Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Fate/Requiem New Translation Master Thread

US Friend Code
    Do you mean Euclides? Erice is in GO, she has Lancer and Avenger versions.

Oops— yeah, I meant Euclides. It was a typo ><'

Something I've been meaning to ask:
    Anyone know if a raw text dump of Requiem exists somewhere? Anytime I need to look something up or do term checking kindle goes out of its way to make it a massive pain in the ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Coggy View Post
    Something I've been meaning to ask:
    Anyone know if a raw text dump of Requiem exists somewhere? Anytime I need to look something up or do term checking kindle goes out of its way to make it a massive pain in the ass.
    I've prepared raw JP PDFs of both volumes:

****************************drive/folde...-E?usp=sharing

If you want something a bit more...horizontal...I'll see what I can do in a few days.
    • /r/grandorder Mod. Feel free to contact for any issues or questions.
    • Creating the ultimate TM content archive. Still WIP.
      https://tri-hermes.org/

Quote Originally Posted by BlameLib View Post
    If you want something a bit more...horizontal...I'll see what I can do in a few days.
    No, this is perfect, thank you so much. My problem is that I can't actually copy text out of kindle (for anti-piracy protection or something you're only allowed to copy directly from the LN like 6 times) so ANY TIME I want to look up a kanji or term for checking I have to highlight, click "search for text in book" and then copy it with weird gaps and shit making any term checking take an extra minute or two instead of like 3 seconds. This'll save me a ton of time.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    That's only a thing in the mobile version. You're free to copy to your hearts content in the PC version. The only drawback is that if you copy

「無論」

it'll come out as

「無論」成田 良悟. Fate/strange Fake(7) (電撃文庫) (p. 253). 株式会社KADOKAWA. Edição do Kindle.

But erasing the extra text is a lot less time-consuming than taking the mobile workarounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    That's only a thing in the mobile version. You're free to copy to your hearts content in the PC version. The only drawback is that if you copy.
    Hm, that's odd, I get the issue on my PC. Maybe it's a bug and I should update my app version or something, but it's been like this for a while.

Thanks for translating this Coggy! Your hard work is much appreciated!

I recently caught up with the last year of progress you made. I really appreciate how pleasant it was to read. One thing I've been wondering is why you never attempted to add translations under each illustration with written lines. They have been simple enough for me to read so I don't mind that much, but I imagine that this isn't the case for most people.

Quote Originally Posted by AUO View Post
    I recently caught up with the last year of progress you made. I really appreciate how pleasant it was to read. One thing I've been wondering is why you never attempted to add translations under each illustration with written lines. They have been simple enough for me to read so I don't mind that much, but I imagine that this isn't the case for most people.
    A lot of the text is fairly simple/inconsequential (like the Circe one at the end of the chapter for example) so I've been putting them off for now since I didn't want to TL them without typesetting it too, which is fairly easy but I've been planning to just wait and do all of them once I finish all the text in the book proper

Hello!
    Here's a very small update, just to show I am still working on the LN. It isn't much, but that's because I've been working on re-doing a lot of what I had tl'd of the chapter previously. I had begun working on it back in January but took a bit of a hiatus, and in the past few months my Japanese/TL ability has improved quite a bit, and I realized I wasn't exactly huge on my TL of a lot of the chapter, so I figured I'd just redo it from scratch.

My progress is a lot quicker now, at least, but I also think the quality is just generally higher.

Anyway, I'll be working on this more actively again starting now, with the hopes of a volume 3 (or SOMETHING) being announced this year.

Please forgive the shit Italian usage. I remembered that I was matching the other TLs, which had dropped honorifics, and realized I still wanted to convey the usage of them with these characters. So I tried. Even asked an Italian speaking friend, so hopefully it's alright.

Thanks for the patience! Again, it's not much this time. Hopefully I can fix that soon

Chapter 12:
    In the falling dusk, standing on the dimly lit cobbled pavement amidst the bustle of commuters hurrying home before the station, the boy raises his eyes to the sky.

