Thread: [EN] Lostbelt 5.2: Olympus: The Day to Bring Down Gods

US Friend Code

[EN] Lostbelt 5.2: Olympus: The Day to Bring Down Gods

Prologue text

New Servants

Begins tomorrow.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I wish the best of luck to all ye EN people.

And also, please post your salt from fighting the bosses.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six OnesFleetingGlory's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    That's it for the new Servants? They're forgetting someone.

Though I suppose it's too spoiler-ish.

US Friend Code
    That's banner 2, they never real banner 2 early.

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Petrikow View Post
    I wish the best of luck to all ye EN people.

And also, please post your salt from fighting the bosses.

It had better be absolute bullshit from the way you guys have been talking the last two years.

If I end up wrecking it with just my normal crew I'll be really disappointed.
    Last edited by Mattias; March 24th, 2022 at 12:23 AM.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

I forgot Musashi was there and never helped us. Instead saying she would aid us at Olympus.

US Friend Code

There's our in-game excuse for the forced support gimmick.

Pretty intense prologue, and now not only Nemo, but also Da Vinci are out of commission. Swell.

US Friend Code
    Wow I got the second Talos fight down to 20k before it killed me.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    Wow I got the second Talos fight down to 20k before it killed me.
    Get a defensive support for one turn, stun him in the next and then get Musashi's NP up for when she swallows his buffs in the third

US Friend Code
    I cheesed out Talos + Dioscuri with True Orion. Boy am I grateful for being able to nab him.

On another note, Demeter down. And yep, the fight is as absurd as people claimed it to be. took me many retries to beat her without CS.
    So my setup is Skadi, Ushiwakamaru, Caenis(duh), Santagale, Ryouma, and Paracelsus. For those who have Ridertoki, this might be less hard.

-The key here is to equip two specific CCs on your frontline Rider DPS, namely; Law of Creation and Disciple's Command Seal. Demeter tend to cast double DEF Up a few times during the fight, which reduces your damage to zero, so those two CCs help removing them before you use NP or critting. I put them on Ushi.

-Next up, party-wide Buff Removal and Buff Block on first break. Santagale is my solution to that gimmick. I had her second Skill maxed out to counter the Buff Removal so Ushi still keeps her buffs, and her first Skill helps cleanse the Buff Block.

-Ryouma is the unexpected MVP in my setup. His NP is strong, loopable with face cards, and it often reduces Demeter's NP to keep her from using it.

-Caenis doesn't do much, but her third skill could debuff Demeter with ATK Down, so it helps the team surviving somewhat, as long as Demeter's Debuff Immunity isn't up.

All in all, it was a fairly good run. Ushi's NP comes out more often than expected, and it could close to entirely break Demeter's bar without Skadi's Quick buff, so I saved it until Ushi's current buffs wear off to prolong the offense.

US Friend Code
    I like Adele's design a lot.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Ushiwakamaru is indeed very good for Demeter. IIRC, she's the Servant almost inevitably used for every low-rarity run of that boss.

US Friend Code
    Maifrendo is a decent option as well, but mine is underleveled.

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Day One thoughts:

-Thank god the normal soldiers don't all have break bars. After the second one I was expecting the last node on that chapter to be three soldiers with high HP and break bars. Just normal guy + Orb was so much easier than expected.

-When you heard the rumbling start, did anyone else start humming Attack on Titan's 1st OP? Yang and Tamamo did pretty well against it though. Lead to a pretty funny "You burned me? Well, I'll burn you" trade off in the second break bar. Did that defence buff disappear once the first bar breaks? Because Yang went from doing 89k to 250k from on NP to the next. Do more burns mean more damage? Do Tamamo or Yang have a Buff Clear ability I've never noticed?
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
    Do more burns mean more damage?
    No, it's just a yes/no check on "is it burning?".

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Yuyu deals increased damage to burned enemies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

US Friend Code
    Okay... wasn't expecting to run into Koyanskaya this early into the story. I thought 'that fight' would happen at least after dealing with Aphrodite. So, strategy-sharing time.
    surprise boss
    "Beast of Taming"
    Yeah, this is the fight where the advantages aren't as simple as Class. She's strong to Hominidae Servants, neutral to non-Hominidae except Demonic Beast and Caster Class, and weak to Demonic Beast ones. So a Caster with Demonic Beast trait has full advantage against her, which is only Tamamo as of now. Thankfully, she doesn't have defensive advantage(?) against Hominidae trait, so they still hit neutrally instead of resisted.

The fight is straightforward; AoE attacks along with occasional debuffs in-between; Curse and Terror.
    This is one of rare chances where Friend Supports are available, so I borrowed an Enkidu. Alongside them, my team is Asclepius, Skadi, True Orion, Hans, and solo-tailored Tamamo.

Enkidu and True Orion made short work of all her bars except the last one, with combination of stun and crit. But during last bar, Koyan suddenly buffed herself then wiped out the frontline, leaving Tamamo alone.

Before, I said solo-tailored Tamamo because I equipped her with various CCs, like Chains of Heaven, Tamamo's Mirror, Cure, and Good Wife Wise Fox. She ended up soloing Koyan's last bar all by herself.

US Friend Code
    Aphrodite down. Thankfully, Friend Supports are available, making this much more manageable than with Demeter. Just fields all-Caster team with Friend Waver, and Asclepius is crucial for tanking her debuffs. My DPSs were Circe and Nero, with Nero survived until the very end. Basically, I used
    Nero
    Venus
    to take down
    Aphrodite
    Venus

US Friend Code
    Imagining Ushiwaka fighting Demeter like her Tiamat fight in the anime, parkouring and flash stepping all over the city.

US Friend Code
    That's a pretty cool imagery ngl. We could see Caenis doing just that in the trailer.

So we fought Dioscuri yet again, right after Aphrodite. Talos isn't with them this time, instead they're accompanied with many mobs. It's way easier without worrying about Burn status. My NP2 Napoleon works nicely against Dioscuri, beating them in just two turns and then focusing on the remaining mobs.

Unrelated to the fight. Can't help but think that other than being native allies in Olympus, Macarios and Adele also serve as foils to the Dioscuri, as the temperamental brother and level-headed sister twins. Wouldn't be surprising if they're also voiced by the Uchida siblings, which is even more fitting since they have exact same relationship as them, with the older one is the sister.