say this as respectfully as possible, but Yu-Gi-Oh is the most shining example of how not to make a very complex game. Like, it is so on the nose how tacked on and half baked every post-2005 mechanic is, and it just feels like a mechanical bloat creep than a very heavy feature set that works very well together. I'm not opposed to games that have central mechanics that are really, really complicated with a lot of caveats and what not, as long as it's well balanced, everything has its own niche, and it's logically put out, with the caveats being put in place in an easy to understand way, and lots of simmetry between mechanics, thus making it easier to understand further but retaining the sheer complexity. Yu-Gi-Oh is very much not that, at least looking at it from the outside.
    Call me 想φαγω.
    Spoiler:
    I get this vague feeling from your posts that you're looking down on people who don't share your view, which is what it is, but at least take a moment to snort some common sense between those hits of pretension.
    Telling us that you're rich is not going to make anyone stop laughing at you for believing in self-insert NTR.
    You seriously underestimate the human potential for wanting to fuck stuff, my dude.

Perspective makes you think you're right. Escavalien's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Temflakes403 View Post
    I'm going to say this as respectfully as possible, but Yu-Gi-Oh is the most shining example of how not to make a very complex game. Like, it is so on the nose how tacked on and half baked every post-2005 mechanic is, and it just feels like a mechanical bloat creep than a very heavy feature set that works very well together. I'm not opposed to games that have central mechanics that are really, really complicated with a lot of caveats and what not, as long as it's well balanced, everything has its own niche, and it's logically put out, with the caveats being put in place in an easy to understand way, and lots of simmetry between mechanics, thus making it easier to understand further but retaining the sheer complexity. Yu-Gi-Oh is very much not that, at least looking at it from the outside.
    From what I can tell, mostly through friends and a little bit of trying it out myself over the years in very small doses the complicated mess vibe is YGO's own niche in the card game market, and that covers both the good and bad.

Blog Entries
    That seems very agreeable, I just don't want it to ever be the case that it stands as the primary example of complicated games, and thus suggesting that complicated games cannot be not messy.
    Call me 想φαγω.
    Spoiler:

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Temflakes403 View Post
    I'm going to say this as respectfully as possible, but Yu-Gi-Oh is the most shining example of how not to make a very complex game. Like, it is so on the nose how tacked on and half baked every post-2005 mechanic is,
    Goat Duels Await You...

Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.