Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 58910

Thread: [FGO JP Event] White Day Spectacles & The 15 Bespectacled Intellectuals

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Synaptic Star's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Oz1337 View Post
    Honestly the CQ feels like they went all out into trying to prevent 3-turn clear (or rather 4 in this case)
    And yet, people found a way to four turn anyways, lol.

It's a tricky situation. So much of the game is already minturning stages with loops in farming. If the few interesting stages are also done this way, then that's all she wrote for FGO gameplay. There would be no more fun left in the game. Now, you might say that people can always chose not to use the loopers on the challenge quests except most people will not take that choice. Most people will take the path of least resistance, no matter how much fun a higher resistance path may be. As the saying goes, "Given the opportunity, players will optimize the fun out of a game.". Games have to actively lead people to fun. Afterall, if people were capable of entertaining themselves then they would be doing stuff like contributing to society rather then playing this kusoge. Thus, challenge quests have to have enough friction to at least very highly discourage minturning, even if it makes understanding the gimmicks a headache.

Personally, I blame Castoria. She made looping more powerful, and it was already very powerful before, and made it accessible to much more units, paving the way for the rotten meta we see today.
    Last edited by Synaptic Star; March 9th, 2022 at 12:13 PM.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six OnesFleetingGlory's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    They could make it like Summer Camp CQ with Bunyan and Eric. It consists of two Servants with multiple mobs in-between in a single wave. It can still be min-turned, but it took at least 9 turns at minimum to complete it.

Personally though, min-turning is something usually done by whales, which make up the majority of streamers, giving the impression that their setups are the only ways to complete the CQs. So I'm immensely grateful to people like Honako who used lower-rarity Servants to accomplish those. There are also other JP youtubers that use less popular Servants in their setup, so metas are not quite end-all be-all in this game, which is a crucial notion for F2Ps like me.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Zork Knight's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Nowadays I often find myself farming without looping for the sake of Event CEs and Bond Bonus units. Right now I'm just, swinging at enemies with AltJuna/Cuzilla/Hajime

The CQ reminded me of Tell's second Noble Phantasm. I kinda hope they give him an NP Upgrade that replaces the Ignore Evasion with Removes Defensive Buffs, or even Ignores All Defensive Buffs (fuck Castoria)

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I just want more CQs like Eli Eli (Brave)'s.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    Then I will ask that you pay closer attention
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    So if I'm reading this right DP is saying that the feature almost everybody hates that is bad and makes the forum objectively worse will never go away because that would negatively impact another feature that nobody has ever used and most likely never will use just in case someday, someone wants to use it. Is that right?
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    It's like if someone told me "make me a milkshake" and i was blind and they gave me the ingredients and I made a milkshake because milkshakes are good, but it turns out that milkshake was a bomb.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries

Sigurd's glasses were annoying near the end with the double stun. Still, this team is absurd. The only useful CE I brought was Lv. 100 Joint Recital on Morgan.
    canon finish apo vol 3

Blog Entries
    cocksucker ruined my perfect 1st attempt at CQ unfuckingbelievable

my fault for bringing memelin instead of oberon but still
    FIIIINE

Blog Entries
    this kills lasagna's intern

Merlin rate up and still precisely zero reason to need to raise his NP level.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Oh, everybody benefits from that crazy Special Defense Up, going to use my Minotaur team since it gives me so many Invincible options.
    So if I'm reading this right DP is saying that the feature almost everybody hates that is bad and makes the forum objectively worse will never go away because that would negatively impact another feature that nobody has ever used and most likely never will use just in case someday, someone wants to use it. Is that right?
    It's like if someone told me "make me a milkshake" and i was blind and they gave me the ingredients and I made a milkshake because milkshakes are good, but it turns out that milkshake was a bomb.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries

Not that bad actually. Went in the order of Tell -> Sigurd -> Andersen -> Jekyll -> Kintoki because too good to give up that free 20% gauge per turn, plus didn't want to get slapped with that NP generation debuff early in case it went onto Yang. Saber Caster got hit by the permanent random stun chance debuff from Sigurd while Yang got the permanent random sleep after hit from Andersen. Yang eventually got removed because of eating a Kintoki NP unprotected, but that was when Kintoki was all that was left so I just needed to stall with Merlin and Saber Caster while waiting for Gawain to have the opportunity to Buster crit or NP once he had an Intellectual buff.

Edit: If I were to do it again, I'd probably go Tell -> Andersen -> Jekyll -> Sigurd -> Kintoki, swapping in a taunt Servant when I break Andersen to make sure that debuff gets wasted.
    Last edited by Trubo; March 12th, 2022 at 04:21 PM.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I should have asked this during Valentine's Day, given that Foreigner Molay is female, but I just thought of it now. Back before Molay was released, in terms of the 2 versions of Vlad, one gave you a kabob, which makes complete sense, while the other gave you a goat plushie. However, because the goat plushie would actually be more Molay's thing, what does Molay give you now that she is out?

Just like a box of chocolates

Got an event CE from the daily friendpoint free ten roll. Thanks game but couldn't you have given it earlier?

Blog Entries
    Constantine banner where . . .

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Please understand.

This was a Bartholomew situation.

マリーの味方
    Quote Originally Posted by Sione View Post
    Constantine banner where . . .
    tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by Petrikow View Post
    This was a Bartholomew situation.
    That would imply Constantine is a bronze unit, which would be very good.