Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Elden Ring

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    I mean more in presentation, Miyazaki's stories are sparse and minimalist, Nasu is dense and very wordy.
    Fair enough, but I'm thinking more of something like how they got George R. R. Martin to write just the foundational mythology of the setting. Also, I think the "item description lore" of From Soft games and Type Moon's "material book lore" type of approach are close enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Zurvan View Post
    Gae Bolg except you need to frame perfect dodge roll to defy fate

Tbh I wouldn't even say that TM stories are somber enough for the usual devaying world state in from soft games
    Yeah, that's why I specify the Lostbelts. Thinking about it, the concept of the Fantasy Trees and the Erdtree are kinda similar.
    Check out the officialTM Create-a-Servant discord server

Blindfold your eyes, so that the approaching night may strike no fear in you.
    Let it not burden your soul, nor numb your strides.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamera View Post
    Spoiler:
    Someone dug into the date files and found yet unused/undiscovered lines for a potential secret ending, so there's that.
    Do you have like a concrete source on this that isn't just rumors, because I heard similar stuff but I can't find the origin of it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Petrikow View Post
    Do you have like a concrete source on this that isn't just rumors, because I heard similar stuff but I can't find the origin of it.
    Spoiler:
    http://web.archive.org/web/202203071...moe/f3r1gp.xml

Among other things, it lists "Age of Absolute" as one of the Endings, which has yet to be discovered or is perhaps a cut content. There's also a few unused dialogues related to the unfinished Nepheli Loux and Alexander questlines.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Thanks, that's interesting.

I do fear it might be cut content however, given some of the other stuff in there.

Blog Entries
    the butt slams are now my favorite ash of war

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle sentence's Avatar
    I just realised that he looks like Human King Goetia with more "realistic" style (red hair, half of the body missing):

Spoiler:

Also is it me or does he looks like female in the cutscene before fight?
    Does he represents other bosses like Soul of Cinder represented Gwyn and other Lords?

Regardless, I really like both him and Elden Beast. Great design.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by OnesFleetingGlory View Post
    Thanks. Well, I could see which part Nasu would take inspiration from, particularly
    Spoiler:
    the final boss. The design just screams "Galaxy Incarnate!"
    It looks like actual Beast/alien entity.
    I wish our Seventh Beast is more Beast-like, for now it's just a woman in clown costume who speaks like cartoon villain, I hope there is at least a twist to it.
    Last edited by sentence; March 23rd, 2022 at 08:37 PM.

マリーの味方
    Quote Originally Posted by sentence View Post
    Also is it me or does he looks like female in the cutscene before fight?
    Spoiler:
    Radagon and Queen Marika are one and the same at the point you meet them. I think it's still up to debate in the community whether they were always the same or whether they merged at some point (the latter makes more sense to me) but yeah, they're the same person basically now and there are a few hidden details in game which outright state this

Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post
    Spoiler:
    Radagon and Queen Marika are one and the same at the point you meet them. I think it's still up to debate in the community whether they were always the same or whether they merged at some point (the latter makes more sense to me) but yeah, they're the same person basically now and there are a few hidden details in game which outright state this
    Spoiler:

Wait, how does the plot makes sense in this case?

Radagon's Hammer description says that Marika shattered the Elden Ring while he tried to fix it.

Also it was said that Marika summoned Tarnished back to the world and wanted them to become Elden Lord, but Radagon fights them and doesn't want it.

And if they're the same, this means player killing Marika too by killing Radagon, so there is no god anymore? How can the Tarnished become the Elden Lord then?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Spoiler:
    Marika's shattered body is clearly still there after the battle.

Interacting with it is what triggers the ending. Marika cannot be killed, as per Gideon. In every ending except for the Frenzied Flame and Age of Stars ending, Marika is still alive, serving (now perhaps unwittingly) as the God of the Lands Between, with you as her consort, the new Elden Lord.

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    250+ hours, NG+ started, mostly so that I can do NPC questlines since they're not bugged in this patched version.