Although it is dimly lit by moonlight, it is a lonely sky without any stars.

He lifts his heels and stretches himself a bit taller, pointing the sharp of his nose to the sky as if to stab the moon.

“--Alright then, this time… where shall we go? Erice.”

“Thinkin’ about that right now.”

“It’s already, the end of the day isn’t it?”

“I can tell that just from looking. But it’s normal for me to act at night. Although, I guess even you might be tired, right?”

“Seriously….”

I’m not wearing him out by dragging him around everywhere despite the fact he can’t go into Spirit Form, right? He won’t suddenly become incapacitated, will he? Even now, I’m incapable of taking care of my own Servant.

“Mmm, I can smell something all savory~ Yakitori, maybe? Let’s go grab a bite guys! I could go for a meal somewhere~!” Karin cried out directly into my ear as I sat with my butt hanging from the guardrail. My eyes came to a stop on a ramen stall with red lanterns lit up around it.

“You were doing nothing but stuff your face just a bit ago. Your stomach has to be full of enough fruit to last a lifetime ya know? Do you want to make Euclides cry again?”

“Treating someone, followed up by treating someone again huh… Well, that is what it is, but I’ve got a second pocket for dinner!”

Such terrifying digestive power. If all those nutrients aren’t going to calories or magical energy, just where the hell ARE they going?

“Oh speaking of Miss Eucy, we missed our chance to ask about why she had to suddenly cancel like that.”

“Ah- You’re right. Though I bet she’d probably say ‘It wasn’t very Euclidean’ or something like that.”

She herself seemed to have been pretty upset over the fact that such a horrifying act of terror could happen at the exact time she had to take an absence from her commentator role.

On the other hand, I was actually a bit relieved by that fact. Against such a powerful enemy as Nzambi, if the situation had been changed by her having the chance to manipulate a Foreigner Servant it would have turned into the level of disturbance I wouldn’t have been able to quell with my own hands.

Even when that wasn’t the case…

Oh wait. Speaking of absences–

“Karin, what’s Kōyō doing?”

“Ahh, about that, looks like she’s in a bit of a bad mood. Having a bad reaction to it… Me too, about that Servant Loss stuff from earlier. I wanted to discuss it with you. It’s something we can’t just leave alone, right?”

“...I see. Of course. I mean, I thought that was only natural.”

The only thing that could offset the feelings of despondency from losing one’s Servant is itself a Servant. Everyone in Mosaic City believes this. If the proper care isn’t given to it and the Loss state is allowed to prolong there will be citizens who fall into serious conditions.

I shudder as memories of the Meister burying himself in the shadows of therapy groups floods my mind. I find myself agitated by the eeriness of whatever it is that’s taking place here. As it is now, I can understand their feelings of horror and isolation… as I should be able to.

–Voyager. He who descended from the sky above, my Servant.

The Golden Boy, who looked as if he would shatter into pieces if I were to but hold him tight. Just the act of having him stand by my side is enough, the Servant I had constantly wished for.

And I was already feeling overwhelmed by the prospect. We don’t have that same relationship of mutual support as Circe and her Master do…

(...Hm?)

My bangs faintly swayed. A message had come in via Mystic Code.

A hidden line on the
    Net
    Information Network

The sender was an information broker, the Borgia Siblings, and they were looking to talk not over text but through voice chat. That meant this was business that would require my immediate judgment.

{Good evening, carissima Erice.} {Good evening, cara Erice.}

“Good evening to you, Signora and Signor Borgia.”

As I moved off of the sidewalk I gestured to Karin and company that I was on a voice call.

{We have information we believe you would desire.}

“I’m listening.” I had thrown a lot of requests at the Borgias, a lot of which were of the ‘doesn’t hurt to try’ variety. I asked in a hushed voice– “Are there any developments regarding Kuchime’s arrest?”

{My apologies to disappoint, but it’s not about that. This is in regards to trends within the Riedenflaus family.” “It would appear one of the Riedenflaus pupils recently transferred locations.}

“You mean…”

{As I understand, they’re a newcomer Tournament Champion, or some such.}

(They mean Koharu!)

