Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: [EN] Lostbelt 5.2: Olympus: The Day to Bring Down Gods

Blog Entries
    Yeah, it looks lame even for a mecha too. How did it get to Kintoki in the first place anyways? Neither the Atlantic Ocean nor the Mediterranean Sea were anywhere close to Japan.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Take the Atlantic and drift under Africa.

Blog Entries
    Then it's more likely to land in India, Indonesia or Australia than Japan. But maybe Ares had a vacation in these places too, and some people from there could use him as their personal toy, idk.

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by yokushi View Post
    I feel the opposite, it's pretty clear they had all the main beats defined from the start (all the foreshadowing from Moonlight Lostroom and Prologue to now makes it super obvious, that's why people had a lot of stuff figured it out by this point), but stretching the story 5 years instead of the 1 year and half in Part 1 caused some weird pacing.
    The main beats, sure, but the writers don't seem to be looking at the script the other writers do when it's time for their character's plot points to come through.

LB5.5 onwards potential spoilers
    We get baited into thinking Koyanskaya's spoiler spoiler. She's not. For no real reason. Just for the fakeout.

Douman shows up for half the LBs, being a sneak rat the entire time. We don't scratch him for ages, he's got these magics that make Servants unkillable and evil and can't be resisted and so son. He acts so obviously evil and manipulative and yet none of the LB Kings go "you're definitely the kind of scumbag who'd stab us in the back, get out and/or die." Then in this one he can't touch us and gets spanked, and apparently he gets unceremoniously murdered to death in the next one.

The Muramasa Alter Ego reveal was weak.

We've had Rasputin and what Ana said to him figured out from LB1.

Caenis apparently gets scrapped by Kirschtaria and he apparently tells the Dioscuri they can get rid of her. The next half of the LB they're acting as if she just fell in the ocean and nothing ever happened.

It all feels fairly inconsistent.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

JP Friend Code
    Honestly the most pointless appearance in this LB was Lancer Artoria Alter. I bet no one even remembered that she shows up for a split second.

Quote Originally Posted by eddyak View Post
    The main beats, sure, but the writers don't seem to be looking at the script the other writers do when it's time for their character's plot points to come through.

LB5.5 onwards potential spoilers
    We get baited into thinking Koyanskaya's spoiler spoiler. She's not. For no real reason. Just for the fakeout.

Douman shows up for half the LBs, being a sneak rat the entire time. We don't scratch him for ages, he's got these magics that make Servants unkillable and evil and can't be resisted and so son. He acts so obviously evil and manipulative and yet none of the LB Kings go "you're definitely the kind of scumbag who'd stab us in the back, get out and/or die." Then in this one he can't touch us and gets spanked, and apparently he gets unceremoniously murdered to death in the next one.

The Muramasa Alter Ego reveal was weak.

We've had Rasputin and what Ana said to him figured out from LB1.

Caenis apparently gets scrapped by Kirschtaria and he apparently tells the Dioscuri they can get rid of her. The next half of the LB they're acting as if she just fell in the ocean and nothing ever happened.

It all feels fairly inconsistent.
    Spoiler:
    Koyan was weird but all the seeds were foreshadowed, we just choose to not believe her when she said she wasn't Daji or when Tunguska was randomly mentioned.

Douman's end is everything but unceremonious. You can like or not Heian's writing, but Douman gets his comeuppance.

Also the Caenis thing was totally planned, you can even hear the sound of a command spell being used to save Caenis while falling. The whole point is that again, like Olympus directly says, the Dioscuri never really understood Wodime or his intentions.

In a re-read, there is a lot of stuff that you start to notice it was there all along. It just took so long that we forgot most of it.

US Friend Code
    2023 spoilers
    Koyanskaya is definitrly weird. There are some things that make it feel like they changed direction at one point, and some things that in hindsight to her reveal next year make you go "ohhhhh".

I don't think the issues are caused by conflicting writers since Nasu oversees and reads everything, so he'd presumably keep it all on the same page.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Didn't Atlantis clearly show Orion spanking Caenis, Kirsch showing up saying "don't kill my guy, I still need him", then the Dioscuri torturing and abandoning Caenis on their own personal decision?

Not at all, the exchange goes like this:
    Kirschtaria: "That's enough, Caenis. With wounds that severe, even speaking a few words could cause you to expire."
    Kirschtaria: "..."
    Kirschtaria: "Dioscuri, take Caenis away from here. It's all right. I have no need for protection."
    Castor: "What? Lord Kirschtaria, you would really have us save this incompetent, good-for-nothing woman's life?"
    Pollux: "indeed. I have to agree with my brother here, Lord Kirschtaria. Caenis is responsible for her own fate in this. I see no need for us to sully ourselves with her fithy bloo-"
    Kirschtaria (really smug sprite): "Which is exactly why I'm entrusting this task to you two. ...You do understand what that means, don't you?"
    Castor and Pollux are perplexed, then they both smile
    Castor: "Very well. If our contracted Master command it, then so be it."
    Pollux: "Hehe. This is your lucky day, Caenis. It would seem we have no choice but to help you."

It's really framed like he is asking them to punish Caenis.

Later Castor even says: "All right, let's head back. We still need to tell Lord Kirschtaria that we disposed of the filthy bitch, just as he ordered us to."
    Last edited by Herod; April 18th, 2022 at 02:02 PM.
    Because you are too young. Or too stupid. Or both.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Right. The twins had a proper reason interpret the order the way they did.

US Friend Code
    Maybe it was a ploy to make sure Caenis ended up working with Chaldea? Only thing I can think of.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    Maybe it was a ploy to make sure Caenis ended up working with Chaldea? Only thing I can think of.
    Kirsch states at a point in Olympus that when he heard that Caenis had allied themself with chaldea he almost dropped his tea so I don't think so

Quote Originally Posted by mami-kouga View Post
    Kirsch states at a point in Olympus that when he heard that Caenis had allied themself with chaldea he almost dropped his tea so I don't think so
    He specifically says he never expected Caenis to join Chaldea so quickly. So what impressed him was how fast it happened.
    Last edited by yokushi; April 18th, 2022 at 04:32 PM.