Page 4 of 38 FirstFirst ... 23456914 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokemon Scarlet and Violet

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Weren't Galar gyms just a single "boss battle" with <4 Pokemon each? I mean a real gym, with trainers and puzzles inside.

- - - Updated - - -

Fine, I'll bite: How?
    Like, which traditions do we preserve? What actually constitutes our culture? Who is it meant to serve, and who might it be against? All those are political questions, and I think Sun and Moon ask most of them in some way with the Island Challenge.
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

JP Friend Code
    nonexistant
    So... Spain...
    If there's no Portugal in this one, there will never be.

League could stay the same as in Galar really. Football is giant over there too. And they're better at it than the english (heh).
    Though the League building *is* the Sagrada Famlia and not Camp Nou so they're probably changing it to a more traditional format. Might even have a proper Elite Four back. Kinda would make sense if they were to... say... make each of them represent one of the 4 old kingdoms that eventually fused into Spain: León y Castilla, Granada, Navarra and Aragón. Just as an example. Champion would be Portuguese ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) jk.

Looking forward in particular to the town based in Sevilla, since I've been there many times and have family there. Would be cool to see how a place I've actually been to is recreated in game.
    burn your dread you coward

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Still haven't warmed up to the Starters, but at least they don't look as Fakemon when drawn by one of the anime animators.

"Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

マリーの味方
    I'm probably one of the few who thought Arceus was not good so I'd prefer this be similar to the mainline games. That said, hopefully more similar to the good ones and not Gen 8.

please have good evolutions water starter bro. if not it'll be grass for me
    Last edited by Sesto; March 1st, 2022 at 11:23 AM.

Blog Entries
    This new fire starter is derpy and cute and this game better not be SHIT

Perspective makes you think you're right. Escavalien's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I'm generally speaking hoping for a hybrid between Sword and Shield and Arceus in terms of the overworld and the atmosphere. I think Arceus could be a great base structure for the franchise going forward even if they bring back elements from the main series.

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Looks like we might be looking at another Galar situation where the Region is rotated in comparison to its source country.

Source
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I hope there's still a Portugal area.

Blog Entries
    gonna be interesting to see if they make references to Kalos being their neighbors.
    And if they remember Andorra
    "Let's see the color of your coin, my friend."

Behold my vault of Heroes.
    Where the Heavens and the Abyss breath the Music of Humanity.

The King's duty is to provide. And provide, I shall.
    University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Our Kingdom will grow. And we shall know each citizen.
    Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

JP Friend Code
    nonexistant
    You're a transfer student from Kalos and everyone hates you at first.

Quote Originally Posted by Escavalien View Post
    I'm generally speaking hoping for a hybrid between Sword and Shield and Arceus in terms of the overworld and the atmosphere. I think Arceus could be a great base structure for the franchise going forward even if they bring back elements from the main series.
    Generally agree with this. Arceus would be a good base for future entries and hopefully more diverse experiences in the games.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe there should be a historical type game about a war between this region and Kalos? Pretty sure Parfum Palace mentions a war with Kalos' neighbors around the equivalent to our 17th century.
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I wouldn't bet on ever getting any games set in any of the wars. It's cool to have edgy background info like that but they can't stray that far from the brand in an actual game.

JP Friend Code
    nonexistant
    Worry not, some edgy brooding fangame will come out to overcomplicate the fuck outta the conflict.

Quote Originally Posted by pinetree View Post
    I wouldn't bet on ever getting any games set in any of the wars. It's cool to have edgy background info like that but they can't stray that far from the brand in an actual game.
    You say that, but the fact that we got anything like Legends would have been considered impossible before it was announced, so I have a tiny bit of hope.

Also, they were partially involved in making Conquest, the best Pokemon spinoff ever, and that was based around a Pokemon Sengoku Jidai.

Your average angst/edge supplier BnEl15's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TomPen94 View Post
    Worry not, some edgy brooding fangame will come out to overcomplicate the fuck outta the conflict.
    Oh crap, you just reminded me of Pokemon Reborn which I played during my edgy middle school years. Having more "mature" themes in a Pokemon game is nice, but most of these fangames seem to just go absolutely balls out with their edge to the point they just feel forced and overcomplicated instead.

Quote Originally Posted by BnEl15 View Post
    Oh crap, you just reminded me of Pokemon Reborn which I played during my edgy middle school years. Having more "mature" themes in a Pokemon game is nice, but most of these fangames seem to just go absolutely balls out with their edge to the point they just feel forced and overcomplicated instead.
    I can see that, but I think it's possible to cover darker moments in that world's history without getting too edgy.

JP Friend Code
    nonexistant
    Quote Originally Posted by BnEl15 View Post
    Precisely the game I had in mind when I typed that lol

JP Friend Code
    I'm not feeling the design of these new starters. Looks...uninspired. Maybe they get better with evolution.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Nanaya's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post
    I'm probably one of the few who thought Arceus was not good so I'd prefer this be similar to the mainline games. That said, hopefully more similar to the good ones and not Gen 8.

please have good evolutions water starter bro. if not it'll be grass for me
    I like Arceus but I'm not sure I'd want to carry anything over to a mainline game since I like them more. The battles especially were jank in LA with styles and no abilities so maybe keep it to spinoff territory. I'd mostly hope they just fix pokemon typing. Some types need a lot of work like Ice and I wish they'd adjust stats of old and useless mons. As for starters, grass looks nice but I'm going with the fireboy. He seems like he'll be the type to have the coolest third stage.

JP Friend Code
    Crazy how the water starters are usually the least popular one in most gens. This one looks like some Donald duck ripoff so it's even easier to skip.