Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 27101112

Thread: Solutions to the decline of Magecraft/Mysteries?

Blog Entries
    Then I believe you've got your answer.
    Call me 想φαγω.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooncake View Post
    I get this vague feeling from your posts that you're looking down on people who don't share your view, which is what it is, but at least take a moment to snort some common sense between those hits of pretension.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    My opinion is better than your opinion, so it isn't up for debate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun
    Telling us that you're rich is not going to make anyone stop laughing at you for believing in self-insert NTR.
    Quote Originally Posted by ResidentSeagull View Post
    You seriously underestimate the human potential for wanting to fuck stuff, my dude.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan
    Welcome to BL, new user. Don't forget to fate/stay mad

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TomPen94 View Post
    There is no solution.
    No solution needed.
    Humans very good.
    Humanity awesome.
    Celebrate Human History.
    Cherish it.
    Agreed. Mystery was always nothing more than a crutch for when humanity still needed a helping hand. Losing all the magic powers is a small price to pay for being able to choose our own destiny without being bound to capricious gods or mysterious otherworldly forces who cannot be trusted to understand or empathize with humankind.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Yet

The loss of mana in EXTRA-verse dooms humanity's future on the planet

much to ponder

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Petrikow View Post
    Yet

The loss of mana in EXTRA-verse dooms humanity's future on the planet

much to ponder
    I thought it was the overconsumption of natural resources and destruction of the biosphere from gluttonous corporate entities that was damning Extraverse. The decline in Mana was why the world powers were trying to fix things with a lunar based alien supercomputer rather an semi-omnipotent wish granting device.

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Dingo View Post
    I thought it was the overconsumption of natural resources and destruction of the biosphere from gluttonous corporate entities that was damning Extraverse. The decline in Mana was why the world powers were trying to fix things with a lunar based alien supercomputer rather an semi-omnipotent wish granting device.
    No, it was apparently an attempt to summon the Dark Six ahead of schedule which went wrong in some undefined way. I assume that everything else stemmed from that, somehow- I'm not sure how lack of mana would do that, but I'm not the one who came up with the idea.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    No, if anything it's the opposite.

You seem to have misinterpreted what Overcount 1999 is. The "wound on the soul of the planet" caused by Overcount 1999 did lead to the eventual decay of resources on Earth. But the resources themselves is no big matter. That much can be solved by Mooncell. Twice says as much.

However, that problem being fixed won't stop humanity's decline. This is what drove Twice (and Leo as well) to despair. If Leo were to win and his 'preservation paradise' were to become the future of humanity, that would not fundamentally change the inevitable decline of humanity. In Last Encore Your Score, Nasu outright says that the only future possible for humanity is for them to abandon Earth.

Furthermore, Leo's actions informed Twice that even then, Leo having chosen control over progress means that there is no answer forward for humanity.
    Last edited by Petrikow; April 11th, 2022 at 11:54 AM.