Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 25678 LastLast

Thread: Yu-Gi-Oh! Master Duel

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    What's a fair card, precious?
    Something that doesn't cause this I imagine...

From YCS 2022

For real, having multiple Chain-9's on the first turn is when you realise something has gone wrong in the game...
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Oh yes, the sudden uptick in whining about Tearlaments is definitely making me look forward to them. Either I like the deck so I win, or I don't like it and am forced to quit Master Duel... so I win again!
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    What's a fair card, precious?
    I literally explained my rationale with specific examples a few posts ago bro.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Skull View Post
    For real, having multiple Chain-9's on the first turn is when you realise something has gone wrong in the game...
    I actually think that quirk of the deck is quite cool, the chaotic clusterfucks of YGO are cool. What isn't quite cool is when 78% of top 32 are Tearlaments Ishizu, and 14/16 of top 16 are Tearlaments Ishizu. That's the sign something went wrong.

It was a rhetorical question. Your definition is clearly not universal.
    shit BL says

It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    ladies, he's single

Blog Entries
    Nah but it's definitely closer to how most people feel

Blog Entries
    Damn, just had the craziest duel last night.

I was testing out my new Mako Tsunami deck in Ranked when I came across this player with a supercharged Rokket deck that turbo'd out their Link-5 Borrelend Dragon turn 1. I was initially baffled as to how I was going to get past that, but I eventually managed it only for the opponent to bring out a tag team of Access Codetalker and Red Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon the very next turn. Daunted I continued on and destroyed both of them but of course the opponent wasn't down and so they summoned Borrelload Savage Dragon and equipped Borrelend so that it had 5 counters on it to negate my plays. It became both a stalemate and a race against time as I was frantically trying to get rid of the counters one by one as the turns passed and the opponent regenerated their hand resources. Unfortunately I was one turn too late as just as I got rid of the final counter, the opponent managed to summon out a bunch more monsters and finish me off.

Still, I was pretty proud of myself for being able to last that long with a deck I had no experience with~

Blog Entries
    So...Is anyone else taking part in the "Anti-Spell Festival"? The gimmick being no spell cards allowed obviously. As usual the Loaner Decks are...well, calling them a mixed bag would be generous.

It is curious that Konami didn't think to ban Anti-Monster and Anti-Trap cards from this event specifically and so I'm already seeing some Jinzo decks that if they go first can completely lock you down unless you draw a Kaiju or something.

So...Is anyone else taking part in the "Anti-Spell Festival"? The gimmick being no spell cards allowed obviously. As usual the Loaner Decks are...well, calling them a mixed bag would be generous.

It is curious that Konami didn't think to ban Anti-Monster and Anti-Trap cards from this event specifically and so I'm already seeing some Jinzo decks that if they go first can completely lock you down unless you draw a Kaiju or something.
    Dinomorphia loaner is pretty fun if entirely one-dimensional, so that's what I'm playing now. Not big brain enough to handle the Pendmage deck and I'm just not touching Amazements, idc.

I was actually putting together an Altergeist deck for the event (hoping to complete the core of my dumb Evil☆Twins deck while I was at it) but I failed on both counts. Now I'm considering whether it's worth investing the Anti-Spell Festival gems in it or just calling it quits.
    shit BL says

ladies, he's single

Blog Entries
    Oh my, just looked at the notice for the upcoming update and seeing the Ishizu cards among the newest pack is spicy~

No Tearlament from the looks of things though, so we dodged a bullet for the time being. I'm much more interested in building a G Golem deck though since I haven't touched anything Link related since dismantling my Rokket deck after Revolver came to Duel Links.

Blog Entries
    The Ishizu cards without any of the cards to actually play them in (Vernusylph for Madolche/Naturia, the new Naturia cards, Champion Sargas for Spriggans, and Tear) feels a little weird to me, especially since they've been pre-hit? It feels like a filler update that won't change the metagame and the longer I have to play against Runick Spright the more insane I will become.

Blog Entries
    ^ Thinking about it, I suspect it’s for nostalgia purposes so that Genwunners like me who adore it when old characters get retrained cards will dive into the pack. But by keeping it separate from Tear and company, they allow it to be unsullied by toxic strategies for a time at least, and let people enjoy the nostalgia bait.

I just want Lady Labrynth, Labrynth has been consistently one of the funnest decks for me in the past few months. Altergeist was a bust (even in Legend Anthology deck is just slow as sin), a D/D/D deck I tried putting together is still making my brain hurt, Evil☆Twins need too many URs (though I may end yp trying the Spright variants if I ever manage to draw any Spright Blues, since I've been pulling this pack for Deer Note and got nothimg nut Neos URs so far) and VW just ain't cutting it in the current meta without VFD.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh yeah, Vampire Zombies with the new Structure are pretty nice for messing around in silver/low gold. I'm trying to find a good list to mix in some PUNKs if I can manage it, and fortunately Grass is dead so I don't have to craft the extra cards to fill out a deck of 60.
    Last edited by Deathhappens; March 8th, 2023 at 11:23 AM.
    shit BL says

ladies, he's single

Surpass her level, if you dare. hayate's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Tried a poorly built Runick/Vtuber deck yesterday...