–Koharu F Riedenflaus.

We had exchanged our private contact information, and I had told her about my recent state of affairs. I had also sent messages asking about her condition, but to this day I haven’t received a single reply.

{The destination of the transfer is a remote island in the vicinity of Akihabara.}

“You mean to say… a retreat? One of your safehouses?”

{There’s the patented sharpness of our cara Erice.}

“P-Please hold on a second. If that’s the case, it has to be a safehouse under the jurisdiction of yourselves, does it not? If the fact you leaked this information got out to the Riedenflaus–”

{This request was of a more general type. The example used of ‘Champion’ still lies in the realm of being conjecture, you see? Judging by their treatment, the one being transferred does not seem to be special or someone with VIP status. As there is no proof, it is just fine for us to relay this information as a sort of service.}

“Huh…?”

That was simply not possible. It was just a matter of course for the Borgia Siblings to have caught onto whoever it was that had been transferred. This was just them dressing up their words so as to not leave behind any loose ends.

{On that matter carissima, and this is only a suggestion, we still have a slight allowance among the number of people at the safehouse as of now. How does a little vacation sound?}

“! I’ll go!”

Surprised by my sudden exclamation, Karin and Voyager paused their small talk as they turned to look at me.

The expense of staying at a retreat safehouse with such secure Bounded Fields applied, a place that had been entirely cleared of people, was a pricepoint you couldn’t even begin to compare to with things like the Suite Room at a high-class hotel. It had been recommended to me before in a joking manner, but the truth was it wasn’t the kind of thing I could just do for personal use.

Even so, I wanted to meet her.

I had to make sure Koharu was safe.

{I see– In that case, at the crack of dawn tomorrow would you be so kind as to board a boat at the designated location?}

US Friend Code

Thank you for your work. Yay Koharu stuff, that means more context for the bits and pieces I've heard about Galahad in this.

Anyway, I'll be working on this more actively again starting now, with the hopes of a volume 3 (or SOMETHING) being announced this year.
    When I noticed that Erice got two pieces of art for this year's GO anniversary (one by Noco, one by Riyo) I got optimistic. But I am prepared to be shot down again this comiket.

Hey Coggy, just wondering if you're still working on Requiem? Your translation so far is much appreciated, really good job!

Quote Originally Posted by niisama View Post
    Hey Coggy, just wondering if you're still working on Requiem? Your translation so far is much appreciated, really good job!
    Hey, thanks for asking! To be honest, I have not worked on it in quite some time, mostly due to a lack of motivation. I was just recently talking about getting back into finishing it with some friends, so I'm planning to pick it back up (probably with a friend helping edit to make things go faster). Don't really have an ETA on when I'll get more of it TL'd, but I want to try and finish it and not just give up.

US Friend Code
    Update is appreciated if nothing else, and the good news is there’s not really any rush to catch up since… Volume 3 is still nowhere in site lol

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I'll be grateful if you ever manage to get back to it, and thanks for the work so far anyway.

US Friend Code
    Likewise

Quote Originally Posted by Coggy View Post
    Hey, thanks for asking! To be honest, I have not worked on it in quite some time, mostly due to a lack of motivation. I was just recently talking about getting back into finishing it with some friends, so I'm planning to pick it back up (probably with a friend helping edit to make things go faster). Don't really have an ETA on when I'll get more of it TL'd, but I want to try and finish it and not just give up.
    Thanks for your reply, it's much appreciated! Good to hear that you still plan to continue eventually. I understand losing motivation, what with nothing new for Requiem since... forever lol. Wish you luck and a strong spirit, you can do it

Quote Originally Posted by Paulie25 View Post
    Update is appreciated if nothing else, and the good news is there’s not really any rush to catch up since… Volume 3 is still nowhere in site lol
    For real. I wonder if everything's alright with Meteo, The last volume will soon become 4 years old. Has there been any news regarding volume 3 so far?

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kirishima's Avatar
    A new volume will be written when they run out of collabs for FGO and need requiem part 2