Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Elden Ring

Blog Entries
    rolling and running has the same input button, so if you hold the button longer than a few millisecond it will have delays. or maybe that's a graphic settings issue.
    Check out the officialTM Create-a-Servant discord server

Blindfold your eyes, so that the approaching night may strike no fear in you.
    Let it not burden your soul, nor numb your strides.

マリーの味方
    misbegotten warrior was a massive pain wow.

Spoiler:
    there's nothing better than a kino battle between two warriors giving it their all and then a bitch ass knight hiding behind his shield interrupts the fight to stab one of the guys.
    i think the worst part for me is it feels like you have to kill misbegotten first, so you essentially need to get through an entire boss just to learn the attack patterns of the second boss. unlike ornstein/smough where it's very do-able either way

i still think a misbegotten warrior fight where he has more hp, phase 2, and no buddy would be an absolute kino fight. his moveset is really fun to fight against. leonine doesn't count either as he has no hp/phase 2

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Yeah, you can definitely feel the input lag.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamera View Post
    rolling and running has the same input button, so if you hold the button longer than a few millisecond it will have delays. or maybe that's a graphic settings issue.
    It's iffy, you can sometimes tap it really quickly to get a roll that feels like a Dark Souls roll, but most of the time it's like the character will hesitate.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

Blog Entries
    I guess i'll watch the stream or two to judge it
    it also would ruin the game for me if i decide to play it but nothing to be done

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    I found Blackreach, lmao. Again, not its actual name.

Really beautiful place, with some pretty creepy enemies.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

Blog Entries
    of course Margaret has a second boss fight lol

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by eddyak View Post
    It's iffy, you can sometimes tap it really quickly to get a roll that feels like a Dark Souls roll, but most of the time it's like the character will hesitate.
    Fixed it on my version. You change from fullscreen to borderless windowed.
    The roll also happens on button release, not press.
    Last edited by You; February 28th, 2022 at 02:38 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamera View Post
    of course Margaret has a second boss fight lol
    Yeah, he yells at you to watch your back when you're alone at night when you beat him the first time.

Still haven't seen him the second time, hopefully I'll have an actual weapon then.

On that note, is anyone else baffled at the lack of interesting weapon options? I've found four ultra weapons, three of them have been in every Souls game so far, and the last one's basically just a part of the throne of swords that's been surgically removed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Fixed it on my version. You change from fullscreen to borderless windowed.
    The roll also happens on button release, not press.
    Ooh, I'll try that then.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

Blog Entries
    So I hadn’t really been that interested cause I don’t really like dark souls or other masochist games, but I did like jedi souls, so how’s the story in this? Is it actually fun or is it just another exercise in self harming ideation?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Blog Entries
    On that note, is anyone else baffled at the lack of interesting weapon options? I've found four ultra weapons, three of them have been in every Souls game so far, and the last one's basically just a part of the throne of swords that's been surgically removed.
    So far the only half decent weapons I found are katanas, but katanas are deathly boring. I saw an invader using some bullshit giant spiky Hammer or some sort once, wonder how I can get one of those...

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six OnesFleetingGlory's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Yeah, he yells at you to watch your back when you're alone at night when you beat him the first time.

Still haven't seen him the second time, hopefully I'll have an actual weapon then.
    There is a second fight with Margit.
    Spoiler:
    Just under different name, Morgott.

'You cannot escape your hunger, Warriors of Purgatory' ResidentSeagull's Avatar
    A comprehensive guide to living in the Balkans: Step 1) Leave
    Managed to beat Elemer. What a fucking frustrating boss. Fuck the Shaded Castle in general.

The fight is doable once you understand that you need to stick to his ass every second.

At least the sword you get from him is cool.

Blog Entries
    i wish Nasu took note on the Ancestral Spirit boss before writing Tunguska

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    God, I hate Radahn's fight right now.

Maybe it's just me being tired, but holy shit is it inconsistent, the camera is the worst fucking thing in the universe I can't believe Fromsoft haven't even bothered to think of a solution for that that in all these years (seriously, even Ubisoft managed this, just look at fucking For Honor), and this gigantic shithead with a really fucking cool set of swords I really wanna take off his corpse is pretty hard to learn right now.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

US Friend Code
    Radahn is a bit different from other Soulsborne bosses, since it's dangerous to take him on alone. His boss area has a lot of summon signs that can be used indefinitely for helps, so they're usable again some time after the NPC dies, and the vast field means using the horse is crucial to gain distance while NPCs distract him and chip down his HP then close in for a hit or two.

Might be more difficult and take longer to beat him with melee classes, while ranged build makes it feel safer to attack him without getting too close.

Hopefully someday I come back to this statement and reflect how wrong I was, but

boss name spoiler
    I really am not enjoying the Malenia fight, due to one specific move and the gimmick in general

- - - Updated - - -

Worst part of Radahn is easily his meteors that screw you over when the camera isn't looking (though I'm fairly sure I went there too early)

Blog Entries
    idk, i might have accidentally cheesed Radahn because horseback magic spam is basically god mode and you have infinite amount of disposable melee distractions to keep him busy.

- - - Updated - - -

fuck his homing meteors though, never figured out the timing of when they would actually shoot

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Zurvan View Post
    Hopefully someday I come back to this statement and reflect how wrong I was, but

boss name spoiler
    I really am not enjoying the Malenia fight, due to one specific move and the gimmick in general

- - - Updated - - -

Worst part of Radahn is easily his meteors that screw you over when the camera isn't looking (though I'm fairly sure I went there too early)
    This has nothing to do with strategy, I just want to comment on the boss' design.

Spoiler Boss design
    I really love the design of her Goddess of Rot phase. The Scarlet Rot disease all over her body after her fight with Radahn, and her wings which consist of butterflies are interesting take too. Butterflies are known to feast on rotting flesh, which is pretty symbolic way to represent what kind of demigod she is.

マリーの味方
    Radahn is a dumb boss fight, yes. Even ignoring the meteors or his dumb hitboxes, the intro to the fight (although cool at first) makes attempting him just very exhausting.

Also the horse is dumb

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Nanaya's Avatar
    Games been very fun. Been enjoying the pvp. I went solo first playthrough and still haven't tried it on second but I imagine coop is super fun with how the invasions play out. Game is very engrossing with the pvp and exploration and awesome battles. I really dig the world building here. It's pretty amazing. Over 100 hours since release night lol. The characters feel a lot more present here. Hewg finally dethroned andre as best smith for me.