Konami be trippin when they made these cards.

Lasted 17 turns against a meta deck before I won. Vtubers revive themselves again and again while I decimate their deck by banishing cards. Costed me my battle phases with runick's effect so welp.
    Not dealing with it...

Why even try?

This is golden...
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    Lol Ishtarin went full Aqua
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimus View Post
    I've seen people in this forum spend the GDP of a third world country into Grand Order
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    Yeah, there's a saying that you should strive for perfection knowing full well you won't achieve it. Saber looked at it and said "Hold my Beer"
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    And then all her friends resented her for it.

Quote Originally Posted by hayate View Post
    Tried a poorly built Runick/Vtuber deck yesterday...

Konami be trippin when they made these cards.

Lasted 17 turns against a meta deck before I won. Vtubers revive themselves again and again while I decimate their deck by banishing cards. Costed me my battle phases with runick's effect so welp.
    I've heard of Runick Spright and Live Twin Spright, but that's the first I've ever heard of a Runick Live Twin deck. I suspect you'd probably have fared better with just pure Runick, that deck is absurd while Fountain is unlimited.
    shit BL says

ladies, he's single

Blog Entries
    The endtimes are approaching as Tearlaments are on the horizon (alongside Vernusyplph and new Amazoness and Melffy cards), but fortunately they have been knee-capped.

Newly Limited:
    Tearlaments Kitkallos
    Primeval Planet Perlereino

Newly Semi-Limited:
    Tearlaments Havnis
    Tearlaments Merrli
    Tearlaments Scheiren

Will this be enough to limit their awesome power? I guess time will only tell...

Blog Entries
    Will this be enough to limit their awesome power?
    nope

Blog Entries
    in order to kill tear the TCG banned kitkallos (the major ED starter/extender) and put every single main deck card to 1 (except reinoheart and perlereino) and also put every single ishizu card to 1

this still has not stopped people from trying to play it (somehow there was a top32 at YCS los angeles which happened last week).

Realistically, those limits don't stop the deck, just make it marginally more inconsistent. Perlereino at 1 means that they're down searchability as well as having a convenient pop OPT when they fuse, but with Reinoheart at 3 and a Reinforcement of the Army you have 4 chances to guarantee any Tear name in the grave anyway and get going. Kitkallos at 1 only stops immensely cheesy Instant Fusion + Tear name starts and the deck can quite easily play without it when you have a billion ways to recycle it (fusing + the Ishizu reshufflers, which I believe aren't hit). Tear also has access to way more psychotic tools such as That Grass Looks Greener and Fairy Tail Snow at 3 so I expect a fair amount of 60 card piles to also be played, and I'd argue despite these hits, these two cards alone might mean Tear could be stronger in MD relative to how strong it was IRL in both sides of the pond. At the very least, much sackier.

As for the metagame, I'm honestly quite scared. Unless this new pack comes with Bystials (doubtful), Tear is essentially unchecked. Spright failed to hold a candle against it and its greatest counter, Floowandereeze, has already been hit by the critical banning of Barrier Statue of the Stormwinds. Climbing in MD will be an incredible pain and might be the worst it ever will be, because Tear matches, and especially the mirror, are very long. If you want to play the counter deck, that's Exosister with Dimension Shifter, but from experience I can tell you that you need to open a good hand going first and it's almost impossible to win going second.

Blog Entries
    In the meantime, as we wait for the bass drop that is Tear. I’ve been experimenting with the Ishizu cards since I’ve never run mill tactics before.

At at first I tried to play it straight sand marrow with a pure Earth-Fairy deck which was supported by the Cataclysmic dude as well as some of the Timelords to stall for time. But that clearly wasn’t working without the Vernuslyph cards so I went in hard in pure mill and fused together a Ishizu-Worm-Iron Chain combination to aggressively mill whilst trying to exploit cards like Dark Bug to resurrect my milled Tuners to go into my Synchro boss monsters (who also mill).

The deck is still terrible and doesn’t work at all in ranked, but it’s fun to mess around with in Casual at least.

Worm

Iron Chain

Ishizu

wow, tag force 4 me would be proud
    shit BL says

ladies, he's single

Blog Entries
    Looks like as part of the 25th Anniversary, we're getting a brand new Monster Type in YGO which is a callback.

"Illusionist" a card type briefly used in the early manga, mainly by Pegasus for cards relating to Relinquished and shows up in some of the early video games as well as a card type for monsters relating to illusions, hypnotism and/or reality warping.

But rather than Pegasus, the debuting cards are instead a reference to Yugi Muto - specifically they are retrains of Gazelle and Berfomet with a brand new fusion monster and corresponding fusion spell.

Wonder how long it'll take before we get all this in Master Duel.