I see that the early mobs/bosses are very much glass cannons at this stage of the game, as is usual of the From NG+ behaviors.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

Now, the question. In the pre-release game trailer they showed a bunch of demigods fighting and some dude looking on light which seems to be entrance to boss fight/Erdtree (right after Ring's shattering sequence):

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    Is that Miquella, as that's clearly not any of the other demigods, and the theme of trailer seems to be them, or player character?

Or just abandoned concept?

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Nanaya's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sentence View Post
    Now, the question. In the pre-release game trailer they showed a bunch of demigods fighting and some dude looking on light which seems to be entrance to boss fight/Erdtree (right after Ring's shattering sequence):

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    Is that Miquella, as that's clearly not any of the other demigods, and the theme of trailer seems to be them, or player character?

Or just abandoned concept?
    Looks like
    Marika to me. The cracks remind me of Marika/Radagon. Scene is probably switching between them or some sort of screwy timeline presentation.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Spoiler:
    It's clearly Marika

Simping
    Radahn vs Malenia
    Leave it to nerds to make this the main point of discussion until you get sick of it. I don't even.

Quote Originally Posted by Petrikow View Post
    Spoiler:
    It's clearly Marika
    Spoiler:
    I cleared NG+ and still barely understand the lore behind Marika.
    It is said that Marika gives Grace to the MC so he can become Elden Lord.
    However the Erdtree rejects the entrance and MC has to burn Tree to enter, and inside of the tree Marika herself tries to kill the MC.

Does this mean it was actually Greater Will who gave the Grace and whenever Fingers and NPCs talk about Marika's will, it is Greater Will, wanting to restore the Order?
    (Gideon in the beginning of his fight also says that Marika's will is for them to struggle for eternity.)

From what I can tell...

Spoiler:
    Grace is either Marika's revenge or the influence of an entirely different Outer God. Marika has lost herself in grief at the deaths of her children despite having sealed away death itself, causing her to try and shatter the elden ring. Radagon attempted to repair it (so they were both smacking it, as per the intro cutscene which ultimately led to the current situation where Marika is imprisoned and Radagon as the protector. Marika herself seems utterly broken, so my own SPECULATION is that she awakened her (possibly first) hidden child Melina aka the Gloam eyed Queen and awakening champions of old through grace to end this stalemate of a world.

But there's a lot of speculation there and I should check some more lore stuff out anyway.

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Friend of mine came to visit couple weeks ago, had Elden Ring on Steam, insisted on sharing. I wasn't that hyped about it but sure, installed it and played a bit along with him for the heck of it. End result: I'm now some hundred hours in throwing an easy 5-6h a day and not playing anything else. Help.

- - - Updated - - -

Ranni is cute but I kinda don't want to betray Melina as first girl best girl, gonna see what endings I can unlock without looking stuff up (much) and see where I end up.
    Last edited by Deathhappens; September 29th, 2022 at 06:13 PM.
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

I love how varied the approach can be to describing & analyzing Elden Ring's lore.

Something atmospheric like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkgGK-UJkkg or something bound to classics like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lbdzdpqvq4c

Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Friend of mine came to visit couple weeks ago, had Elden Ring on Steam, insisted on sharing. I wasn't that hyped about it but sure, installed it and played a bit along with him for the heck of it. End result: I'm now some hundred hours in throwing an easy 5-6h a day and not playing anything else. Help.

- - - Updated - - -

Ranni is cute but I kinda don't want to betray Melina as first girl best girl, gonna see what endings I can unlock without looking stuff up (much) and see where I end up.
    Melina is best girl. And the game was goated. Radahn is the true goat though. I love that character.
    E// I checked out that video world. I love how Fromsoft games are a giant interpretive rabbit hole.
    Last edited by Nanaya; October 2nd, 2022 at 12:52 AM.

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nanaya View Post
    Melina is best girl. And the game was goated. Radahn is the true goat though. I love that character.
    E// I checked out that video world. I love how Fromsoft games are a giant interpretive rabbit hole.
    I was super hyped for fighting Radahn, but they had to make it a dumb horseback battle+ all those NPC summons make it a joke. Sure, I could ignore those things and just go solo and on foot, but I can only enjoy so much pain.
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.