Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123458 ... LastLast

Thread: Solutions to the decline of Magecraft/Mysteries?

JP Friend Code
    I told u gais, just go cyber. Kiara cult was able to digitalize Dakini magecraft and used it inside the Moon Cell to great effect. If mankind can somehow create a similar environment to the Moon Cell then you not only turn the 3rd Magic into magecraft, but also open a whole new frontier.

Pointless. Just make a program or something.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Moon Cell is so far beyond human technology it might as well be magic.

I mean considering the fact servants made in the mooncell retain there properties outside of it, it literally is magic and its also somehow able to observe all the magic and how it works as well as copy it.

So the real solution is to just use magic better clearly and not wrong like earth.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    The solution to all problems is using things better and not wrong.

Honestly is moon cell really that far and beyond? I mean
    It's just a super computer. Couldn't humans just make something like that in thousand or more years later.

US Friend Code
    It's a moon sized virtual world that can grant wishes and access the Throne of Heroes

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Calling the Moon Cell just a supercomputer is like calling a fusion power generator just a bonfire.

Improved Animusphere magecraft. By knowing more we just expose ourselves to more things we do not know, these "mysteries" can be filled in by magecraft, mysteries like space.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six OnesFleetingGlory's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Takashi View Post
    Honestly is moon cell really that far and beyond? I mean
    It's just a super computer. Couldn't humans just make something like that in thousand or more years later.
    It's an alien technology to begin with, so it's doubtful that humans could find the necessary materials to replicate it.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle
    JP Friend Code
    I believe they mentioned the basic structure, crystals that store data, have either been created on Earth or can theoretically be created in Fate/the fact. I think it's just an application of existing technology on a currently impossible to achieve scale.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bingo9 View Post
    What if we don’t kill 90-100% of the humans? Good mystery with people still alive
    Bit much, IMO. Maybe 50% would be good. After all, there is a certain pleasure to have modern weaponry and supernatural powers and using that to easily curb stomp those who only use one or the other.

Quote Originally Posted by Quoren View Post
    I believe they mentioned the basic structure, crystals that store data, have either been created on Earth or can theoretically be created in Fate/the fact. I think it's just an application of existing technology on a currently impossible to achieve scale.
    Philosopers stones if memory serves

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    Oh, now that finally makes sense. The wording is really not clear on this one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bingo9 View Post
    That makes so much sense now, thank you random citizen.
    ...You guys were joking, right?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
    Does that mean we all become A-Rays? I could use some wings.
    I hear Red Bull fixes that. Or if you'd rather not put that in your body, psychedelics.

- - - Updated - - -

OT, there really aren't any good solutions based on what we know about Magecraft currently (which could change tomorrow as long as Nasu feels like it). Mystery is a strictly limited resource, the more people out there have even a fragment of it the less each individual has overall. And given that muggles "passively" diminish it with their science and inquiry and stuff, the only way to redistribute more Mystery to fewer individuals is for there to be fewer humans in the world in total.

That, or someone with access to reality-warping powers can fundamentally alter the nature of Mystery to make it go infinite or something. I dunno, try bonking Shiki over the head and then asking [ ] really nicely.
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    No.
    Call me 想φαγω.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooncake View Post
    I get this vague feeling from your posts that you're looking down on people who don't share your view, which is what it is, but at least take a moment to snort some common sense between those hits of pretension.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    My opinion is better than your opinion, so it isn't up for debate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun
    Telling us that you're rich is not going to make anyone stop laughing at you for believing in self-insert NTR.
    Quote Originally Posted by ResidentSeagull View Post
    You seriously underestimate the human potential for wanting to fuck stuff, my dude.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan
    Welcome to BL, new user. Don't forget to fate/stay mad

Quote Originally Posted by OnesFleetingGlory View Post
    It's an alien technology to begin with, so it's doubtful that humans could find the necessary materials to replicate it.
    You could. Just have Sion work on one after Melty Blood for a couple of years. Or have her turn a bunch of people into philosophers stones to make it even quicker and go full Dust.

The Moon Cell is just a super huge pure photonic crystal/philosophers stone.

That said as far as talking about Codecasts and what not, it's pretty much an in-between step of going from magecraft and world = has foundations engraved into it to the graduation of -> information world and age of will with humanity and concepts being more directly the stuff to pull on.

Regardless mystery and magecraft will eventually disappear. There is no solution with normal human progress.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six OnesFleetingGlory's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Philosopher's Stone
    Huh, Just found out about that. But can humans reproduce the technology, though?

中間にあるもの That Which Is In-Between Bingo9's Avatar

OT, there really aren't any good solutions based on what we know about Magecraft currently (which could change tomorrow as long as Nasu feels like it). Mystery is a strictly limited resource, the more people out there have even a fragment of it the less each individual has overall. And given that muggles "passively" diminish it with their science and inquiry and stuff, the only way to redistribute more Mystery to fewer individuals is for there to be fewer humans in the world in total.

That, or someone with access to reality-warping powers can fundamentally alter the nature of Mystery to make it go infinite or something. I dunno, try bonking Shiki over the head and then asking [ ] really nicely.
    Only half joking.

Would them even just knowing that it exists diminish the mystery? Assuming a scenario where science is destroyed or just doesn’t exist, would it decrease across individuals if they just knew the mystery existed or if they knew how a mystery worked, like the difference from knowing there’s a spell to destroy a heart vs knowing how the person does it (immediate thought is Lord El Melloi II exposing Luvia).

Also that Shiki idea is my favorite theory now.

So the moon cell? i mean considering alien stuff we have seen utilize mana and other stuff like that...
    Last edited by Byegod; March 4th, 2022 at 10:28 PM.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Ubergeneral's Avatar
    What exactly makes magic in the first place? Was it something made by the world or is its origin foreign?

I like discussing this because the lore for this area is confusing and vauge.

My theory is that Velber is the reason for the decline of magic. But Lostbelt 5 seems to imply that even by the time of Olympia magic was already declining as Kirschtaria was able to move the stars and planets, something that even the machine gods couldn't do. So Velber may have sped the process up but it was already deminishing before she came. Another thing about the Umbral Star is that it had a reason for wanting to destroy civilization. Is there something about humans having magic that terrified it?

Perhaps magic is not natural and arrived as a result of the dinosaur killing meteorite. Because there is no natural source of magic on earth it slowly decreases over time. Lostbelt 7 is probolly going to address this since it has a Incan/Mayan theme.